I don't get it, why's there still quest threads if they got thier own board now?

I don't get it, why's there still quest threads if they got thier own board now?

You'll probably get a ban for starting this thread and, hell, I might too for posting in it, but, you're not fucking wrong, brother.

Because questfags are the single most autistic group of people on all Veeky Forums.

Yes, even more autistic than /r9k/ids.

Because unenforced rules.

I have no idea, maybe there are too many quests in the other board?

Because /qst/ is a trial board that only a vocal minority wanted

Because /qst/ still hasn't graduated from trial status, somehow. Also some of the old-ass quests have been here forever and good luck forcing a move on them.

Why don't we just create a seperate website that's nothing but quests and CYOAs?

While we're at it, we might as well deport mega threads, too.

And, you know, I don't like how MTG discussion is so popular here.

And stories? This isn't Veeky Forums.

Then we'll be left with the only posts that matter; metacommentary!

Because the mods aren't deleting quest threads on Veeky Forums and handing out bans to people who remake them

[citation needed]

It won that poll fair and square you dingdong.

What poll?

IIRC One of the new mods opened up a thread stating that they were planning to create a board for quests, which was met with overwhelming negative feedback, and then did it anyway.

If I recall it was some autism about the bump limit being too high and suptg not archiving the threads there

Because we need to build a WALL and send all /qst/adillas over it.

Dragon Trump 2016.

Because those that enjoy quest threads are an insidious cancer.

There is one
anonkun.com

Because questfags complain about how cancerous /qst/ is even though that's exactly what their threads look like and are.

>go in quest thread
>Ask the same question as OP
>get a fucking warning

Oh I'm sorry it's just an obvious fucking question! They got they're own board take that shit there.

Because we don't really need more room for "elf slave wat do" and yet another cancerous general.

Don't like quest shit, ignore it. It's that simple.

>get your own fucking board.
>post outside of it
>Don't like it ignore it

/qst/ is like /pol/ only it's not nearly as hated. Keep those shitty threads in containment where they belong.

>and yet another cancerous general.
how are quests not generals?

There was no poll you moron. It was one-person decision

The only people who are on /qts/ are newfags and flakers. All the standard fare quests and long-going ones are still on Veeky Forums, mostly because they are run and played by the same people over year(s) and are pretty much local tradition.
In fact, they are better than most of daily threads.

>Trying badly to start flame war
>Surprised it earned warning instead
Get rekt and get out from both Veeky Forums and /qts/

Questfags are insane people who shitpost their own board out of spite for themselves and sabotaged the archive and blamed "the haters" to try and stay here.

Not even joking.

I mean just look at how they reply with obnoxious indignation;

It' worse than /pol/ since ometimes they make dank memes (ancap balls) but /qst/adillas have ZERO redeeming qualities

>Implying 90% of "le ebin quest xD" isn't a variation of "elf slave wut doooo" or "mai waifu animeee~~ ojuihi chan!"
ALso >greentext line in ur setting what le do needs it's own board, probably /trash/ or /s4s/

>Get
Nobody asked for this board. It was just made. And because it's trial board, barely anyone shows there. Not to mention the real quests and not some shit that ends after 2 posts/single thread are on Veeky Forums anyway.

>There are still people on Veeky Forums who don't just filter out threads with "quest" in their name.
It's like you are getting into skank den and then complain everyone is high on heroine.

>/qst/adillas
You're going to try and make this a thing, but all it'll do is let everyone know it's you that's posting.

>Nobody asked for this board
All non /qst/adillas did.
Now fuck off and take your waifu with you subhuman.

Having/not having quests threads here does literally nothing to stop those threads, to be fair.

The ONLY thing that can decide what will show up in "the room" they currently have here is solely determined by what the mods enforce. Same goes for every other thread here, regardless of how you feel about its content.

And defending quests will make everyone know you're a subhuman, so yes. Fuck off subhuman.

>It's like you are getting into library and then complain everyone is high on heroine.
ftfy quester

Not a quest fag. Never took part in one, never will.

You whiny faggots need to go back to r/eddit if seeing shit you don't like triggers you so much.

Libraries are full of stories.

Quests are stories.

You are really, really bad at analogies.

>All non /qst/adillas did
I didn't. Here goes your overblown argument.

Also, nice doing, baiters - thread was almost dead, so you resurrected it 50 minutes ago. What? Your daily dose of flame wasn't met?

How about you simply filter quests? Or ignore their existence, like every normal Veeky Forums user?

Because Veeky Forums is my home board where I post about and engage in Veeky Forums related activities. Just because some of its users decide to declare a crusade on one of those activities isn't going to make me leave,

You being upset about it doesn't give me any less right to be here. You'll find the world outside your basement doesn't actually care about what you want it to look like. Try to come to terms with that fact and you might start enjoying that world, even if some parts aren't for you specifically.

Otherwise, I guess I'll see you in my next quest thread for the few minutes it takes for your complaint to get deleted as they always do.

>All the standard fare quests and long-going ones are still on Veeky Forums, mostly because they are run and played by the same people over year(s)
Yes because we really need a five man circle jerk over "Anime Nobody Cares about Quest Thread #245." Go to your fucking containment board, make it good instead of shitting up a board you don't belong in.

Because nobody can actually tell how many people like quests or don't like quests. Anyone who says different for either side is a lying sack of shit/autist or more likely both.

The people who don't like quests yell real loudly about how nobody but QST fags like quests then usually put out some wildly overblown percentage of the board quests take up,sometimes over 50%

People who do enjoy quests of course say the opposite, that haters are a small loud minority and that nobody really gives a shit. They also didn't ask for the board so they don't use it.

Then everything devolves to autism and shitflinging and another toxic thread is made.

Report the threads

Easy!

>/qst/ has a better community than 2016 Veeky Forums

literally /pol/ tier arguement

Crappy stories. Fixing his analogy its like going into a library and finding it full of shitty naruto fanfic.

Last library I went too actually did have a whole shelf filled with comics.

It didn't seem to be doing well.

I've been temp banned for doing this on Veeky Forums.

They have a loyal following, the problem with them is the very high post rate which keeps them dominating the first couple of pages and bumps other interesting threads off the edge. In b4 "use the catalog", I have never and will never do any such thing and you can go fuck yourself for suggesting it.

You also forgot a massive victim complex coupled with overblown superiority complex

Quest fags are basically die Juden of Veeky Forums, the only difference is that they don't abuse their holohoax (shitting up /qst/) that much

>It's like you are getting into library and then complain everyone is high on heroine
Wait aren't you supposed to do drugs in libraries ?

>Crappy stories
Still better than the last campaign you GMed

>refuses to use the tools Veeky Forums provides to make your experience easier
>complains

wew lad

>I've been temp banned for doing this on Veeky Forums.
Then stop doing so and stop getting triggered.
Quests co-existed on Veeky Forums for years. Suddenly everyone is triggered. And that means - vocal minority is lifting some shit. Because otherwise quests wouldn't be on Veeky Forums for previous years.

Really, what's your problem? Or you are actively searching to have some problem?

What are you doing outside /pol/, stormnigger?

So you basically ignore options provided ages ago by the site and complain about shit that you could solve in less than 5 seconds?

Get rekt

I don't mind quests but at some point there was so much of them that browsing on mobile was a chore. Now it's pretty good. There's still some but it's not as bad as before.

>Shitstorm thread
>In less than 50 posts. /pol/ shows up
I wouldn't be surprised if it was started by /pol/tard

>What is filtring
Please post today something about not spoon-feeding people. I dare you. I double-dare you, motherfucker

Veeky Forums moderation is severely lacking.
Take a look at /tv/ for an example.

>implying I'm /pol/
It's a fucking joke you autist.

By the same argument, you faggots should use the quest board Veeky Forums provides for you. Except that you are much worse, he only fucks himself for browsing more slowly and possibly missing threads while you faggots shit up Veeky Forums with cirlejerks that aren't even Veeky Forums related most of the time

At least my shitty campaign didn't involve several hundred sessions. Seriously though why can't you use the quest board? Can you give me an actual reason beyond "muh board culture?"

>At least my shitty campaign didn't involve several hundred sessions
I feel sad for you, that you don't have a good consistent group.

We never asked for a quest board, why the hell should we use it?

I'm not saying I'd be one to know definitively, but i think youre missing a few possible variables there.

A while back wasnt there a "nazi mod" of sorts? Pretty sure there have been stories of that driving a large user base away from here. Assuming most didnt return, and that we have had a bit of a resurgence in traffic since then (that bit im positive could be shown true), then perhaps its a change in the total user base thats causing such a shift in opinions.

And i know it isnt the best analogy, but your arguements is a bit like saying "women havent been saying they want to be voting for hundrads of years, why start now?" way back whenever that was. While possibly true, things do change. And in a place like this, occasionally you have to listen up and do something. Hell isnt warhammer wednesdays on /b/ what started this board? Same concept.

>I feel sad for you, that you don't have a good consistent group.
>Wanting to continue playing a shit campaign for years
I am really confused by you. Granted you like quest threads so it isn't surprising.

>We never asked for a quest board, why the hell should we use it?
Because it is a board for quests. If Veeky Forums created a /wh/ for warhammer I would keep warhammer threads on that board because I have a board for that and am able to keep open multiple tabs so I can also look at other threads on Veeky Forums at the same time.

>I am really confused by you
A campaign is only as shit as you make it. I enjoy hanging out with my bros either way.

There is one
tgchan.org

I am a shitty GM. I realized it and ended the campaign because it was boring and I was a shitty GM despite how much effort I put into GMing. Should I have dragged out a boring linear campaign that nobody was enjoying? I still hang out with my friends but fuck I'm not gonna GM again, just not good at it.

I'm going to tell you something that, if you do it, will make you a better GM. But you'll hate it, and you won't do it.

QMing made me a better GM, it gave me an avenue to experiment with ideas in a mostly anonymous setting, and sharpened my story telling instincts.

If you want to become a better GM, I'd advise giving QMing a shot.

We never had a dozen different story threads at the same time. Before /qst/ I could easily expect to find 10-15 sometimes over 20 quest threads on the board at a time. There is no reason that much of the board's content should be clogged up by quest threads that the same handful of people contribute in.

Cool, you wouldn't mind if I made a thread about giving dragons, right? Veeky Forums tradition and all.

All the anti-quest arguments essentially boiled down to 'there are people having fun on this board playing rpgs in a way I don't approve!'

And look at all that valuable content that's filled up that space.

Wow. 14% of a board at max. Such clogging to your delicate sensitivities.

20 threads is about 10% of the board. Hardly clogging the catalog up.

>why should we use our contaiment board, it's not like I wanted it
Great argument faggot. And this is coming from the faggot who yells at people to go back to /pol/ for making jokes.
Well what if I also didn't want /pol/, how dare you tell me to go make jokes there?

Yeah the issue wasn't just storytelling, it was several things. Regardless I don't hate quest threads, I find them retarded but I find lots of things on Veeky Forums. The issue is that quest threads were clogging the board, I am happy with how many fewer quest threads there are, and honestly I don't mind the few ones that remained although I would like to see them kicked off the board out of principle just like blatant /pol/ shit despite the fact that I enjoy /pol/.

Just because you like two things doesn't mean they need to intermix, you might like drinking a soda with your burger, it doesn't mean the logical thing to do is to dip your burger in your soda. If you like quests keep open a tab on /qst/ and another on Veeky Forums.

Ay, you're right! Why, I believe that the same should apply to other boards! My Little Pony is a western cartoon with their own board, let's let the ponyfags back on /co/! After all, it's for cartoons and comics. Wouldn't want to not have a cartoon there!
And let's put furry back in /d/ and /aco/ - surely anthro art is deviant and alternative!

>And look at all that valuable content that's filled up that space.
Threads actually related to Veeky Forums. Even if /hhg/ is shit it is still Veeky Forums related anime and Germaboo quests aren't.

>Regardless I don't hate quest threads
You rail long and hard on things you claim to 'not hate'.

> The issue is that quest threads were clogging the board
By any metric that isn't true.

I seem to have missed all those times people started posting quest content in non-quest threads. Oh right, that never happened, you're just using a false analogy.

'recommend me a manga/book/comic!' is hardly a Veeky Forums subject. by your argument that stuff belongs on /a/, Veeky Forums or /co/

deport all questfags

What's more cancerous? Quests? Generals? Board Police?

Really makes your neurons sizzle.

I'm reminded of the newfags that link to Veeky Forums every time a historical discussion threatens to break out, or spam 'we wuz kangs' in anything that has even a wiff of black to it.

Veeky Forums has been feeling empty and slower than ever lately, and creating /qst/ has done nothing to speed up or generate new content for the board the way anti-quest fags claimed would happen.

Oh and one thing I forgot, assuming you were actually asking.

Nobody on either side of the argument actually tries to give a shit.

There is no debate, no discussion. It's either yes quests or no quests.

There are occasionally one or two people who wander in and say maybe we should actually talk about it, but then they're quickly drowned out by shitters from either side.

TLDR- Mods currently don't give a shit so quests are staying on Veeky Forums.

I don't like qst-threads and all, but Jesus Christ. How autistic can soneone be to not use the catalog? I guess these are the people who start these shitty threads abozt how qst-threads ruffled their jimmies.
ALSO their are threads FAR worse than quests. One line of greentext is absolutely retarded, but then the discussion in them is usually better than in your average 40k/mtg-general.

Remember when Veeky Forums used to be the only board you'd ever need?

Good times.

Sure, that sounds fun. I'd love if someone gave me a dragon as a gift, and if you need advice on which kind of dragon to choose for your friend/family/lover, then I don't see any reason you shouldn't make a thread for it.

>By any metric that isn't true.
Every quest thread on the cataglogue is taking up a spot that could be filled by an actual Veeky Forums related thread. What about when pony threads were all over /co/? What about when cuckposting threads made up a huge chunk of /pol/? Something doesn't need to be a majority to be in the way.

Honestly I don't get why you can't just say "BTW next quest thread will be in /qst/ so look there for it" when you end your thread and start posting in /qst/.

>'recommend me a manga/book/comic!' is hardly a Veeky Forums subject. by your argument that stuff belongs on /a/, Veeky Forums or /co/
It should but a lone thread isn't as big a deal as large numbers of unrelated threads. At the end of the day quest threads aren't any different than ponies or cuckposters. Sure they are much more insular but they don't belong here.

>It's better to have no content at all than allow few people have actual fun free from any shitposting whatsoever

Because quest threads are unironically the best threads on tg, if not the entire site. They're a good way for writers and artists to shore of their skills; it's like a Let's Play version of pnp games: widely available to a large audience, more popular than most other things, friendlier, and honestly better - I'd gladly take a quest over a game of 4e.
There's no downside, either, tg is fill of nothing interesting aside from the quests and occasionally the drawthread dies something cool.

>Every quest thread on the cataglogue is taking up a spot that could be filled by an actual Veeky Forums related thread
'Maybe there'd be good content if the thing I like was gone!'

Which hasn't happened, and won't happen.

>It should but

Fuck off. You're the poison of this board and you essentially admitted it.

show off*, full of*, does something*
Swype hates me.

>What about when pony threads were all over /co/?
The problem with ponies and bronies wasn't the threads on /co/. The problem was bronies shitposting in non-pony threads and on non-/co/ boards, most of it deliberate shitposting orchestrated by /b/tards. You don't even know your own history.

>guise quests are litterally the only thing keeping Veeky Forums alive and well
That's some major autistic delusions and inflated self worth you have there, exactly like the majority of pro quest posters. Maybe throw in some victimization, so you'll have the cancer trifecta

Lo they are lost to us now in the mists of time. Gone are the days where some shitposter inspired a 300 post thread about geo politics or where we discussed rape dungeons or the spider capacity of a womb. Or when we would play Kings of Dragons Pass together in if not merriment, mutual cooperation.

Now Veeky Forums is what you all see in this thread divisive, argumentative, and hateful. We were better than a series of Balkanized states once.

Original post
>It's better to have no content at all than allow few people have actual fun free from any shitposting whatsoever
How idiot read it
>guise quests are litterally the only thing keeping Veeky Forums alive and well
No wonder you don't like quests - with your reading comprehension they must be just fucking horrible.

Jumpchain and CYOA's are literally the most autistic things on this board.

But quests are by far more obtrusive.

It seems to be the fate of all boards. /v/ used to enjoy video games and teamwork.

>Making shit up just to perpetuate argument
Nice try, Pedro. Just remember people can and do sage.