CYOA General "No authors No OC" Ed

Repost your favourite cyoas here, because it seems we ain't getting any new ones.

Latest thread Pastebin: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=SfTfXLLJlzM
m.youtube.com/watch?v=EC8Jdlj4VJk
archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/text/theses boons/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The Thread!? IT LIVES!

Unlike the authors ;-;

I missed the main conversation. That the fuck happened?

Shit went down brah. New assholes were torn, fates were decided.

It was a lot of people bitching about no OC and too much fetish shit.

So what do you guys think of a Game of Alice tournament? Each one rolls, then the rest of the thread is 500 posts of arguing about which character is worst?

Oh.
That's unfortunate, but made it sound like a content creater had died. Glad that's all that happened.

We need more proper OC.

working on mine...

I am honestly getting fed up with waifu cyoas. It's so rare to find a waifu that hasn't been done to death in 3 billion previous cyoas.

>"Star Shit user" not "Star Douche user"
You had one job. Just on fucking job.
But really though I love SDA. Good waifu cyoas and good non-waifu cyoas

You're right. A thousand apologies, noble user.

Posting my favorite, haven't seen this in ages

I was completely convinced he was a girl, because of the girlish way he described his dating life, so he mostly confuses me. His cyoas are decent though.

Working on some, but I'm a little slow at this.

Also have plans for more OC after that.

Hey guys, here is a cyoa I made in about an hour.

Why sekibanki?

Why is this a PDF?

Reasons.

Because I made it in about an hour and people here have been complaining about a lack of OC for a while. Don't worry, an image version is in the works.

"People."

It's literally just one page of text without any makeup. How the hell did you spend an entire hour on it? And why not just slap it together in Paint so you can add some color or whatever and pretend it's at least somewhat interesting?

This is one of my favorites. I just love the world

The hour is probably an estimate. It's probably wrong, now that I think about it more. The reason it's in pdf is just to make sure I don't make any spelling errors that would reduce the quality of the cyoa.

And here is the image version. Feel free to rip into it and criticize every little detail.

I like C.

The rest of them, not so much.

Why do you not like the others, if I may ask? I would like to know for further cyoas.

B is basically illegible.

Got it, will fix it.

>made three big CYOAs
>no one remembers me

I guess this is for the best. After all, namefagging is evil, right?

Anyway, is the text here readable or should I keep working on the background?

Not him, but I find that I'm never going to choose A. It's very rare that I find a CYOA that has too many points, so losing my choices is just going to be dull. B, D, and F are too random, since they require me to keep discarding CYOAs. And honestly, none of these really feel like challenges, just penalties.

What I'd like to see is something like "You start as your current self. All your choices are things you'll slowly grow into. If that's already how it works, it now takes twice as long."

>You start as your current self. All your choices are things you'll slowly grow into. If that's already how it works, it now takes twice as long.

Good idea. Why didn't I think of it.

>E
Come at me!

Remember the days

I grant the next two cyoa's the power of meta E

m.youtube.com/watch?v=SfTfXLLJlzM

A and B are too restrictive and only remove options.

C is interesting because it makes you think about the balancing of the CYOA. If you just make a minmaxed build, you're going to get shafted if the coin doesn't flip your way, so you want to have a situation where both builds are viable and more or less equal.

D is essentially just a a differently worded (and less severe) version of A, since you'd probably end up choosing a drawback you'd choose anyway, except now you don't get points for it.

E is just C so it's not that bad, but CYOAs are rarely balanced against eachother (and if they are, it's more a coincidence than something intended) so it loses the interesting aspect. Worst case scenario, you'll end up with something like a comfy CYOA where you get to choose whether or not your pillow is extra soft, and a CYOA where you literally become God and reshape the world.

F is mildly interesting, but companions are usually designed to support the MC and don't really stand a chance on their own, so you just build your character as usual and then stomp the chosen enemy.

G is fine, but it has little to do with the actual CYOA in most cases.

>After all, namefagging is evil, right?
Yes

Text is alrigth, i am hype for the update.

I'd make the white crests in the background a bit darker.

Which one? Are you forcing yourself to spend your thrice-as-many points randomly, or are you going to flip a tail for which CYOA you'll actually make a build for (or however the E in actually works)?

Correct. You're cool enough without it, user.

And yeah, the text looks great.

Become a wizard. That's three spells more a day than I can cast now.

I remember the discussion about the "can't show it to anyone else" part.

>Chewie is on the ship.
>He is "someone else".
>He obviously sees the ship since he's on it.
>He instantly gets to rape you to death.

Fuck. I don't know what I want!
Let's go with HL3, because the other ones are actually attainable in my lifetime.

The concept is absolutely brilliant. Between this and the meta cyoa, we can stop complaining about whether any given cyoa has too many or too few points.

Ahh, who am I kidding. We'll still be arguing until the day the world ends.

Does it have to be gold and diamonds? You can't spend those, and trying to pawn off billions worth of jewelry without any reasonable explanation of where they came from will probably just get you thrown in jail.

Just do it slowly and methodically.

Thank you for the criticism. I'll take it in account when making a revision.

that's the catch, user

Here is the updated version. Thanks to for one of the replacement ideas. Keep the criticisms coming.

Literally in every single thread

It's the newest ebin forced meem.

Can;t read the body text for crap. blends into your background images too much and the font is smallish. Otherwise looks really nice.

I'm still pretty dead.

Just takes one retard who thinks that is funny. Probably giggling in his chair till he pisses himself and his handler has to change his diaper.

idk, your comment was funny enough that I'm glad he posted it.

Wow, what a novel situation. We've never had that before.

Posting this because I fixed a spelling mistake. Gregor now lists his race as "Sharkfolk instead of Sharfolk". Pretty sure that's the last error.

No other updates, but I might eventually do DLC or an expansion or something for it, already have a couple new images and some unused ones.

Not gonna be done for awhile though, gonna do my bug one first, and maybe mechfu next.

Didn't even bother to change the version since it was a tiny mistake.

Silver and brown so I can quicksilver while I bear.

Aw, I wanted to learn more about the mysterious sharfolk race.

I like to order a meta E for the next two cyoa's

m.youtube.com/watch?v=EC8Jdlj4VJk

I haven't got access to a computer for a few days but when I get back, would people be interested in the following?

A CYOA where you're a king commanding a small army of soldiers against a larger platoon of invading enemies. A God of war appears and offers you a bunch of upgrades, such as items to boost your leadership skills and various types of inhuman troops to add to your army. The downside of taking his offer is that he barely gives you any points to start with, and to get more you must give him control of various aspects of your kingdom after the war is over.

Which one? Are you forcing yourself to spend your thrice-as-many points randomly (), or are you going to let five random people make a build and potentially kill you for more points ()?

Also what makes you think you can use either of those for the next TWO CYOAs?

Vodrek Coralback
Shellfolk
Edge of the Abyss
Weapon Mastery
Enchanting
Sneaking
Magma Trident
Ancient mount
Hammond
Syria
Blue-Claw
Stranger's Arrival
Abominations
Mimics

I was living the quiet life until this bullshit happened.
I'll deal with it in the most direct way possible. Sabotage and intimidation for the
strangers, death to the abominations and carefully doled out death for the mimics.
Then I can return to my quiet, dark home. Ehh, the others can visit every now and then, but
they gotta bring their own food.

He's probably referring to this one

sure

Let's try B for a change.

If he wants to use an old version of anything, he should be replying to (or posting) it like a normal person.

I'd report him for being a shitbuilder (not clearly indicating which CYOA he's making a build for), but apparently such reports are a bannable offense nowadays or something.

Not linking to the CYOA is annoying, but you're retarded if you think it's worth reporting someone for.

>Immortality
>Enchanted Ring (I can just put it in a box and keep it somewhere nobody will find it, or toss it into the ocean, etc.)
>Julie

It's not just annoying, it's disruptive trolling. It goes straight against several rules.

It's not like the user was spamming non-linked builds. Shit happens.

Like I said, you're retarded.

>It's not like the user was spamming non-linked builds.
Except that particular user seems to post nothing but non-linked builds.

Oh sweet summer child. Stop talking out of your ass if you're a newfag.

There's a reason we have a history with reporting such builds. We used to have a guy who would come here and post up to 30 builds for CYOAs that aren't even in the thread, or if they are, then without links. But always without context. He wouldn't even make them very different.

Fuck, we made meme reply images just for him.

The amount of times his posts were deleted and the amount of times we got warnings for reporting him were around 50%, but mostly that's because the janitors don't know what he's doing.

But it's only been once this thread. Did the previous one post that youtube link or ones like it?

Here's one of his favorites:
archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/text/theses boons/

It is. Even when he links to a furry site, he somehow still isn't breaking any rules.

He's breaking several rules, like for example global rule 3, global rule 6, global rule 10, and probably a bunch of others.

Stop talking about the devil before he shows up again.

Just be glad that he's gone.

>But it's only been once this thread.
Twice.
>Did the previous one post that youtube link or ones like it?
Yes.

I know. You still get banned for reporting him.

Because the janitors don't know what's going on. If you care so much about it go talk to them on IRC or something.

Comfy Mode

Adventurer

>Gaian:
Geokinesis
Arcane Seed
Animal Bond
Skystone
>Meteoric:
Force Barrier
Portal
Beacon Rune
Holding Pocket

>Minor Powers:
Call Fire
Decipher
Magical Locus
Repair
Heal

mentor adventurer
major powers familiar, channel entity, meteoric speed, lava well, shifting eyes, force barrier, boiling blood and slow foes

minor powers enhanced senses, exhaust, heal, magical locus, repair and hex

gift cosmic temporal
evolution form
aspect combine

None of those options are present in this CYOA, please fix your build.

Stop feeding the troll already you giant sperg. You're the one encouraging him.

I always thought that taking both Pawns was the best way to go with this one.
Six bodies completing tasks, one body working, and the core 'you' could just stay comfy all day.

Obviously you start out weakest, but put in the effort and you'll become Veeky Forums, skilled, and immortal.

White king, black queen. Improve humanity and live forever with two switchable sexy bodies. As if I could ask for more.

what other ones have you done?

I was just about to ask if you'd even posted the Time of Troubles update. I guess you're still working on it? I'll try to have less than 140,000 Steppe Nobles this time, promise.

Also what were the other two CYOAs you made?

How do you live forever?

>I'll try to have less than 140,000 Steppe Nobles this time, promise.

You are a disgrace to the Great Khans.