Invisible Sun General /isg/

What is Invisible Sun? See for yourself.

kickstarter.com/projects/montecookgames/invisible-sun

Invisible Sun is a game that costs $200 to buy. It's basically Cypher System (consumable cyphers, spending points to lower difficulties), but with d10s and D&D 5e's advantage/disadvantage.

Actual play: youtube.com/watch?v=XDlXierCCeQ

Invisible Sun is a special game because it lets you schedule one on one sessions with your GM between group sessions! For these, you earn XP and one-use superpowers that let you blow away major obstacles. So if the party was having huge trouble with something in the session, you can schedule a one on one session to win XP and solve that problem off-screen.

If you can't make it to a session, that's fine. Your character will "fade away" into the real world, and everyone will play without you. You won't earn XP (in this game, everyone can earn individual XP for doing things!), but that's fine, because you can just schedule a one on one session later to catch up on XP and one-use superpowers.

But even if you attend all group sessions, you can still schedule one on one sessions if you really want more XP and one-use superpowers. Invisible Sun is an RPG that rewards dedication!

Other urls found in this thread:

kickstarter.com/projects/montecookgames/invisible-sun
kickstarter.com/projects/montecookgames/invisible-sun/posts/1658457
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

why another thread

>Invisible Sun is a special game because it lets you schedule one on one sessions with your GM between group sessions!
And you can't in other games because...?

Fuck I was in an Ad Eva game that averaged like 3 of those a week over a full year.

If invisibility is a mind-affecting spell, I will kill myself.

Fuck me, I presumed that "costs $200" was hyperbole. That's ridiculous.

And $300 for supplements

I would say Monte Cook has finally lost his mind completely, but they've made their fucking pledge goal so I guess he's actually a bastard genius?

>What is Invisible Sun? See for yourself.
>kickstarter.com/projects/montecookgames/invisible-sun

Buy a self serve ad or fuck off.

>Invisible Sun is a special game because it lets you schedule one on one sessions with your GM between group sessions!

That isn't special at all. You can do this with literally any system.

>If you can't make it to a session, that's fine. Your character will "fade away" into the real world, and everyone will play without you.

This is how every group playing every RPG already works. If someone can't make it everyone plays the game without them.

I can't tell if you're serious, but ironic shilling is still shilling

OP is mad about being BTFO in the last thread.

I honestly never thought that phrase was appropriate until I saw such a loser.

He made a new thread with some of the same arguments too? His tears are delicious.

I think OP is being sarcastic? Possibly?

As an aside, is anyone capable of reading the KS updates? I try, but the names and intros are so ludicrously pretentious I just can't deal with it.

I'm not seeing the point when Unknown Armies 3e handles the same topic better at a fraction of the cost.

How was OP BTFO?

Yes. Very last update was basically just saying that character creation is like Cypher but with an extra thing where you pick one of five orders that determines what type of magic you use. It's hard to tell, but character advancement is possibly the same/very similar as Cypher as well, though one of the optional stages per tier seems to involve advancement through your order, which means if you ended up picking it, you'd get more powerful magic and be higher ranked in your order.

One update says they hit the base goal of the Kickstarter, another says they hit the stretch goal. One says the game has 3 different modes, which is just structured time (combat, any time you use rounds), unstructured time (just typical time in-game where you guys are exploring, talking to people, etc.), and then the side sessions. Then there's some talk about the suns, Silver Sun is about creation, Green Sun is about life.

And people wonder why Monte Cook and Sean Reynolds get fired so often.

Why does Monte Cook need tons of cash to Kickstart a Cypher hack?

cocaine isnt cheap

Because monte is going for broke user

>Cypher System hack

Eat my ass.

kickstarter.com/projects/montecookgames/invisible-sun/posts/1658457

Some character creation info. A bit brief though.

>costs $200
>It's basically Cypher System

this is the most pretentious piece of shit I've ever seen, and that's saying a lot in today's world

Why are you using "pretentious" to mean "thing I don't like"?

He isn't. Pretentious is an overused word which is often used incorrectly, but Invisible Sun is something you could use to define the fucking term, Cook is obviously so far up his ass when it comes to the damn thing.