WIP Work In Progress General

>Citadel Painting Guides:
mediafire.com/folder/drb4mezm6792i/not_citadel_nothing_to_see_here

>Paint range compatibility chart across manufacturers
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Paint_Range_Compatibility_Chart

>Painting guides, Uniforms & Heraldry books, Painting Videos, Visions, ebooks and White Dwarves:
mega.co.nz#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ

>Painting Videos only
mega.nz/#F!fkcliY4L!mhdmIs2lT3mFG3VwoLO8Qw
mega.nz/#F!XEJSFDCL!9ZZKiLi6M_wguI1uTpyjPg
mega.co.nz/#F!WUsUlSLb!556OumKLhusFd9Fw5dBMdA

>DIY Lightbox
youtube.com/watch?v=OyxzC5kqbyw

>How to Moldlines
youtube.com/watch?v=A4LZ8iCSkeU

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo
miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg

>Stripping Paint
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>Ventilate, motherfucker
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

>Reinforcements are en route
youtube.com/watch?v=UID6LEzvRRo

>Previous thread:

This stuff supposed to be super glossy?

I really like it so far, but I'd prefer a more matte paint on primer since I'm a lazy fuck who just highlights black primer for black armor.

The torn flesh is going to be the eye catching point, I don't think there is any way to paint it without it becoming an obvious eye catching area.

It shouldn't come out glossy but it's more glossy than GW's primer which is matte as fuck.

I wasn't keen on the Army painter starter set, I find their paints are very hit or miss. I would recommend a Vallejo started set.

One issue you're going to have is that Space Wolves use weird colours. Very few light greys and oranges are used in miniature painting and you're wanting both. so maybe better to pick up paints you need from your local store?

Thinking about ordering a marauder bomber from china man but he says the cast are bad at the moment and their having problems in his catalog. Should I wait or is this a permanent thing?

When he says they're bad, they are really bad. Get the destroyer if you want a similar plane

Just matte varnish spray on top of it if you need it more matte

You are shaking the bottle properly before applying it I hope? I use this and ghost grey for almost everything and don't have this issue.

What do people suggest for paint racks?

but how does the destoryer compare to the bomber table wise?

Don't know, don't care

Buy the cast or don't, user

I think it's the better variant overall, honestly.

paint racks

Mind = blown

Wip of my tree lord ancient/leader.

Still a lot to do but I feel happy with him thus far.

lazy susan or spice rack

Finished my devil doge

Front on

Good Boy!

Lurv it!

See, i'd like to see something like this in a Tau aux force. Variety and awesome (instead of... Vespshit)

Don't buy chinaman, only poorfags buy chinaman. Buy forge world and get the variant you want.

Only Pure Fags tell others what to do.
(You) buy where (you) want to buy (you)r models for (you)r hobby to paint and play with as (you) see fit, and mind (you)r business.

Boom, (you) probably added 2 years to (you)r life if (you) can actually manage that.

Converting a unit of vargheists to make them flying, what do you think of the poses?

Well, a lot of that stuff has fumes coming off it you really, really don't want to inhale. It's probably fine if you let it air for a month and wear gloves when handling it before the priming phase but still.

I've bought recasts that didn't have this smell and I just don't trust the stuff that does.

I ment which ones dipshit

That's pretty sweet I may steal that idea to add a little variation to mine

Same with any of the other crap we handle daily. Wear a mask. Wear a good mask, especially when sanding. Once primed, prob gone. When problems are gone, they aren't worth bringing up.

But again, (you) don't trust it. So, (you) don't buy it. Problem gone.

Repostin my recently finished ork nob.

anyone have tips on painting lady skin?

I'm just saying, there's a reason PVC and recycled plastic can't be used in food containers.

Someone want to share their Chinaman caster? I need some recast dust in my life

Holy shit ceramite white and white scar are shit tier paints. No matter how thin I get them, they always end up caking up and leaving brush strokes. What the hell do I substitute to get a good, clean white? Does Vellejo have a good version?

Seconding this, I'm painting Imperial fists and I'm thinking of just leaving white primer and highlighting the helmets with some grey.

No problem for me, so...

They are not meant for putting down basecoats but putting in agitator like a bb gun pellet or a piece of clipped off sprue should help a bit.

You really want to start off with something more covering like a grey or bone color.

I use a portable drawer.

First Infinity model/first model in 3 years.
Just going to add a small blue 'Jewel' to the nose dish and I think I'm done.
Any suggestions? My first time using a wet palette.

It looks basecoated

Yeah that's about the extent of my skills.

Washes. Highlights!

Watch "Warhammer TV" on Youtube to learn the very basics.

You don't need a wet palette. You need the absolute basics.

I think it would look a lot better if you put a black wash on it and then re highlighted with your red and white leaving the black in the recesses. As it stands it really needs some contrast.

It's really not as hard as it seems to do a little more.

>start off with a light grey and a dark red
>mix some lahmian medium with your brighter red/white
>go over the highest places on the model with the brighter color

And voila, shadows.

Here's a bit better photo that's not just a red blob.

There's Delvan mud along the sides and back in all the greebles, and red ink with some highlights over the edges along the top.
Do I have to go stronger on the highlighting? big white streaks down all the edges?

That doesn't work, but a much more orange red would serve that purpose fine. You can't highlight pure white though.

Its better visible on the 2nd pic but still, your highlights are super subtle. If you like it that way then its fine but you might want to try a bit more extreme highlights with some white mixed into the red.

Shitty Deathwatch WIP, Made using a Dev squad+Tac squad and an old captain box. Made him to test painting DW before my Death Masque gets here in a few days.

Agree they are shit tier. I switched to vallejo white things are much better now.

This will look good when it's done.

One critique though, never highlight black with white. Use any shade of grey instead.

I feel l ike I may have gone a bit too light with the highlights now..

I think this last old better than before, could still use more shades though

I think if you gave another coat of white over the little bits, and painted the eye, you'd be golden.

It might seem this way, but if the mini is on the table and not on a high res pic they will look just fine.

Rumours of plastic KoS made me go back to my daemonettes so I bought a soul grinder to actually have some form of shooting.
Holy fuck this thing is HUGE. Jesus fuck how do I tackle painting this?
I didn't glue the legs btw

Prime first

I really hope you didn't glue the torso to the chassis, if you can seperate them it's a lot easier. Unfortunately the legs are going to pop out all the time or at least they did for me till I glued them in place. It's about as hard to do as your daemon prince, the model is detailed but big so it's easy to do

Thanks dad

Working on Skitarii right now and following Duncan's instructions. It's been three days since i started.

>I really hope you didn't glue the torso to the chassis
Shit.
Worse case ill pry it off or something.
>It's about as hard to do as your daemon prince
My daemon prince was glued completely, only the wings were a hassle, if thats true then I should okay.

Just got a vulkan hestan and realized hes resin. I know how to handle it but im not quite sure how to base him as the bases I started for my tacs are much larger than the one he comes with and vulkan has that weird slot thing like the pewter models do any tips on what to do? Im thinking ill just have to cut the tab off of his feet and put him on a base like the others

pic is my bases

>"CAN'T LET YOU DO THAT STAR FOX!"

Looks way better!

Looks gr8 m8, don't let any lack of replies let you down.

Always prime white if your model has a sizable amount of bright areas.

Use GW Ulthuan Grey or Vallejo Ghost Grey for white basecoats, they apply evenly and can be highlighted with White Scar/Dead White. Don't get fooled by the images on the web store, they don't have a blue tint once applied to models.

Priming grey can be better. It lets you highlight up to white much easier than shade down white.

>[Paint Racks]
>I meant which ones dipshit

You could build your own (pic related) for next to nothing, but honestly, a spice rack would have been easier and sturdier.

Is that just the head of a Hecatonchires-class cyborg or something?

>"CAN'T LET YOU DO THAT STAR FOX!"

Do a barrel roll!

I'm sure it could, but Ive had these models for over 2 years now and the local shop wont let people play without painted minis, so I just want to get them all done so I can play outside of my apartment.

Thanks, interesting how much of a difference a few 1mm thick lines can make.

Aux Bot from Infinity for the PanO faction. Flame thrower Drone basically.
Infinity does draw a lot of inspiration from Appleseed, Ghost in the Shell, and other Sci-fi 80's/90's anime.

Side note, if anyone has any good recommendations for stuff to watch for inspiration while painting Infinity, I'm open to suggestions.

Duncan is the Warhammer TV guy, right? I followed (most) of his instructions when doing my Knight. It looks pretty solid, especially considering I can't paint for shit. The dude's got real talent for painting AND giving the sort of simple, step by step instructions that let any scrub do a decent paintjob.

What Infinity are you painting? There's shit loads of different styles and it might not be useful to you to recommend them all.

PanO.
I've already gone through all of GitS, currently going through Appleseed, then have Bubblegum Crisis.

>Infinity does draw a lot of inspiration from Appleseed, Ghost in the Shell, and other Sci-fi 80's/90's anime.

Masamune Shirow: The Game

>Side note, if anyone has any good recommendations for stuff to watch for inspiration while painting Infinity, I'm open to suggestions.

Bubblegum Crisis (original version set in 2032-2033)
Bubblegum Crash (only if you're desperate for answers after Bubblegum Crisis)
Appleseed (2004 CGI version only)
Appleseed Ex Machina
Appleseed Alpha
Appleseed XIII
Black Magic/M-66
Ghost in the Shell
The Matrix (if also watching sequels, take blue pill)
Blade Runner
Edge of Tomorrow (then go read the book/manga All You Need is Kill)
Vexille

>Duncan is the Warhammer TV guy, right?

Praise be unto Him.

>I've already gone through all of GitS, currently going through Appleseed, then have Bubblegum Crisis.

Are you me?

Be sure to watch the original BGC (2032-2033) in Japanese. It loses a lot without Kinuko Oomori's slammin' vocals blasting 80's rock into your head. Watching the watered-down version available on iTunes is like trying to groove to William Shatner's cover of "Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds" without having heard The Beatles' version first.

Watch Kamen Rider Kabuto. It's live action and it fucking train wrecks had but the suits are beautiful and you will get a lot of inspiration from it.

Tiger and Bunny has similiar mecha suit designs compared to PanO, you would get a lot out of it as well.

Gundam Thunderbolt has style out the ass and you might get a buzz from it too.

also go to /m/ and ask.

Holy shit, user, like your previous wips, that looks awesome. This is pro painted and not what you find in ebay.

Me again.

Eureka 7, very stylised. Very very slow story but it's got a good cast to entertain you. Think of it as 2000 skaters become terrorists and surf the sky with robots.

Danball senki is worth a watch if you don't mind kids shows. Kids have indestructible robots and fight with them.

basically finished Lucius now, the shoes could probably do with another highlight and I need to finish basing him but he's basically there.
aside from slightly lumpy primer I think it's turned out pretty well, he's a really characterful model and I enjoyed working on him
I just wish he was better in games

Vexille might be the only thing on that list I havn't seen/have queued up to watch, looks cool.

Good to know, I'll seek out that version instead.

Does Thunderbolt keep that sweet sweet jazz from the trailer through the whole series (two episodes)? Cause if so, I'm in.

Yes, experimental jazz in almost every fight.

Can someone help me identify this dreadnought? I bought it secondhand from a hobby shop and have no idea what chapter its from. I was thinking deathwatch at first. But this is my first space marines model.

what game is this mini from?

That's the Assault on Black Reach Dread. Nice little model. I'm real fond of the 'starter sets' that GW does, like Black Reach and Dark Vengeance. I could serve as a one man hype engine for Dark Vengeance.

Malifaux

Does anyone save a lot of pics from here? I saw this gorgeous looking Tzeentchian Knight (the mech kind) and I can't find it at all scrolling back through previous threads. I thought it was pretty recent though.

Looks like Black Templars from the little symbol.

Oh, as for the chapter, it's a 'generic' one. The stuff in the Black Reach is all generic, can be what chapter you want. Fair note, box art does have them painted as Ultrasmurfs, but I am pretty sure none of the minis actually have Ultra iconography on them.

I remember when I didn't have an airbrush. Those were silly times.

Amazing work, keep postin stuff.

looks nice, but yeah don't highlight black with white. it inspired me to finish this.

fuck transfers though. this one was slightly too large so it has some clear transfer hanging over the edge. I also fucked up because his right shoulder pad has a scroll on it so I couldn't put it there

Thanks. I was looking for a while and couldnt find this model. Ive also picked up these grey knights but some of them are missing backpacks. If i buy bitz on ebay would they fit the pewter models?

Forgot image

Yes, they use the same backpacks as normal marines. I actually just sold 35 of those metal guys today

Shake it with the fury of a thousand suns before you use it.

Anyone have a guide or tips for how to do a forest base? Want to do my DA as if they were on Caliban.

My warboss from previous thread.

And the backside

do you have to thin the Vallejo Surface Primers? If so, with what? Water or matte medium?

I missed a couple of small spots on the last mini I primed, and they're not large enough to keep spraying, but in the affected areas, the spray primer really didn't reach.

Noice ya git.

Hey is there anyone who can show me the scale of a dark eldar scourges and their wings?

Almost finished washes on these guys. I've got a couple of questions.

Is the iron hands head too purple? I want to do a pale dead flesh look. Should I remove his red bolter and give him a steel and white one (like a iron hand stern guard)? I just feel there is too much colour on him.