Dragonball Quest #81

>>Previous threads

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?searchall=dragonball quest

>>Information

This quest, as the title suggests, takes place in the world of Dragon Ball. You're playing as a nineteen year old man named Tofoo, and will adventure through the story of the Dragonball series alongside characters such as Goku, Yamcha, Bulma, Tien, and many others. Through your actions, you can make significant changes to the story, and perhaps even become the strongest fighter on Earth.

>Rules

At the end of each update you'll have ten minutes to vote on options. Write-ins are allowed, but I do reserve the right to veto them.

In the event of a draw, the option to receive the next vote wins

Rolls will be used on certain occasions, such as attempting a technique for the first time or attempting something extremely difficult. You will have three rolls, and if one succeeds, you succeed. There are no crits.

Rolls are made AFTER an option wins, not during the voting process

I hope everyone has fun.

>Current Saga

Dragonball Hunt

>>youtube.com/watch?v=z4-20yY_jcQ

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11015837
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

"I want Goku to come with us," you tell Bulma.

"Well then, we'll have to track him down," she says. "Along with anyone else you want to bring. I doubt Krillin and Chichi will want to come along, but I'm sure I can convince Oolong."

A smile comes to her face. "It'll be just like the good old days! Back when it was just the four of us looking for the Dragonballs."

Sighing happily, Bulma looks off the side of the Lookout. "Hard to believe that was seven years ago. You were so little back then."

You remember. You were just a little kid all alone in the wilderness. Then you came upon a village Oolong had been terrorizing. That's where you met Goku and Bulma.

The adventures you and your friends have had over the years were, in retrospect, insane. As kids, you stopped a dictator from wishing for world conquest, destroyed the strongest criminal army in the world, and even stopped a demon king.

Most people don't have so many such experiences in their entire lives, yet you're only nineteen, and you've done so much.

"So, can you find Goku?" Bulma asks.

>A. Try sensing for him

>B. Ask Kami if he knows where Goku is

>C. Something else

>>A. Try sensing for him

Now let's murder Kami while his guard is down! He'll never expect it.

>A. Try sensing for him
Faggots don't want to play on hard mode

strawpoll.me/11015837

>A. Try sensing for him

>>A. Try sensing for him

Finding Goku should be no problem. You've trained your energy sensing over the past three years, and Goku's usually isn't hard to find. He just might be the strongest man in the world, so as long as he isn't hiding his energy, you can find him pretty much anywhere.

Closing your eyes, you empty your mind of all distractions. The Lookout, Kami, Popo, and Bulma all fade away. Your entire focus is on finding Goku, and it's only a few seconds before you succeed.

"There he is," you announce as you open your eyes.

"Well, let's get going then!" Bulma says eagerly.

"Be cautious," Kami warns, coming to stand beside Bulma as he addresses you. "You may be more powerful than Piccolo, but the element of surprise could nullify that advantage. And, with men such as Tao on the loose, there is always danger. Do not allow yourself to become careless."

>A. You promise you'll do your best

>B. Carry Bulma and go find Goku

>C. Call your Nimbus and go find Goku

>D. Something else

>>A. You promise you'll do your best
>>B. Carry Bulma and go find Goku

>>A. You promise you'll do your best

>A
and
>B

Should we bring up dating Bulma?

really
this is the time to do that

>B. Carry Bulma and go find Goku

"I'll do my best," you assure Kami. "I promise."

The Guardian nods. "Very well. Best of luck to you, then. I hope to hear good news from you soon."

Giving a confident nod, you approach the edge of the Lookout, glancing over your shoulder at Bulma. "Ready?"

"You bet," she tells you, slowly walking up behind you, and looking more nervous as she glances over the edge of the Lookout.

"Dark Nimbus!" you shout.

Before you ever see the cloud, you turn around and scoop Bulma up into your arms like before, leaping off the side of the Lookout and letting yourself go into a freefall.

Bulma screams in horror as she looks down, seeing how fast you're plummeting toward the ground below. You may be able to survive a fall from that height, but she can't.

Luckily, there's no crash. The Dark Nimbus swoops in and catches you as soon as you fall beneath the clouds.

Bulma stops her screaming, catching her breath as she looks around, taking in the view.

The two of you pass beneath the top of Korin tower, following the massive structure toward the ground, and heading off in the proper direction as soon as you spot the trees.

Bulma seems more calm this time. Maybe it's due to the Nimbus being beneath the two of you, or because now she knows you won't drop her.

In any case, things are a bit more pleasant when she isn't scared out of her mind.

>A. Ask if she thinks you should bother bringing Oolong

>B. Ask if she can think of anyone else you should bring

>C. Ask Bulma if she brought any of her Capsules

>D. Ask Bulma if she wants to go on a date once this is over

>E. Something else

>>A. Ask if she thinks you should bother bringing Oolong

>D. Ask Bulma

"So you know you're one of my very best friends right" *wait for confirmation* "Well I was hoping.....once all this is over we can try being something more?"

>>D. Ask Bulma if she wants to go on a date once this is over

A.
D.
E. "Sorry about before, I was making an important decision all by myself."

Supporting this dialogue

Cringe as hell.

I support it.

So, now that you're alone with me, up in the sky, with nobody around for miles, your life in my hands, and I'm the only thing between you and a very long fall ...

Wanna be my gf?

Lets do this

I laughed but I hate you

That sounds exactly like what a kissless teenager would say because he thinks it's suave and romantic. Supporting for the cringe.

As the two of you continue the flight, Bulma in your arms as you direct the Dark Nimbus, you remember what you told Krillin back at the tournament.

You'd said that, once it was over, you'd man up and talk to Bulma about how you feel.

Well, the tournament is over, though not in the way that you'd hoped. And you're alone with Bulma, so there's no worry about Goku doing something stupid, or Master Roshi or Oolong saying something to ruin it if you try to talk to her.

This is something you've been putting off for too long. It's time to man-up like you promised Krillin.

"Bulma, you know you're one of my best friends, right?" you ask the woman in your arms.

Having been taking in the sights below, Bulma turns her attention back to you, one brow raised questioningly.

"Yeah," she confirms. "Why?"

You gulp, finding your heart rate increasing. Somehow, this is more frightening than most of the battles you've been in.

Bulma continues to give you a confused, vaguely-concerned look as you fidget and try to calm yourself enough not to stutter like a fool.

"Well, I was hoping that, when this is all over, we could try being more than friends," you tell her.

She looks at you as if you said something really stupid and cringey for a second, but her expression changes after she overcomes her initial reaction and realizes what you're asking her.

For someone who's usually so confident (to the point where it often becomes annoying arrogance), she looks surprisingly well, surprised, and even a bit nervous.

But, that doesn't last long, and a smile works its way onto her face. "Alright, Tofoo. We can go out when this is over."

She winks playfully. "But I'm only promising one date. You'll have to impress me if you want more than that."

>A.Deal

>B. You're sure you'll come across somewhere nice on the search

>C. You're flying on a cloud and carrying her across the planet. Isn't that impressive?

>D. Something else

>>C. You're flying on a cloud and carrying her across the planet. Isn't that impressive?

>C. You're flying on a cloud and carrying her across the planet. Isn't that impressive?
>B. You're sure you'll come across somewhere nice on the search

>>B. You're sure you'll come across somewhere nice on the search
>>C. You're flying on a cloud and carrying her across the planet. Isn't that impressive?

clear joking tone

>D. Something else
Bitch how about YOU impress ME? I beat King Piccolo and can bench press a Buick. I fought pirates as a middle schooler. I literally just introduced you to the god of our planet who offered me his job.

B.
C.

"I'm flying on a cloud and carrying you across the planet," you point out. "Isn't that impressive?"

Bulma smirks up at you. "Please, Goku could do that when he was twelve. You're gonna have to do better than that, Tofoo."

"Well, I'm sure we'll find some place nice during our search," you tell her.

It isn't long after that that you find Goku; or, rather, he finds you.

His energy signature was stationary for much of the trip, but as you and Bulma got closer, he started heading to meet you. The two of you finally reach each other over South City.

He still doesn't look very happy, but there's a lot less anger in his voice when he finally speaks to you.

"Tofoo," he greets. "Did Kami tell you where to find Piccolo?"

>A. You're going to use the Dragonballs to get to Piccolo

>B. No, but he did offer you his job

>C. Ask him to come find the Dragonballs with you and Bulma

>D. Something else

>>A. You're going to use the Dragonballs to get to Piccolo

I feel like B would lead to an awkward conversation.

>D. Something else
Yo, you think Tien or Krillin might wanna come with?

>>A. You're going to use the Dragonballs to get to Piccolo
>D. APOLOGIZE

Tofoo did nothing woring

>A. You're going to sue the Dragonalls to get to Piccolo.
>C. Ask him to come find the Dragonballs with you and Bulma.

D. 'Want to talk a bit about what happened at the tournament before we go?'

Maybe not, but we still pissed off our best friend and fucked up something important to him. We should at least apologize for that, if not our reasoning.

Although this is the case, Goku doesn't agree, and he won't notice us being insincere, so the apology will increase friendship.

That said, Goku facetanking Krillin's Kamehameha++, and then Piccolo powering up some attack while he yells about killing everyone in the audience?
Yeah, no. Tofoo's gonna step in.

That's true, but emotions don't work that way.

Goku will get over it. We'll be fine.

Maybe we can sit back and let Goku do his thing when we find Piccolo. There's no crowd to threaten this time.

Apologizing when we believe we did the right thing is just being dishonest.

Those are two different situations, desu.
Krillin didn't scream that he wanted to kill people, and Piccolo isn't a long trusted friend of Goku.

That being said, I still think it was In-Character and reasonable. Just not as people say 'the right and only solution'.

"The plan is to use the Dragonballs to get to Piccolo," you answer. "Want to come with Bulma and me to find them?"

The suggestion seems to cheer your friend up a bit, and you see a smile appear on his face. Good thing, too; you don't like it much when he's frowning all the time.

"Okay! Do you have the Dragon Radar?" he asks, sounding excited for this little trip.

"I left mine back at Capsule Corp," Bulma answers. "We can swing by, and I'll grab my capsules while we're there."

>A. Ask if they think anyone else should come

>B. You should try to get in contact with Yamcha and the others; let them know they can come out of hiding

>C. Something else

>>A. Ask if they think anyone else should come

This
What we did was incredibly reasonable but we also didn't trust goku enough. In a way it's both our faults that piccolo escaped

>B. You should try to get in contact with Yamcha and the others; let them know they can come out of hiding

We should stick together until Piccolo is found. The others are in danger until he's dealt with.

So, what's on our to-do list?
Attend Krillin's wedding
Set Goku up with one of the random redheads
Make sure Tao and Shen aren't murdering random civilians
See where Tao got his upgrade from, nigga was fucking rekt just a few years ago but now he swole as fuck
Go on that date with Bulma
See if we can work things out with Goku (chances are if we just have a fight with him he'll cheer up, he's like that)

What's our plan for when we meet Piccolo?

Kick his ass so hard he can't move and imprison him? That'll work, bring someone who knows the Mafuba. Also bring a container.

Go for it
Good luck
They don't go killing just for the lulz
Good luck
Good luck
Goku's not one to hold a grudge

>C.
"I know you're still upset over the interruption. I acted on instinct, I didn't want anyone getting hurt. Friends, bystanders, Piccolo would have killed them all if he had the chance, and I didn't want to risk it. I'm not going to take back what I did, but I should have trusted you more on stopping it. Piccolo got away because of that. For that, I'm sorry. Now let's fix this mess, Goku."

"Do you guys think we should bring anybody else?" you ask.

"What about Krillin?" Goku suggests.

"He just got engaged," Bulma tells him. "I doubt Chichi will want him running off on another adventure. I doubt Tenshinhan, Chaozu, or Piccolo will want to come either."

"What about Launch?" Goku asks.

"Our adventures are crazy enough, we don't need to add more crazy," Bulma tells him.

"Well, what about Oolong?" he asks.

>A. You don't think he'll want to go

>B. Sounds good

>C. Head for Capsule Corp

>D. Something else

>Set Goku up with one of the random redheads
Let's make sure he ends up with bestgirl.

>>A. You don't think he'll want to go
>C. Head for Capsule Corp

>A.
>C.
And this

>Girl from poor village

>Not the rich princess

Only one of these women can feed him, user

>or Piccolo will want to come either."
>B.

SHE CAN SEE THE FUTURE

SOM, Goku's appetite isn't THAT uncontrollable. It's not like he's caused any mass extinctions that we know of. He'll be fine, if she lets him do some hunting.

I meant Yamcha. How did I scew that one up?

>that we know of
Tell that to the Yumyum fish.

Well, we need to bring someone who knows the Mafuba.

At the moment, that'd be Master Roshi, right?

Or ask Kami if he knows the Mafuba.

((OOC: yes I know it's gonna get fucking reflected. But Tofoo has a reflecting move of his own, for Mafuba tennis))

Well one of those girls is going to be more than willing to leave their home in order to live with Goku in the forest.

"I don't think he'll want to go," you tell Bulma. "The three of us should be plenty."

"Alright then, let's go to West City," Bulma responds, pointing in the direction of her home city.

"Race you!" Goku shouts, flying off toward the city as fast as he can.

The Dark Nimbus races him across the land, the two of you keeping pace with one another as you make the journey.

Finally, West City comes into sight, and you bring the cloud in for a landing, hopping off and setting Bulma down.

"I'll be right out," she tells you and Goku. "You can come in if you want."

>A. Go inside

>B. Wait outside

>>B. Wait outside

>A. Go inside
We haven't seen the Briefs in awhile

>B. Wait outside

We could use the time to explain our reasoning about stepping in to Goku.

>A. Go inside

A. Go inside
And we should take Oolong with us, it would be just like the old times!

Whoo Som is back, I hate missing the start of threads

>A. Go inside

If we don't she'll get ganked by Tao.

Or Gero.

oh christ, if what would happen what i think would happen would probably cause us to go full rage mode and hunt his old ass down.

It's been years since you last paid a visit to the Capsule Corporation, and seeing the Briefs again sounds quite nice.

The three of you step inside. Capsule Corp doesn't seem to have changed too much since the last time you've seen it. There are still robots manning the desks and cleaning the floors. You do, however, notice a few extra security cameras, and that several of the machines seem to have been upgraded.

"Welcome home, Miss Bulma," a robot greets as the heiress makes her way toward the living area of the building. "Your father is in-"

"The garden, right?" Bulma asks.

"Yes, ma'am," the machine confirms. "If you'd like, I can let him know that you're here."

"Nah, that's okay," Bulma tells it. "Just let him know that I'm going with Tofoo and Goku to find the Dragonballs."

"Yes, Miss Bulma," the machine tells her.

Bulma disappears from view, and you decide to head for the garden.

It seems Briefs has installed that advanced stereo system he'd talked about, along with the feeding machines. Animals of all shapes and sizes, from mice to dinosaurs, rush through the grass, climb in the trees, or soar overhead. All the while, music plays over the stereos.

You wonder if that gets annoying to the animals after a while.

"Tofoo, my boy, is that you?" Doctor Briefs asks, walking toward you with a hand full of birdseed.

His cat sits perched on his shoulder, and meows in greeting to you and Goku.

"And who is this young man?" the old scientist asks, referring to your friend. "That hair looks just like Goku's."

"Well, I am Goku," your friend tells him.

"Really?" Briefs asks. "My, you've grown."

>A. Ask how he's been

>B. Ask how Mrs. Briefs is

>C. Ask what he's been working on

>D. Something else

>>A. Ask how he's been
>>B. Ask how Mrs. Briefs is
>>C. Ask what he's been working on
>>D. Something else
>>E.
>>F.
>>G.

>A. Ask how he's been
>C. Ask what he's been working on

>A.
>C.

"How have you been?" you ask the old Doctor. "What have you been working on?"

"Oh, I've been wonderful," Briefs answers. "I've not my new stereo speakers installed, and designed several new state-of-the-art vehicles. I've also managed to outfit all Capsule Corp airships with cappuccino machines. It's been a very productive few years."

"How's Mrs. Briefs?" you ask.

"Oh, she's fine," the doctor tells you. "I believe she's baking cookies at the moment."

Your stomach growls. Mrs. Briefs makes some of the most incredible cookies you've ever tasted. During the year you spent living at Capsule Corp, you ate dozens of those delicious treats every week.

"Cookies?" Goku asks excitedly. "Sounds great, I'm starving!"

"Well, if you don't feel like waiting for too long, I could have some of the machines bring us some ice cream," Briefs suggests. "We have every flavor, and a new one they just invented. What was it called? Blurpleberry? I think that was it."

>A. Sounds great

>B. Sorry, but you can't, you're going with Bulma to find the Dragonballs

>C. Something else

"Wouldn't mind taking some cookies for the road thought."

>>A. Sounds great
Tofoo demands a feast

>A. Sounds great
Always time for the Fifth Flavor

Later though, that sounds delicious!

B.

"Sorry, but we can't stick around," you tell the doctor. "We're going with Bulma to find the Dragonballs."

Goku looks crestfallen, whining at your answer. "Aww, come on, Tofoo."

"Later, though," you promise both of them. "That sounds delicious."

"Well, alright then," Doctor Briefs says. "Suit yourselves, boys. And have fun on your trip. Keep an eye on Bulma; she can be trouble."

"I get it from my father," the girl in question comments as she steps into the gardens, Dragon Radar in hand. "You boys ready to go? It's not far to the first ball."

>A. Yeah, you're ready

>B. Ask where the first ball is

>C. Something else

>>A. Yeah, you're ready
>>B. Ask where the first ball is

>A. Yeah, you're ready

"Yeah, we're ready," you tell her. "Where's the first ball?"

"Right outside West City, actually," Bulma answers, staring down at her radar. "Should only take about two minutes to reach by Nimbus."

"Great, then let's go!" Goku says excitedly, rushing right past Bulma and heading out the door.

Waving goodbye to the doctor, you and Bulma follow Goku, finding him waiting atop his Nimbus cloud, ready to go and growing impatient.

"Come on, guys!" he says loudly. "Let's go!"

"Relax, Goku, we have plenty of time," Bulma tells him.

"Dark Nimbus!" you shout.

The cloud is there in seconds, and you pick Bulma up before hopping aboard, sailing off into the sky alongside Goku.

You can see smoke rising in the distance as you make your way toward the Dragonball. Looks like trouble already.

"So, the ball should be in the woods just outside of West City," Bulma tells you, staring at the radar.

The clouds leave the city limits, and you fly high above the trees, looking toward the source of the smoke. Bulma predictably tells you that the ball is supposed to be in that direction, so you and Goku pilot your clouds toward it.

Unfortunately, the smoke it too thick to see through, and jumping down into it would not be good for your health.

>A. Use your energy to blow the smoke away (30)

>B. Ask Bulma if she's sure the ball is down there

>C. Hold your breath and jump down

>D. Wait for the smoke to die down

>E. Something else

A.
E. Try to sense energy inside the smoke.

>>A. Use your energy to blow the smoke away (30)