Rules-light RPG that do "anime" action well

I want something with a bit more structure than Wushu, but less crunch than Savage World.
I know of BESM (it sucks) and OVA (it sucks).
I don't want any d20 system derivative.
I don't mind if it's Old-School, OSR, Story-Game, traditionnal-yet-non-old-school game, et cetera.

I'm gonna run a game in a tone quite similar to pic related. The PCs are going to be badasses that can easily destroy regular opponents, but might die whenever they go against a "serious" foe.

Other urls found in this thread:

tao-games.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/HQRPG.1.0.1.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>less crunch than Savage Worlds

You might want to hit up some of the PDF threads that happen here every once in a while, that and one-page RPGs.

I'm partial to using Cyberpunk 3.0 (without the shitty stuff) as it probably would suit the tone.

Again, I need something a bit more durable than one-page RPGs : Wushu is bigger than that, and it's still pretty light.
Savage World is crunchy, nowadays.

3D&T

Brazilian RPG eh? I'm interested, but is there an english version around?

Just play freeform. It really facilitates the *Teleports behind you* "Nothing personal... Kid" *Unsheathes magic katana folded 100,000 times* kind of games you're going to be running

Honestly, I've never really found a rules-light RPG which had satisfying action/combat mechanics. I'd love to, but there seems to be a point where you just can't get any real mechanical choice or combat depth in a system without adding some crunch. Valor is an interesting RPG, crunch-medium with a nice and varied system for over the top, anime-esque combat. My preferred system is Legends of the Wulin, but I think that counts as fully crunchy, despite a rather narrative focus and an abstract/thematic bent to its combat.

I'm not sure. It's a fun little system though, and the setting they made for it is pretty cool, called Tormenta.

I think I might just translate all of it and post it on Veeky Forums some time later this year.

>shit anime is the same as anime

I'm gonna recommend Strike!. It's lighter than SW, and stooges/mobs can be dealt with by the dozen.

Will do a rundown when I get home in like 3 hours, if interested.

How the hell is Savage Worlds too crunchy, yet OSR is okay?

Anyway, take a look at Legends of Wulin. Rip out the flavor and it might work well.

I don't know how crunchy Savage Worlds is, so I have no idea whether my recommendations are applicable, but Tokyo Nova and Tenra Bansho Zero.

Feng Shui is my go to answer for lots of stylish action games.

Legends of the Wulin or maybe Strike! could do the trick.

I'm home now. Are you around OP?

>Savage Worlds is an Apocalypse World derivative
Fucking what m8

What is Dungeon World doing in that explanation?

Hahaha, faggot thinking Savage Worlds is a *World game and then deleting his post.

Didnt someone do that last year as well? I remember some pdf floating around.

I deleted it because I realized I was wrong. It's nothing to giggle yourself into a coughing fit and choke on your doritos over.

Own up to your mistakes like a man.

Delete function is for accidents, not mistakes.

GURPS

95% of anime is indeed shit, 4% is passable, and 1% is good.

That's Sturgeon's law for you. And it applies to everything, not just anime.

90% of everything is shit, so?

In anime it's even worse. 95%

Eh, those 5% are acceptable deviation due to insufficient sample size and personal bias.

Savage worl--
>less crunch than savage worlds
FUCK OFF AND GO PLAY FATE, NIGGER.

This is what I Currently use to run quests. It's lightweight, easy to Homebrew for, and works in any setting. Also, yes, it's even more lightweight than Savage Worlds, while still retaining some mechanical traction. I'm currently in the middle of brewing Stand mechanics, because it's almost perfect for running Bizarre Adventures.

tao-games.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/HQRPG.1.0.1.pdf

Well, you could try-

>less crunch than Savage World.

Have you tried freeform? Because it goes Freeform > FATE > Savage Worlds. And let's be honest, noone actually plays FATE.

I second these guys, go play FATE. It's free, so that's a plus.