Is this the shittiest faction in whole 40K...

Is this the shittiest faction in whole 40K? In a setting filled to the brim with edgelords they are by far the edgiest and for the dumbest reason possible I mean where the fuck is the connection between torture and filling their soul? Seems like something 14yo Hellsing fangirl could come up with. Also their armor is made of shit a decent Ork warband could shitstomp their entire race let alone things like Chaos Marines.

If you want to talk edgy you should see the grey knights. I dont think even dark eldar would use SoBs for armor polish

What?

Weak b8 m8.

Meme, user.

Look up khornate knights m8. It's terrible.

>edgiest and for the dumbest reason possible
Preventing a Chaos God from nomming your entire race is a dumb reason now?

>I mean where the fuck is the connection between torture and filling their soul?
Imagine you have a water bottle. The water bottle has a leak, and you can't fix it. All you can do is keep adding water to the bottle.

>their armor is made of shit a decent Ork warband could shitstomp their entire race let alone things like Chaos Marines
Their best armor is not being there to take the hits. Ever heard of speed and mobility?

Chaos > Orks > Imperials > Eldar > Dark Eldar > Oldcrons > Nids > Tau > Newcrons

>decent Ork warband could shitstomp their entire race let alone things like Chaos Marines.
The lore is filled with examples of dark eldar utterly curb stomping both of those races. Nice b8 craftworld faggot

>Ever heard of speed and mobility?

ever heard of bullets?

Dark Eldar are my favorite BECAUSE they're so over the top. My friends take the lore seriously and I just don't get that, so I love the silliest faction. Them and SpaceElf MurderClowns.

Yeah, bullets do so much in the grimderpness of the far future.

It's enough to drop a Marine then it's enough to drop a fucking eldar.

In your friends' defense, Space Clowns did just doom the Eldar.

This, also shit hot models. Some real sexy miniatures in the army.

>Space Clowns did just doom the Eldar
Explain.

All the bullets in the world are worth shit if the dude in charge of firing them is too confused, too spooked and/or too slow to shoot them.

Tried to help Eldrad summon Ynnead using the souls of all the Craftworlds collective Infinity Circuits.

It didn't work.

It's more than just a meme because it actually happened.

When does that happen?

At least they don't ride croissants.

It WOULD have worked had the Deathwatch not interfered.

And was promptly retconned. In the new version, the Sisters were already dead by the time the Grey Knights entered the system.

>Be one of the greatest Psykers in the galaxy and specialize in seeing the future
>Don't forsee the group of Astartes dedicated to fucking your kind over interrupting your undefended and super noticeable ritual occurring.

Could they not just made them the last remaining bulwark against Chaos in the System that allow the Grey Knights a safe drop zone? Could they not died as martyrs fighting the Heretics? Can my Bolter Bitches not get anything going for them?

Big E proves that being a great psyker doesn't prevent bad writing.

Being betrayed by your most trusted general, friend, and son is a bit harder to see coming and prepare for than being interrupted doing your creepy witch shit by the very dangerous elite super soldiers who dedicate their lives to interrupting your creepy witch shit.

That general, friend and son is closer to him than an external force and also easier to get rid of.

>easier to get rid of.
How do you figure?

>And was promptly retconned. In the new version, the Sisters were already dead by the time the Grey Knights entered the system.
Uh, no, it was just trimmed down to a single paragraph that doesn't even mention the Sisters:

>876.M41 The Bloodtide Returns
>Chaos comes to the Basilica of St. Mariel on the world of Van Horne. A statue of the Emperor is accidentally damaged during renovation work of the inner sanctum, disrupting the forgotten stasis-reliquary within. As the ancient prison crumbles to dust, the Bloodthirster Ka’jagga’nath, Lord of the Bloodtide, breaks free. At his bellowed command, a tide of gore washes through the vaults, corrupting everything and everyone it touches. It is only when the Grey Knights 4th Brotherhood arrives on Van Horne that the Bloodtide is abated and the Greater Daemon vanquished. Before Ka’jagga’nath’s essence can escape his ruined body, the Grey Knights are able to cast the Daemon’s dark presence back into the Warp, and the psychic backwash banishes the Bloodtide and the legion of Daemons it drew forth.

That's more or less exactly what happened in one of the new stories in the 7th edition codex, The Plague of Madness.

Just tell your other generals, friends and sons that he's up to no good.

You don't know/can't belive he's up to no good. That's the entire point.

Necrons are and always will be the shittiest faction. They're literally just a hodgepodge of everyone else in space skeleton costumes.

Tyranids are worse since outside of one character that sorta has attitude they literally have zero personality. I hate intergalactic threats.

And he's still the bestest psyker ever psyked. So either
>a)
Psyker are not omniscient and you should stop shitting on the Eldar for not knowing everything when the Emprah was to stupid to know what was going on.
or
>b)
This shit is pretty badly written.
OR
>c)
Both.

A faction of ravening monsters is fine.

Necrons have nothing of their own. Their existence is a blight upon the lore. Every niche they filled or story purpose they fulfill was done more elegantly by another faction before then. They are pure clutter, adding nothing to the setting.

And dear lord, the vast majority of their models are so incredibly shitty I can hardly bear to play against them. GW took the space Egyptian thing up to 11 in a way that is not at all enjoyable to look at.

>Uh, no, it was just trimmed down to a single paragraph that doesn't even mention the Sisters

How is that not a retcon?

Still waiting on Sisters that aren't $79 per squad ;_;

>by far the edgiest

Please allow me to introduce you to Chaos Space Marines.

Considering that entire types of warfare and operational doctrine emphasize speed and aggression over just bringing a shit ton of guns and armour...

>$79 per squad
Stop being retarded.
No SoB players use 10-girl units unless they're Repentia. Get the 3-girl blister pack, 2 Flamers and a Superior. Put them in a Rhino, or an Immolator if you navigate eBay well enough.

Eldar dodge bullets user. Every Eldar is like Neo in the first movie.

There are more Eldar in the Dark City then there are Craftworld Eldar across the entire galaxy. Not to mention these are guys that steal suns to use as glorified street lights.

The Dark Eldar are one of the most powerful factions in 40k, but are limited by the fact they have to go out of their way to cause enormous amounts of suffering and they're all too busy stabbing each other in the back.

Do you have one of these for literally every faction?

More importantly, does it end with one championing bringing Squats back?

Can't see through plot armour that thick.

Didn't a very large warband find its way into Commaragh and the dark eldar handled them

>speed and mobility
ever heard of superior firepower?

I don't see you with any antimatter lances.

They surviva via sadism. If it's practical it's no longer edgy.

>Also their armor is made of shit
You're just salsty because you can't play them.

I don't see space elves with enough artillery to turn the battlefield into mush simultaneously.
>muh pew pew lazors

For one, it doesn't actually contradict the 5e version in any way. A huge chunk of text was removed - only some of which was about the SoB - and two sentences received tiny, tiny extensions to partially compensate, but the remainder is copied word for word from the original (aside from the deletion of an apostrophe and "spirit" becoming "essence", if anybody wants to be really anal). All of which is just business as usual for GW when reprinting old lore.

At best you could call it retcon by omission, given the nature of the particular fluff in question. On the other hand, Grey Knight blood magic is still a thing and the same codex even went as far as to add another example of it. I'm not sure how one gets "Sisters were already dead by the time the Grey Knights entered the system" from the new version either way. If people really want to cry retcon based on what the 7e entry does and doesn't say, then it's actually retconned in the sense that the Sisters were never there at all, since they're no longer mentioned.

Waaagh! Zoggit. Did much more damage than it should have because the Kabals all kept trying to use the Waaagh!'s presence for their own benefit.

Sometimes the way Dark Eldar society operates reminds me of WHFB Dwarfs, which is appropriate since they're the next faction that's going to get squatted.

>they're the next faction that's going to get squatted
I'd expect the Sisters of Battle to be squatted first.

>artillery
>using weapons designed for attacking targets that are static or moving slowly and predictably against targets that are using illusions and moving Sanic fast
First volley is still in flight when you get turned into mush yourself

>where the fuck is the connection between torture and filling their soul?

Partially, it's easier to psychically drain someones spirit if that spirit is broken. It's not like your soul just falls lose every time you sneeze. They need to break your psyche to rip off bits of soul.

The other reason is that they're just sick fucks that like that stuff. I doubt that's the only method to soul-drain something. Nor even the best method. It's just the Deldar method.

They are the best faction in 40k.

>That general, friend and son is closer to him
Exactly. That's the entire point. Horus was his trusted friend and beloved son. How easy is it to see the flaws in the ones you love? How easy is it to miss betrayal in one that's spent centuries earning your trust?

>external force
Exactly. A known element with known motivations and known agenda.

They hate the Eldar and would never have stood by and let them summon a new god. Any pleb on the street could have predicted their reaction to that.

"What, the filthy xenos are preforming a ritual to summon forth a new warp god?"

"Yeah."

"Damn, EVERYONE will want to stomp the shit out of that. Especially the space marines and inquisition. If they hear about that they'll throw everything they can at it."

"Yep."

sorry slave, can't hear you over the 12 inch corkscrew barbed and corrosive rod in your mouth

>Is this the shittiest faction in whole 40K?

No, that would be Tau under modern (mostly 7E) fluff.

I'm not up to date with fluff I don't fucking play Warhammer because I'm not a miserable nerd who spends heavy dosh on toy fucking soldiers I only played DoW.

Good bait.

This. 40k has always been the silly satirical setting to me. I also like to view the Dark Eldar society as something that's very similar to Vampire Knight Requiem.

>not liking kooky mummies in space

Dark Eldar > Orks > Imperium > Chaos > Eldar > Tyranids > Tau > Oldcrons > Newcrons

They are pretty shitty, tbqh.

Looks like someone can't handle their decurion :^)

I'm torn when it comes to the Dark Eldar, because on the one hand they are INCREDIBLY retarded and fight each other constantly. On the other, they're also basically self aware trolls, and do things just to fuck with everyone else constantly - which makes them fucking hilarious and necessary in the poe faced universe of 40k.

Coming from the guy who put tyranids and Tau above Crons.

Dark Eldar is 40k taken to its logical conclusion.

I like space monsters.

Honestly if we want to know which is the worst, it's Tau. They don't fit very well. Their this innocent race that hasn't been corrupted by chaos yet.

But the chaos just cornered her in an alleyway. And the imperium is licking his lips waiting for his turn.

They just felt like the obligatory not evil race.

Plus they are weak eggheads who haven't discovered unmanned suits yet...

Like seriously, imagine if your incredible commanders didn't die, and instead were 90 lightyears away sipping tea and laughing. While their suit pulverized an entire space Marine squad.

Tau shouldn't exist.

This desu

You are ranting about a faction meant to be, like, 40k in a nutshell.

Dark Eldar shouldn't, by any reason, be taken too seriously. The fact they are the edgiest, over top, and most frivolous faction it's precisely what gives them charisma.

>Is this the shittiest faction in whole 40k?
Nope. That's the craftworlders, who are massive incompetents also.

I love them because they are over the top. In a galaxy filled with tragic, 'you don't know my pain' figures the Dark Eldar are the one faction that just rolled with the shitty galaxy they live in. It would have been so easy for the writers to turn the Dark Eldar into this 'oh woe is me, I must makes others suffer to live, you can never know my pain' types which 40K is already flooded with.

Lore wise their whole 'psychic vamperism' makes sense. You have to remember the Eldar are all highly attuned to the Warp and they brought Slaanesh into being by bleeding to much pain and pleasure into the Warp. They were absorbing other peoples pain and pleasure way before Slaanesh came into being, it is only now that they do it for survival.

Also of the many factions the De seem to have some of the best written and characterized people in 40K. Look at Vect, born into slavery, he slowly rose up and toppled the old noble houses that pissed on anyone without the right blood and instituted the kabal system. If the DE weren't so utterly crazy that would read more like some heroes rise to power.

Out of al lthe factions De can also be argued as the most successful because they have no grand schemes. While CSM constantly try to burn the Imperium to the ground, the Tau try and force their Greater Good down everyone's throat, the Necrons try and reclaim old territory and the Craft World Eldar constantly yell "WE MEANT TO DO THAT!" as they fail miserably the DE are one of three factions that actually get shit done because they aren't worried about some grand scheme, they just raid and pillage to survive. For the record the other two factions are the Orks and Tyranids, because they also aren't concerned with big convoluted plans and schemes, they just go out and fight.

Keep crying Smurgfag

Having the best minis in the entire range also helps.

Why do people hate newcrons?

It's nice that despite people claiming some of the various factions are the worst, no one calls the single best the worst.

I personally am not a Newcron fan but I thought the Oldcrons were bland. It's like when some write a mysterious character by giving said character little to no features. No substance aside from a Terminator clone.

you must be 18 to post on Veeky Forums kiddo

>Also their armor is made of shit
As a DE player, that is honestly the only thing that ever bothered me about DE. They have canonically the most advanced technology in the entirety of 40k, yet their armor tech is laughably backwards. Their power armor equivalent (incubus war suit) is a relic suit passed down from wearer to wearer. The richest and most protected figures in their entire super-mega-galaxy-spanning-city wear a shitty version of artificer armor that breaks after the first use or they project clones around them (stat equivalent of an iron halo) - and can never use both.

You'd think a city full of super killers outsmarting and murderfucking other hyper intelligent super killers would invest a bit in some personal protection, especially considering their level of technology. On the other hand, considering they can never truly die (all archons are in a deal with a haemonculus to be resurrected) I suppose it doesn't really matter. Dying just teaches you to never make that mistake again.

So I just decided to start a 1500 DE army, I've played nids before and only do casual games against friends, eldar, Orks, IG and Marines

Anyone got any advice on them? What units are a must and which ones are avoid?

>paying $79 per squad is retarded
>go pay $120 per squad instead

>There are more Eldar in the Dark City then there are Craftworld Eldar across the entire galaxy.
That's a bit of an understatement. Here's a former Craftworlder's perspective of it after spending a year or so in it.

It helps that they can bring back the dead dark eldar as long as a piece of them remains, and they constantly clone new dark eldar in huge vat factories. Craftworld eldar are bound to their extremely low fertility rates and are a dying race. Dark eldar are the true inheritors of the ancient eldar empire

They prefer to use shadow fields and light armour, better to get stabbed and resurrected by the Haemunculi than be vaporised by darklight weapon (which being slow and heavy increases the chances of and won't protect you anyway) and never come back.

>they constantly clone new dark eldar in huge vat factories
Those aren't clones. Cloning is serious business in 40k, and not even deldar do it. Something about souls.

No, what you're thinking of is the deldar version of an abortion. If you don't want to, or if it would be unsafe to, carry a child full term, you skip off to a haemonculous and have him extract the embryo. He hooks that up to a vat, matures it at an accelerated rate, and something something happens, then ding! your halfborn deldar is out and ready.

"Something something" is a substitute for what happens when a halfborn is finished growing and before he's established himself in the city. I literally don't know what happens there. Do the haemonculi just throw them on the street and watch them die in a poisoned heroin river? Do they scoot them off towards the nearest kabal/cult? Do hellions swing by and pick up and halfborn freshly thrown out of the lab? I dunno.

>Cloning is serious business in 40k, and not even deldar do it.

Vect does it. Has tons of clones of himself. Only witchsight can reveal that they don't have the same soul.

>Something about souls.

Bullshit by fans.

Wait one damned second, you are totally right. I remember those. Aren't they not true clones though? I thought they were certain deldar who underwent drastic haemonculi surgery and psychosurgery to do the thing.

I need to go reread this. I remember one chapter in the series is from a clone's perspective.

>I thought they were certain deldar who underwent drastic haemonculi surgery and psychosurgery to do the thing.

No, they are straight up clones. The clone considers Vect his daddy.

What book is it? Incubus? Archon?

i like how this has 4 replies but deldar get fucking fucked in the tabletop game by shooting armies

Path of Archon.

I found it. He has only one, called The Geldling. The word "clone" is never used; they call it a doppleganger and that how Vect made it is unknown. While it is functionally a clone, it is certainly not a product of cloning (like kriegsmen are). It's some other technosorcery unique to the deldar.

He practically calls Vect father.

Although, granted, he does imply to Malys that he has more (which denies what the Geldling itself says).

>practically
He DID call him father. See
>Once I called him father. He punished me for it.
The Geldling is a construct that is physically identical to Vect. It seems they are being intentionally vague about the quantity (Malys avenue means they could add more as desired) and its makeup ("an encoded shadow given a form" is hardly descriptive of anything), which means they probably aren't certain of how and where they want to take this thing yet. This is also the first and only source to mention the Geldling, despite multiple meetings with Vect in the series taking place beforehand.

Ultimately though, I don't think it's fair (yet) to call the thing a clone in the connotation that word is usually used, especially in 40k.

Craftworld Eldar are no limited by low fertility rates you moron. They are limited by soulstones, which there are a finite amount available in any given craftworld, and new ones can only be acquired from Croneworlds.

One would figure that the haemonculi take the best individuals for themselves, auction off some, and send the rest on their merry way.

Actually, the warhammer wiki says that Asuryan blessed the Eldar with enhanced psychic power at the cost of their fertility before he was devoured by Slaanesh.

Not him, but if that was ever canon, which I don't recall it ever being, that hasn't been the case for years.

Eldar are a dying race because they can't logically have a kid without a soulstone, and while they do regular soulstone expeditions with Wraithknights, there is a finite number of them and they are always losing more eldar than they are finding new soulstones.

They're different than the oldcrons