Hey Veeky Forums, I'm planning on setting up a 2000€ crypto-portfolio with this percentage distribution:

Hey Veeky Forums, I'm planning on setting up a 2000€ crypto-portfolio with this percentage distribution:
BTC 25
ETH 10
LTC 8
XMR 8
IOTA 6
NEO 6
ARK 6
OMG 6
ADA 5
VTC 5
XLM 3
SUB 3
REQ 3
GRS 3
LINK 3
Is it a good portfolio or am I spreading too thin? I might add some fiat later on and get out of not promising projects (looking at LINK).
I don't want any shilled coins, only advises to make a better distribution.

Best advice gets 0.1 ETH.

too spread, keep the list to 10 coins minimum.
Also research what coins can grow in the following year and aren't already driven by pure hype

dont you think that almost all of the small/midcaps have room to grow? Probably gonna scratch GRS, LINK and XLM

shamelessly bumping until somebody answers

that does not mean they will though

it's all luck

might as well try

well nobody knows if they will. a good portfolio should have a lot of active research behind it, even for long term hodls.

>BTC
>ETH
>LTC
>XMR

split at 50-80% among these (standard picks)

>IOTA
>NEO
>ARK

pick 1, dump 20% into it (long term moon potential + staking)

>OMG
>ADA
>VTC
>XLM
>SUB
>REQ
>GRS
>LINK

pick 1-2 and dump 10-20% into them (high risk, high reward coins)

but I want to hodl more coins

Top half of the list looks good, bottom half looks risky to me. It all depends on how much risk you're willing to take. Here's my portofolio, AMA

so you'd say scratch some risky coins and put it in the stable ones? btw I'm okay to lose everything in the risky holds or sell at a >50% loss and reinvest

Just buy combicoin or one of the other tokens that represents the top cryptocurrencies.

Buying this many coins on your own will not only be time consuming, but also costly.

I would put less in BTC and more in ETH/LTC/XMR. At least do an equal balance of the 4-- like all at 15%.

Despite huge gains this week, I don't see BTC growing more than 25% in the next several weeks (not to mention it's the most likely to crash or experience a major correction.) The other coins could easily double in the same time frame... Plus XMR is low right now (relatively speaking).

I personally like having a big portfolio ~15 coins, with as little as $20 in some coins. If just 1 or 2 take off, it covers all your risky coins, and then some. I'm also a newbie tho, so take that with a grain of SALT.

thanks for the suggestion. but since I'm buying everything with EUR, XMR climbed quite a lot in the recent month (>x2). I totall forgot about SALT!

oh wow, no kidding. It had been hovering ~245 USD last night/this morning, which is only 205 EUR.

I have a really similar portfolio @ 2000 USD. (Just have ZEC, EOS and MONA instead of OMG, VTC, and SUB). Ideally hoping to hodl for a while with minimum management, but pump & dumps make that difficult.

why not %100 ark?

he probably likes this money

honestly, I love the idea and vision of ark and hope the project turns out well. If ARK starts to pick up I'm gonna put more into it. Currently have only 50 ARK.
Btw I'm the person who made the aesthetic ark gifs (pic related)

Nah don't scratch any, just put less money in them since they're such a gamble compared to the coins with biggest network effects which will definitely be around in the years to come. I know how easy it is to get carried away with alts. I started with 5k in june and i wish i'd kept atleast 80% in the top 10 coins from the beginning.

thanks for the advice!

Good work, user. Looks fab

Best distribution coming through

>BTC: 100%

good portfolio op, i would do something similar but have more invested in btc, make btc atleast 50% or more imo and ltc too

thanks!

Diversification is a hedge against ignorance
100% MXR

Diversification is a hedge against ignorance
100% XMR