Putosh Stalkers Guard Regiment/ Putosh Rangers Storm-trooper Company

Hey Veeky Forums I've been working on a personal guard regiment for a while and after seeing you all work with Hua-yuan I want to see if you can help me with some ideas and trimming up what I have. Ill give you the idea behind them and what I got so far.

The Idea is a guard regiment based off (If you couldn't tell by the title) STALKER, and Metro. with some other hints to 1960s - 1990s Russia thrown in to it. Now I'll give what I have so far.

Name: Putosh Stalkers/Rangers
Battle Cry: For the Home-world (May be changed)
Founding: Sometime in the 41st Millennium
Home-world: Putosh
Strength: 2000 Regiments
Specialty: Urban/Hive Warfare, Mechanized Warfare, Fighting in wasteland environments.
Allegiance: Imperium of Man
Colours: Brazen Brass, Catachan Green, Graveyard Earth.

[Place Banner here something with hints of Russian/Radiation/Stalker/Metro]

The Stalkers:
Mechanized Infantry who specialize in combined arms assaults, along with fighting in environments where their is lethal levels of radiation, or other toxic areas.
Have special tactics for using mechanized in hives and urban areas, along with other special when in more natural environments. Have a history of fighting Chaos Marines
thus most of what they do is built around fighting them though a regiment or 2 may be specialized in fighting other enemies in the same area.

The Rangers:
Rangers specialize in shock attacks where STALKERs have trouble. They have 2 main missions on Putosh. 1: Defend the underground trains between Hives, and Strongholds from raids or other things.
2: Spearhead assaults as an elite shock force, along with more asymmetric styles of fighting in lower intensity conflicts (Read Guerrilla Warfare/C.O.I.N.).
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oPsiRGMEDW0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

TLDR: Putosh Stalkers

Regiment Classification:
Standard Guard Regiment

Regiment Demographic:
Mostly Male

Nature of Recruitment:
Standard conscription

Homeworld Designation:
Industrial World

Homeworld Terrain:
Wasteland/Urban

Regiment Core Units:
Mechanized Infantry/Shock Troopers

Specialization:
Wasteland Fighting/ Shock & Awe

Loyalty Rating:
Fanatical

Special Equipment:
Preferred Strategy and Tactics/ Specialized Lasgun Pattern

Regiment Creed:
For The Homeworld

Regiment Friends:
Adeptus Mechanicus assosiated with the planet Vostroya, and Putosh

Regiment Enemies:
Chaos Space Marines of Skull Crushers warband

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TLDR: Putosh Rangers

Company Type:
Grenadiers: Elite troops taken from veterans of a planet's existing regiments.

Training World predominant terrain:
Wasteland/Urban.

Specialization:
Foot Troops (Can be suplemented Transports by allied Stalkers or Rail Cars).

Special Tactics:
Shock Troopers.

Special Equipment:
Terrain Specialized Equipment.

Company Leadership:
Guard Officers.

Company Size:
Large 500-700.

Company demeanor:
Resourceful, Heroic.

Company Friends:
Adeptus Mechanicus of Vostroya, and Putosh.

Company Enemies:
Deamon Prince Skull Crusher and his warband.

Note for Veeky Forums This regiment is based off my desire to add some more modern Military things
along with Stalker, and Metro into the 40k Universe. The homworld would look something like the territory in both games
with a lot of the planet being like chernobyl but multiply all the size of the reactors, research stations and such to 40k size and the ferocity of mutants.
And for metro have the hives be like that with some rare ones near where reinforcements poured in still being able to live in above ground. While areas that have
seen more combat have overgrown irradiated/toxic filled hives above ground with Chernobyl like decay and overgrowth.

Thats what I have so far from notes.

You have invoked stalker and summoned /k/

for starters let's give them auto guns or las guns in the Kalashnikov pattern obviously

Battle cry "For the Motherland" (Russia)

good at making improvised autoguns for long campaigns without resupply.

Russia's doctrine for that era was combined armed set piece battles so that doesn't jive with your stalkers. Maybe the mechanized units advance with cover from chemical weapon artillery.

snipers all have mosin PU pattern because it's (dope pic related)

for killing space marines their chimera could have a lascannon mounted instead of heavy bolter.

for flavor they specialize in distilling promethium to its alcoholic parts which they make into molotov cocktails they can drink if they want.

Maybe take the "For the motherland" to the extreme? They view their homeworld as itself as the Emperor like an inversion of the Sun God view of the emperor on many primitive worlds.

I'm already from /K/ I know what I have done!

I would rather say they use Lasguns with a large Energy cell and thus pack more energy into every shot then the normal guardsman. I Said Mechanized simply because i'm a Tanker who is branch detailing Infantry in the US Army.

>Why can't we be trained like the Panzergrenadiers, they were fun to work with. ;-;

I say Mechanized because my lore reason for what makes them strong besides surviving in wastelands was that they realized that throwing people at thing may not work so they had a huge thing were people made things called tactics and strategy unheard of in the guard, This plus I like Cold war Soviet, and WW2 German Mechanized Doctrines a lot.

Rangers are based off Metro Rangers of course and are the light infantry brother to the STALKERs.

>I want Longlas Mosins bad!

I'm thinking more Autocannon then Lascannon what you think?

I was thinking about their Chimera being like a more up-armored version with an Autocannon or Lascannon.

in terms of 40k, lascannon will 1 shot a space marine or a terminator while autocannons still give them their armour save.

True yeah that makes more sense then for a Planet who had to kick out Chaos Marines with little help and fear of no reinforcements after a certain point.

So now we add these items

>Signature weapons are Lasrifle AK-47s, LongLas Mosins, Promethium in a bottle (Molotov)
>Chimera's use Lascannons as to fuck Marines over En-Masse.

Were still questioning if we should stick with Mechanized for the STALKER units since that makes it weird. But my Mechanized boner is fine with it.

perhaps these guys are mechanized urban scouts that operate more like dragoons. They are advance scouts that get ahead of the main force then dismount and search on foot being stalkerish using their chimeras as mobile bases for supply and and C&C

I actually like this idea! and the way they fight is Guerrilla type engagements or something like that.

So who would they be visually based on visually Loners,Duty,Rangers,Monolith, or mercs?

Strong contenders are Duty is say Fits the imperium nicely

What does other Imperial regiments think of them when they are deplyed alongside eachother? Just trying to highlight this so you can write up an outsiders perspective on them

I think the problem is that we're trying to figure out niches for what are essentially the exact same type of units, mechanized shock troops.

I think they would be mostly based off of Loner camo patterns though their would be Heroic regiments based off the Minor factions. For the Rangers though they are the Stormtroopers of the Planet.

I'm actually not sure now that I think of it. For now all I can think of is how it would be if the Modern US Army interacted with post fall Russian Army or something like that. Some big themes with Putosh would be

>Scavengers: They mostly scavenge and tend to not steal from allies if they don't have to think thieves with a code.
>Cooperative: They tend to help their allies as they see everything as if they don't work together they die alone so they tend to work well with different types of regiments in attempts to mix strategies and cover each other short comings and compliment their strengths.
>Drinking: Slavs love their Drinks
>Iron Will: After living on a planet that suffered a fairly recent chaotic incursion leaving some of the wild life and areas with some touches of the warp (Mutants from Stalker, and Metro) they have a stronger stomach then most letting them charge into sicker things then most others as they have some experience already with warp fuckery and monsters.

Really im not sure as long as It keeps the STALKER/Metro feel with some Russia and Slavic stuff mixed in is good.

Probably would get along well with Valhallans, and Vostroyans, very similar in inspiration obviously just from different time periods. Something like the Death Korps I can see them standing at odds with, despite their similar chemical warfare role. This would probably be due to their very different combat doctrines.

Duties color scheme is on point

Plus they hate mutants

I do know for Lore many of the battles fought on their homeworld and across the Galaxy would be based on fairly recent (1970s onward) Russian battles. examples are >Stalingrad: fighting on the biggest hive on Putosh after the initial invasion and they banked on the defense and counter attack from the greatest Hive/Manufactorum on the Planet they orginially were pushed to the last 20% of the city and the invading Marines thought they were done and stopped focusing only to have a massive counter attack to follow after (Some natural disaster) happened and they began the longer counter attack retaking the city and cutting off the traitor Marines and the leader in that region of the Planet.

>Battle of Grozny: Grozny had several battles in real life where the first was a failed one where both the Russian troops and Commanders were not well versed in what to do and simply sent men to attack the city which resulted in many dead Troops and a massive boost in morale for Chechens the later battles would see Russian forces get stronger and more versed in how to fight in the city and they would eventually win in the 3rd battle Im not sure how to show this in 40k though haven't written it up yet.

>Colored Revolutions across Eastern Europe: Cultist uprising across the sector they are in with the ones on the home-world smashed with speed but some other not so easy on other planets in the Sector.

Siege of Leningrad: A Hive that was being sieged with fighting and starvation taking its toll on the surrounded and beleaguered hive but thanks to the underground system across Putosh they could occasionally get reinforcements through as the trains carrying much needed supplies are guarded by Rangers.

What do you mean I'm not sure I understand. The difference in my optinion was just one of them is Mechanized and more of a Line unit. The other is made of Veterans from the line units put into special groups of the Elite

My idea lore wise is that they were founded by Vostroya but are a fair distance away and have become somewhat different over time. Which is why instead of Cossack's they became Stalkers, and Rangers.

In this case I'd see the Rangers as more of a motorized infantry. Rapid reaction forces and quick advancement.

I guess it goes without saying that Putosh has been ravaged by numerous industrial disasters. Most hive cities and manufactorums are abandoned. Also, the local tech priest chapters are regarded with suspicion and mild disgust by the rest of the AdMech for their... ...unorthodox ways.

The architecture of Putosh doesn't follow the Gothic styles common in most Imperial worlds either.

Your on the money along with this due to a lot of the population building underground where they can maintain some form of clean air (Some cities survive the war so to live above ground is not impossible just not everyone can do it) I would say 80% of the population live above ground. and their are some areas where nature has reclaimed land leading to overgrown hives and Manufactorums (Like photos of Modern Chernobyl). Yes to the AdMechs the only reason they can still function is due to the local connection to the trusted Vostroyan Admech. Remember their Admech is like Crazy Russian Scientist.

Yeah that sounds right more Light Infantry either deployed above ground via Vultures with modified crew carrying areas (Hinds), or underground they will use their Armored Trains to support any major push.

Fuck it yeah your right Duty it is!

Russian scientists and engineers weren't crazy, just working with subpar materials, in an insanely factional and competitive work environment, under unrealistic timetables, and subject to political bosses with little understanding of the realities of their work and who were perfectly willing to execute them for not living up to demands.

Stalinist architecture is influenced by Gothic architecture. You'd more than likely see older areas in a more classic Imperial design while newer or rebuilt areas are flat blocks of concrete as resources dwindled.

How do you think we can best show a Soviet Techpriest then? or a Chernobyl specific Tech-Priest?

youtube.com/watch?v=oPsiRGMEDW0

Missing one leg at least

cybernetic eye

entire stomach is cybernetic

Abuses machine spirits and pours alcohol on the fucking thing if they are in pain

Talks to it and makes jokes all the time

By the Emperor yes!!! They also have to have a weird way of praising the Emperor like the difference between Orthodox and Catholic so something has to be different.

Also this paper is where my idea for how they fight in Urban/Hive/Manufactorum environments works something like this I believe would work best for them. In more open and natural wastelands it would be different though of course.

As far as conceptual differences go or appearance?

Conceptually, they're going to be closely tied in with the political rulers, with techpriests and Magos being a part of civilian and military leadership. Likewise, politicians and military officers will frequently have positions of authority within the local AdMech to the point where what would be a lay member of the AdMech on another world could hold power over techpriests and low-ranking Magos.

Appearance wise most would start out with standardized cybernetics that are added-to in accordance with their specialty while customization trends towards the discreet, even among the powerful, to prevent denunciation.

On the ground level tinkering and kludges are far more accepted as the logistic issues and inefficiencies means that units usually have to make due with what is on hand. A few pieces of equipment are kept in pristine condition to be trotted out during inspections while the rest are hastily made to look like they haven't been altered.

Orthodoxy and Catholicism aren't really different enough on a surface level to warrant a distinction in this case. Plus the nature of the Imperial Creed means that everyone is different to begin with.

I'm thinking a noted thing for Putosh Tanks, and IFVs is in urban environments they will all be mounted with Dozer blades to allow them to go down streets where ruble should block them off allowing them continue down the street and support the Infantry.

Also remembered some other Putosh related moments.

>9th Company: 9th Company, 345th Independent Guards Airborne Regiment was pinned down under heavy fire on Hill 3234 from 7–8 January 1988. They managed to stop three attacks by an estimated 200-250 mujahideen. The company lost a total of 6 men. Another 28 out of the total 39 were seriously wounded. Four of the killed soldiers were posthumously awarded the golden star of the Hero of the Soviet Union. The unit was in constant communication with headquarters and received everything the regimental commander, Colonel Valery Vostrotin, could provide in terms of rations, ammunition, reinforcements, and helicopter evacuation of the wounded.

>The 3 Divers: Ten days after the initial explosions and resulting disaster, another potential disaster in the making was uncovered among the smouldering debris of the Chernobyl nuclear plant. Water that was used to try and fight the flames unsuccessfully had become contaminated and then pooled beneath the reactor core. The reactor had had substances such as clay, sand, and boron dropped onto it by helicopters in an attempt to smother the flames. The resulting mixture was like lava and was slowly burning through the floor. Had it reached the water, the resulting fallout would have turned most of Europe into a nuclear wasteland caused by a mass steam explosion.

The only way to drain this water was by opening the gates. And the only way to do this was if someone dived down into the highly radioactive and contaminated water. Whoever did that would almost certainly die.

The 3 divers continued: Three men volunteered: Valeri Bezpalov and Alexie Ananenko who were engineers from the plant, and Boris Baranov was another plant worker. With full knowledge of the danger and with basic scuba gear and a dodgy lamp, they dived down to find the valve. Despite Boris’ lamp failing while diving down, the trio found the valve to open the gates and swam back up. Twenty-thousand tons of water was drained out, and a report stated that had the dive not taken place to open the gates, a thermonuclear explosion would have occurred as a result.

Valeri and Alexie died two weeks later in a Moscow hospital with Boris succumbing to death not long after. Due to the high radioactivity levels on their bodies, they were buried in lead coffins that were soldered shut.

Don't forget the scapegoating of a single model of tank despite said model suffering losses little different than the other tanks deployed.

Oh Willis, you were too good for us.

bumping with slavshit

Bump, hoping OP would come back satisfied