Tell me Veeky Forums, what is the bravest thing one of your players have done?

Tell me Veeky Forums, what is the bravest thing one of your players have done?

Paladin who was separated from the rest of the party deciding to eliminate necromancer that had taken over a village, with over a hundred undead at his command between him and the Paladin. Because someone had to save those villagers before the undead got to them.

Dropped an entire ceiling on a daemon after sending down the elevator filled with explosives

The last campaign I ran was full of daring-do.
>The party stumbles across a tiny cave entrance on a beach. It's full of water, and it's uncertain where it may lead. Party Ranger dives inside and retrieves an ancient magical gauntlet, only to find afterwards that his suspicions of deadly traps were right.
>After spanning the subterranean sea, the players single-handedly fought off a demon lord and his army of mutants, barely surviving as they saved several maidens from the monsters' clutches.
>Next, they descended the tomb of an ancient abhorrent tentacle creature. Its' massive limbs where as thick as tree trunks and ripped anyone they caught to shreds. The maidens they had saved earlier were now food for the beast, but one member of the group stayed behind to distract the beast while the other fled to the next floor.

>entire ceiling on a daemon
Was he the Daemon?

>Dropped an entire ceiling on a daemon
But was he the daemon?

Punk ass druid stood up to a newly birthed god of rage with nothing but his balls and what ammounted to a baseball bat to make sure his animal companion and the polymorphed into a cat twin sister of his best friend could safely get away.

He didn't last long, but he lasted long enough.

Catachan demolition expert who decided fuck it and decided to attach a frag grenade to a powerfist and charged a slanneshi priestess mid chant in order to stop a greater daemon of slannesh from getting summoned.
You damn well know I died but others managed to stop the cultists all that was left was my bandanna GM was nice enough to let the surviving party members bring it back to Catachan for me.

God, I wish Assault Marines could take Boltguns. Maybe they'd be useful.

Bunch of first time players really got into the whole roleplaying in character thing a few years back, very little OOC chatter. The party was probably the tightest and least backstabbing and self-serving group I had the pleasure to DM for. Only guy who wasn't totally on board was the Paladin, who was awkward and shy and kinda went with the flow with things and didn't really roleplay much except to be the fun police sometimes (despite the OOC help I tried to give him.)

End of an adventure, they defeat the Big Bad, but a few really lucky hits had fucked their shit over. The Cleric, Barbarian, and Rogue were all downed, the Wizard was all out of spells and was badly hurt, and the Paladin was at half health with barely any lay on hands left. I had the remaining mooks looking for revenge while the citadel they were in crumbled. With a TPK on the line and no way to carry the three bodies between the two remaining party members, The Paladin did something I really didn't expect.
He summoned his mount and placed the three downed party members on it. He then gave each a point of lay on hands to stabilize them and then pumped the rest of it into the Wizard. I was expecting this to be their escape plan and was going to let them live to fight another day by the skin of their teeth, but he then drew his sword and shield and said
"You guys get to safety, I'll see you up ahead."
He then roleplayed a noble last stand. Poor guy was half shaking with how much he was coming out of his shell for that. Even his best friend (the Cleric) was blown away by how out of character that was for him.

Eventually they all ended up on the plane of positive energy in an epic level adventure, and there was the Paladin, waiting for them up ahead.

Level 1 sorcerer, fought three swarms of rats solo. [d&d5e, had -1 con]

>Middle of a battle
>Team losing badly, everyone on the verge of death
>Party dex fighter turns 360 and walks away
>Takes an axe to the back and dies
>Nearly complete TPK with only 2/7 people escaping
Not sure why he didn't just run away.

neat

Mah nigga.

Hooked up with his mom. Exalted is weird as shit.

Assassinated a rank 3 destroyer angel(God Machine sort), which through some REAL silly "optimizing" was able to move at up to mach 3.

>Turns 360
>Takes an axe to the back
But user, why was he fighting with his back to the enemy in the first place? These are the important questions.

Because he was a dex fighter user, they're just plain stupid.

Play a sub-optimal character

For fun

>Playing on some homebrew game of someone
>I am a paladin of the goddess of Arts and Beauty
>Pretty much a duelist
>No imagination so took the first name I thought about : Arthorias
>One day we came across a sunken ship which happen to be in a bubble completely dry deep in the sea
>We see skelettons everywhere
>I just KNOW they are gonna wake up at some point
>We finally found the treasure
>Yeah they are totally gonna wake up as soon as we touch this
>One of our mage look for magic items in the shit and say which one are magic and which one are evil
>Suddenly someone touch the shit
>The captain of the ship wake up
>I start to fight him
>One hit and I'm down
>Thisisfine.jpg
>The cleric put me back on my feet as we start talking with the captain who is not that evil
>Bla bla bla got cursed bla bla bla tired of not dying bla bla bla
>Suddenly he offer a possibility, if someone beat him in a "fair" pirate duel, he will give him the control of the ship

cont if you want

>be Forever DM
>player: "I want to do thing"
>me, unsubtle: "are you sure?"
>player does thing

In game? Our ranger ran up a burning tower to get a young girl of from the fire

out of game? One of our players came out as gay last session. He told us he was hella scared we'd kick him out and/or stop being friends with him but he did it anyway

I hope you guys were nice to that flaming faggot.

Female elf cleric in a band of barbarian fighters.

Sure

Good for him

Child character kneecapped the Queen of the Fairies. It was some good shit because none of us saw it coming.

There was one Ronin who died fighting so the rest of the party could escape and it was also the first session. We were playing with a no resurrection rule, so he stayed dead.

.....can they not?

Good on him.

desu the best player in our group is a somewhat effeminate gay guy.

His boyfriend isnt much of an RP'er but hes great so we don't care.

... Did he win?

The party was betrayed by a fellow PC, (long story), who invited the BBEG of the setting to pay a visit to their manor after she had lowered the wards.

At the time, with the amount of skill and equipment they had, I'd wager the entire party of 6, if they were fully decked out, ready to go, buffed up, etc; would have had a tough time fighting old Kalav.

Here we had one guy, in his nightshirt, all of his woven spells down, and only with his secondary weapon that he kept by the bedside, facing down the BBEG to hopefully buy enough time for the rest to escape. He didn't even attack, guessing (correctly) that he wouldn't be able to break through Kalav's defenses, he just kept grabbing him and trying to drag him backwards while Kalav kept pouring Kill spells into him.

He took an extra pizza slice (my slice) without asking and rubbed his cheeto encrusted hands on the pages of my PHB.

Great stuff

Sorry got things to do
So anyway

>I grab as much as I can in the treasure
>New weapon, armor made from dragonskin
>Suddenly a belt
>I ask to the rest of my group if I should take it since it was evil aligned
>Everybody say no
>Except one who say that I'm going to die anyway
>Fuck this shit I take it

There's this little thing in this game where the more an item's magic is powerful and away from your alignment the more you have to make roll on a random magic effect table

>So I start to make roll
>Blue hair
>Strange eyes
>Nothing to bad and suddenly
>Soul absorbed by the belt
>Are you fucking kidding me ?
>Nope he isn't
>Well now I my as well start to fight since I already got fucked

cont

>The fight start
>He has two attack and one defense
>I only have one of each
>Well it's gonna be tough
>I fight well, touching every turn, and defending as I can but obviously he touch everyturn
>Time is not on my side, I can't let this fight drag on too long
>Bones and blood everywhere
>We're litteraly destroying each others
>He crit
>I'm left with barely enough to stand on my feet
>I have to kill him, can't take another one
>Transform my defense in an attack
>Attack two times in a row
>Finally he goes down
>MFFW

cont

Tiny epilogue

I was now the captain of the ship, the crew of skeletton were all at my service, since I was a good guy I freed them from their oath so they could die, what I wasn't expecting was that the bubble keeping the ship down in the sea would break after that, so we all had to emergency flee.
And only after that it came to me, I was now the captain of a ship deep in the sea, in the Abyss

>mfw I was now really Arthorias of the Abyss

Valiant AF

Now THAT is character development right there. Kudos to the Paladin.