Pathfinder General /pfg/: Dragon Edition

Pathfinder General /pfg/: Dragon Edition

DSP's book for playing true dragons is out! Why aren't you making a dragon who turns into a cute dragon girl? Would you waifu/husbando a true dragon like the silver in Gareth's game? Get it here!
dreamscarred.com/product/monster-classes-true-dragon/
Or I guess you can wait for 2hu to pirate it.

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/iYhDNSTq

Please search for the unerrata'd content here:
web.archive.org/web/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Horror Adventures: imgur.com/a/r2TOH
imgur.com/a/odYOE

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

dropbox.com/s/iiljjgt7j6cvb7d/DRP2230_MonsterClassesSubscription.zip?dl=0
d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/s/sands-of-time
d20pfsrd.com/mythic/mythic-magic/augmented-spells#TOC-Sands-of-Time
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>lets start the thread out with pedophilia edition!
god fucking dammit...

Someone buy it and tell me if there's a Cute Dragongirl feat like the Goo Girl feat they printed last April.

Those are fairly large breasts for pedophilia, user. That ain't a loli, it's just an asian.

You should all really go outside once in a while.

What if VMCs came online at 2, 4, 6 etc

Has anyone used them?
And how would you make them less shit?

You are not fooling anyone degenerate.

From last thread: playing a campaign with a bunch of newbies, wanting something dumb and fun to play without minmaxing and ruining their first time.

Party is shaping up to be

>Rogue
>Druid
>Bloodrager
>Cleric
>(me)

You are blind and also crazy.

If you go outside, the dragon girl qt3.14s will eat you!

Play a summoner and don't minmax, you'll still do well. That party could use an arcane spellcaster.

Lore shaman

Because the last time cute girls and dragons were in the same game as me my character wound up suffering a humiliating public rape at the claws of a dragon after she failed to drive off the Evil Kingdom's forces.

Arcane caster or Bard.

Yes, sort of.

Has anybody used any of those space dragons in a game?

>Could we get more detail on the medium archetypes please

Going from memory, one of them is Charisma or Wisdom based, your choice. It works like Spirit Dancer, but with no location restrictions, and I think it snags the Animist's signature ability. I didn't get a chance to read over the other one.

Rivethun Spirit Channeler. The main thing I missed was one fewer spell known of each level.

The Uda Wendo is the other Medium archetype. Some class skill changes, and channeling a spirit either costs you a point of burn (like a Kineticist) or 50gp/level each time, and it gains two points of influence. You get a 1st level domain ability, though. If anybody who doesn't practice juju sees you contacting the spirit, bam, -2 on all d20 rolls for both of you permanently. (Oh, and you don't contact the spirit.) Cha to knowledge checks, and some alternate SLAs in place of the haunt stuff.

>Steelbound Fighter

Its designed around replacing weapon training with a mandatory set of "advanced weapon training" options that give you cool spell-like powers. Alchemaic isn't describing its full abilities—for instance, your 1/day 3rd level spell eventually becomes 3/day, and you get to pick a second 3rd-level spell that becomes 1/day.

Explain further.

So tranny mediums suck and wendos don't get any juju abilities?

Pretty much it. My DM is a deviant (we all are) and I think he recently watched Kuroinu. In the third ep the loli halfling Ruu-Ruu gets raped by an ogre, minotaur, and cyclops in front of everyone in the town.

Can you choose a favored class not being your starting class?

>It works like Spirit Dancer, but with no location restrictions
Devs removed the restrictions, they are just "recommendations" now

I wish this wasn't such a bad OP post, but what can you do?

Don't see why not. It's a bit daft but it makes sense if you're multiclassing with barbarian or something

Mind posting the campaign traits?

There's a some errors Gareth:
page 3: Table says d10 damage for breath weapons, but the text says d8
page 10: Gold Dragons get water breathing?
page 11: The change shape ability for gold and silvers are listed as "once per."

And that's just through a quick skim, I'll reread it and do a better search.

Those are in the free players guide.

Danke, passing along to the Great And Terrible Layout.

I can, but I'll do it after I'm done posting more pages.

How do I make a punchghost eidolon?

There's ALWAYS errors. Monster classes are shit.

So who wants more great old ones?

How would you play a Chaotic Good cleric of Yog-Sothoth, /pfg/?

>now_listen_here_you_little_shit.gremlin

user, there are errors in literally everything that has ever been printed, and will be printed. There is nothing perfect, and if nobody gives feedback, then nothing is ever made good.

Almost nothing starts out good. It starts out shit, and it gets refined. So instead of bitching, why don't you give actual feedback?

Who likes swarms? Nobody, that's who. Here's 3.

This guy looks pretty high.

THanks user.

Cults of Yog-Sothoth you say? Why there's a section for that.

Huh, never actually heard of Chaugnar Faugn

Most of this is directly lifted from the similar article in Carrion Crown

Ever wanted to learn more about Mhar? No? Too bad, he's right there next to Ithaqua and ...whatever that other stuff is.

Nyaruko stuff, though not much.

And Yog-sothoth finally shows up at the end.

We already have Lamasthu, did we need shub-niggerniggers too?

Also this page I forgot about

I love Azatoth's holy symbol.

Now for a few opening pages from the actual adventure. Not the whole thing, just a few teasers for how you begin the adventure.

Check out that guy with the sweet clothes.

Also, as a note the "Tatterman" is an NPC monster from this book, not an actual bestiary entry.

Mind posting the campaign outline that should be near the end?

And at the end of the dream sequence you probably die and wake up with XP!

Here is the latest compilation of Dreamscarred Press's monster classes, now including the true dragon:

dropbox.com/s/iiljjgt7j6cvb7d/DRP2230_MonsterClassesSubscription.zip?dl=0

The true dragon seems like a weak tier 3/high tier 4 despite its incredible chassis (d12 HD, full BAB, all good saving throws, 6 base skill points). Its class features are anemic, its spellcasting is meager (5th-level sorcerer casting by 20th-level), its breath weapon is pathetic (10d10 damage by 20th-level), and while it receives +1 natural armor per class level, it has no tanking abilities to make good use of that.

A dragon either starts at Tiny with a 30 foot land speed and becomes Small at 6th-level, or starts at Small with a 20 foot land speed and turns Medium at 6th-level. Seeing how a dragon receives a true fly speed at 5th-level, a dragon may as well start at Small and obviate the slow speed by 5th-level.

Yes, there is, in fact a "dragon girl" feat:

>Half-Dragon Form (Heritage)
>You have more control over your shapeshifting.
>Prerequisites: Humanoid Form feat.
>Benefit: When you use your Humanoid Form feat to change shape, you can choose to retain your breath weapon, natural armor bonus to your AC, natural weapons (though you can only retain the ones appropriate to your new size), and wings. These function as normal, adjusted for your current size.

Chaungnar is the type of GOO I absolutely love, he plays off humanity's fear of the untamed plains, he's basically the fear you get on a lonely, desolate hill.

>If anybody who doesn't practice juju sees you contacting the spirit, bam, -2 on all d20 rolls for both of you permanently.
What? how? Why? WHY?

Gimme a minute

So now campaign traits as requested.

I'm greatly appreciative of these leaks, Leakanon.
I'd like to see more. As much as possible, really.

>open the last thread
>someone reposted a poorly formatted homebrew I slapped together and immediately forgot about

Huh, neat.

>The wording is pretty dense, though, and comes across kinda like it's a removed class feature, or half an archetype, not a feat, at about the second paragraph.
>Also, the Special section needs to specify that you can take the feat multiple times.

I think I slapped it together in the middle of the night and never reformatted it. I tend to get unnecessarily wordy and longwinded when I'm tired. The foxfire bit should probably be a standalone feat as well. I think I was debating putting it on an archetype for kicks, but all the shitposting about kitsune was really offputting. Especially since the archetype in question would have been for the vigilante.

>I'm also pretty sure he was also sticking his thumb into the Drow Noble pie with the At-Will parts.
That was partly what made me want to do that, actually. Unfucking racial feats in general is something I want to try brewing, especially tengu. Tengu need to get their shit fixed, those 1/day feats are bogus when their fellow weeb race gets easier to access at-will stuff.

How would you roleplay a ditzy idiot CG cleric of Azathoth?

God damn it DSP you bunch of weebs

And the other half

Is there any way to age a character?

>Bokrug

DESU, dragons shapeshifting into people is a time-honored tradition.

And finally the campaign outline as requested by (note that it contains spoilers for the following books)

If the cleaner doesn't return from the black void between the stars where things best left unknown dwell then I'll post the entire AP, I just want to try and keep people from being majorly spoiled by it if their DM wants to run it or something similar.

This is not new to d20. A similar feat for half-dragon form was presented in D&D 3.5's Dragons of Eberron supplement.

Awesome, I'd appreciate it.

You couldn't have waited a whole day?

Temporary? Sands of Time d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/s/sands-of-time
Permanently? Mythic Sands of Time d20pfsrd.com/mythic/mythic-magic/augmented-spells#TOC-Sands-of-Time

>traveling to Earth in an AP yet again, this time to the Eiffel Tower

How will they muck this up?

Does it work to age a dragon?

But did they shapeshift into cute dragonboys/girls?

Would you adopt a cute dragonboy?

What happens if you cast Sands of Time on a Venerable creature? Do they just die? Could you not just cast it several times until they aged to death?

It should, but I imagine it wouldn't gain any of the bonuses.

PF noob here looking to play a gunslinger, anything you guys can tell me?

It looks like gunslingers aren't a very good class at first glance.

Judging by the chain linking her choker to his armband I'd say this is a pet not an adopted child.

The spell does what it says it does, "death via old age" isn't an age category.

your first glance is a correct one.
HOWEVER. how much 3rd party materials access do you have?

>James Jacobs

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

At least Pathfinder didn't have their OC god donut steel eat the fucking dreamlands

Gunslingers are one of the worst classes if not THE worst since guns suck hard.

If you want to play a gunslinger you should try the bolt ace archetype.

So... you get to be a dragon, but age categories don't actually do anything for you.

>Red Dragons are among the strongest!

>By the way, White Dragons, the weakest one, actually get better stat modifiers and abilities. Oh, also, our breath weapon is awful because it's Fire and everything is immune to it.

They're one of, if not the, worst class in the game. They're only worth as a dip for something else, but there are better dips (barbarian and fighter archetypes iirc)

Well, red dragons have better Strength scores and get bigger, so they can lift more.

>guns suck hard
I'm sorry, is touch AC too difficult to hit for your gunslinger?

People discovered some weird Paladin build that lets you pump people full of Jesus Bullets for ridiculous damage while still being useful out of combat, try searching for that.

>implying hitting is the problem
they're just vastly more expensive crossbows that like to explode.

Well, frankly unless you're using advanced firearms it's not much of a melee weapon if its only advantage over the bow only applies when you're standing in even a slow creature's charging range.

I mean, sure, they get a +2 Str, the worst stat in the game behind Cha. Meanwhile, White is rocking +2 Dex/Wis.

Ah fuck off Bulmahn.

True Devotion is so fucking good. Holy fuck caster favoritism.

oh shush you brexit-level misinformation machine.

All complaints regarding the viability and capabilities of firearms and gunslingers INCLUDE the ability to target touch AC. It's not and has never been some magical special effect every single person testing and building with those forgets. We're complaining about mechanics, not trying to pretend our wizard has just the 4 spells per day in order to have the psion banned from the table.

Targeting Touch-AC and it STILL falls behind just any fucking class picking up a longbow adapted to their strength

Guns by themselves aren't too bad, as the gundolon (eidolon with sixteen arms and as many guns) can rapidly show. It's the gunslinger in itself the problem.

How would you fix the Gunslinger, user?

White dragons are one of the dragon types that start at Tiny, which is a devastating handicap.

I have no idea why the type-specific dragon abilities come at seemingly random levels. There is neither rhyme or reason to their progression.

>brexit
>bad
Fuck off, Mohammed.

>brexit-level misinformation machine

Alright I finished fully reading it, here's what I found. I included the previous things for completions sake.

page 3: Table says d10 damage for breath weapons, but the text says d8
page 3: Natural weapon-->Bite "(already included in the size increases below)" The table is actually above it.
page 5: "Frightful Presence (Ex)" Isn't bolded
page 7: There's a big white space, is it missing a picture?
Page 7: Why are White Dragons are the only ones with a standard +2/+2/-2 stats?
Page 10: The last line of the Copper Dragons SLA table still has it's border
page 10: Gold Dragons get water breathing?
page 11: The change shape ability for gold and silvers are listed as "once per."
All entries: Saying that the specific dragon types are "are immune to paralysis and sleep effects" is redundant, as all things with the [Dragon] type are.

>mentioning brexit
u dun it nao arry porrer

How can you justify posting this shit less than three hours after Gareth announced it?

How's your economy doing, Nigel?