Archaon and End Times discussion

>I am no god's tool. Yet, I am chosen, for there is no other that thirsts for the end as much as I

-Archaon Everchosen

What does he mean by this? Why did Archaon yearn so much for the end of the world and everything? Was this ever explained?

I hope it was never explained, I do not trust GW to come up with something compelling or badass.

The world getting blown up for no raisens is a lot worse.

Not really.

I can ignore the time periods of a setting and such when it comes to running a game (also I personally love the idea of Skaven ruining everything because of conflictary doomsday plots)

The characterization of a character though? That stuff hurts, man. That cuts deep.

>Why did Archaon yearn so much for the end of the world and everything?

Because he can.

Some Everchosen just want to watch the world burn.

Archaon went through a lot of shit and his waifu was revealed to be Be'lakor in disguise, so he said fuck this shit.

He says he wants everything to die but doesn't kill himself as the original writer would have wanted him to do.
He says he is the slave of no god while he did litterally everything the gods wanted from him.
He says there's no god apart the big 4 even in front of the god he once worshipped, sigmar.
He says he wants people to be free from the slavery of gods when he actually ascended to semi godhood and is the tyrant of whole lands and people.
He says he was forced to choose this path when he actually could have just defied his oppressor indefinitely with a stoic take of the situation.

Archaon is basically the equivalent of an edgy teen that wants everything to not be because he learnt the universe is an uncaring place.

>He says there's no god apart the big 4 even in front of the god he once worshipped, sigmar.

He told Sigmar-Karl that all the gods are dead, which they were mostly at that point, and that Sigmar was a lie. I mean come on, man, Archaon at that point fought the last spark of Ulric twice already

Then Sigmar dropped the bombshell that he isn't Karl Franz. He was, in fact, Sigmar. He spoke out Archaon's true name and told Archaon that he saw his many lives unfold. He wept as he saw Archaon being corrupted by Chaos.

tl;dr Archaon knows other gods exists but he knows they are just as bad as the Chaos Gods in their own way. He just lost faith in the existence of one god and it was Sigmar.

TL Note: If a Chaos Warrior uses the phrase "I am no god's tool." you can be 100% certain he's not only a tool, but also retarded.

If Archaon is the Chaos Gods tool, then how come the Chaos Gods cannot force him to do something he doesn't want?

Checkmate, Atheists

>Archaon, Destroyer of Worlds. During the Age of Myth, Archaon waged wars across countless realities. He fought both for and against all four Chaos Gods, desecrating worlds in their name before slaughtering the champions sent to kill him. To the Chaos Gods he was both a powerful asset and a monstrous inconvenience, the very embodiment of Chaos.

Archaon is actually four different people.

Original Archaon, who wanted to end the world because he was a chaos fanatic and that's what the gods wanted.

Novel Archaon, who wants to destroy the world because he thinks it's shit and hopes a better one comes later

End Times Archaon, who just wants to prove that Sigmar is a lie, and to who that the ending of the world is merely incidental to doing that.

Age of Sigmar Archaon, who wants to blow shit up and conquer the mortal realms.

Which one do you prefer?

Original > AoS > ET > Novel

According to AoS, Archaon went traitor because Sigmar refused to answer a prayer of his.

Explain your preference if you may.

OG is best because religious zealotry is clear and understandable motivation.
AoS Archaon comes close, but I don't like all the stepping on toes AoS does with the Chaos Gods.
End Times Archaon was just kind of insecure, and weak which is alright but not how I enjoy the bbeg.
Novel Archaon is just an edge lord.

He's emo.

Using Chaos against Chaos is fine by Chaos. Nurgle doesn't care if you wrack his garden with disease. Khorne is pleased by all slaughter. Slaanesh had a champion that was so vain and greedy he gave nothing back at all, and was well pleased.

They're humoring him. The Chaos Gods are eternal and infinite. Archaon is a foolish tool who does what they want while they laugh.

Okay imagine calling a friend and he doesn't pick up the phone. Do you then go on a rampage and murder EVERYTHING? That guy was already a nutter.

To be fair it was an option of last resort, and not exactly a selfish prayer.
He prayed to Sigmar at his holiest place to stop him from becoming Archaon as he was destined, but was ignored.

It was always his choice, not Sigmar's. He has no one to blame but himself.

>It was always his choice, not Sigmar's.

Nope, he was being rail roaded by the forces of darkness.
He believed that his god could save him, but either couldn't or didn't.

Not intimately familiar with Archaon, because I never got too into WoC when I played WFB, but it sounds to me like he wanted the world to end, and the Chaos Gods, who also wanted the world to end, recognized him as the mortal most capable of doing so. That sort of individual would be uninterested in the Chaos politics and wouldn't require any motivating on your (assuming you're a Chaos God) end, nor does he beg you for gifts all the damn time.

Guess he might be saying that he's Chaos because his interests happen to align with theirs, and he is the Chosen because he's the most capable of actually getting shit done. Suppose it's a bit similar to how skaven ended up on the side of Chaos, despite not really being all that fond of Chaos. They just happened to have the same end-goal, so they fell in together.

But that's just my take.

And what's the fault of Henric Von Plebeans who is busy working his farm?

His sins breeding Chaos.

Is it worth wasting time over shadow the hedgehog of Warhammer? He just feels so badly written even before end times wrapped up.

The more I learned about him, the less interesting he became.
Honestly, I had hoped he was *just* the greatest Chaos Lord to have ever lived. Like, he's just a very ambitious and devout Norscan. He probably believes pretty strongly in fate, and that it's the god's will that he does all this awful shit.

Him being a fallen Templar just makes it a little too similar to 40k for me. Something I liked about WFB was the little differences between the settings, rather than having literally the same themes and concepts just in a fantasy lens.

He was born half Norscan in blood and half daemon in spirit. He was a rapebaby.

He is not your typical templar.

>Shadow

He is Kratos.

>SIGMAR, I have returned and I bring with me the end of the Realms!

>half Norscan in blood and half daemon in spirit

God damn were entering Japanese levels here.

More like Greek. They started the half-something business.