Dragonball Quest #82

>>Previous threads

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?searchall=dragonball quest

>>Information

This quest, as the title suggests, takes place in the world of Dragon Ball. You're playing as a nineteen year old man named Tofoo, and will adventure through the story of the Dragonball series alongside characters such as Goku, Yamcha, Bulma, Tien, and many others. Through your actions, you can make significant changes to the story, and perhaps even become the strongest fighter on Earth.

>Rules

At the end of each update you'll have ten minutes to vote on options. Write-ins are allowed, but I do reserve the right to veto them.

In the event of a draw, the option to receive the next vote wins

Rolls will be used on certain occasions, such as attempting a technique for the first time or attempting something extremely difficult. You will have three rolls, and if one succeeds, you succeed. There are no crits.

Rolls are made AFTER an option wins, not during the voting process

I hope everyone has fun.

>Current Saga

Dragonball Hunt

>>youtube.com/watch?v=z4-20yY_jcQ

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eBef_JGNjLc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

beating the rock

2nd for head challa

waiting warmly for SOM quest!

It's time. Let's make this monkey a king.

The search for the Dragonballs seems as if it's finally getting underway.

Finding the first one wasn't much of a search. After all, it was sitting right outside of West City, and Goku was able to get it with Bulma's help in about an hour.

This next one is well out of the way, and in a village instead of the woods right next to the big city. It sounds like this the search for this ball will be a little more similar to your previous hunts.

Still, it should be pretty easy to retrieve this Dragonball, and really, all the others. With how strong you and Goku have become, there isn't a whole lot than can threaten the two of you. All you really need to worry about is protecting Bulma.

But, this ball may come with an added challenge, one that you aren't sure you can overcome without a miracle.

You want to get Goku a date, and it sounds like this Misa girl who lives in the area might just be the one you're able to set Goku up with.

As you pilot the Dark Nimbus toward the next ball, you can't help but wonder what lies in store. It's an adventure, but a new kind.

>A. Ask Goku about Misa

>B. Ask Bulma how much further it is

>C. Suggest Goku get this ball alone while you and Bulma hunt for another

>D. Something else

>B. Ask Bulma how much further it is
>C. Suggest Goku get this ball alone while you and Bulma hunt for another

Hopefully we can get the balls before Piccolo does something terrible.

What could Piccolo do right now that wouldn't result in you and Goku rearranging his ass with his face?

I meant do anything to someone or something before we find him.

He can take pretty much anyone else on the planet except for us, so I'm okay with splitting up to get things done quicker in this scenario.

If it were Krillin or something, I'd want him to stay close. But Goku is strongest.

Piccolo could do anything he wants right now as long as he bails before Goku or Tofoo shows up.

"How much further is it?" you ask Bulma as the Nimbus and Dark Nimbus race toward the next Dragonball.

"We should be there in a few minutes," she answers, glancing down at the radar.

"Goku, why don't you go after this ball alone?" you suggest. "Bulma and me can go find another one while you take care of it."

"Alright," Goku says, sounding a bit surprised, but not upset or anything. "See you guys soon."

The Nimbus cloud picks up speed, leaving you and Bulma behind as Goku makes way for the village.

"Why are we splitting up?" Bulma asks. "I thought you wanted to try and get Goku a date at that village."

>A. You'll find this ball and get to Goku before he finds his

>B. You want to find Piccolo as quickly as possible

>C. There'll be time to play matchmaker when all of this is over

>D. Something else

>>A. Ask Goku about Misa

Eh, not sure, I think Krillin could hold him off for a while.
Despite not receiving Kami training, he didn't do halfbad against Goku.

>>A. You'll find this ball and get to Goku before he finds his

>A.

Krillin could put up a good fight against Piccolo, but I would say Piccolo is a little bit stronger

Yeah. Krillin could probably hold him off for a little, but he'd eventually lose though. And unfortunately the Z Fighters never think to get radios or bluetooth or anything.

>C. There'll be time to play matchmaker when all of this is over

Yep, he would probably be the one biting the dust in the end, but he would not be helpless.
Unlike the canon.

How would Tao have fared against Piccolo?

"We'll find the next ball and get back to Goku before he even finds the one he's after," you tell Bulma with confidence. "So, where is the next ball?"

Taking one arm from his position around your neck, she retrieves the Dragon Radar once again, hitting the button on top of it to expand the range.

"About a hundred miles South," she tells you, pointing in that direction. "Shouldn't take long to reach."

The Dark Nimbus changes course, making a sharp turn and heading to the South. A hundred miles is not a particularly long trip for your cloud, so you reach your destination fairly quickly.

Or, rather, you get close to it. That's when you notice a pair of fighter jets heading right for you.

"Maybe they're just passing through?" Bulma suggests nervously.

As if just to prove her wrong, the planes open fire, and you bring the Nimbus into a dive, avoiding the gunfire and dropping toward the ground.

The planes shoot over your head, then circle around and come at you again.

>A. Tell the Dark Nimbus to get Bulma to safety while you confront the jets

>B. Keep flying the Nimbus, and Bear Shout one of the planes down (40)

>C. Keep flying the Dark Nimbus, and use two guided Light Shots (50)

>D. Something else

That would have been a close fight

In canon, Krillin did pretty well, all things considered.

>C. Keep flying the Dark Nimbus, and use two guided Light Shots (50)

Oh shiiiiit. Did they have any markings?

C.

>Canon
>Humans doing well

Why did Tao become that strong, anyway?

>C.

He ended up with 18, so he did better than any of us ever could.

_____________Gero._____________

M E M E
A
G
I
C

You didn't see any. Not yet, anyway

>Put up a decent fight against Piccolo Junior

>Killed three saibamen with one attack

>Nearly killed Nappa, would have succeeded had Vegeta not warned him

>Helped defeat Vegeta

>Cut off Freeza's tail

>Convinced Trunks to save 16, ultimately leading to Cell's defeat

>Knocked up #18

He got in touch with the right people

This guy gets it.

Well, in Dragon Ball they were able to keep up, mostly.
It's in Dragon Ball Z that Toriyama made everything about Saiyans.
Worst mistake of the series if you ask me, it made everything pretty boring.
#keeptheotherhumansrelevant
I'm around thread 140 of the DBZHQ anyway, the King Piccolo arc is... interesting.

ROLL

Rolled 58 (1d101)

... Damn, Gero?
I fear that the Androids arc will be even worse.

Rolled 10 (1d100)

Praise Hanabi Does her luck follow us in every quest?

>the King Piccolo arc is... interesting.
That's one fucking way to put it.

Rolled 77 (1d100)

Now maybe my quest will have some variety.

>Not seen: Tofoo under the bubbles

>the King Piccolo arc is... interesting.
Hahahahahahahaha

HAHAHAHAHA!

No comment

And you guys have already changed the Android Saga a great deal

Haha

100% agree. Saiyan and absurd power creep went too far.

It's going to be Shen and Tao instead of 18 and 17 coming after us isn't it?

We might have to kill 16 now don't we?

Why do the Androids get weaker the higher the number goes?

"Hang on," you tell Bulma before bringing the Nimbus into a steep climb.

The planes continue to pursue, firing on you and as they slowly close in on the two of you.

"Do something!" Bulma shouts.

Turning your upper body, you take one hand off Bulma, holding your palm toward the oncoming planes.

A ball of light emerges, and you send it toward the oncoming aircraft. It moves faster than the pilots can react, striking one aircraft in the wing and sending it into an uncontrollable spin.

The other aircraft decelerates, keeping its distance as it continues to fire on your cloud. When you fire another Light Shot, the pilot has enough time to react, and turns out of the way.

But, the pilot doesn't expect you to be able to control the blast, so when you bring the Light Shot around and direct it toward the back of the plane, he doesn't even know it's coming.

The ship explodes in a fiery blast, bits of wreckage falling to the ground below.

"Can't we go anywhere without somebody shooting at us?" Bulma asks.

>A. Go down and examine the wreckage

>B. Keep heading toward the Dragonball

>C. Something else

>A. Go down and examine the wreckage
The dragonballs are a big priority, but the waifu could have been harmed. We have to know what's up with these guys.

>C. No
>>B. Keep heading toward the Dragonball

B.

>>B. Keep heading toward the Dragonball

"Nope," you answer, continuing on toward the Dragonball.

"That was weird though, right?" Bulma asks as the two of you continue on your path. "Those guys just attacked us out of nowhere. I don't think we're near any military bases or anything."

You don't think you've actually seen a military base in your entire life. Well, unless you count the Red Ribbon Army, who had several outposts. But in all your journeys, you've never run afoul of an official military force, and you're out in the middle of nowhere, far from any kingdoms or cities that would have an army.

"Tofoo, look out!" Bulma shouts.

A loud boom from below gets your attention, and the Dark Nimbus steers out of the way to avoid the new round of fire.

Looking down, you spot a single, moderately-sized building surrounded by tanks, guns, and soldiers.

Flying above the building is a flag with the image of a red ribbon.

>A. Turn around, and find a safe place to leave Bulma (20)

>B. Keep flying, and take out the guns (40)

>C. Keep flying, and take out the tanks (50)

>D. Keep flying and take out both (75)

>E. Blast a hole in the building, and get inside with Bulma (70)

>F. Something else

Wrong

And you were part of the reason Gero's son died, so probably

>>E. Blast a hole in the building, and get inside with Bulma (70)
I wonder if Gero would borg Bulma

A.
Defeating these people until now hasn't been a challenge, the problem is keeping Bulma Safe.

ROLL

Rolled 19 (1d100)

Rolled 23 (1d100)

Rolled 40 (1d100)

Rolled 82 (1d100)

Thank god we kept it on the safe side.

Next thread when?

Welp, I'm glad we decided to let her down instead of fighting with her.

Never trust diacu with wiafu

Saturday at the earliest, this week has been kind of hectic.

Red Ribbon?
... Shit, we shouldn't have allowed Black to get away, eh? I mean, he was the brains behind everything.

What quest?

Future Nardo Quest, it's about oc ninjas in the future

You're sure that you can handle these goons, but if Bulma's with you, she's in grave danger. She can't take bullets and explosions like you can, and she's no warrior.

You have to get her someplace safe.

As the shots keep coming, you turn the Dark Nimbus around, retreating and looking for a safe place for Bulma to hide.

The tanks roll after you, and you can feel the vibrations of more planes as they streak through the sky, heading right for you.

Turning your upper body, you fire another Light Shot, not guiding it, just using it as a deterrent to keep the aircraft from coming any closer.

You're in a rocky wasteland in the middle of nowhere, so your hiding places aren't particularly numerous. The best you can find is a rock formation Bulma can take cover beneath.

>A. Put Bulma there

>B. Keep looking

>C. Something else

>A. Put Bulma there

>C. Something else

Ask her if she's cool with waiting here or somewhere else. Maybe she has input we wouldn't consider.

Supporting

Seconding

Supporting.

"Bulma, are you alright with lying low down there?" you ask.

Bulma looks nervously over your shoulder, watching the oncoming aircraft. When she speaks, there is a good amount of worry in her voice.

"Sure..." she tells you. "Anywhere I'm not being shot at sounds pretty good to me."

You bring the Dark Nimbus down, and the aircraft shoot right above you, circling around for another attack.

The Nimbus comes to a stop right in front of the rock formation, and Bulma hops off, running for cover.

You ascend back into the air, finding the planes already heading right for you. This time, it isn't bullets that come flying your way. Instead, the trio of aircraft fire missiles in your direction.

>A. Take the hits

>B. Blast the missiles out of the air (20)

>C. Avoid the missiles, and take out the planes (40)

>D. Something else

DC to blow the back?

To blow them off course? 25

To make them hit the planes 95

>>B. Blast the missiles out of the air (20)
Stray missiles don't make for a safe workspace.

>B. Blast the missiles out of the air (20)

Mmmh.
C.

>Reaches the end of DBZHQ
I... feel cockblocked.

Nvm, I'm a fucktard.

No, SOM was the fucktard.

Couldn't have just said 'Hey going on hiatus'
Had to be retarded.

Well at least we got other DB quests out of that.

Yeah, bad decision on my part

ROLL

Rolled 22 (1d100)

Rolled 96 (1d100)

We forgive you Som.

You do spend countless hours working on quests for us and get mostly salt in return. I want you to know we only salt because we're invested.

That does make me feel a little better about it, thanks

Rolled 67 (1d100)

I salt because we don't suplex enough things.

Still mad we didn't get to have half demon kids with Kasai.

What did you do for the salt SOM?
t. uninformed QM

With both hands free, you're able to fire off two Light Shots at once, taking out two of the missiles in short order.

As the first two missiles explode without ever reaching their target, the third keeps coming, and you swerve out of the way to avoid it.

The three planes spread out, getting some distance before turning around for another attack. Meanwhile, the remaining missile, seemingly locked onto you, comes at you from the back.

You hold a hand toward it and destroy it easily with a third lightshot, then climb to avoid the fire from the planes.

The give chase, climbing into the air in pursuit and continuing open fire.

>A. Turn around and take them out with Light Shots (30)

>B. Keep evading the projectiles and head back toward the base (40)

>C. Something else

>>A. Turn around and take them out with Light Shots (30)

Sorry, maybe next time

A variety of things, from really bad writing to really harsh consequences.

I kinda want to jump on one of the planes and pull the pilot out and ask what they are going to achieve

>B

Players will bitch and moan about everything. It's something you have to accept as a QM. Any failure, even if it's a joke roll to flick popcorn into your mouth, will have a shitload of people freaking out.

Som got a little harsher of course, and there's a point where players complaints actually are valid, but you need to take things with a grain of salt when players are running into a roadblock or not just auto-winning.

>A. Turn around and take them out with Light Shots (30)
These guys are brave. Too bad they're not explosion-proof.

youtube.com/watch?v=eBef_JGNjLc

A.