Warhammer Fantasy General

Warhammer Fantasy General: Oh Shit It's the Orcs Edition

Talk about all Warhammer Fantasy.
Keep End Times discussion to a minimum and keep AoS in the AoS thread.

>Thread Theme
youtube.com/watch?v=Ocm8QdNR_d8

Link to last thread:48765387

>1d4chan
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Warhammer_Fantasy

>Newbie Introduction to Warhammer Fantasy (Download, start reading at page 174 for the story and all the races)
mediafire.com/download/i330182xo9b1hsi/Rulebook (Hardback).pdf

>Third Party Miniature Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk

>List of Warhammer recommended proxies
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/

>Tomb Kings Range reborn!
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com
indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/

>Warhammer Wikis
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

>Resources (Armybooks, Supplements, Fluff, Crunch)
pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
www.pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
>Endhammer
1d4chan.org/wiki/Endhammer

>9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

>Total War: Warhammer
store.steampowered.com/app/364360/

>End Times: Vermintide
store.steampowered.com/app/235540/

>Mordheim: City of the Damned
store.steampowered.com/app/276810/

>Bloodbowl 2
store.steampowered.com/app/236690/

>Man O' War
store.steampowered.com/app/344240/

Other urls found in this thread:

realmofchaos80s.blogspot.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Anyone else just fucking love the aesthetic of oldhammer?

I've been browsing the realm of chaos blog and can't get enough; even if the guy is an unbearable nerd.
realmofchaos80s.blogspot.com/

>Nagash was weak

-Mannfred the based

What does he mean by this?

Probably because Mannfred went on a long soul searching journey to discover older magics and walked a similar path.

The difference being Nagash was consumed by his power and got punked when he got too uppity.

Mannfred overestimates his own skill and understands that Nagash got got like a bitch at the same time.

t. mannfred

>tfw you'll never be a vampire corporal leading a band of skeletons and ghouls to strike some uppity dwarf guys

Feels bad man

What is TW: Warhammer?

80$ I don't have. :^)

Pirate.

Luthor Harkon pls leave.

Question in regards to the 2nd edition of the RPG.

Under Magic, the guide suggests not rolling all of your Magic Characteristic dice when casting. "It's a good idea" they say. But why? I can't find any reason why.

You have to hit a certain number to cast the spell, so why WOULDN'T you use all of your dice?

Enjoy some bad OC

>As Creatures of Chaos, however, the beastmen display great variation in their twisted anatomies
>some have the heads of cattle or snapping hounds rather than goats, while others possess antlers, serrated blades or even stranger mutations sprouting from their heads.
>it is not unknown for beastmen to have the head of a sheep, horse or insect, extra limbs, eye stalks, lashing tails, or any other conceivable alteration of the humanoid form
>tfw Literally none of the art or models reflect any of this
Why the fuck are we stuck with boring ass bull and goat beastmen? i want some fucking bear minotaurs or Mantis Beastmen. Why pick the most boring animals to make beastmen out of?

I chuckled.

GW didn't cared about beastmen in first place.

>tfw no fanfic of a Witch hunter x elf
why?

>'...He saw Nagash pluck another from the air, and crush its thick bones to powder in his unyielding grip.'
that's a Bloodthirster whom he plucked from the air and crushed.
yeah, weak. totally.

and daemons are supposed to be, well, chaotic. instead even DAEMON PRINCES all look the same

GW just didn't care what it wrote, when it could save money on making minis

>Was defeated by a heart broken mortal man
>Was defeated by a mortal man who would be a god and a king
>Was defeated a mortal man who desires nothing but oblivion for himself and all

Yes, weak.

>implying anything in the world is a match for a angry man with a deathwish.

defeated but not killed. it doesn't matter if you lose if you literally cannot ever die. it's like saying "i knocked roly-poly over". sure, you did, it's up before you finished talking.

Nagash can beat anything by attrition. he will endure no matter how much you throw at him and any casualties either side takes become his forces.

Why would they get together? Witch Hunters are far more concerned with Chaos than making goo goo eyes at Asrai.

But I remember the latest flash gitz models being proudly lauded as having tons of bits. GW can do it, they just don't choose to.

wait, was the new flash gitz before or after that new CEO of theirs? seeing as we got Tzaangors, maybe new CEO will finally start making varied models??!

>Tzaangors of Tzeentch often bear exotic markings and patterns and fantastic colours such as tiger stripes or leopard spots.
>models are just vague bird-people

Admittedly, they look great. But I still think they could have looked crazier - maybe crystal horns or multifaceted bug eyes or something else like that.

well, we can only hope there'll be moar when they release models separately

Those are just the ones that came with the silver tower game,, Tzeentch is expecting to get the kind of treatment Nurgle and Khorne got in end times/Aos. We might see many interesting models and art that can be used for WHFB beastmen, warriors of chaos and tzeentch daemons

I actually wanted to start a Tzeentch WoC/WoDG army using beastmen to proxy some of warriors, when Silver Tower was released, but luckily didn't have budget for it at the time. probably won't be able to hold if they actually do a lot of Tzeentch stuff.

>yfw the empire has a better government structure overall to combat chaos than the high elves.

>making goo goo eyes at Asrai.
>not wanting to have an elf waifu to hunt chaos with.
plus, asur are better.

Asrai actually put out. And besides, think about what it would take to get an Asur waifu - I assume you don't want the castoffs living in Marienburg or somesuch place, so you'll have to sail all the way to Uthulan and hope a pretty girl comes to the docks that day, since you can't really visit the rest of the island. I mean, what elf is going to let a Witchhunter wander around their homeland?

except that they put out forest fires and beastmen of their misery, but not to human dudes.

Why is Aborash so damned mysterious for such a straightforward bloodline?

>As with many vampires Abhorash was compelled to travel to Mourkain, capital of the Strygos Empire. Here the vampire Ushoran, another of Neferata's inner circle, had created a new Lahmia, an empire of the dead ruled by it's vampiric aristocracy. Abhorash served loyally until the empire's eventual destruction by greenskins. How he and his own followers survived is unknown.

>He helped fund the construction of la Maisontaal Abbey in Bretonnia in order to repay a debt to Giles le Breton....It is implied that during the destruction of the world during the End Times Abhorash was fighting alongside the returned Giles in Bretonnia.

What's up with him? How did he survive Mourkain, and if his bloodline worked with Ushoran, why are they also being dicks to the Strigoi instead of being strength bros? Was he a Grail Companion, or does he know Giles le Breton some other way?

>How did he survive Mourkain
seriously? is that even a question?

>Serves Ushoran
>none of the other bloodlines get as mad at him as they do at Ushoran
>never mentioned during the final battle for the place

Yeah, I think it's a question.

because GW decided to stick to something more cohesive and easy to replicate in terms of miniatures production.

the oldhammer books do have artworks of different mutants and with the various bits from daemons, spawns and others it shouldn't be too difficult to make a more etherogeneous warband.

you're not alone

he's the greatest warrior in the world. he just cut his way through orc hordes and fucked off

Anyone?

>insect
I always hated the idea of insect beastmen. Insects seem too far removed from men to create a mixed species. An insect race always seemed to fit the Skaven mould better, as beasts in the shape of men rather than men in the shape of beasts

>implying grail knights don't fuck them.

How about this
>witch hunter is investigating slaaneshi cult in hoveldorf
>investigation seems to suggest that the cultists are getting chemical x from some elves.
>witch hunter senpai goes to investigate
>elves say they dindu nuffin
>agree to cooperate with him as a sign of good faith.
>gets tagged along with some random elf
>they try and get to the bottom of the cult.

>I assume you don't want the castoffs living in Marienburg or somesuch place
Aren't they more like traders?

Averlanders like fancy uniforms, right?

How fancy is fancy in a world full of Landsknechts?

Brettonian knights often hang out in asrai palaces as guests, just don't confuse elves with dryads who appear sexy at first and kill later just like daemonettes.

40k Eldar fancy, I guess

yeah, I know that.
they are actually giant fags

about the same way as mice might be guests in my house, until warm season comes and they go back into the fields again

And then the party ends and 100 years have passed. The knight comes out and some other chucklefuck is in charge of his lands, and they have a duel to the death because chivalry. A wood elf mourns her handsome hunky human husbando this night.

Check out mordheims averlander compared to reikland or middenland.

Or modern greatswords compared to 6th ed greatswords.

>I assume you don't want the castoffs living in Marienburg or somesuch place,
There is plenty of asur merchants, mages and ambassadors in Altdorf, don't be a fool and get these ripe fruits.

Seeing as how it's Proto-Dark Heresy, I'm suspecting that it works like that if you roll a certain number on a dice, bad shit happens. In DH it was a Nat 9 on a d10. So basically, more dice means more power and also higher risk of backlash.

What's the most frustrating kit you've ever put together Veeky Forums?

>tfw no qt asur swordmaster GF to cuddle with.

metal glade lord on stag

>Implying any Elf woman would even give a human the time of day

Go back to your lands and find a wench to satiate your lust.

But what if i want to satiate lust with you.

Then unfortunately you'll be disappointed.

My friend, i heard elves are known for proficiency in rear relationships...

I believe your time in Lothern has come to an end. Off to your own land you go.

In that case i only left to SUMMON ELECTOR COUNTS

Averland represent

Invasion of the Moot when?

never.
we figured out why the Chaos is attacking the world. then we nuked Moot, daemons said "Finally, thank you, and sorry for all the inconvenience caused.", took all chaos warriors, beastmen and norse, and left through the polar gates, politely closing them behind themselves.
thus, the world was saved.

>invade the moot
>discover the rise of undead activity nearby before time
>the alliance between humans dwarfs and elves is cemented since they are aware of possible undead actions to undermine it
>thanks to the united efforts the auric bastion is completed, the vortex is momentarily fixed and the apocalypse delayed once more

azhag and marius were the hidden strands of fate that could save the world

>auric bastion is complited
>which is magic and human holy symbols and elves and humans
>vortex is fixed
>which is magic too, so elves and a bit of humans
>dwarfs useless in world-saving

I like your theory. It's realistic.

>then united alliance crashes skaven siege of Slayer Keep, retakes Eight Peaks and creates another Auric Bastion around Nehekhara just in case

Would an elf woman take a human as a pet? The females can be especially cute at times...

Dark Elves sure do

Sometimes an elf just wants some strange, you know what I mean?

so she-elves only fuck Benedict Cumberbatch? since he's Dr Strange

Has it even been cracked yet?

Dwarfs mount runed cannons on the wall.

When you get dubs, trips, or quads chaos happens. I believe it's in the explanation of the stats in the beginning of the book

This. Tzeentch's Curse dude, jesus.

>Why the fuck are we stuck with boring ass bull and goat beastmen? i want some fucking bear minotaurs or Mantis Beastmen. Why pick the most boring animals to make beastmen out of?

It's implied in-universe to be a result of the local culture's perception of the animals in question. Either turning creatures perceived as docile or holy and turning them into nightmarish abominations as an additionally psychological aspect.

>kingdoms of ind would have tiger beastmen
fugg

They do. And there are Snakemen in the Hinterlands of Khuresh, iirc.

why are there all those Inds, Khureshes and stuff like that? why make up fluff for things you're not making models/rules for?

>tfw you made a pretty cool warhammer esque ind by copy pasting stuff from indian mythology.
The mahabharata alone would fit nearly perfectly in WHFB in terms of sheer carnage.

Because Warhammer developed into it's own setting and became more than just a means for selling models?

IE: It became an intellectually property that could be farmed for books as well.

mahabharata ain't generic enough
you need basic stuff everyone knows. rakhasa, ganeshi, garuda, a few dudes with katars and other silly weapons, and a few oversized elephants with 2-6 tusks
and preferably some western or absolutely generic stuff re-stylized and mixed in, so at least some bits look REALLY familiar
i mean, look at Heroes VII Academy. perfect take on fantasy India. exactly how it must be done so anyone buys it.

oh, I forgot Kali. everyone loves Kali. and some thugees.

are there books set in Ind or Khuresh?

>mahabharata ain't generic enough
its kinda the most popular story about Indian mythology though.

Plus it also has hot interracial stuff, so yeah. I can see GW steering away from it.

>are there books set in Ind or Khuresh?

I remember reading a short story about a traveller in that region, but it might have been for one of the RP expansions. I don't think Black Library have a full novel set there.

Because Beastmen are Broo. They only exist because GW still had a fuckton of Broo models to sell.
They're Chaos Chow Mein.

In the oldest Oldhammer, all Chaos looked like insects. All of the guys who designed original Chaos stuff preferred that look.

Slaanesh's stuff is still insectoid.

ELLYRION WUZ HERE, CALEDOR ARE LOSERS

tzeench curse

My wood elves folder is shamefully low. Anyone want to humour me with preferably GW art?

herro ferrow erryrian

>page 8
well, time for my shitty warhammer story.
Heinrich Klaus was an honorable and respectable man. He was born the son of a wealthy businessman, and like his father wanted, he lived a life that many in the empire would dream of.

He had the best education, never went hungry, and the only time he left altdorf was to go to his father's estate in carroburg. It was a comfortable life by all means, and his father hoped Herr Klaus hoped that his son would follow in his footsteps one day.

Heinrich Klaus had done that, but his life among the universities of Altdorf had changed his outlook on life in general. He was not content to merely sit back and do business.

No, he dreamed big, and big dreams require bigger sums of money. So Heinrich Klaus had started a profitable business of acquiring not-so-legal goods for respectable clients.

It was a dangerous business, and being caught meant that he would be executed. However, he was not caught yet, and his clients had invited him to their gathering to reward him.

The place chosen for such a ceremony was curious. Proper altdorfer as he was, Heinrich knew next to nothing about the sewers. It was a place for rat catchers and deranged cultists, not for respectable burghers. Still it made sense for his clients to use the sewers. The smell alone would keep away all but the most determined - or the most insane.

After what felt like an eternity, Heinrich Klaus reached a rotting door and knocked in a particular way. He was rewarded with the door creaking open and a pale hand beckoning him inside.

The cavernous room was lit with several torches, their colors lilac and purple, and they gave off a heady aroma that made his senses sharp. He felt lethargic and aroused at the same time.

His clients came up to him one by one. Some of them were far richer merchants than him, who were too afraid to smuggle in goods, while others were nobles dressed in finery. One by one they surrounded him and began to chant.

>AoS makes 35% or GWs Sales.

>Comparing to Fantasy ?
>Before it was squatted WFB was ~5% (and therefore lower than paints & tools)

This has been debated for a while. The fantasy selling lower than paints thing. It seems They got sources that indicates it was true and we have confirmation that what killed WHFB was the lack of support and purchases from the players.

>Keep End Times discussion to a minimum and keep AoS in the AoS thread
>being this much of a sperg

...what the fuck does that have to do with Vietnam USMC Wood Elves?