Age of Sigmar General

>resources
pastebin.com/6y3WjKs6

>General's Handbook is up
Who can convert it in pdf with hyperlink function?
Rough version is up, still waiting that kat uploader version.
mega.nz/#!DxJhhQRa!ObBJiQp43LJK2gC22ioeyXsMNU1_BjwyAR-sjeAoHJg

>OP image album
imgur.com/gallery/12eeL

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

physicscentral.com/explore/action/negative-temperature.cfm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Hey user, you up for a game at 1k points? Want to play against my list?

Order Allegiance, 1,020 points:
100: Grimm Burloksson
180: Grudge Thrower
180: Grudge Thrower
360: Quarrelers x30
100: Freeguild Crossbowmen x10
100: Freeguild Crossbowmen x10

Hmmm? What's that? You want a 2k point game instead? Sure, I have a list for that too!

Beastclaw Raiders Allegiance, 2,000 points:
460: Frostlord on Stonehorn
460: Frostlord on Stonehorn
360: Stonehorn Beastriders

So how about it? Just a friendly game, eh?

Nope, afraid I don't feel like playing either of those lists, sorry mate. But best of luck for the rest of the evening, whoever you play, I know we're all here to have a good time.

Could you use a trip please?

>first one is over by 20 points

Subtle

Anyway I'll play against 5 stonehorns any day of the week. They just don't hit hard enough once engaged for me to really truly care once I commit equal points to the fight.
On unrelated news: has anyone ever actually run a devestation brotherhood?

Honestly your the problem with this hobby. I can't believe points brought you stupid cunts back.

What?

Is the Forest Folk Battalion worth using? I've been told Branchwraiths aren't that good.

Branch wraiths alone aren't amazing but they get Sylvaneth spells with allegiance and can be quite useful then. In a vacuum they're not great but in battalion/faction they're fine

You alienate and push away people. Who gives a fuck if uou don't like his list. The whole "sure play your list, but you'll never play against me" mightier then thou, attitude is the worst scum in the hobby. Your shitty flavourful list isn't any better.

Alright. I like the angry tree aspect of Sylvaneth and had an idea for a campaign warband focussing on a Branchwraith and Branchwych.

I look at dis and i am like

wat

srsly, you didn't realize that the only ppl that wanted points were the WAAC faggots?

i only play no points games, I'm sorry that you're a gigantic faggot.

Yeah branchwychs have a better unique spell for matched play but if you aren't playing matched, the branch wraith is actually quite good if you have the dryads for it

If this somehow isn't just weak shitposting i guarantee this dude plays Taudar as well.

So is this the new 'He's going to piss on us' meme?

Brothers?

>first one is over by 20 points

The General's Handbook lets you go over by, like, 40 points.

Besides, drop the crossbowmen in for an 80 point unit and that's 1,000 points exactly.

I actually have less than I thought. The ones I thought I had together got pulverized over the years and refuse to stay glued together, though that was maybe 12 of them. I have another 10 on sprues still, and I plan on getting at least one starter box, which seems like a pretty good deal.

I also have pic related, which were my conveyed treekin back in the day. Yes, the lighting in my apartment is shit.

>40 clan rats
>5 decimators
>60 attacks
>guy takes a battleshock test of 26+2+D6

Pick your crown target carefully

>Mounted Yeoman vs. Ellyrian Reavers
>Mounted Yeoman have 2" extra range with their bow
>Their spears have double the range.
>They benefit from Standard Bearers and Trumpeteers.
>They get +1 save on the charge.
>They get +1 Hit next to a Paladin.

Where were you when Elves got beaten at their own game by upjumped peasants?

>Running away from the big scary enemy while firing off your poncy elf bow
>When you can unleash a volley of arrows before crashing into the enemy lines with your lance.

Didn't mounted yeomen go OOP years ago?

And yet they made them fantastic dual-purpose cavalry as a reward to the Bretonnia players.

Thank you GW.

Like Paladins on foot being one of the best cheap melee beat sticks in order even though you can't buy their official model?

Yep just like that

Makes sense to me. I thought Viletide may actually do something, and would be a better spell than the shitty one Great-Bray Shaman gets.

Also, what formation you be talking about?

Reading through the General's Handbook, I noticed that the campaign rules don't include everyone. It's just Chaos, Iron jaws, Stormcast, Fyerslayers, Skaven, Sylvaneth, and Death. What about the rest? Specifically, I have a friends interested in High Elves and not-slayer Dwarves.

Yeah they're missing, until the GH Path to Glory was Chaos only. They might release rules for them but you could probably just make up your own for high elves since it's pretty formulaic.

Well, that's shitty. Then again, I guess elves haven't really had a book yet. High Elves also seem to be all over the fucking place, faction wise.

It does start some interesting discussion at least. Last thread he posted his hand gunner lost and it ended with like, 3 different lists that would beat it, along with other methods that didn't involve a tailor made list.

High elves essentially don't exist as a cohesive society anymore. It'd be hard to do "Path to Glory: Phoenix Temple Order Draconis Swifthawk Agents Lion Rangers Eldritch Council"

Know what I mean?

I think once the actual new aelf factions come out there will be rules for those, as there's clearly going to be Realm of Light aelves and Realm of Shadow aelves

I suppose that makes sense. Then there's Wanderers, too, even though they don't have a realm, or something.

Exactly.

Bretonnia is the strongest it's ever been, funny enough around the same time it gets discontinued.

Thankfully Fireforge Games has some decent substitutes in plastic sprues.

continuing my work on the great stink horde...these will complete my 1st 20

WHFB moving away from the down to earth look they picked up in the late 90's was a mistake.

Explain why my dudes can't just shoot the damn ogre (sorry, "ogor") riding on top of the Stonehorn?

Explain why my dudes can't just shoot your guys brains out through their eyes.

You gotta understand, it's cold.

And?

Can't aim properly, your hands are cold.

Baby, it's cold out side.

So when my flying dudes shoot down or swoop down at the Stonehorn, they're compelled to aim for the solid wall and not the squishier rider on top?

Too cold for flight, they fight from the ground. Can't reach the rider.

>Implying you could keep aloft with the anti-thermals generated by the coldness.

Hush now, it's almost ogor.

And if this battle is all taking place in Aqshy, the Realm of Fire?

2cold4u

Still too cold, Beastclaw raiders are so cold they put out volcanoes just by travelling under them through tunnels. Our winter is so strong the realm of fire can't stop it. Our winter is so strong that we can't even mess with it or we get frozen. I don't see how any reptile or feathered bird thing is going to last in those conditions.

Frightful weather beats delightful fire 100% of the time.

But isn't the logical conclusion of OP all-Stonehorn lists like a couple of powergamers doing all-Stonehorn vs. all-Stonehorn fights?

Wouldn't the cold wrap right back around to hot?

Nope, cold goes all the way to infinity, maybe even further but science can't test that yet.

No, there would be only cold. All the Stonehorns would freeze due to two winters combining causing a super winter that isn't moving since it has no tribe to follow. The realm would freeze over in short order.

Wrong way you dingus. Cold has a set, verifiable limit (the complete absence of energy. AKA large swathes of space and OPs moms heart), where as hot keeps going higher and higher, but after a while physics starts breaking so who knows how hot things can actually get.

>Wrong way you dingus. Cold has a set, verifiable limit

Well well well, look at Dr Coldology here thinking he's cold shit.
I have a first class masters degree in antithermodynamics from the university of zimbabwe and can guarantee that cold is at least infinite.

physicscentral.com/explore/action/negative-temperature.cfm

>Local THAT GUY plays Seraphon.

Seriously the cheesiest WAAC loser I've ever met. 2000 point list is

20x Saurus guard
20x Saurus guard
20x Saurus guard
Eternity Warden
Engine of the gods
Dread Saurian
Eternity Starhost.

Yeah 2+ save unaffected by rend, 3 attacks at 3+, 3+, rend 1, damage d3 per guy with bravery 12. OH, and they're battle line units. Yeah that's fair and balanced.

>Eternity Warden

Snipe down this guy 1st, he have no shield.

>Engine of the gods
2nd target

>20x Saurus guard
Never charge them.

>Dread Saurian
I have no idea, FW stuff always OP and under cost.

5 models in 2k game? You know pitched battle in AoS is all about holding objective, right?

1k duardins? Make new terrain that block LoS, it is easy with foam board.

You're right, I didn't think about killing the eternity warden. I play Khorne bloodbound though so my shooting isn't very good. Also he always seems to just sit on the objective with that horde of Saurus guard. Is there anything I can do beat that? I have the starter set half, with a couple extra boxes of blood reavers and blood warriors.

>Make new terrain that block LoS

>Lobbed Shot: A Grudge Thrower can hurl Grudge Rocks at units that are not visible to it.

>You know pitched battle in AoS is all about holding objective, right?

You can also murder everyone.

I've fought one.

They're pretty bonkers when mixed with the hero band formation.

>Grudge Thrower
2*5 shot can't wipe 1k army, pitched battle is all about holding objective.

>murder everyone
No, you can't. Stonehorn is fast and stong, but not invincible.

Sure I'll play your second list with this list...

Clan Skryre Battalion - 200

Arch-Warlock - 140

-Gautfyre Scorch Engine Coven-

-Warlock Engineer - 100
-Stormfiends x3 - Warpfire Projectors - 300
-Warp Grinder Weapon Team - 100
-Warpfire Thrower Weapon Team - 60

-Gautfyre Scorch Engine Coven-

-Warlock Engineer - 100
-Warp Grinder Weapon Team - 100

So that's a potential...

-9x2d3 mortal wounds from Stormfiends
-6xd6 mortal wounds from the Warpfire Throwers
-d3 mortal wounds from one of the engineers spells

I could potentially erase half your list if not more in the first turn from mortal wounds alone. Then charge you and club you to death with the Stormfiends since they'd be 4 inches away (hard to fail a charge) and stick my grinder up your ass.

>2*5 shot can't wipe 1k army
It can make it seriously hard to hold that objective.

See that's kind of the issue though, It's not like he's really lost any resources by deleting half the units you have on an objective. There are still dwarves you have to deal with afterwards it's not just the grudge thrower.

>Stonehorns run and charge you from across the board

Silly billy.

They all start in reserve and pop up 4 inches behind you first turn. And since that all counts as one drop I'll have guaranteed first turn.

:)

Guys, rumors on what the next release is? Steamhead duardin right?

Oh and I'll be taking the Cunning Deciever command trait so all your guys will have a -1 to hit rolls in the first combat phase.

Yeah, supposedly very steampunk with jetpacks and shit.

>tfw too poor to know what Clan Skryre WS Battalion does

What does it do?

>hard to hold that objective
>deleting half the units you have on an objective

You don't have to, "The objective remains under the player control until the enemy is able to gain control...", 3/6 battleplan have those line.

Stonehorn ain't invincible.

I'm pretty sure Waystone Wanderers delete Stonehorns.

Because he's faster than he looks.

>Waystone Wanderers delete
And many others too. Seriously, stonehorn have hard time fighting 40 skellies(with IP ofcos).

I love my Tree People, but i always get aflicted by Greener Grass Syndrome.
Any thought on up coming armies?

Tree people are amazingly good against most normal armies. What are you Greener Grassing?

Birbman begins.

I think i would love the idea of a Death army, especially since Veeky Forums has made me headcanon Nagash as Skeletor
That and Arkhan the Black has an amazing hat

From what I hear from my friend who plays death, they're not in a good spot unless you play flesh eaters or tomb kings.

I might just get Arkhan then becaue he looks awesome and wait for TKs to be rereleased or something

I'm trying to get into AoS now and used to play wood elves, and I am definitely going full tree people. The elves changed too much of what I liked about them, and the trees seemed to have picked up those parts.

The funny thing is, I very nearly almost started Tomb Kings back around the time they got all their new shit. Giant snake monsters/riders? Fuck yea! Sign me up with Khalinda up front! Now they're gone, too.

What's that product you guys were talking about that's good for stripping paint?

simple green?

Different guy, but doesn't that eat plastic?

nah, simple green isn't that strong. you can do it on a test model if you want. If anything, in my experience it isn't strong enough as it will often not take off the primer on the first day of soaking

brotherrr
nice pinks

Ah, ok. Good to know. I don't really have anything but metal painted since the bulk of my shit is actually Sisters in 40k, but it's still good to know.

metal can withstand almost anything in my experience

hey guys getting my first three models of AoS tuesday to practice on. Did I fuck up by choosing rustoleum black primer as my basic primer?

Also any other tips for a first time painter other than 'THIN YOUR FUCKING PAINTS?"

you should be Fine, just be careful not to prime too close to the model and overprime it, which cloggs up detail. Simple green it if you mess up

Like 8" inches away from the models right?

Yea. I was legitimately told to try brake cleaner for metal models. Since my models are literally one piece and a backpack, I don't even have to worry about glue.

Also, how do I revive old citadel paint? Can I just add water?

It had a different name. Someone swore by it that it was the best product he'd used so far.

Was hoping he'd still be here.

depends on the primer. For army painter, 8" is perfect, but for others, you might actually want to go farther. I spray in bursts, which helps control how much goes on. Multiple thin coats is better than a thick one, even for priming. Your mileage may vary depending on humidity and heat.

water and an agitator like a ball bearing to still it up when you shake it

Meant to reply to

Guess not would have to be something heavy, right? Can't just stick some sprue bits in there?

I wanna play death... but as a beginner the lack of cool minis is killing me. nagash, undead beastmen angels, and the weird mounts are fucking cool.

Guess I practice my painting on hordes of skellingtons though.

Death outside of flesh eaters and tomb kings sucks rules-wise though