Warhammer Fantasy General

Warhammer Fantasy General: Might of the Empire Edition

Talk about all Warhammer Fantasy.
Keep End Times discussion to a minimum and keep AoS in the AoS thread.

>Thread Theme
youtube.com/watch?v=Ocm8QdNR_d8

Link to last thread:48765387

>1d4chan
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Warhammer_Fantasy

>Newbie Introduction to Warhammer Fantasy (Download, start reading at page 174 for the story and all the races)
mediafire.com/download/i330182xo9b1hsi/Rulebook (Hardback).pdf

>Third Party Miniature Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk

>List of Warhammer recommended proxies
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/

>Tomb Kings Range reborn!
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com
indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/

>Warhammer Wikis
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

>Resources (Armybooks, Supplements, Fluff, Crunch)
pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
www.pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
>Endhammer
1d4chan.org/wiki/Endhammer

>9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

>Total War: Warhammer
store.steampowered.com/app/364360/

>End Times: Vermintide
store.steampowered.com/app/235540/

>Mordheim: City of the Damned
store.steampowered.com/app/276810/

>Bloodbowl 2
store.steampowered.com/app/236690/

>Man O' War
store.steampowered.com/app/344240/

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammerart.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The issue is that for most people sticking to the old WHFB the cuttoff is before the End Times; making ET the headcanon.

And while headcanon and fandom has always been fine, and it's always been acceptable to pick and choose your own fluff, for the purpose of these threads ET is superseded by previous fluff.

It would be silly to disregard ET in an AoS thread or something because it's spawned based off ET.

This type thread is geared towards pre-ET lore and as such ET becomes as pick-and-choose as Storm of Chaos.

There isn't much of an issue when ET is discussed, the issue normally arises when someone tries to use ET lore to discredit previous lore.
Which for this type thread doesn't work.

The problem is that ET's writing is just so fucking terrible.

Storm of Chaos, even with Grimgor bitch-slapping Archaon, is better. That's why Endhammer came around; people trying to salvage the good bits from End Times.

Nice trips, and yeah.

I was just explaining to that dude from the last thread why people get upset when he asserts ET over any previous canon.

It's not wrong to use ET to fill in parts of the lore that weren't explored before.

But it's best to understand that for this thread anything ET said that usurped previous lore is null.

What's your thoughts on Endhammer, then?

(Also, why did we stop linking to previous threads in the intro?)

Copying Over my proposed Endhammer rules for Heinrich Todbringer -- basically Boris, again, so it needs some punching up and editing to make him unique:

Heinrich Todbringer, the Bastard of Middenheim:

Lifted up from illegitimacy by the Ar-Ulric and supported by the Teutogen Guard, Boris's bastard son Heinrich is now the Graf of Middenland and the Drakwald. His legitimate brother, a chaos-touched simpleton, has mysteriously disappeared.

Stats:
>M4 WS6 BS5 S4 T4 W3 I5 A3 Ld9

Equipment:
>Hand Weapon + Full plate armour

Magic Items: Legbiter, the Middenland Runefang; Talisman of Ulric
>Talisman of Ulric: Makes the wearer Immune to Psychology. In addition, at the beginning of every turn, the player may roll a die. On a 5+, Heinrich recovers 1 wound, up to his total of 3.

Special Rules:
>Hold the Line.
>Chosen of Ulric
>>An Empire army with Heinrich as its general may bring Teutogen Guard and Knights of the White Wolf.

Options:
>May take a shield - 3 points.
>May be mounted on the following:
>>Warhorse - 18 points
>>>May be upgraded to have barding - 6 points
(Also might want to add "Leader of Men" or Silver Seal to Luitpold II)

>(Also, why did we stop linking to previous threads in the intro?)
The guy from two threads ago who deleted the ET disclaimer from the copypasta also deleted a bunch of other stuff he didn't like.

We'll start doing it again next thread.

I think Endhammer is well done in that it takes the idea of moving the setting forward seriously without squatting the entire 35 years of lore.

>guy from two threads ago

Why are morons like that allowed to live?

Nobody cares about your preference and you don't get to set rules. ET is the canon and part of the WHFB like it or not. It's not headcanon. It's not fanfiction. It's the official canon and it does supersede the previous fluff.

You can have your little headcanon and whatever. Feel free to do so but don't pretend it's equal to the actual canon itself. That's being entitled.

What this thread is geared for is WHFB discussion. ET is part of the WHFB. If you see a ET discussion, don't act like a bitch if you don't like ET. Just ignore it and discuss whatever inane thing you want. That's simple for anyone to understand. Anyone who isn't a toddler.

He was an ET Chaosfag too.

>Nobody cares about your preference and you don't get to set rules. ET is the canon and part of the WHFB like it or not. It's not headcanon. It's not fanfiction. It's the official canon and it does supersede the previous fluff.

Well actually the header of the thread sets the purpose of the thread; and the header states that ET should be kept low.

If you realllllly reallllllllly want a thread where ET is the be-all-end-all of WH canon then why not make an ET friendly thread?

This thread is more for 9th Age, Endhammer, and people that want to pretend that ET and AoS never happened.

It's why we're not in the AoS thread right now.

Or maybe don't be GW's apologist and accept that nobody wants to hear it.

We literally had a poll that ran for three threads before the "do not talk about ET" dislaimer was added. Only one person out of almost sixty said they considered ET canon, two said AoS was canon.

THAT'S why we said don't talk about it. Because almost none of us want it to be part of these threads.

Furthermore, removing T9A from the "feel free to discuss" was even more stupid, since the T9A links remain.

Reposting from last thread, someone has this image in better quality?

Is it from the DE armybook?

The header was meant to silence people and give morons like this guy () the clearing to bully and try to shout down people saying things they don't like and clearly you are same as him.

Again, toddlers, this is WHFB thread and ET is a WHFB subject. If you don't like ET, hide posts that discuss them or ignore it. No point in dividing an already divided community, you censoring cretins.

Yep, 8e one.

Just buy the digitally enhanced edition from the I-store, Christ.

Counterpoint: who are you to tell others they have to tolerate ET?

We had a poll. You should have voted and gotten ten or more others to vote the same.

Internet polls prove nothing and I don't give a damn. This threads are usually full of ET discussion because people still want to talk about it despite the various attempts to silence them. Like the previous thread.

And your post is the hallmark post of childishness. "Waaaah They like something I don't like make them go away". Grow up.

I ant going to give money to GeeDabyia.

If you can find out the artist that did it, you can find their portfolio online.

Remember when it was easy to find GW art? When they had a section on their website to download it? When you could download comics and look up the local gaming clubs in your community?

When their website wasn't literally only a store page for three games?

Then you ain't gonna enhanced pictures.

>The header was meant to silence people and give morons like this guy () the clearing to bully and try to shout down people saying things they don't like and clearly you are same as him.

The header was meant to set the tone for these threads my dude.

Again, it doesn't negate all ET, but it does relegate it to the bottom of the priority list when it comes to what we consider canon as a post-AoS WHFB community.

Feel free to make your own thread with your own standard and gather like-minded individuals my guy.

I'm not stopping you, I'm not bullying you, I'm not taking your lunch money dude.

Like this?

warhammerart.com/

pagein the book?

Also check for the artist.

Fucking kill yourself, shill.

As opposed to you cramming it down our throats?

You're that guy who goes into Star Wars threads trolling about how the prequels were a cinematic triumph and everyone needs to talk about them more, aren't you faggot?

Arbitrary rules that you invented and tried to enforce on people.

>I'm not stopping you, I'm not bullying you, I'm not taking your lunch money dude.

You gave others the authority to do so. So you are as much to blame. You gave the killer the gun and justification.

And no. I am against dividing the community.

I guess its Paul Dainton, but he doesn't even have site or blog.

Its the first page in book.

>And your post is the hallmark post of childishness. "Waaaah They like something I don't like make them go away". Grow up.
Did you forget what website you're on? This isn't Whineseer or Derpa Derpa.

>As opposed to you cramming it down our throats?

Hide or/and ignore, you child. ET discussion usually lasts a few posts and dies down. You making a big deal out of is what derails the threads. You have have a hard on for censoring people.

>40k

I was told that Veeky Forums had standards.

ET is canon in the same sense that the REBELS and CLONE WARS animated cartoons are canon for the original Star Wars trilogy

Official Material, but so cringey and shit, you'd rather ignore it ever happened

>Arbitrary rules that you invented and tried to enforce on people.
Arbitrary rules that were created by a large group of people as the new social contract for the etiquette in these threads.

I've been posting for years but I'm sure as hell not the guy that originally put those disclaimers up.
They're arbitrary because our era is over; GW is no longer steering the ship and as a community we are getting by the best we can.

This thread being about Warhammer Fantasy before ET (while allowing ET fluff that doesn't supersede previous fluff) is the equivalent of making a thread about a band on /mu/ about the era before their lead singer passed away.

Sure, you can talk about the new composition of the band and their style, but trying to claim their new singer as being the true lead-man in a thread about the dead guy is just silly.

Can we ignore this fucker and talk about my Heinrich and Luitpold rules and whether they're shitty or not? It's been a while, so if you've forgotten Endhammer entirely (or never bothered to read shitty fanfic by a bunch of retards on Veeky Forums), I'll give you the run-down.

Endhammer's an attempt by members of this board to salvage End Times and move the setting forward a couple years without completely borking the warhammer world beyond recognition. The two characters I'm discussing are the sons (in the fluff prior to End Times) of two of the principal players of the empire. Namely, Karl-Franz and Boris Todbringer.

Luitpold von Holswig-Schliestein is the intelligent and bookish son of Karl-Franz. He was a competent prince, schooled well by his father, who understood diplomacy. But was never talked about as a great warlord or any such things (after all, it was still Charlie Boy riding the battlechicken into war). Luitpold II (a.k.a. Karl's Jr.) now reigns from Averheim following the destruction of Altdorf (which is now a Mordheim map in Endhammer), though he technically is still Prince of Reikland. Karl-Franz died following the battle of Averland when the spirit of Sigmar left his body.

Heinrich Todbringer is one of old Boris's many bastards, but his only recognized one. Red-haired, brutish, and violent, Heinrich is the perfect Ulrican warlord. Possessing some of his father's ambition, he managed to convince the Ar-Ulric to legitimize him and make him Graf of Middenheim (while killing his simpleton brother). He's promised to return the Empire to Ulric if he wins the election. (This has resulted in what survivors there are of Sigmar's church lining up behind Luitpold -- including a surviving Luthor Huss).

Feel free to ignore it. You know what the Star Wars dudes have and you don't? Maturity. I don't see them throwing a tantrum and trying to silence people who like these series in their threads.

>You gave others the authority to do so. So you are as much to blame. You gave the killer the gun and justification.
You're literally comparing someone disagreeing with you on the internet with getting stuffed into a locker.

You may have been bullied as a kid, but this is not that.

Someone should have stuffed him in a locker more often. Maybe he'd know not to be such a fucking spaz.

I turn this back on you by saying that since you never got your way in RL, you try to do so on the internet. This whole thing stems from your sense of lack of control.

Veeky Forums is an agora.
You get the best and the worst, mixed.

Also, go fuck yourself.

I like the Luitpold rules and the idea of a commander having the power to influence the battlefield not just immediately around him.

After all, that's how the real world works.

And officer isn't there to fight; he may be a competent soldier but his position is used to keep the element together and ensure mission completion.

Heinrich is fine and I think the idea of the bastard being less trained in the art of war and more of a heavy handed fist is an interesting take on him.

Have you thought about exposure of the southern lands?

Does Luitpold get hit on by elector count of Nuln Emmannuele von Leibwitz?

I genuinely hope you're a troll and not just some kid with autism.

But if you've gotta go then seeya.

Is the guy who dumped Wood Elves still around?

Welp, exhausted all my sites. Can't find it. I swear, almost all of his other art is everywhere but that.

I'd scan it if I had it for ya, but I don't have that book since I don't play Dark Elves.

Looks like your cheapest source is $30 on eBay, free shipping.

Da.

>I don't see them throwing a tantrum and trying to silence people who like these series in their threads.
because the star wars crowd recognizes the series for what it is: a cashgrab aimed at children, any canon established there creates a minor giggle from any true star wars fan and then gets forgotten immediately, recognize any similarities to AoS?

The people who want to shove their "wow so epiiiiicc" setting on the true WHFB crowd,

Maybe, just maybe the fans would be more willing to discuss it's existance, if the entirety of ET wasn't a teeming pit of retcons and skub held together with asspulls

Yes. All day errday. She wants to be Empress. Also, that young Holswig-Schliestein dick, bruh.

Though it's complicated by Emmanuelle harboring Balthasar Gelt, who has been declared an Enemy of the State for his necromancy. Neither Heinrich nor Luitpold have the numbers or authority to dislodge him.

That's what I was going for. If you have any suggestions for other orders or think that the range of his orders should be extended, let me have it. Also, "Top of the Class" is just something I came up with. I think it needs a better name.

Heinrich is a blunt instrument. He thinks he's using the Ar-Ulric and the Ar-Ulric thinks he's using him and Gregor Martak is just trying to keep the peace (or he's dead. I forget what Endhammer settled on for who exactly died at the Battle of Middenheim).

>Southern Lands

Nothing in particular for like... new heroes or factions or anything. More Gilles elevating a number of peasants/man-at-arms/merchants to fill out the ranks of knights who died at the Battle of Altdorf and a few ambitious ones starting an errantry war to take Tilea/Estalia back from the Skaven.

Northern Tilea and Estalia are now Bretonnian principalities (think Milan's contentious relationship to the Holy Roman Empire). Southern Tilea is a confederation of surviving Tileans nominally under the leadership of the Alcatani and Rodrigo the Republican. Magritta is the last bastion of Estalia led by uber-zealous Myrmidian battlesisters.

Yet to figure out what happens to Stirland.

>because the star wars crowd recognizes the series for what it is: a cashgrab aimed at children, any canon established there creates a minor giggle from any true star wars fan and then gets forgotten immediately, recognize any similarities to AoS?

I have been in many Star Wars threads to know this is bullshit. Nice try.

Do you have collections for other factions?

Yep.

But I'd prefer to post in like nine hours if that's cool.

Which factions do you want?

Skaven. If not then Dark Elves.

I'm fine with waiting.

Do elves have nice feet?

the nicest

>Nobody cares about your preference and you don't get to set rules. ET is the canon and part of the WHFB like it or not

wrong

post 'em

>be High Elf peasant
>get drafted for annual military service
>get stationed on the Gates of Calith

how fucked is he?

Is there any lore/story on that Fortress? I suppose it's also a massive naval base and has a lot of traffic

It exists.

That's it.

Well, thank you anyway. I hope there is still DE players.

Erryvian Revy at the Ready, Shog- I mearn Phoenix Kingu

Nice digits.

Everytime I see Alarielle, I can't help but think of Caledorians calling her "That dumb slut in Averlorn" behind closed doors

That being said, Imrik should become Phoenix King

Imrik wouldn't win any elections. Too ambitious and cut-throat. But if the choice was between Malekith and Imrik and Dark Elves didn't get to vote...

Rodrigo and the leader of the Alcanati Brotherhood (whose name I forget) could use some 8th edition rules if people just wanna play "counts as Empire" Tilean armies.

Oh no, one vampire bloodline is going to be entirely erased because of mysterious magic! Which one should it be?

Or, if you could make a new vampire bloodline, what would you focus them around? Try to make it something that can be represented in rules.

>cut throat
nice deception, Sapherian, everyone knows you guy are rigging the ballot box

Eltharion.
He's the only one with solutions to the greenskin problem, and will rebuild ties with the Dwarfs.

But honestly, anyone is better than Tyrion.

>But honestly, anyone is better than Tyrion.
Even i?

humans are barely even sentient, they need to focus all of their meagre willpower just to keep from worhipping chaos

not fit to rule anything

Honestly i can't see why HE and Empire would ever fight.

Malekith > Tyrion

not on a impeial level, but I could see plenty of reasons why some count would ask to get his ass kicked by a some Prince

both are reasonably shit

There is that.

Dunno. I wouldn't erase one, since they are all the prototypical archetypes.

Strigoi are the bestial flesh eating monsters, ghoul kings.
Necrarch, are the Nosferatu type. The more lowkey spine tingling terror of something unatural.
Lahmia are seductresses. The sexy vampires.
Carsteins are the classical gothic horror vampires. The aristocratic kind of monsters.

The only kind of thing that isn't really represented is a vampire that commands the wolves and bats and other beasts, though considering the Nosferatu connection of the Necrarch I could see them doing that, though rats are not part of the armylist traditionally.

Since WHFB has Werewolves as something chaos influenced rather than undead I guess seeing a skinwolf/vampire crossover would still be a possibility, though I'm not sure where they would fit.

Yes.
Individual HE Princes andEmp ECs have a lot of autonomy.

Not a fullfkedged war, but something like how Aislinn fucked up a Marienburg port once.

Our late beloved sovereign Finubar disagreed.

>The only kind of thing that isn't really represented is a vampire that commands the wolves and bats and other beasts, though considering the Nosferatu connection of the Necrarch I could see them doing that, though rats are not part of the armylist traditionally.
There was a low class Lahmian in Ulrika of mixed blood that shapeshifted into animals. She ran a brothel.

Von Carsteins usually get animals. Dracula's dominion over the creatures of the nught, you see, and their beautiful music.

Good.

Finubar should get the dwarf cocks out of his mouth before sharing his opinion.

Strigoi got some beasty connections as well, with Varghulfs and Terrogheists, though Vargheists are a Vonny thing.

Found the Caledorian.

>endtimes is stupid fan fiction and isn't canon, don't talk about it!
>talk about literal fan fiction and Headcanon instead
You guys are some kind of special

Dann right, peasant.

Vampire druid leading an army of bats, wolves, Varghulfs Terrorgheists and god knows what else.
mite b cool

Isn't that why people used to enjoy Warhammer? Talking about your dudes?

When fanfictions and headcanon is literally better than actual canon, that's what causes communities to break down.

Why you think the poor Warcrafters are having such a hard time? They started with generic Warhammer rip-off and somehow IT GOT WORSE. They're just bringing back dead characters now.

I'd like to know more about the other kinds of vampires -- Cathayan, Southlands, etc.

Do Cathayan vampires hop around like Chinese vampires?

>Do Cathayan vampires hop around like Chinese vampires?
You could say some can even stop time.

Why not a former University Professor turned Necromancer after trying to preserve animal specimen who ends up resurrecting an army of random animals to bring him more victims to Experiment on

Vampire chan a best. After Morathi.

Tyrion was literally the perfect choice for Phoenix king before he started being a raging Emo bitch in the endtimes that lead to him being avatar of khaine. For a group that wants to make endtimes null, I'd think they'd want to focus on him being the true heir of aenarion, like they suggested for as long as he's been around in the fluff. Malekith shouldn't even be an option if we're trying to ignore the retcon that triggers all the pseudo-oldfags, and Imrik is the only other one with a legitimate shot at PK and he's a racist prick who thinks humans need to be put in their place and shown elven supremacy

>rightful heir

Malekith was the rightful heir to Nagarythe. That's as far as his privilege of birth gets him.

Tyrion and Teclis have the privilege of having Aenarions blood, and that's how far their birthright goes.

And Imrik is right, the Humans in Warhammer think themselves equals to the High Elves, Finubars limp wristed Politics have not been successful.

We all know humans and Dwarfs are superior. They actually invent shit. Elves just rest on their laurels and get kicked off the continent by Dwarfs.

It'd be like if humans were kicked out of their homes by rats. Then the rats went back into their holes and roaches infested the old human homes. And then the humans still couldn't take their homes back.

Some pussy fucking humans, there. Except they're elves. That's elves. Elves are giant human pussies. Nuff said.

Tyrion being PK just comes off as too "perfect" and happy-ending-y. And completely ignores the Lancelot-esque storyline he's meant to imply. There's lots of Arthurian legends, so let me just take the simplest version from the musical, Camelot.

Arthur is a great and wise king, but is sometimes criticized for failing to act in time or letting bad things get worse because he wants to sit back and see how they turn out (for example, knowing that Guinevere and Lancelot are attracted to each other but not doing anything because he believes his wife and friend can resist their urges). Similar to patient (if undecisive) Finubar the Seafarer.

Guinevere and Alarielle have little in common, but if we imagine it's simply "a queen who is married to the king but has feelings for the greatest knight in the land" you can see the parallels.

Tyrion is the embodiment of Elven "chivalry" and valor. He is everything an Elf warrior ought to be and he is renowned and envied throughout the kingdom for this. Like Lancelot, he is a pure and virtuous knight, as well as hyper-skilled (to the point of besting all the knights of the round-table and matching, if not surpassing, Arthur). However, he is overwrought by his passionate love for Guinevere, to the point of casting aside his oaths and ruining Camelot to pursue his love for her.

In the end of the story, Camelot is ruined and Lancelot/Guinevere, who ran away together, are too ashamed and guilty to enjoy a healthy relationship. Guinevere becomes a nun.

>that finery that is supposed to look old-fashioned but is obviously based on Victorian hairstyles from after Warhammer's roughly 16th century setting

Still kind of bothers me.

Its not like 16th century had tanks and mages.

>There was a low class Lahmian in Ulrika of mixed blood that shapeshifted into animals. She ran a brothel.

There are quite a few very strange Lahmians in Ulrika, including one that is apparently a corpse and has its thoughts written in quick-regenerating wounds on the backs of slaves, or one titanically stupid one the size of an ogre, or one that looks like an athropomorphic bat.