Warhammer 40k General

Couldn't Find an Edition

>Rules databases
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s) (Updated 8/11/18)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V8.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

First for First Legion!

Fucking Ravenwing getting here before everyone else and shit.

Second for more Age of Emperor fearmongering and more people calling such Anons retarded.

How do I make foot-slogging IG vets work?
Mechanised IG is getting me nowhere.

>Fucking Ravenwing
Bruh thats some greenwing with a Termi Shoulder.

The entire point of this list is to make enemies explode. All Inquisitors, Canones and Priest go inside the LandRaider Crusader.
Inquisitors disembark as separate units and charge one at the time. Rad grenades -1T add up and bam! T4 models explod.

+++ Assploding (1497pts) +++

++ Adepta Sororitas: Codex (2013) (Combined Arms Detachment) (875pts) ++

+ No Force Org Slot (55pts) +

Ministorum Priest (55pts) [Laspistol, Power Maul, The Litanies of Faith]

+ HQ (120pts) +

Canoness (120pts) [Bolt Pistol, Power Axe, Rosarius, The Mantle of Ophelia]

+ Troops (320pts) +

Battle Sister Squad (160pts) [2x Battle Sister, Battle Sister with Flamer, Battle Sister with Heavy Flamer, Repressor [FW]]
··Sister Superior [Bolt Pistol, Combi-Flamer]

Battle Sister Squad (160pts) [2x Battle Sister, Battle Sister with Flamer, Battle Sister with Heavy Flamer, Repressor [FW]]
··Sister Superior [Bolt Pistol, Combi-Flamer]

+ Fast Attack (380pts) +

Dominion Squad (190pts) [4x Dominion with Meltagun]
··Dominion Superior [Bolt Pistol, Combi-Melta]
··Immolator [Dozer Blade, Laud Hailer, Twin-Linked Multi-Melta]

Dominion Squad (190pts) [4x Dominion with Meltagun]
··Dominion Superior [Bolt Pistol, Combi-Melta]
··Immolator [Dozer Blade, Laud Hailer, Twin-Linked Multi-Melta]

++ Inquisition: Codex (2013) (Inq Inquisitorial Detachment) (116pts) ++

+ HQ (116pts) +

Ordo Xenos Inquisitor (58pts) [Bolt Pistol, Power Armour, Power Sword, Rad Grenades]

Ordo Xenos Inquisitor (58pts) [Bolt Pistol, Power Armour, Power Sword, Rad Grenades]

++ Inquisition: Codex (2013) (Inq Inquisitorial Detachment) (506pts) ++

+ HQ (116pts) +

+ Elites (390pts) +

Inquisitorial Henchmen Warband (390pts) [3x Crusader, 5x Death Cult Assassin, Psyker]
··Land Raider Crusader [Dozer Blade, Psybolt Ammunition]

>Inquisitors disembark as separate units and charge one at the time. Rad grenades -1T add up and bam! T4 models explod.

neat. pretty sure you'll get punched for doing that, but neat.

In a game with Ninja Titans, 2 point for 5 million GC, Grav guns the skyhammering, and other things.

A T3 army is cheese?

Is there a Dark Eldar codex that doesn't look like shit?

Eldar Corsairs.

There you go.

r8, h8, appreci8

Watch Captain - 95
- Terminator Armour -25
- relic blade - 10 130

Chaplain - 95 (Strategium Command Team)

Librarian - 70 (Aquilla Kill Team)
Mastery Level 2 - 25 95

--ELITES--

Dreadnought - 100
- Assault Cannon - 10
- Heavy Flamer - 10
- Drop Pod - 35 155

--TROOPS--

Veterans - 110 (Aquilla Kill Team)
- Deathwatch Frag Cannon x2 - 50
- Infernus Heavy Bolter - 20
- Combi Melta - 10 190

Veterans - 110 (Strategium Command Team)
- Black Shield -15
- Heavy Thunder Hammer - 30
- Power Sword -15
- Xenophase Blade - 25
- Plasma Pistol - 15 210 Total 875

Secondary Detachment

--ELITES--
Vanguard Veterans 75
- Lightning Claws -30 105

Vanguard Veterans - 75
- Thunder Hammers X2 -40
- Storm Shields X2 - 20
- Heavy Thunder Hammer - 30 165

Terminators - 160
- Assault Cannon - 20
- Heavy Flamers x2 - 20
- Power Fist Meltagun - 10
- Cyclone Missile Launcher - 25 235

--FAST ATTACK--
Bikers - 120
- Power Weapon - 5 125 Total 630

Army Total 1505

While we're on the subject of space elves, how are the forgeworld grav-tanks game wise (Lynx and Scorpions/Cobra)?
I know it's D-str fuckery but how balanced and fair are they compared to a wraithknight?

I'd like a big centerpiece for my craftworld eldar army that's not a giant spooky ninja robot.

No, you can't lower their toughness below 1

Do you even Inquisition?!

You need 4 separate charges to accomplish it with Rad grenades.

Can't you though? I thought if a model was taken down to strength or toughness 0 it is removed from combat as a casualty

Infantry blobs, give sarges power axes and melta bombs. Attach both commisar and priest. Take two units of. If you only ever fight monstrous creatures, give the squad krak grenades
Provide support in whatever way you want. Vets, scions, tanks, heavy weapons teams, special weapons teams, ect. I personally use deathstrikes to soften my enemy up with lascannon HWTs for priority targets, plus 2 units of vets and 2-3 units of scions.

There's nothing in the game a squad of 50 guardsmen with krak grendes, 5 powers axes and melta bombs can't kill. Everyone always shoots your other stuff that by the time they realize the melee is lost, you've already won.

They are quite good for their point value, but they are not on the same level as a wraithknight.

The lynx is probably the best out of the three for the points.

Not him but iirc, you can't lower a model's characteristic below 1 or 2 for Leadership.

We are talking Toughness. Why you mention Leadership?

How are you getting that many independent characters in one transport?

Walking them into one. Unless my memory is wrong the Crusader is 16 capacity.

They should fit.

where the codexes at? fucking pdfs for only 9quid sod that m80 this is the internets innit. On me mam i'll ave' ye

I was quoting the paragraph of the rule in question from memory.

But the rule is on the picture, underlined with red. Ah nevermind it is all good now.

Not anyone involved in the chain, but did you even look at the picture in the post you link?

You can't use the axe and melta bomb at the same time and you can only throw one grenade at a time so giving them krak and melta is pointless.

>not involved in the chain
>feels the need to post anyway
Always an attention seeker?

Nvm, I was remembering the rule for psychic maledictions that change model's characteristics.
I had the same idea a couple of years ago, and some user informed me that enfeeble couldn't change the T of a model to 0. Rad grenades alone should work though.

Yep, that sounds about right.

So my friend couldn't be talked out of starting tyranids and doesnt want more than two flyrants.
Are there any balanced homebrew for them?
Our group is fine with them if they are good since both our ork player and CSM use homebrew rules (the Spaceodin one for or is and CSM just has a single sheet of point changes and added special rules)

Our Tyranids player uses a couple pages of changes he made but I suppose that would be hard to do well as a new player so perhaps make it a group effort and remember it will take trial and error to smooth it out.

>Off the top of my head

Gaunts and warriors are beasts which make them pretty damn spooky.
+1T on Carnifex
+1W on thropes and can upgrade to ML3 (Idk if that's a regular thing.)

Maybe you can, maybe this isn't a real rulebook and we're all chinamen

>buffing zoanthropes
Bruh...

Im tempted toi run 4x inquisitors with rads + skitarii vanguards . Charge a deathstar and instagib it. Ha!

In his defense I play Grey Knights, another plays daemons. He only brings one zoan, a venom and the third one I can't remember.

We play 2000pts usually and it's a small play group.

1388 points minimum by my reckoning for a bound force with 4 LR redeemers

1340 for unbound

I've been tempted to do the Xenos Inq with Rad grenades + Vanguards, but how much of a dick would that make me?

Each inquisitor naked is 48 points Well 40 if you don't give them power armour. (Mostly there in case I derp and charge one of them first before the Death cul friends)

On a side note.

How mad would be people be if I use old daemonettes I found in my bitz box as Death Cult

just fluff it as radical inquisitors using mutants and shouldn't be a problem.

Not much. Its hard combo to pull off correctly and costs as much as something battery.

>Shrouded is removed
>Stealth reworked into "whoever shoots at this unit does so with a penalty of -2 to their Ballistic Skill"
Good or bad?

If a rework. Rather Stealth:

Well I play SoB mostly as a personal army for my 1-4 Inquisitors I usually run.

Playing with fluffy or silly list against Waac armies. Till now Lady Luck has smile me a lot. The amount of absurd victories against, grav spam, decurion wraith Necrons, and Double D elders is absurd.

How's my first KDK list?
For one thousand points I will be taking it against my friends death company blood angels in my first real game.

HQ
Chaos Lord (160pts)
>Combi- Flamer, Goredrinker, Juggernaut of Khorne, Power Armour
Troops
8 Bloodletters (105pts)
>Banner of Blood, Upgrade one Bloodletter to Bloodreaper
Chaos Cultists (80pts)
>9x Cultists, 9x Replace Autopistol with Autogun
Cultist Champion
>Autogun
Fast Attack
2 solo Chaos Spawn (32pts each)
Heavy Support
Skull Cannon (125pts)

Gorepack (463pts)
Chaos Bikers
>3x Bikers, 2x Plasma Gun, Chainaxe, Combi- Plasma
Chaos Bikers
>3x Bikers, 2x Meltagun, Chainaxe, Combi- Melta, Melta Bombs
11xFlesh Hounds

997/1000

The Lord will go with the hounds from the fireplace while the cannon and cultists stick back a bit. Cultists.

The idea was to make Stealth tech more realistic (this way uberskilled sharpshooters could still hit them like its nothing cause they've seen some shit) while also crunch some rules together to make them more streamlined but yours works too.

Whoops it is actually three bikers and a champion for both of the gorepack biker units. I was thinking about taking the plasma to three total and making the Melta unit five strong.

Stealth and shrouded combined with jink is the problem
Either nerf jink save or make jink save separate and not stackable with stealth and shrouded
Also make it so you have to move at least 6" prior in order to claim a jink save

Do drones count for the purposes of % of unit left on the table and taking leadership tests? I can't find shit on it.

They do, unfortunately.

Yes.
It's why you don't take Drones on shit like Riptides.

Need a decent 1000pt Iron Hands list for dealing mainly with guard and Inquisition. Any ideas?

>guard and Inquisition
Literally anything.

just bring a melta or two

Fug. I mean Its in a Ghostkeel's best interest to tank hits for its drones lest its cover save goes to shit but that's a bit stupid innit? Oh no, my iphone got wrecked, I must retreat!

Tau need a disadvantage at least

>but that's a bit stupid innit?
In 40k rules that's about one of the least retarded things.

Yeah, fair enough. I'm ok with this anyway. At least you test Leadership as normal not on heroic since it's always above 25%.

If he's bringing lots of infantry, a thunderfire cannon will do really good.
If he's not bringing lots of infantry, a thunderfire will still pay for itself.

Basically, I would build a core around a melta drop pod or two, plus a thunderfire cannon or two.

So basically, you want to have three drop pods, two with meltas (melta tactical + combi-melta, for example). The third drop pod can be whatever you want, you only need it so you can have 3 drop pods total, letting you drop the first two on turn 1.

Then pick your thunderfire cannon or two. Set them up in cover if you can (ruins). The thunderfire should make short work of his infantry.

After that, the rest of the army is up to you, or more-so up to what type of player your opponent is, and what mission you're playing. The inquisition part will probably include a caster of some sort who will spam invis most likely, so you're probably not killing him if he does that.

Actually now that I think about it.. it makes some sense for it. The drones are linked to its survivability and the pilots fluff-wise become hermits. They bond with their AIs.

Losing a drone is like losing a good friend. Makes sense they falter from an emotional AND logical standpoint.

Which faction is the 40k equivalent of this album?

Some even have linke sensor suites, so they get nasty feedback.

Chaos undivided?
Death korps of Krieg, maybe.

Orks
Its fucking garbage

>Linked minds
>Neural feedback when one dies
We Pacific Rim now?
I'm very fucking OK with this.

Thunder Barons

They had fire warriors getting their brains fried from rail rifle scope feedback in lore.

Are Deldar worse than Orks?

Lol tau 'techlology'

No but they both have big problems

you take that back

That was during the testing.

They fixed it. The failure rate is 1/10K firings. The Tau leaders refuse to use the weapon as a mainstay weapon until they fix the issue completely.

It was experimental for a reason. At least they do R&D instead of "Let's rub some smoked salmon flavoured lube on this ancient gun, clap our hands and hope it doesn't explode and kill the Captain when it fires" Mechanicus.

I know the Deldar suffer from overwatch and losing half their special characters, but what else is wrong with them?

H-hay man y-you just don't get it cuz you're a square, you have to get in the mood, like drop some acid and beat your head into the coffee table for an hour then it's perfectly tolerable.

While It speaks volumes of their love for their troops, wouldn't 1 in 10 thousand fire warriors getting melted be for the greater good of having your main weapons be S6 AP1?

You first.

I think there's fluff specifically about ghostkeels that they spend so long away from the core of the army that they often form attachments to the various AIs they work with

what does that even mean

Not if it happens while filming propaganda tv.

If a weapon fails that reflect poorly on the tau empire.

Even worse is that if he has more than 1, he gets their toughness as well. Meanwhile I'm laughing as 30k mechanicus where all my HQs can pal up with T7 mechs

he said a hurtful thing, you posted hurtful music.

majority toughness actually isn't an issue for drones, as the ghostkeel and riptide drones are the same toughness as the suits, and regular drones are t4, which is better or the same as any unit they can fit in

Yeah that's why i brought it up. It's in the codex description. Part of why I love them and Stealthsuits. They're afforded a sortof autonomy in the Empire. A rare form of accepted individuality, because it too is for the greater good.

What about the smaller suits? Aren't they T5?

Crisis Suits are T4. Only suit that's T3 are Stealths and they can only take 1 drone so it doesn't apply to them.

>mfw today might be the last time i have to play this year

>I'm so friendless I create the equivalent of clickbait on Veeky Forums

What's wrong champ?

For the past 5-6 years I've played MAYBE 1 game a year but now that I got a buddy back in it, we're planning our second match in a month. I hope things are looking up.

more like worst legion XD

It would dishonour the Tau to arm their warriors with weapons that can kill them.

Anyways, the Earth Caste are working on fixing the issue but plan to add more improvements. They plan on making the Rail Rifle have the same fire power of the Broadside Railgun.

Imagine if the new Rail Rifle replaced the Pulse Rifle as the default weapon of the Fire Warriors.

school, seems i pissed away my summer time painting and working. i got my major projects done so i'm not too upset

well, at least it's getting better. i got a buddy who's lgs is either acting silly or he can't be bothered to play 40k these days

aren't riptides suppose to kill their riders after a few years of radiation?

Think they'll ever actually do it from a rules standpoint? I can see a form of Heavy Fire Warrior troop choice, myself.

>aren't riptides suppose to kill their riders after a few years of radiation?

If the Tau pilot chooses to draw extra power from the suits engine, IIRC.

MY SPESS MAHREENS ARE WAITING FOR ME IN THE POST OFFICE

/hype/

Why the hell would you footslog vets?

No.

Have another giant suit. Faaaack you!

It always surprises me how schizophrenic GW rules can be, even within the same codex.

The Ghostkeel is a beautifully crafted piece of tech and model. It's design is solid, it has fun rules and usable abilities, its tough, powerful mobile but has fundamental and strong weaknesses that balance it out.

Then you have the Riptide. Godzilla thighs but baby feet. Giant barrel chest but baby arms carrying giant gun and its just a plain one-trick-pony beatstick. A marriage between horrible form and boring function. And then you have the Stormsurge, which is really just the Riptide's philosophy amped up to Full Retard.

If a player takes more than one stormsurge or two riptides to a

at least the riptide used the jet infantry move, so it worked on the same idea as a mobile firebase as the crisis suits.

The stormsurge is a tank on legs. In a faction that was explicitely stated to prefer more mobile have weapons platforms, skimmers, fliers, and SH fliers.
Nope, box on legs. And a GC instead of a walker, despite there being no reason for it not being a walker.

Again, the Riptide at least used different movement rules, so there is half of an excuse there. But the Stormsurge is just the Tau's version of a titan. To the point I refer to it as the Stormsurge class titan.