Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Friendly reminder to tell us what 3pp your game allows if you need character building help.

What do your characters do as they settle down together to rest and relax out of their armor?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/iYhDNSTq

Please search for the unerrata'd content here:
web.archive.org/web/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Horror Adventures: imgur.com/a/r2TOH
imgur.com/a/odYOE

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1zXrG9NCkO1MKfMH8ryQLEfc87q2Oc40uewA1aB4-us8/edit
sendspace.com/file/hmpbli
youtube.com/watch?v=Wmc3yji0G84
drivethrurpg.com/product/185959/Godbound-A-Game-of-Divine-Heroes-Free-Edition
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Firsd xxxxddddd

Depends on the setting and the character.

Pic related.

Iie senpai

>What do your characters do as they settle down together to rest and relax out of their armor?
Cuddling with her beloved master.

>Removing the armor
>Not reducing the armor weight's category so that you can sleep in fullplate.

TRUE STRIKE
Casting Time 1 standard action
Components V
Cost 2 Int damage
Range personal
Target you
Duration see text

You gain temporary, intuitive insight into the immediate future during your next attack. Your next single attack roll (if it is made before the end of the next round) gains a +20 insight bonus. Additionally, you are not affected by the miss chance that applies to attackers trying to strike a concealed target.

When will there be more?
Make Pathfinder Great Again.

>Cost 2 Int damage
That's pretty good. You get to hit someone better, AND you get to remove 2 int damage? Awesome.

>What do your characters do as they settle down together to rest and relax out of their armor?
Cuddle. What else?

Tinker with his gear. Maybe sing or hum a little. Maybe dance. Do some reading. Do any of the above while on the ceiling.

However long it may have been since he properly worked out subjective gravity, the novelty still hasn't worn off.

>make character
>fairly decent if simple build
>play first session, pretty fun
>find out there's a prestige class that looks incredible
>your character is built in such a way to never qualify for the PrC
>retiring your character to respec isn't good because one other player is going for that PrC and I'm enjoying the character even if the build will be sub-par

Fuck :( anyone else know this feel?

I've always felt that in PF the PrC are cool looking and flavorful but very rarely optimal.

Are you not allowed to use the retraining rules? Because this sounds precisely the kind of situation they were meant for.

Why aren't you playing the superior system yet, /pfg/?

Updated homebrew based on feedback:
docs.google.com/document/d/1zXrG9NCkO1MKfMH8ryQLEfc87q2Oc40uewA1aB4-us8/edit

>Blood pool was removed in favor of drain lifeforce, supposed to reward you for adventuring instead of sitting on your ass
>Capstone was changed to cult leader
>New ability added: Cog in the machine, lets you be a part of the cult but not the leader.
>Drain lifeforce buffed to make it more reliable.

As before, any feedback is greatly appreciated.

That's not DnDizzle: Dragons in the Hood

And for some players and GMs....that's okay.

My players are learning the hard way that optimal and useful are two entirely different things.

10/10 would play

Retraining won't fix having 8 wisdom and wanting to go into a cleric/fighter style prestige class.

Would anyone like 266 MB of mostly anime-style tokens, with a grand total of 347 tokens? If so, they can be downloaded here:

sendspace.com/file/hmpbli

We don't want your little boy collection, Touhoufag.

Get out paedo

This looks lewd, where is it from?

Grimgar of fantasy and ash.

>mistaking Colette for Touhoufag.
Newb.

Has anyone tried the 3pp Godbound class? What's it really like apart from the memes?

Overpowered and hopelessly useless at the same time.

I've heard that anyone who ISN'T a Godbound doesn't get any resistance against a Godbound's abilities. Is this true?

How is this balanced?

>I've heard that anyone who ISN'T a Godbound doesn't get any resistance against a Godbound's abilities. Is this true?

This came up in a previous thread, and apparently it only applies to creatures that wouldn't be a challenge anyway.

It's not?

Why do you think people complain about it? Why did you think it was a meme instead of actually a legitimate complaint?

What tier is the Godbound class in? High tier 1?

>assigning tier to a broken class
Why bother?

How does a Godbound compare to a super min-maxed wizard then?

Let's set the record straight about Godbound. It's a 3pp Pathfinder class that basically transforms Pathfinder into a brand new game, though still a d20 game.

In Godbound, you play a Godbound. You're a superpowered godling whom no mortal hero can stop, no matter how powerful they are. If you're a level 1 Godbound and the other guy is a level 20 mortal wizard, you'll win because your can fling your divine powers at them and they'll have no chance of resisting. Your only opposition comes from other Godbound.

What kind of Godbound can you play? Think of an Exalted type. Those are the playable Godbound, because Godbound's setting is actually just Creation from Exalted. So you can play a Solar Godbound, a Lunar Godbound, a Sidereal Godbound, an Alchemical Godbound, or whatever.

What do you do in Godbound? Take over the world, try to make the world better, or both. But don't worry, because this game doesn't have any clunky domain management rules to slow you down. You'll just have to trust in your GM to fiat how things work in downtime.

Sounds good?

They play by different rules, therefore there isn't any comparison. Just ask the fucking shill or look it up in previous threads.

It's a Pathfinder class though. Couldn't you put them in a fight against each other?

What's your Cha? You might convince the GM to let Oracle substitute for Cleric.

So basically it's like Exalted where instead of starting off fighting Goblins and moving your way up to Liches, you start off fighting Divine Goblins and move your way up to Divine Liches.

Pretty much yeah.

I'd avoid it, it's one of the worst Pathfinder classes out there.

Is Arcane Trickster any good? Seem like it can fill many role in the party.

Dropping down to sorcerer casting progression isn't so bad.

I need help for making my bard survive and shine in an evil campaign full of min/max characters (tank druid, S&M fan and bastard cleric, mad razmiran sorcerer and dark psychic) all of them pretty jerk people, so i was thinking in a sandman or archivist, but i dont know if that would help me, no 3pp allowed.

Hey /pfg/, how would you beat a level 1 Godbound using DSP characters?

Want your Bard to survive? Support your already optimized party members who melee, the druid and cleric. Be REALLY good at Inspire Courage and pick nothing but buff spells, and min/max your own Diplomacy and Bluff so you don't even really have to roll to obliterate whatever social encounters come up (if they come up at all). If they're dicks about things, just remind them of every time you've used diplomacy to stop a fight from happening when they were low on spells.

Also, take Leadership + Wicked Leader and make your Cohort something besides a bard. Since they're literally all Tier 1 classes, you can make them a Wizard and it wouldn't be out of place.

Alternatively, roll a Wizard and have a Bard cohort. Or another Wizard.

I wouldn't. I'd ban it from my game because it's fucking retarded. So should everyone else. Seriously, sum it up nicely.

No, its special snowflake class feature makes it immune to the entirety of the bestiary and every other printed book because muh divinity.

>Let's set the record straight about Godbound. It's a 3pp Pathfinder class that basically transforms Pathfinder into a brand new game, though still a d20 game.

Transforming it into shit isn't much of a transformation.

>In Godbound, you play a Godbound.
How fucking insightful.

>You're a superpowered godling whom no mortal hero can stop, no matter how powerful they are. If you're a level 1 Godbound and the other guy is a level 20 mortal wizard, you'll win because your can fling your divine powers at them and they'll have no chance of resisting. Your only opposition comes from other Godbound.
Literally the dumbest shit, because in no published setting for PF or 3.5e are any deities completely unkillable. Way to go trying to force your special snowflake bullshit on everyone while nullifying the entire game.

>What kind of Godbound can you play? Think of an Exalted type. Those are the playable Godbound, because Godbound's setting is actually just Creation from Exalted. So you can play a Solar Godbound, a Lunar Godbound, a Sidereal Godbound, an Alchemical Godbound, or whatever.

Why don't I just fucking play Exalted for this stupid shit. Seriously, the point of Pathfinder and D&D before it is to raid dungeons, beat people up, and steal their shit. That's the goal of the game, one way or another. This dumbass Godbound shit doesn't do that, so it really doesn't belong.

>What do you do in Godbound? Take over the world, try to make the world better, or both. But don't worry, because this game doesn't have any clunky domain management rules to slow you down. You'll just have to trust in your GM to fiat how things work in downtime.
So you're lazy and didn't write any, got it.

>Sounds good?
Fuck you.

Godbound is a better designed class than any of DSP's classes.

Initiating archetype for the Godbound when?

Can't we get a serious, level by level comparison between a Godbound and a wizard here?

No seriously, can it be that hard to kill a Godbound if you're like a level 20 wizard?

If you can't use it with other classes, then it isn't a class that is better designed, it's a class that is designed with a different game in mind.

There is literally no way to use it in a non-Godbound game, so it has no comparison to other classes.

It's impossible by Godbound RAW. Literally.

You're being stupid at this point. Godbound literally states "anything not godbound is automatically unable to kill a godbound character." So the answer is no, you can't, because the wizard loses because GM fiat and RAW say so.

It does not get any more clear than that.

But what will happen if you have a level 1 Godbound in a party with, like, level 12 initiators?

How will the initiators compete with the Godbound?

Where's the Godbound RAW on this? Take a screencap maybe?

Stop responding to him. He's trying much too hard.

They won't.

Let's see a Godbound build then, level 1.

Shouldn't be too hard.

>You're being stupid at this point. Godbound literally states "anything not godbound is automatically unable to kill a godbound character." So the answer is no, you can't, because the wizard loses because GM fiat and RAW say so.

Hold up, so Godbound as a system is basically Exalted without the buckets of dice?

Here's your (You).

See

Why is it so hard for all you shitposters to provide so much as a screencap of the relevant rules? Have you even actually read them?

It's not a system, it's a 3pp Pathfinder class.

You could run a game with DSP initiators and Godbound together if you really wanted to.

Maybe see if a Godbound can solo a Paizo AP?

PF already did this with Mythic.

>mfw the DM kept dropping hints about a magnificent civilization that came before the current age
>mfw he described it as spires of glittering steel and red-eyed supermen who commanded the elements from their fingertips with green glossy scrolls
>mfw we entered the subterranean ruins of a fortress for this civilization
>mfw the DM turned this on as the battle theme

youtube.com/watch?v=Wmc3yji0G84

Mythic =/= Exalted.

Mythic is stuff like Hercules, Diomedes and Adolf Hitler, Exalted is stuff like Zeus and Thor.

It's literally free you dipshit. Go look yourself
drivethrurpg.com/product/185959/Godbound-A-Game-of-Divine-Heroes-Free-Edition

Considering the shill hasn't offered any downloads, it's not surprising no one has looked at or read them.

>instead of starting off fighting Goblins and moving your way up to Liches, you start off fighting Divine Goblins and move your way up to Divine Liches.

Let's be reasonable here, a Lich is basically an Undead Magical Goblin.

Goblins are basically Pygmies only without a Lord Soul, they're the template on which all life is made.

Or maybe it's because nobody wants to play a Pathfinder class 10x as strong as any wizard?

thank you so much! im going to try this with the bard and shine in the social part

>Or maybe it's because nobody wants to play a Pathfinder class 10x as strong as any wizard?

I do, as long as the enemies we're fighting are 10x as strong as normal.

I might just be an easily entertained dumbie, but I can easily see the difference between "Goblin" and "Divine Goblin" if it was presented in a suitably powerful way.

That's what they did with mythic, and mythic was shit.

Why would this 3pp class be any better?

How are you going to have a diverse party of characters ALL WITH THE SAME CLASS with no archetypes?

You aren't. You are correct about it being shit.

>anything not godbound is automatically unable to kill a godbound character

...So what if you dominate/trick/etc the enemy into killing themselves?
Could a level 20 wizard do that?

>Maybe the chair is so comfy even dead people want to sit on it.

How is this supposed to be a good 3pp class again?

Maybe DSP can fix it with an archetype?

>That's what they did with mythic, and mythic was shit.

Mythic was cool, take that back.

Having read through the relevant sections, with the right choices a 1st level Godborn can make any character useless against them, including 20th level wizards.

So, no, there is no point to this game. It's just ham-handed narrativist GM fiat gaming.

No, user.

The IDEA of mythic is cool.

The EXECUTION of mythic is fucking trash.

A 20th level wizard can do that.

He can't do that to a Godbound. Read the fuckign rules yourself, they're free and they're shit.

>They're free

But... where?

I just wanted to be a legendary hero, is that too much to ask? A little demigod-ness?

Speaking of, what are some "must have" tier abilities if I want to be the mightiest blatant Ornstein rip-off I can be? Impossible Speed and Titan's Bane?

My god you're fucking dumb. Here, I'm spoonfeeding you so you can get the fuck out.

See

......................you're officially a stupid, mindless, self-shilling moron with no respect for anyone or anything outside your self serving stupidity.

It isn't too much to ask, but it IS too much to ask if you want it to actually be good.

But dawnborn is objectively better.

>objectivity
>roleplaying games
No.

Dawnborn is objectively complete and utter trash. So I guess it doesn't really matter which of them is better.

>but it IS too much to ask if you want it to actually be good.

>Titan's Bane (Ex): You can move through the space of any creature two or more size categories larger than you without provoking attacks of opportunity, and you can share such a creature's space. When sharing a larger opponent's space, you gain cover against all melee and ranged attacks made by the creature, and it is considered flat-footed for the purposes of any melee or ranged attacks you make against it.

This is a very, very good ability though.

Same with Impossible Speed giving you a flat +30 to your movement.

>not knowing they're the same fucking person

They aren't.

Some of the stuff in Mythic is actually, mechanically, pretty cool.

Then you look at the spellcaster mythic class and you realize nobody proofread this stuff for shit. In addition to everything being a complicated mess.

A few abilities being okay doesn't redeem the whole subsystem, friend.

Mythic Timestop/Cloudkill still exist. All the Archmage path still exists. Most of the martial shit is awful. The Trickster path is absolutely trash.

Why do you guys have to be so negative?

What are the rules for Godbound affecting mythic characters?

>Trickster path
>Trash
Trisckster Path is the only good path for noncasters, since you can access every other path with it and use it to replace your shit skills and abilities with other non shit ones.

Martials needed to have mythic abilities from 1st level. This is how they are balanced with casters.

This is kinda true, but it still doesn't stop a lot of the mythic abilities being so bad/limited that they wouldn't even be good enough in this instance.