Pick any album in your head. Got one? Good

Pick any album in your head. Got one? Good.
Now write a one-sentence basic setting idea based on that album.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=qE4Ms0-OyZY
youtube.com/watch?v=pP4Aa6NBpLE
youtu.be/sC7iR577OQw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Japan already did it
I wouldn't even mind it as a setting

The Evil Wizard Zargothrax has been unsealed from his frozen prison and is on a quest to destroy all life in the universe by unleashing the elder god Korviliath from the 18th Hell Dimension by using the Goblin King's crystal key in the ancient caverns beneath the mighty citadel of Dundee -- only the forces of justice led by valiant hero Angus McFife the 13th can stop him.

Are you a bad enough dude to kill Dr. Wily, his eight robot masters and your brother?

A heavily emotional society creates artificial intelligence to do the logical work while they experiment with art. However, the AI are influenced by what they see in society and question their existence, and if they too can feel or create.

>Nightfall in Middle Earth
Well, shit.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=qE4Ms0-OyZY

>So there's this ring, right?...

Every Dio album is just the GM flipping to a random page in the Monster Manual, exaggerating the evil traits by tenfold, then throwing it at the players. The PCs are similarly exaggerated versions of the basic classes, and everything has a nonsense name that actually starts making sense once explained.

First one I thought of was literally Act II: The Father of Death

I feel like that's cheating...

THE FATE OF US ALL

I always wanted to do something for the B side of this album. The shit reads like a giant war campaign setting of some sort.

>Stronghold and Stronghold Crusader OST
WELP

LIES DEEP IN THE DARK

I don't know the details but it would be pretty depressing

The sky is turning red over a local village, heralding the return of a resurgent power that draws ever nearer.

People assume the apocalypse is beginning as wounds open in the sky and it begins to rain blood.

WHEN TIME STANDS STILL AT THE IRON HILL

Cozy as fuck early modern outlaws and highwaymen

I'll call it...

Battlebludgeon Bignumber

The Scions of Summer are long gone, and eternal winter is fast approaching.

I saw them live. Fucking beautiful show. Got a shirt and a pic with the guitarist. He was hammered.

But Unknown Armies is already a thing.

Is Brit Sandwich a Cuddle position?

>Wizard tried to reach heaven, and all was sundered for his hubris
Fairly standard I guess, still all the stuff involving Werewolves and Tarot might be cool

I think I already got it.
youtube.com/watch?v=pP4Aa6NBpLE

HAIL! TO CRAIL!

This is actually pretty fantastic.

Oh damn, this is pretty good.

The Purple Piper, Yellow Jester, Fire Witch, Pattern Juggler and Black Queen go on adventures for the Crimson King.

>Otherworldly motorbike riding metal god plunges in to Earth, it causes a global war between the forces of good and evil.

PCs are on a race against time as madness borne from cosmic creatures starts to overtake them and the population, starting with those who suffer from greed.

You get inside collective consciousness of all kids where all their worst thoughts and fears are turned up to 11.

well fuck you
YOU ARE A PARTY OF SPACE DWARF KNIGHTS
[/spoiler]YOU MEET A GOD,DIO AND A DOOMGUY
TOGETHER YOU BATTLE THE CHAOS WIZARDS FOR THE FATE OF DUNDEE AND BEYOND
ARE YOU MAN ENOUGHT TO TAKE ON THE ZOMBIE UNICORNS?

You are trapped in a virtual reality worlds.com

>he hasn't seen that image and he doesn't know the answer either
new

I have, sadly it was a while back so I have since forgotten. I also wanted to make joke, I hear that is popular among most humans.

Wew user. Go back to FFN or where you came from. Weirdo.

How incredibly rude, and here I was to believe the realm of magic know as teege would be an inviting place where all other boards could come, as there was no need for any other. I shalt henceforth take my leave and return to the plane from whence I came, /qa/ :^).

The universe has become a stagnated and corrupt corporate controlled wasteland where technology, life, and your 9-5 job are one and the same. Will you join a freedom fighting technomancers crusader to shut the system down with a super virus even if it means reverting to papyrus?

Too be fair we do ban various degenerates purely on moral standings such as but not limited to /u/ and /pol/.

>literally every electro-industrial ever

The war is ending, your home is no more, as the final struggles are fading, you must find a new life.

Eh

>Plastic Beach

Sea levels rise. Now tge only dry land is artificial metal and plastic settlements. Like waterworld except it maybe sucks less.

There's a land that has long since been forgotten. Its capital, once a beacon for every valorous man, has been burned to the ground. In this city only few still "live"... Or, as I might say, linger, trying to accomplish what they couldn't do in life, for death by fire stopped them all.
In the castle they live.
The piper is playing his tune, whike a choir of children is gently singing.
A jester is pulling the strings of what once were soldiers, and wives and elders.
The queen is chanting her march, trying to bring back the fire witch, this time to burn the whole world down.
And on a lonely throne the Crimson King is waiting for death in his court.

>I don't like music others like
>who cares if they got crazy reviews those are just shills or normies
>only losers listen to mainstream i'll take my Indie Ska on a 4" EP made from the artists compressed shit

?
How'd you draw those conclusions from that post?

>Want to post el angel caĆ­do for all my Spanish speaking negros.
>Unsure if I can compress it in one sentence.

Reincarnated paladin finds out he has the soul of this setting's satan, tries to find his waifu during countless lives, and the both get striken down each time because God is the real BBEG and can only be defeated by the power of love and metal but if you kill him the world ends.

Censoring nip because I've seen Royo art getting banned

Man I got an easy one.

Why post it then?
>oh gosh anons, please look at and praise my great musical taste

Nah fuck off.

Uh. I really don't know where to go with this.

That said, listen to this album. It's fucking great.

>listening to dadrock literally everyone knows
>great taste
You imply a lot of strange things about me, user.

Its the meme response from /mu/ for deltron posters. You get similar shit for gorillaz or daft punk or any mainstream band really. It almost always comes down to them calling people who like those bands "normies" while defending indie bands and ska. Hell last vans they went crazy cause ska was everywhere as well as some bands you could call indie even though they've existed since the 80's, had a moment in the sun then died only to have their corpse shamble around and sing occasionally.
It's like when someone starts jew posting and everyone shouts /pol/ or pasta's in /b/'s anti-feminist threads.

Odd paranormal occurrences begin, largely rooted in the existence of a world other than ours and the death of the world's end catalyst.

>dadrock
>ewww gross my newage synthautotunism is so complicated and intricate here lemme play the same 5 notes and have a seizure on stage

YOU ARE A PIRATE
YOU SAIL THE SEVEN SEAS AND FIGHT MONSTERS
IT'S FUCKIN METAL

I seriously can't solve this, explain?

Great. Now you reminded me of how flogging molly screwed us over in my city recently and i have yet to receive a refund.

One man. His dog, and his ride are all that stands in the way of the Cult trying to destroy all life.

What happened?

Metal Up.. er.. well, it's metal as fuck. But not necessarily dark. Nobledark maybe?

...hmm.. I think I got it. The gentle spirits of the river and forest have left us, all there is left is the echo of their music and the hearts of men as they forge their destiny anew!

"Silently burgered" now say it in an english accent because of the actor and burger should be pronounced as "buggered" then google what "buggered" means.

Showed up for an outdoors show then it rained and they pulled equipment while people waited for shit to happen cause the venue has a rain or shine policy.
After an hour we left and others went to the indoor bar at the venue where they band pulled out their acoustics and played an "unofficial" show. In reality what happened was the venue opened the doors once enough people left to conform to fire and safety code's capacity laws.
Now those that got screwed is a halfassed allusion on twitter that makes it sound like they'll be back someday and our tickets will apparently be good then and we just gotta sit on it.

Sixth Bond, #9 on the menu.

Ambitious (if nerdly) Rogue Trader blazes through the Imperium searching for the greatest cup of coffee as he destroys worlds with his sick riffs.

The*
The laws for an indoor show*

A group of bards discover the truth about a corrupt king and being a journey across the desolate land to take his head and free themselves and the people.

After the resurrection of a famous celebrity, the walls between the worlds are crumbling, and more and more malign entities are attempting to take Earth for their own. It's not a big deal. Oh, and Ronald Reagan's there as well.

Guess we're doing an all-paladins/clerics game.

Damn, that was the first album in my head as well. That's definitely one way to go. Interesting idea, premise for an adventure. With nowhere to return, you have to go out and make something for yourself.

Wait a second...

I was stumped to think of something that would really match, but I just realized it.
>Whole party are all sent to the Hells to test their ideals and their devotion to their deity. Those that make it all the way through become a champion of their god or a lesser god in their own right.

>Pink Floyd's The Wall
A low magic setting where the broken down city full of Slaanesh-tier freaks is cut off from the rest of the world via a big wall and they party aspires to tear it down.

I swear, Blind Guardian must be the most Veeky Forums-approved band out there

You know what must be done.

>[board]-approved
What a shitty meme. Why would anyone let this shithole of a collective consciousness guide their opinions? Look at what it did to /pol/.

Pierce Brosnan.
Hamburger bun.
Pierce'd buns.

I don't disagree
youtu.be/sC7iR577OQw
I entirely disagree.

not like in comics baby
with economics baby
atomic bomb it, yeah

>PCs accomplish their quest
>outside the wall is verdant and beautiful
>then a man in a silk suit stands before them
>"You have to go back"

Last night i pierced bun's your sister?
Sounds retardedly. It's gotta be "silently burgered" with a brit accent to make it say "buggered" only one that makes legit sense.

But user-Kun it already was.
[/spoiler] A Empire build game based around one of the most badass fifteen year olds ever.

Last night I pierced your sister's buns
What you're arguing for makes too many assumptions on the image creators nationality.

Seriously guys.

It's the 6th Bond, and a #9 on the McDonalds menu

It's a 69 joke.

A world of war, loss, homesickness, seduction, and innocence lost.

Easy. Beyond the Red Mirror: Weird Adventures on the Otherside. Sci-fi/fantasy hybrid full of pretentious philosophizing and epic battles of magic and song. The players could begin as inhabitants of sunless Discordia, suffering under the reign of Mordred. Or, they could be from our world after the technocrat Caesar merged all religions into one and deleted music from existence. Either way, they soon find themselves wrapped up in the ploys of Crow and the struggles of Arthur.

Nah. Thats too lowbrow for such a sophisticated setup.

>You

>oglaf_overthinking.png

Horribly depressing slice of life?

Nice /mu/core. Still listening to NMH?

Neutral Milk Hotel? Can't say I'm familiar

I can't say it would be a very good one.

Probably a grimdark WW2-modern setting culminating in some sort of apocalypse.

>Warrior on the edge of time
>Any Moorcock Novel
>Moorplots actually wrote lyrics for this band

20 Years in History

PCs are Vampires living through 20 years of history.

Such a sick fucking album.

Definitely a story of tyrants and war and betrayal.

> all the stuff involving Werewolves and Tarot weill definitely be cool

ftfy

YESSSSSSSSSS

>somebody posted a vaguely funny thing
> they must want attention for other stuff
> I will insult them now

/v/ plz leave

Damn thanks user, this is pretty dope