Why is Pathfinder so popular with weeaboos?

Why is Pathfinder so popular with weeaboos?

I don't have any problem with weebshit or with Pathfinder, but they really don't seem like two good tastes that go great together.

I know a big part of it is probably inertia, and I guess it makes sense that high-flying fantasy weeby adventures would work well in a high-powered PF campaign where everyone is a caster, but it really seems like there should be a better system for that sort of thing.

What's a better system for that sort of thing?

>how can we make them have fun right?

Hey, I want to have some weeby fun too. I'm just not convinced I should use Pathfinder for it.

Is BESM any good, and if so what's it good for?
What's Exalted 3e got over 2e?

I'm pretty happy with how the containment system is working

You really are worrying too much about system, especially because you're talking about trying to help out a hypothetical stereotype that doesn't really seem interested in your opinions, sort of like how you're too busy constructing imaginary versions of their opinions.

Really, what's the point of this thread? To bait out the two worst groups of trolls, the anti-anime-people who for some reason are on Veeky Forums, and the people who are convinced that 3rd edition killed their parents who for some reason are on Veeky Forums?

Fucking this. I for one, am sick of anti-anime people on Veeky Forums (particularly Veeky Forums)

You are retarded if you think PF is containment for something.

>weeaboos
That's not what the word means.
>What's a better system for that sort of thing?
It really just depends on the group. Any system can lend itself to high flying adventures. Some are just built around it with that thing in mind (Exalted comes to mind)

I have the nagging feeling that there is a proper question behind this thread and OP is just too stupid to express it.

It's because the wealth of character build options and the wealth of completely broken shit means you can make your weebious snowflake character with impunity and great freedom.

>Is BESM any good, and if so what's it good for?
No. It's a strictly worse version of Mutants & Masterminds.

>What's Exalted 3e got over 2e?
Basically everything. Combat is no longer aggressively anti-fun, artifact weapons are no longer a core requirement to participate in combat at all (but are still a core requirement to be the best at it, which is fine), upgrading Essence is no longer this horrendous point- and time-sink because it upgrades automatically, Dawns don't suck anymore, Virtues are finally gone, and Supernal abilities make sure your character can be flat better at what they're trying to be best at no matter how any other caste tries to usurp them.

All the "proper" Touhou systems are lame and either can't actually simulate situations beyond spellcard battles well or are just worse versions of Exalted.

"I want to have high-flying animu adventures; what are some good systems for high-flying animu adventures?"

I think OP is trying to ask, "Why is /pfg/ always animu pictures?"

To which the obvious response would be "Where do you think we are?"

Most of Exalted's flying is under the 1/2 kilometer mark. Is that high enough for you?

Weebs aren't drawn to Pathfinder only, user. They're drawn to this hobby as a whole, and Pathfinder just happened go be the game everybody knows.

There are a few Japanese TTRPGs available in English. Just to name a few: Double Cross, Tenra Bansho Zero, Ryuutama, Grancrest, Shinobigami's being translated, there's a basic translation of Log Horizon out there, same with Nechronica, and a few more that other anons might know better than me.

Ryuutama's surprisingly unweebular, though.

There's samurai and ninja, Japanese weapons, weeby races, monsters from Japanese folklore...you could have a whole campaign set in not!Japan, or just play a Kitsune and have everyone hate you.

To add to this, my bet is that the kind of people looking for escapism find it in D&D (obviously the most well-known tabletop game) independently from finding it in anime. If they start on 3.5e, PF is more or less the next step since it adds in higher power and a lot more freedom to do high fantasy stuff, i.e. anime bullshit.
At least that's how I did it. I bought the core 3.5e books in 6th grade, read PH and DMG cover to cover, found Toonami the next year, and never ended up playing tabletop until college. By then PF got popular and I jumped ship as soon as I made a character in it, since it simplified some of the more tedious parts of character creation and I basically already knew how to play. Granted, I prefer running Fantasy Craft now since it's even more overpowered anime bullshit than PF, but I won't shy away from playing PF otherwise.

1. Mass popularity ensures that it's usually the first and only game beginners play.

2. Huge amounts of options make it easy to make a ridiculous minmax'd power fantasy.

3. Number and rule bloat gives an edge to autists who who have the time and desire to crunch all that.

They should play Anima instead. At least it's trying to feel like some generic late 2000's anime.

>They should play Anima instead.
But anima's crunchier than stale melonpan.

>I prefer running Fantasy Craft now since it's even more overpowered anime bullshit than PF
This [shameless weebiness intensifies] cracked me the fuck up. Thanks, user!

You idiot, stale melonpan is *less* crunchy than fresh. It's effectively cookie dough, it absorbs ambient moisture as it turns stale.

I hear once you have studied character creation for the three years it takes you to get a bachelor's degree or have taken three months of intensive tutoringfrom a veteran, it plays quite well.

And ergo sperg weebs will eat it up. Weebs that are just spazzes instead of spergs should stick with FATE instead; it's vague enough that they can BS whatever battle shounen tropes they're trying to pull.

Okay, crunchier than stale regular pan.

Got it. Thanks for the recs.