We all know about werewolves, but what other were-creatures are in your setting? Can a cow be a were-horse...

We all know about werewolves, but what other were-creatures are in your setting? Can a cow be a were-horse? What's the term for an animal that is a were of another animal?

I don't see why not.

Not sure if there's a word for it

since "were" means human, a cow that turns into a horse would be a cow-horse

I'm now seeing a scenario where an bear has been bitten by a were-eagle, and turns into an eagle on a full moon or some shit.

Just flies about minding it's own business, having the time of it's life, swooping down, grabbing some salmon, until morning when a bear inexplicably falls out of the sky and lands on the fucking cleric.

I wish more people knew this.
Really grinds my gears when people use "were" wrong

This seems appropriate here

Can you have more than one Were-form? For example: a dude is walking down the street with 20 HP when suddenly he gets jumped by a werewolf, weretiger, werebear, and were-eagle. They all do a bite attack for and leave the guy to fail all four FORT saves bleeding on the street. Which Were does he become? Does he become a were-chimera? Is his were-form randomly one of the four each time he transforms?

Fucking Australia. Everything there is a mistake. It's like some horrible magic showdown from fiction happened there, and the background magical radiation made it a hellhole. And then the British went, "This seems fine."

Australia was Atlantis and it's rocket thrusters resettled it in the Pacific after the great cataclysm

Well at that point, he's dead

Or maybe the conflicting transformation magics end up putting organs in the wrong place or giving him brittle, hollow bones which cannot support his weight.

We wuz Atlantians?

>And then the British went, "This seems fine."
No, the British sent their criminals, perverts, public menaces, and mental incompetents there to die. And somehow they made a society there.

they still outcompeted the aboriginals

Huh, I never knew Arlinn Kord was barefoot in that pic

He becomes the new ecoterrorist BBEG, and when the party finally confronts him, he reveals his horrible true form, which resembles a cross between an aborted fetus and a megazord.

>inb4 still better than the USA, society-wise

She's wearing some kind of toeless leather foot-wrap, actually, from the looks of it.

I mean, I was just making a bad joke about drop-bears, but that could actually be a good bit of world building there, user.

We wuz

That could make for a funny setting, or even a kind of neat serious setting if you put enough work into it

This has opened my eyes.