The local Dark Lord made an entire time period itself his phylactery

The local Dark Lord made an entire time period itself his phylactery.

How does your party fight him?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-QgUjqMxeXo
youtube.com/watch?v=KEkrWRHCDQU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Wait him out.

Bring an end to an era via either a golden age or violence. Preferably violence.

Time travel may be necessary, but if the period has already passed then the phylactery was destroyed, and if it's in the future then the Dark Lord doesn't have a phylactery yet.

Go to the future and wildly distort facts surrounding the period of his rule. Then use the resulting disturbance along the sympathetic link to paradox his ass into oblivion.

We make a sword out of the cretaceous period to slice the phylactery in half.

What system are we using?

>What if the fighter's weapon was the color gray
>How do you deal with a monster that has existance as his breath weapon
>How many spells could a lv 20 Meteor(the class) cast?

This is the kind of question you're making

Time travel bullshit

Fuck not even time travel, but "concept of time as a thing to be manipulated" bullshit.

Simple version would just to undo the spell causing the "time period" to be a phylactery.

PS4.

That isn't how either phylacteries or time works. The dark Lord is obviously an imbecile, the fight will be much easier than anticipated.

I'd avoid a direct physical confrontation with a time-magic-wielding imbecile. He might blow himself up, but I have no intention of getting caught in the blast.

>He who controls the past commands the future, He who commands the future, conquers the past.

Fling him into the future where my evil is law

Call the police

Roll to seduce.

Revolution.

Great post.

Punch him til he dies.

Just wait for the time period to pass.

Now if he makes all of spacetime his phylactery...

Eat it!

Give time birth control

>>I think I know a guy.

Either get in touch with a certain emperor I know to erase that particular time period; or visit a certain priest I also know to accelerate time to when that period ended, or just have him flat out accelerate to the heat death of the universe and more or less cycle back to where we our, sans the BBEG.

I destroy it using the sword I hand-forged out of the color purple. Not a special purple-colored material, the literal concept of purple.

>Phylactery
>An amulet or charm, worn for its supposed magical or supernatural power
>A speech scroll in mediaeval art, which contains or represents speech
>Tefillin, boxes containing Torah verses worn by some Jews when praying

Wrong again OP.

>he who controls the past conquers the past

well no shit ya dingdong

I know two.

Well I know a better pair

Force time forward until this period no longer exists.

The Lancre Witches did it, so why can't we?

Nukes.

Lots of nukes.

>>A pair? How quaint.

>We research how, and why he became the dark lord.
>Then we go back in time, and befriend him.
>We make sure he becomes a force for good, an inspiration to future generations.

Then we betray him when he would least suspect it. Sacrificing loved ones before his eyes to fuel the rite that will grant us the immortality his previous incarnation sought and won.

Shit taste.

>Only goes up as far as 11
Bitch where's my Capaldi

I quit the game because clearly my GM is fucking retarded.

>This winds up creating the BBEG, and we closed loop now

>What if the fighter's weapon was the color gray

>What if the fighter could kill people with the color gray

mate im not gonna lie that sounds great

Genocide obviously.

But then, where does he respawn?

grayt

Didn't we already have this thread?

I received from a giant a sword forged out of the Cretaceous period.

>>Says someone with even shittier taste.

If it can be done and isn't a category error; it's kind of a ballsy statement.

"I need to be immortal. But not forever; just for this period of time. After that, I won't need a phylactery."

Assuming he can do it and he's not an idiot, I'd be worried about what he has planned that he will have no need of a phylactery after this year/century/era/whatever.

A fossilised period from the cruestaceus era?

Sounds like the mayor's plot from that one season of Buffy

We can have concepts as our phylacteries now?

OKAY

>The local Dark Lord made happiness his phylactery.

How fast does he rejuvenate? Might just want to smash him to pieces periodically until the time period passes.

Wait, when you drop a liche doesn't it just respawn next to it's phylactery?

So...if you killed it, would it not respawn back in it's chosen time period?

Could you mass spawn the same liche by killing it over and over?

Lich or liche?

I unzip my russian standard issue army pants and my lizard pokes out. It looks around and sees your bottom. It then gets hard, and hisses in your direction. I slowly walk to you, not yelling, but speaking loudly" prepare your bottom for lizard, little one. I use vodka for lube. I pour vodka on lizard, lizard is excited now. I use crowbar to spread open your bottom, and use red spray paint to make bullseye for the lizard I aim I go in, and hear a pleasured roaring hiss as lizard takes control I cannot stop him now, he has his prey you cry, but i tell you"do not cry little one, it will be over soon lizard starts shaking, and squirming gives another roar red communist sperm explodes into you, and lizard yells during orgasm with the voice of a thousand soldiers You fall to ground you are dead now lizard slithers back into my pants he is satisfied for now

I'd go with the era idea or try to imprison him. Also try to prevent him from destroying his body.

Reading that will kill happiness.

youtube.com/watch?v=-QgUjqMxeXo

>The local Dark Lord made an entire time period itself his phylactery.
Facefuck time with giant brass golem dickings.

I see what you did there.

Time periods are only defined after they have passed, to when the Lich is killed he will be reformed after the period has ended by modern standards, allowing him to return to the present. The moment you kill the Lich he would have already existed for all the years up until the present.
So, the party must travel back in time and stop that period for ever happening. If the Lich chose the Hellenistic Period, for example, a suitable solution would be to kill Alexander the Great or prevent his death at Babylon. Luckily, you're technically inside the phylactery so he won't be around to attack you, but you'd best believe he has minions to ensure the timeline remains as it is.
Might be cool, though difficult to pull off.

I think there was a manga where someone had a sword that was literally made of black. It was a pretty weird idea.

Kill him. This will end the current age and start a new one of tentative but hopeful freedom.

The same way we deal with all of the liches we have fought.
We do NOT under any circumstances kill them, we encase them in concrete. If Concrete is unavailable then we make them fireproof and encase them in lime. If lime is unavailable we make them COMPLTELY fireproof and encase them in the hardest liquid metal we can get our hands on.
And then we bury them in the sacred chapel in the cathedral at the heart of the capital city.
Can't teleport out because they can't move or talk, no way of getting themselves out because they can't move at all. They slowly go insane and loose all mental faculties and even if someone does let them out in 10,000 years they are a harmless gibbering mess.

If they could still magic themselves out from being encased in concrete then they get buried in an unmarked grave in the moddle of a dead magic zone.
If no dead magic zone is available then the party wizard makes the ultimate sacrifice. They Create a permanent demiplane with no gates to or from it, gives it a sustaining biosphere, fills it with dinosaurs and takes the Dark Lord there then changes it so that it is a plane upon which all magic ceases to function. They are now both trapped there forever, no way out. Anyone who turns up likewise has no way out. Eventually it gets forgotten about. What if that was the world we are living in?

>construct 1000 Decks of Many Things
>make people draw until they get a Wish each
>1000 people all wish simultaneously for the destruction and recreation of the world without the Lich

Done and done.

Generate massive meme factories to warp the culture into an unrecognizable state within a few short years.

>party never leaves print shop

Hack time and make the Dark Lord my bitch
youtube.com/watch?v=KEkrWRHCDQU

Chrono trigger is my favorite game

I introduce a major technological revolution, ending the era early and beginning a new one focused around the new singularity.

And now I'm bummed over that being dead.
Fuck you, I'd managed to forget.

>The local Dark Lord made an entire time period itself his phylactery.
>How does your party fight him?

I keep rolling a d20 until I roll a 20, then I announce that I just killed him by rolling a 20.

>Can't teleport out because they can't move or talk
Are you seriously suggesting that no lich in history has bothered to apply Still Spell and Silent Spell to the same slot.

Fuck, I were a lich I'd have a few spells with that combo ready every day, just for the satisfaction of handling adventurers without outwardly responding at all.

I mean, you can't pull off a proper *teleports behind u* if you need to do the secret handshake and recite the national anthem first. And it's far more impressive to walk right through a stone wall if you do so without stopping to obviously cast something. It makes it seem like you don't even need to do anything yourself, you're powerful enough that the wall just gets out of your way.

>ultimate sacrifice
Um, why not just put a gate in it, leave, THEN cut off all magic inside? That'd close the gate just fine.

Actually, wouldn't bringing the lich to an antimagic plane for a minute or two kill it anyway, since without magic it's just some bones?

Only because fighters doing literally anything would be an improvement.

Travel back in time and kill every. Single. Person.
Pretty sure after the first 80 or 90% of the planet gets eviscerated any kind of tune stops as nobody is counting it anymore.

My first solution to everything tends to involve various weaponry though.

>It's long and lively, but I know it won't end well.
That's a neat idea - a sword that, when shattered, summons a meteorite.

>Historical revisionism
>lich no longer exists

easy

Sounds very like a very Jasper Fforde idea.

When the time period is over, does he die? Like, it's over, ceasing to exist save in memory.

You could incapacitate him for that period, or possibly trap him or send him into a future beyond that era.

Worst-case scenario, save as much as you can by just time-shifting it into a future past the end of that timespan, possibly using divination to scout a safe and habitable time to emerge.

1) Become a Lich
2) Make Dark Lord your phylactery.
3) His move

Can only alter the plane from on it, probably.

Punch the GM for being so stupid.

Since Phylacteries have to be crafted, that means the entire era in question had been manipulated to serve that purpose. Time travel to prevent the Wizard from defining history so he could attain lichdom may destroy our own timeline, but those who live in the new world will be better off.

Technically that's only one guy though

Threads like this that me thankful to the designers, who wrote actual rules for what phylacteries can and cannot be. Because if Veeky Forums's freeform faggots were in charge, nothing would ever make sense.

Incite revolutionary change sufficient to count as a new period.

Well first we have to get into said period of time that didn't exist, then wait for the hour his phylactery is in, then find the minute, and trace the second it's in. Once then, we need to grab the split-second, catch the moment, and only then we can snatch his phylactery away from him.

I don't get it
Time is a dimension. Can you make length, width, or height a phylactery?

Does your phylactery move at light speed?

Unless the idea is that even memory of the era serves as an anchor for him.
He can continue to exist as long as there are echoes of the era - anything from dry historical texts, to epic fictionalized sagas, to tv shows, to crazy fighting video games, to gifs.

Dude, there's a Star Trek show coming back to tv, we don't need you any more.
You can go back across the ocean now.
Yeah, just go.
Yeah, we're fine, you can go.
We'll mail you your stuff. Bye!

Change the time on the PS

Somebody post the Screencap of with the Lich's phylactery being embedded in the girl's heart.

lock this era of time off away in a little marble. toss the marble to the end of creation. that new marble becomes the center of a new Big Bang, and the lich becomes the God (notice the use of capital G) with his essence so far diffused across the entirety of the cosmos that he actually can't do anything.

thus the cycle begins again

I would assume they had used anything like this to get out of the grapple they were put in to get them into the block in the first place.

Speaking a word of magic to teleport behind someone hardly counts as reciting the national anthem.
A wave or the hand an a word of magic to walk through a wall is impressive. Walking through it without making any action whatsoever is going to look like it's either trickery or an inate ability, either way, less impressive than obviously using magic.

depends on the system you are using.
Usually magical creatures stay alive (or at least animate in the case of undead and constructs) in dead-magic zones, they just cant use any of their magic abilities.

bingo, and interplanar gates usually remain open on magic-dead planes.

You have clearly never read the rules on grappling and the rules on concentration checks.
Yes there are ways around it, but it takes resources, which mean the wizard isn't defended against something else.

Toss a Sphere of Annihilation in a Well of Many Worlds, obviously. If it can take out the Lady of Pain it sure can some uppity Lich.

Oh, you wanted existence to remain? stop whining.

/thread

Call my buddy the foolish samurai

clearly this villan is going to throw someone into the future and it aint me

I have zero interest in a fandom fight. Putting down another's fandom in support of your own is a sign of insecurity.

>not being an immortal elan and watching the changing of the time period slowly warp, distort, and finally utterly annihilate the lich with great amusement
Stupid lich.