Mundane NPC Art Thread

Guards, butchers, urchins, dirt-farmers, grunts, mayors, minor nobles, et cetera. People who hope for adventurers to show up, rather than adventurers themselves.

The concept of " People who hope for adventurers to show up, rather than adventurers themselves" based on a single picture has always left a bad taste in my mouth.

I'm not entirely certain what you're getting at, but basically it was an (admittedly not great) way of saying pictures that don't look explicitly like PCs with big magic swords and leather bikinis and elaborately wrought armor and shooting magic out of their assholes. Not that you couldn't play a hardass veteran guard or something or something and have a good time. Maybe "low fantasy" is more what I'm shooting for?

I have a couple of random villagers if that's what you're looking for.

idk, I guess it's just the phrasing that is makin me salty and I've been arguing with a lot of shitters who just go yolo in arguments and act like words don't have meaning. Like, NPCs can have big magic swords and shit too.

Something like "I need pictures, pictures of NPCs!" or yeah "I'm lookin for some low fantasy NPCs" would be more accurate

Guards and Pikemen would make capable adventurers of their own if they had the will to be. They've got the weapons, the training, the ability to grind on kobolds. Shit, one of my characters started with their statblock!

Yeah... everything I post will probably be female characters, sorry. Don't really save pics of dudes that often.

Best class in Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay

Small but viscous dog represent

Holy shit I found one of a dude.

Make that two.

That painter looks wired as fuck.

Damn, he looks like experienced adventurer.

Anyone else here? I'll stop posting if no one's planning on using any of these.

I went through and saved this entire thread so far, basically. I'd appreciate more. I'm gonna run a generic fantasy game and I love having reference art even for mundane characters.

Then you got it.

I played a townguard once

That's most of the ones I've got. The others I have haven't been labeled/sorted yet.

this ones my favorite

I got a few

If you want a really interesting story of an above-average Jap's journey to Renaissance Europe, look up this guy. Hasekura had a really interesting life and story that would make a decent movie or, dare I say, anime.

You should branch out.