Fallout New York Quest [ Oneshot? ]

War. War never changes.

In the years before the Great War, New York had been the economic core of the world of the 21th century. During that time, war was still waged over the resources that could be acquired. Only this time, the spoils of war were also its weapons: Petroleum and Uranium. For these resources, China would invade Alaska, the US would annex Canada, and the European Commonwealth would dissolve into quarrelling, bickering nation-states, bent on controlling the last remaining resources on Earth.

In 2077, the storm of world war had come again. In two brief hours, most of the planet was reduced to cinders. And from the ashes of nuclear devastation, a new civilisation would struggle to arise.

When atomic fire consumed the earth, those few who survived did so in great, underground Vaults, massive tombstones that sheltered hundreds if not thousands of lives at once. Your family was part of that group that entered Vault 97. Imprisoned safely behind the large Vault door, under the Statue of Liberty, generations have lived without knowledge of the outside world. On the outside as the years passed the inhabitants of the exterior set out across ruins of the old world to build new societies, establish new villages, forming tribes.

Some places managed to flourish and recreate the peace of the past while others became stained by the war and turned into torn parodies of civilisation. It is now the year 2253, your birth is now taking place and now.

>Choose between male or female.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sbmZN12drqo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Male

Queer fem male pansexfurry

Male

You were born an healthy male, not too heavy, not too thin, not short or tall, just average, which was good in a world riddled with mutations in which being average, ironically enough, wasn't the average.

As the Doctors grab and cut your umbilical cord they give you a small smack that activates your body and makes you cry and breathe for the first time in your life. Carefully they handle you to your mother, before asking her.

>What name will you give to your healthy boy?

Gene Roddenberry

Eh, there aren't any other votes, so I'll go with it.

Clint Wesley

"I'll name him Gene, Gene Roddenberry, like his father, may he rest in peace."

You still didn't knew it, but your father had died months before you were born in a radroach attack, the god-dammed creatures managed to enter into the super secure Vault at any chance that they had, and from time to time there was a small alarm due to an infestation that sadly, usually ended with one or two who died overpowered by the vermin and were devoured alive.

The sight of your father dying eaten alive became scarred on your mother's mind, and for the first years of your life you became almost unable to leave your room as you were repeated over an over how special you were. And indeed, you were S.P.E.C.I.A.L!

>Choose your attributes:
Strength: 5
Perception: 5
Endurance: 5
Charisma: 5
Intelligence: 5
Agility: 5
Luck: 5

>Available points: 5

>S 6
>P 7
>E 5
>C 1
>I 9
>A 6
>L 6

Put 1 into Perception, 1 into Endurance, and 3 into Agility.

I say 3 in agility and 2 in luck, luck always has a use

Charisma 1? That would make him be extremely shy and awkward, are you sure?

I'm shitting around a little. I do think Intelligence is important though, that shit's a lifesaver in Fallout

Str-4
Per-5
End-5
Cha-5
Int-6
Agi-8
Luc-7

S 5
P 7
E 5
C 8
I 8
A 6
L 1

Who needs luck when you have fighting spirit?

Drop Luck to 6 and get Perception at 6 and I'm on board with this, although personally I'd also say swap Intelligence and Agility
Nigger nooooooo think of the crits

I'm down with upping the perception, and swapping intelligence and agility, what to downgrade for perception though?

This looks good, but you don't need to be spending that much on luck.

Ok, voting time is over, give me a second, I'm making a comparison image to show what our skills would be

Shit I'm retarded, nevermind

>First Image:
>Second Image:
>Third Image:
>Fourth Image:
>Fifth Image:
You have five to ten minutes to vote, otherwise I'll go with a dice roll.

Voting for the Fourth

>

Jesus fucking chirst, What is this shitty monster we're making. If i had smelled you sooner, I'd had made you into a real Fallout Char.

Well, fourth it is. Writing now.

Nice to see you ol pal. I once tried to make myself on SPECIAL, I ended with pretty average stats and then I got depressed.

Voted for 4 btw, I'm just retarded. And I know that feeling of making yourself into SPECIAL. Least i was good with guns? Good too see you as well, Here's hope to a pimpin one shot?

wasn't New York hit with a nuke?
youtube.com/watch?v=sbmZN12drqo
Skip to 10:00

You were not a strong kid, but neither a pansy, yet even if your muscles weren't as bulging as the rest of the vault teens you weren't worried about it, most of the work that was needed around the Vault didn't required brute force, for most of the machinery was advanced enough to do the tasks near autonomously. Some other of your attributes were pretty regular, like your perception and your endurance; when you did your yearly medical exam you were fit to a treadmill and asked to repeat the numbers and characters of a far away poster and barely passed the test, but you weren't worried about that, there were other aspects in which you excelled.

Mathematics and Science were easy for you, you were not a genius by far but still you had less trouble than the rest to get good grades, still, that wasn't the things you excelled in. You were as agile as a monkey and honestly, that was both a blessing and a curse, what is worth being agile if you live isolated on an underground shelter in which you will never be truly free to run and jump?

Even if you were somewhat caged your dexterity proved to be useful more than once, on the weekly poker nights you usually won. Lady Luck was on your side and even if you sworn that you didn't cheated most of the times the rests of the players didn't believed in you, which made you promptly run away, never to be caught for you were way too swift for their clumsy hands.

As the years passed by slowly you started to become better at some skills:

>Choose 3 Tag Skills, they will automatically gain 15 points.

Nuclear missile strikes on New York City and Pennsylvania were confirmed at 9:42am, with nuclear strikes on Boston and Washington occurring at 9:47am

>Barter
>Science
>Medicine

Many areas were hit with a nuke, that's the deal with nuclear wars. Still in the Fallout Universe the nukes that China used were low yield but carried withing a greater radioactivity stain. There is one area in the City that has been directly hit with a Nuke and is a radiated hellhole for that.

Barter, Guns, and Repair

Rolled 2, 1 = 3 (2d2)

Ok, Barter is a tagged skill for sure. I'll roll 2d2 to choose between the other 2:

>First dice:
1 = Science
2= Guns

>Second dice:
1 = Medicine
2= Repair

Dice gods nooo. I also noticed a lack of posting best Faction.

As you slowly grown into adulthood you manage to learn bartering, that way you could always get some extra cash when you won at the cards, after your goat exam you also became a guard and gained some training with a 10mm gun. Your mother, worried about your well being yet proud for you also taught you medicine, for she was constantly worried about you being hurt in a friendly fire accident.

The year is now 2271, you are 18 years old, you already have your pip boy 3000 biometrically sealed on your forearm and you are now expected to be a fully functioning member of your vault, vault 97.

Your Vault is a curious place, due to its location on under the Statue of Liberty part of it isn't tecnically underground, but instead undersea, and from those few areas one can see the sea above, yet there isn't any speck of marine life around, only murky water. Another interesting feature of your Vault was that that on the Statue of Liberty two massive antennas were installed and attached to the arm that holds the torch, those antennas were built for two specific purposes, one would aim at China and would be only capable of receiving, while the other aimed at Great Britain and part of the European mainland and was built to send signals. The first residents of the Vault were told that they were assigned with searching and locating attempts of the Chinese of attacking the post nuclear America, while at the same time attempting to communicate with Europe to ask for international aid. So far and even after almost 200 years after the bombs fell nothing but static has come from both antennae, it seems that nobody else is alive...

Statistically speaking, that was impossible of course, but it wasn't until several explosives rumbled around and shook the main Vault Door that you weren't completely sure of life beyond your Vault.

>Try to comfort your mother, tell her its going to be ok.
>Grab your gear and run towards the door before they breach it, be on the front line.
>Go towards the security wing and see if you can check the outside cameras on the terminal.
>Write in.

>Go towards the security wing and see if you can check the outside cameras on the terminal.

A red light surrounds the entire Vault as more shaking makes everything crumble and crack, on what once was pristine concrete massive fissures start to appear, some of from which radroaches of smaller size start to emerge. Not wasting any time nor ammo you descend into the security wing while pushing the terrified people away and asking them to hide in their rooms.

Once inside the wing you see several other security members who had the same idea as you and are now attempting to fix a computer to apparently no avail, the damage had broken some of its internal circuitry or vacuum tubes, you aren't tech savvy enough to know how to fix it. Unable to aid to the rest you hesitate what to do, until a massive explosion throws you and everybody else to the ground. They had managed to enter inside.

Shortly afterwards Smitty came, a nerd who preferred to spend time with computer than with people.

"I think I can fix this up and see what have infiltrated, it will take me a few minutes..." He said after watching and observing the guts of the machine that was in front of us.

With a quick glare outside you saw several radroaches walking around, several of them menacingly approaching your room.

>Hold the room while Smitty fixes the Terminal and the Machines.
>Let them defend the area while you scout in the search of the invaders.
>Explore around in the search of Vault Dwellers that might be being attacked by Radroaches.
>Write in.

>Hold the room while Smitty fixes the Terminal and the Machines.

No point running around blind and aimless, We need to know where and whose's getting ate.

Its still fucking summer, where are all the faggots at?

Sorry guys but something came up. I have to finish it earlier, and by earlier I mean now. I thought that being summer I would have more free time to write but oh boy I was wrong.

I can tell you how I wanted this to develop if you guys want, I don't think I will be able to run a quest again in a long, long time...

Whelp God speed Axsisel and be safe. See you next time mate.

Fuck it here's what I had planned:

>The Mc is ultimately subdued and taken to the outside where several ramshackle vertibird await, including one landed on the destroyed head of the Statue, here we also learn that the Vault experiment was moot, that their antennas didn't truly work.
>Along with the rest of the prisoner he's given an explosive collar taken towards New York City
>During the travel one of the Vertibirds is destroyed by a rocket launcher wielding Super Mutant
>They are taken to the Chrysler Building were the auction is made and they are sold, the rest of the buyers are raiders from several groups and regular wastelanders
>Just when is the time of the MC to be sold next to some other vault dwellers of his age he is instead given a weapon and forced to kill everybody at gunpoint
>He along with the other four "lucky ones" are forced to kill raiders, friends and even family members
>He's then explained that it has all been made by the boss of one of the Raider groups, the Broken, who is covered with cancers and now that it is close to death wants to have a heir, yet he wanted someone who was pure and wasn't born into the scum of the city.
>They are then let loose on the city with the rest of the tribes hating their guts due to the massacre they have made.

>New York is divided by four main raider tribes:

>FEV-8:
Mostly intelligent Super Mutants with military gear and a taste for fire and engines. They want to restore a Tank and some Armored Personnel Carriers to dominate the rest of the tribes. They cannot due to their big size and lack of delicacy. The protagonists could help them and become a Super-Mutant itself. Their name is a bad pun on the V-8 engines and them being the 8th strain of FEV.

>Ghosts of Central:
Tribals who originate from a Vault under Central Park, a nuke directly hit on them and the damage over years caused their reactor to go supercritical, during the chaos they accidentally activated their GECK unit, making it mutate due the radiation and turning Central Park into a massive jungle. They want to expand their jungle and to aid them the MC would have to return to his Vault and get their GECK and activate it to double the Jungle in size.

>The Broken:
Raiders with a penchant for the Old World who live in the derelict Chrysler Building. They indulge in the worst aspects of the Pre-War america. For them people is nothing but another resource, they are rich fucks with a lot of power and not a drop of sanity on their rotten minds.

>Scalariak:
Mutant raiders who live in the sewers and are able to control mutant alligators. They simply want to eat and kill.

The players could either ally with the FEV-8, the Ghosts or the Scalariak and topple the Broken or either kill the rest and become the Heir of the New York Wasteland.

would they be the Smart FEV or dumb? Looks like honestly the only choice would've been the Heir of NY instead via murdering everybody. Wish this quest would've panned out.

Smart, due to being mostly clean of radiation.