MTG spoilers

Daretti ate grenzos black edition

for those who havent seen them yet

last one

Why is all vaguely decent red draw incredibly expensive.

>So Daretti gains black and Grenzo loses it? The fuck?

My inner Timmy loves this so much.

Oh, no!

A character shifted colors of mana required!

It's meaningful!

... Still, I hope we get some Grenzo featured black cards.

For the same reason I like the Stand mini cycle for Ajani. (which features all colors he would be.)

Grenzo will get out of hand, very, very fast.

you can keep everyone goaded for a long time so long as you have a couple of fliers.

There is no reason for those shifts. user explained in the last thread why Daretti is part black because of his story on the motherboard. But with Grenzo being all red now, the reason for Darettis colorshift is redundant. Furthermore, Grenzo being all red doesn't fit as well as him being RB.

Why can't daretti shift to part black as of his own accord? Why does he need grenzo to help it?

Anyone thinking of building a cube out of this set?

Can you combo these during draft? Seems interesting.

What the fuck is that wording?

He doesn't need help, but Wizards thought he did anyways so now we're getting a pointless color shift when we could have easily just had one.

I'm guessing no, because you make your guess AS they draft it, then the bird triggers WHEN they draft it

If you guess right with any spire phantasm, all the ones you drafted get the cantrip.
Animus of predation works the same way. They both get the abilities even if you pick it later.

Hell, this card could represent Grenzo in his having a hell of a time mode. Where he is not being secretive.

That's because WotC doesn't want, in black border land, for two cards in the same deck to be treated differently by the game.

Well, there's also the fact that if they didn't say "for a card named ~" it likely wouldn't work, because the card on the battlefield would be treated as a different object than the card that was drafted. Doing it this way keeps the identity of the card outside the game, where it can't change.

>no reprints announced today

So Modernfags only get Inquisition and Visions, right? I mean I didn't ask for anything so those two are nice, but damn. I guess there's a ton of nice uncommons and commons to sneak in, like Sakura-Tribe Elder or something.

When's the full spoiler reveal?

>In my krenko deck
>huehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehue

I feel like more will come today. Friday is full spoilers isnt is? I thought supplementary products only had 1 week.

>If you guess right with any spire phantasm, all the ones you drafted get the cantrip.

Ooooh ok

I think I'm going to skip this new set, it's getting kind of crazy.

There is a practical reason. Maro explained that planeswalkers cards are made recounting the latest walkers to enter the format by colour and making sure there is a balance among them. Now, that may not apply to this set because it isn't standard legal, but it is also true than in any given set, Wizards balances out the Mythics each color receives. Daretti's colours were decided because they needed a black/red mythic to balance them ouy in all likelyhood. That, or because they felt te need to give Vintage / Legacy a strong walker that made those colours more relevant.

That explains Daretti's shift, but what about Grenzo's?, Well, grenzo was shifted simply because it'd feel repetitive to have two major B/R Goblin characters, which is the same reason Ulrich of the Krallenhorde got moved to Eldritch Moon, to make place for Aillinn Kord.

However there is no next set in the block here, so they preferred to make a monored Grenzo and make it good to compensate than cutting him entirely from the set.

So has anyone else noticed that this guy is a red 2 mana Bident of Thassa?

Between goad, melee and monarchy, maybe drafting an aggro deck might actually be viable in multiplayer. I doubt it because it will probably put a target on you, but maybe.

Fuck yeeeeeees

>Exile mill new wincon for Krenko

Much excite

Where is the synergy? Are they reprinting aggressive mining? Reprinting bounce lands?

of course goad shifts some of that target to other players while tapping non vigilance creatures thereby removing blockers!

Who cares about synergy, that's $20+ I won't have to spend on the card now. Plus, this turn one in draft could be back breaking. You could potentially have a nice fat 3-5 drop out that makes you Monarch and be refilling your hand turn 2.

Source: /r/magicTCG exclusive spoiler

oh dear.

so, is conspiracy 2 electric boogaloo going to have more value then the fucking modern/eternal masters

On a pack-to-pack basis, no I don't think so. However, you can get 3-4 conspiracy boosters for the price of a single MM/EM booster, sooooo yeah, you might have a better chance of opening something good for the money spent.

This set has the added benefit of not being entirely reprints, though. Whatever isn't highly-valued immediately has the chance to rise over time due to EDH or cubing whereas all the low-value cards of EMA will always be low value

Reminder that 1) both walkers in this set are black, and 2) Kaya is a nigress with an afro whose abilities steal and make her go to jail.

Daretti is cool tho

I always wondered... why the limitation about before combat step? Would it be broken without that?

If you can use it after combat, it just becomes "destroy target creature that attacked this turn", and the power buff never really applies.

More value based on a money in, money out basis, ya. Masters packs being 10 bucks really fucks any value you get out of them.

It's like Wizards knew they've been fucking up with their Masters sets and decided to throw as much value as they can into this one.

Dear god, Maro is finally learning.

me and grenzo rollin' in a benzo

I sure hope they never print a Koth card again. I almost don't want them to print any non-white character just so I don't have to read this fucking chaff for years.

I really need to make a graphic for spoiler season. Fucking great card name, right up there with wave of vitriol.

>Target creature
Why do they refuse to give us burn.

It has garbage in the name.

That's going right into my cube

>3 mana for 5+ damage to opponent

I always thought of it like this: Urza was a five color walker, yes? But the only card of him available is Blind Seer -- a U card. There are loads of cards that feature Urza casting them, but for the most part, those cards are White, Blue, and Black. There's only one Red card Urza is depicted as casting, IIRC, Urza's rage.

This means, to me, that Urza could be printed as WUBRG, WUB, or just U just as accurately. Each of these color identities suit Urza, as he seems most prone to using Blue magic, quite comfortable using White and Blue, and only rarely uses Red or Green (although he's still capable of doing so.)

Just because a 'walker is capable of casting a color of magic, doesn't mean that that color need be on every card they are. I don't think Sarkhan forgot how to use Black magic, for example, or that he temporarily lost access to Green magic when he first visited Tarkir (see: Sarkhan, the Dragonspeaker), it just means that that card only expresses his Red features. I use 'walkers here simply because they're the most common recurring characters, but I don't see any reason why this shouldn't also be true for regular legendary creatures.

yeah that is my thought too. The best part is you would only have to draft it with high value once, any other ones you draft will all have that same value.

Muh
>that new art
DICK

What is "goad"?

target creature must attack but cannot attack you.

It's a little wordy, but basically, you force an opponent's creature to attack (someone else)

Mistranslation or typo of Goat. Combo with pic related.

>goblin_burning_sets_of_eternal_masters.png

mm yes this will go quite will with muh Gahiji deck

Oh okay, thanks user

and the actual reminder text

WHERE IS MUZZIO?!
WHERE IS SELVALA?!
They are both confirmed not dead, so where are they?

Selvala is definitely coming, she's on one of the Conspiracies.

we still got like 150 cards to show, i bet we will get to them.

The gobbos story this Wednesday mentioned that Muzzio was "in exile" so he's questionable.
Adriana goes to see Selvala to propose a shift to a Republic so she's pretty much confirmed.

Huh

Right now the only thing I can think of using this for is the dragon they revealed today. Atleast to get the stats/dragon spawning for a cheaper cost.

Almost all current revealed creatures have ETB effects....

If someone has some experience drafting and playing Conspiracy set, how long does it take? I'm assuming it could take tremendously more time than a normal draft.

I mean if there's even just a common vanilla fatty you could just exile three of them and get it on the cheap/in an off color deck.

The way the store I drafted it in groups of 4, and the winner of those matches got the 1st place prize so individual prizes were less than a normal draft, but it was probably one of the funnest drafts I've done. Various groups take various amounts of time especially because it brings a lot of people going with friends and significant others so politics become a bitch

Any chance I can build a *cheap* monarch deck?
Is every monarch card rare?

I was trying to be as efficient as possible though, looking for something 5mana +

>BERSERK REPRINT
THE ABSOLUTE MADMEN

WHERE WERE YOU WHEN CONSPIRACY 2 WAS CONFIRMED FOR THE BEST SET

I don't have a lot of personal experience, but my lgs has regular group game drafts, often with at least one conspiracy pack. they also use "the rumble rule" which I know was mentioned in at least one article by stuborski. even with that rule multiplayer draft still takes I'd say 4ish hours unless someone goes completely off the rails. things like melee and the monarch mechanic are trying to encourage aggression, which is the purpose of the rumble rule as well, and these stop games from being even longer as the whole table just turtles.

Someone needs to make a Jin Yang edit from Silicon Valley.

It does take a while, especially if you have a bunch of slow readers. The best way to speed it up is to have plentiful pens and a stack of papers ready to fit in sleeves for everyone so they understand how naming cards and noting picks would work in the practical sense.
The upside is that the multiplayer match is usually just 1-and-done so all told it takes the same amount of time as a regular draft and rounds.

I got out of EDH a while back but this new Grenzo makes me want to build a cheap deck for no other reason than I think he can get away with it. Just run a deck with a shit ton of mana rocks and cheap weenies. The weenies land hits, you cast everyone else's stupid shit.

but it's at random so you need three creatures that are all 5+ mana and equally good and not situational. off-color fat seems the easiest way to go with it unless some amazing shit fell in your lap.

The monarch mechanic cards aren't going to have any significant value as they are totally irrelevant outside the conspiracy limited enviroment.

Unless there's some loophole which could produce a powerful staple for some actual format. As in Council's Judgment.

MOnarch seems like it's legal in commander

The Chimera is super tiny as 3/2! You can pick any overcosted dregs and get a better deal than that.

It'd be a fun mechanic for politics in edh.

What do you mean, I can introduce the monarch mechanic to any game with cards that say " I become the monarch"

It doesn't target opponents.

Exactly, read the post chain

That's the point, mate.

Urza is actually known to be WUBR. He dibs in all magics except green ones.

>You piss off target creature so bad it can't stop itself slapping the shit out of its own allies and everyon around it
I love this flavor. I can hear that goblin snickering like fucking Muttley.

They are obviously saving Muzzio for Conspiracy 3.

this card is awesome.

To be fair, WOTC has said they would never do an Urza card.

But they already did.

THey did an urza card a while ago. It was some blue creature

I wouldn't count blind seerer though, that was just Urza in disguise, and thus not representative of him in prime. If WWW threads have taught me anything about Urza, its that hes supposed to be close to Big E or Legends EU Palpatine in terms of power level.

You mean Blind Seer?

There is no chance they DON'T go back on that one.

>Urza in disguise
>not Urza

>There is no chance they DON'T go back on that one.
Can we get Freyalise back then.

Or literally any other green planeswalker.

I don't think it's possible for me to hate a planeswalker more than nissa

That was pre-Mending, before the powerlevel of all planeswalkers went to shit.

These days Urza would still be powerful but more because of being a master wizard rather than a walker, nowhere close to Emmy or other powerful entities.

Uh, does it trigger more than once if more than one creature deals damage?