This man is your party's enemy for the session

This man is your party's enemy for the session

Does your party survive?

firstly we ask who the fuck that is.

What kinds of skills and/or supernatural powers does this guy in a suit have that we should be concerned about?

Yes, because anime is faggotry

Take Sean Connery James Bond, now making him fuck and kill 20 times more.

>expecting Veeky Forums to recognize something as old as Golgo 13

So, no time for drinking?

Sounds like a dirty commie.

>Does your party survive?
(party is the Rebel-Alliance equivalent of the A-Team) (Elite rebel commandos that get the job done)
Is he blaster-proof? Is he immune to Detonite?
because if the answer is anything but "yes" he'll be dead after the first encounter with the party.

2nd encounter if he just so happens to be.

>Take Sean Connery James Bond, now making him suck and kill 20 times more.
So Daniel Craig James Bond?

Golgo will shit down your throat with pinpoint perfect precision before you're even aware of him.

Golgo 13 is not to be taken lightly. I'd advise extreme caution for anything shy of Space Marines.

So... no magical defenses.

This seems easy.

Nah, you still die.

My 5e group has gotten trigger happy with the banishment spell, smite and classic. If he isn't from the right plane of existence, the fight is over.

I don't know who he is but probably not. They've almost been killed a handful of times by ganger mooks.

Sure, some paint thinner will take care of that pesky drawing.

Boils down to exact engagement scenario. If he can lay an ambush, he might be able to drop one or two characters.
If we are generally aware of his existence and intentions, he doesn't have a chance.

>If we are generally aware of his existence and intentions, he doesn't have a chance.
He's evaded most of the law enforcement agencies and militaries of the world, at the same time.

no, no he wouldn't.

he'd be dead and likely, have his head exploded with high-yield explosives just to make sure...

that's just how they roll...

Nope, they'd all be dead, you ain't beating him, not Golgo.

He once killed a target by shooting through a fucking building, through fucking bulletproof glass, and hitting the fucking chain on the big ass chandelier so it would fall on his target while he was boning his daughter in law.

Also he had 8-bit sex in his Nintendo game.

Party is meddling in supernatural, while he might surpass us in both raw power and skill, we still got the upper hand via assorted trickery and dickery.

You aint got shit on G-13, see the post above you.

So you have an entire party of internet tough guys. That just means you are extra dead

he's not a superhuman, he's just some cold-hearted asshole. he's not special, and as such he is mortal, a dangerous state to be in around these guys since they have blown away bigger assholes than whats-his-face and had actual superpowers. And seeing as I was the GM of the party. I'd make damn sure that it stayed that way.

Golgo 13 sounds like really shitty power fantasy. Why is it so popular?

Golgo 13 was operatorcore before operatorcore was cool

Golgo is superhuman for all intents and purposes and the standard way of dealing with him is going in the other direction and hoping you never meet him again.

Is opteratorcore another word for tacticool?

Not remotely similar, no

>Golgo is superhuman for all intents and purposes
no, no he's not.

and as I am the GM, so have I declared it, so shall it be.

Then what is the difference?

Another victory for Golgo then, wohoo.

Operatorcore are depictions of operators operating operationally

Taciticool are when the rule of cool is applied to military gear to the point of being ridiculous.

Golgo doesn't need tacticool bullshit because he's the operators other operators wish they could grow up to be some day.

>Another victory for Golgo then, wohoo.
how do you possibly interpret "you lose" as "you win"?

it's a shit character who is going to get treated like shit.

>Golgo doesn't need tacticool bullshit because he's the operators other operators wish they could grow up to be some day.
or he's just a shitty character to serve some sad power-fantasy by sad people.

Nah, it is a win. Your argument essentially boils down to "Nuh uh, I win because I say so."

Nope, see

It came out in 1968 so technically I guess it could be seen as a power fantasy but it pretty much predates 90% of the silly shit that has come out of the genre.

so your shitty character icon can only win if he's treated like a special snowflake and anyone who disagrees is a poopy-head?

Veeky Forums has done far worse to better written characters! why should yours be treated any differently?

ADDITION:
This man is your party's ally for as long as Golgo 13 is its enemy. He will do his best to keep each party member alive.

Does your party survive?

>no one on Veeky Forums recognizes golgo 13
For real niggers? It's one of the most classic of classic anime/manga. I don't even think it's that great, but it's like not knowing HnK.

Golgo is older than the majority of the userbase of this board.
Veeky Forums is made up of newfags, nothing new.

Don't be surprised, we're almost at the point where people born after 2000 can be on Veeky Forums.

>inb4 one man punch levels of fan wank
>parody excuse

>one man punch levels of fan wank
How could there even be any fan wank about One Punch Man? He beats anyone in one punch, end of story. Nothing to wank over.

That depends on who hired him. So long as whoever put the hit out isn't super human negotiating Duke to be called off shouldn't be too hard. The question is how long it'll take, and how long we can keep him at bay.

Is this the guy who's wife fucked an alligator and then he had no choice but to kill that alligator because that guy is end boss material

Jesus christ, can you miss the point of this entire hypothetical any harder? His entire character premise is that he's the best assassin, he assassinates things[period]. His skills and feats are derived from that premise, he will fulfill the character description regardless of circumstance; rather he will adapt his skills to suit circumstance. It's not like this is specific to him or to manga, ever genre has one of these sort of things and in this question any could be substituted for Golgo and the scenario would remain the same. This isn't god damn rocket science, you drooling retards. It's a simple and even cliche thought experiment: If the terms of the adversary are specific and immutable, then to survive the scenario you change the scenario, not the adversary. Fucks' sake, it's like trying to wrangle a special ed class in here.

Please tell us why we should fucking care then

So, is the party facing a very good human assassin, or MC Protagonist wearing Plot Armor?
Because the first is trivial, and the second is the equivalent of an "everything proof shield".

You're expecting too much of a board that still wonders why quests aren't gone.

Maybe next time think of an interesting scenario instead of "You come across this picture I jerk off to because he's so fucking awesome! How would your party not die!? Protip: You can't because he's so awesome!"

>Vs Shadowrunners

Alright, Wired Reflexes Street Sammy is gonna make lunch meat outta Togo, that is before the mage fucks with him

A VERY Good Human assassin

Magic. Seriously, if you're going to say "he's so good he can beat magic", then I might as well just be shitting on my keyboard than typing.

The duke is a force of nature, your only chance of victory is bribing the guy that hired him so that he stops.

Don't you fuckers know by now?

Nerd sees thing he likes, comes to Veeky Forums to show how shit what you like is by comparison.

So, what you're saying is; "Can your party beat this guy? Trick question you can't, he's that good."

If my DM pulled that shit I'd be out of the door before he'd finished talking.

>A VERY Good Human assassin

so to answer 's question, that's mewling fanboy code for the latter...

but muh manga

Yes, the Duke will find a way around magic because that's what he does. He's fucking OPM but as a spy and 4 decades older.

It's a good thing I'm not playing as a fucking god because I'd hate to see the mental gymnastics youd need to pull to justify this guy winning because he's JUST THAT GOOD GUYS.

>but muh manga
see pic.

see now that guy is a real challenge because HE can counter 90% of all PC's WITH SCIENCE!

Nah, you just like the guy so you're okay with him shitting on things.

The answer is always fucking yes OP because nobody plays tabletop to lose.

It's always with prep time, etc. Plus the nature of most games prevents single sniper shots from far away killing you without a chance of burning fate/luck or having someone respond.

>Nah, you just like the guy so you're okay with him shitting on things.
maybe, maybe not.
but he's still far more interesting than OP's character.

>disagreeing with a post literally ending in 007

People take it like it's not a parody of exactly what they're treating it like.

We're hitting irony levels that shouldn't even be possible.

Nigger that's fucking Golgo13. The best assassin on the planet. And I don't mean your cosplay faggot assassin guilds who poison drinks as a prank... I mean this guy does not work for less than three million, and you come to him begging for him to do you the solid of killing someone while you hand him the three mil.

This guy has shot a dude from a moving airplane. That's like 150 to 175mph and he cracked his head open in one fucking shot.

The man also has an amazing will save. He could get cornered in a dark allyway and doesn't even raise an eyebrow. If you are in his perephial vision, you are IMMEDIATELY flat footed and he can declare attack of opportunity.

Some believe he is the living manifestation of some spooky skeleton Jesus that wears a crown of thorns. So Nerull?

My advise is you use a wish spell, and wish for you never have to meet him.

Yes. The monk, known now as 'The Hand of Death', beats him to death.
>But muh-
Fuck you.
On another note, I can't wait to tell the PCs what overblown reputations they've gained so far.

>This guy has shot a dude from a moving airplane. That's like 150 to 175mph and he cracked his head open in one fucking shot.
>The man also has an amazing will save. He could get cornered in a dark allyway and doesn't even raise an eyebrow. If you are in his perephial vision, you are IMMEDIATELY flat footed and he can declare attack of opportunity.
>Some believe he is the living manifestation of some spooky skeleton Jesus that wears a crown of thorns. So Nerull?
BOOOOOOORING!!!

Yawn!

Oh nonono user you misunderstand. The entire party wouldn't die, only the person someone paid Golgo to kill.

Everyone else would be fine assuming they don't instigate him too badly. My advise is do not draw a weapon, and keep your back to a wall. That tends to make him content.

I'd hire this one guy to take out a tarrasque before I sent your pussy party. He'd get that creepy old guy to make him special rounds that deal acid and burn damage to melt right through the tarrasque's head and collarpse it in such a way that it's disjointed bones keeps damaging themselves as it's regenerating making it "dead" for all intents and purposes. People than build a theme park ontop of him. Roll credits, Golgo fucks your mom during those credits.

Do tell about the overblown reputations.

>Storytiem!

Literal cringe.

This manga IS a parody right? It's not played straight is it?
I'd get where the assassin cock garglers were coming from then.

But if he is just the world's best assassin EVAR then you shits need better taste.
I mean seriously, James Bond is a more believable character at this point.

At this point, "It's a parody" is just the new "takes place in VR" in terms of absolute shit it has manifested.

As someone currently playing a system literally about demigods going from mere superhuman to straight up godly, I'd love to see what bullshit gets pulled out of the arse here.

>I'd love to see what bullshit gets pulled out of the arse here.
Careful! you may end up regretting those words.

They're basically five-star badasses... on paper.
>Stopped a cult ceremony and killed the black knight behind it (surprise, he had a history of badassery)
>'Killed' the leader of a worldwide criminal empire, freed an entire city and got criminal '
second in command executed
>Snuffed a set of mercs sent to kill them (actually sent to kill someone else)
>Actually killed the ex-prince of not!Japan, who was the student of the black knight
>Killed another international criminal, winning the favor of the Empress of setting's China
>List of former allies not limited to:
>>Definitely not Ghengis Khan
>>Definitely not William Wallace
>>Ancient silver dragon
>>Rich as fuck elven noblewoman and warlock
>>Oni/Mage Ogre warrior who bit the prince's lover's arm clean off
>>Master of the Still Water style
>>Strongest single spellcaster in the setting, a walking legend, who enchanted their weapons
>>International hero half-elf paladin
They're level six, about to hit seven. And the best part is that they actually won everything fair and square except for the criminal leader by setting up a plan and following through.

>Golgo13 has been hired to kill one of your party members.
>Your idiot players think they can take them on.
>Assuming they don't attack him in a nice line, Golgo will manage to avoid their attacks and kill his target. They can go to the church and pay out the ass for a resurrection spell if they want but one way or another Golgo is getting his man.

>PCs become the antagonists and want revenge on Golgo for doing his job like a lawful neutral bro.
>They plot to kill him in his sleep and unload a wave of save-or-dies and other shit upon him.
>Golgo expected these retards and started sniping them from afar and leaves one of them alive so they can go back to the church and resurrect them and hopefully learn their lesson.

>They probably don't...
>Their economy goes from small village to Las Vegas over night because they keep dragging their bloody bodies back to get healed thinking they can take on Golgo.

>gm is never invited back
>he shit posts on Veeky Forums

you're fapping to your own green text, aren't you?

I'm going to stay realistic in here

Golgo will kill any normal fighters

Golgo will spend an arc fighting any quadratic wizards they fights will be hard for him but he'll probably succeed in the end

anything that verges onto the mythical is probable to be way out of his league and he'll probably not even accept the contract since he knows dealing with mythical beings is not his line of work

in short Golgo is a god amongst men when paired with humans but he stands at a massive disadvantage if put against something like a deathwatch party or an elder god

So basically he is a chump who would lose the second he does not have his setting, gottcha.

what Im saying is that the guy would beat the shit out of call of cthulu and shadowrun parties

he's essentially on the same skill level as a high ranking vidictus assasin

>Golgo is hired to kill Cthulhu by a super secret government organization.
>They don't expect him to take the job because it's fucking Cthulhu. Golgo takes it because he takes pride in doing the feats, not the money.

>Golgo fucks bitches and drinks scotch as he studies secrets man was never meant to know.
>He calls a guy to craft him a gun that makes no logical sense in it's trajectory. After reading the forbidden lores of old he has become knowledgable in alien gemotry.
>With this arcane rifle he is able to snipe Cthulhu in whatever appendage you would define as his vital spot. You probably could not eve see it with your mortal eyes, but Golgo is not going by sight, but by his assassin intuition.
>Cthulhu is dead. Spooky levels go down dramatically, /x/ has nothing to post about.
>Didn't even have to make a sanity check cause the scotch and dopamine from mad pussy kept him chekee brekee.

Actually not that far now that i think about it, has the same personality or lack thereof.

please! no more or might gag!

So for fans of Golgo, is he really this boring?

Makes me think yes, but I'm pretty sure that it is all the same guy.

After seeing how Mary Sue this guy is I actually want to make a PC with him. I want it to be a Black Crusade campaign where Golgo is a champion of Khorne, Deadpool a deamon prince of Slaanesh, Batman an avatar of Tzeetch, and Saitama a chosen of Nurgle. (His baldness clearly a sign of some outrageous diseases...)

And have them all have competing interests.

This is almost Sonic bad.

I loved that game. #2, not so much.

I don't get it, do you guys even care for an answer to OP, or is this just a circlejerking thread on Golgo13?

he's not some amazing paragon of a character from a literary perspective, he's just iconic for being the protagonist of one of the longest running serial manga. The thing's had all kinds of ups and downs over the past what is now approaching half a century. It's not like you can judge his character based on some kind of vague average of events. At its best Golgo13 has had some great drama, clever assassination plots, and occasionally topical elements. At its worst it's rehashed several gimmicks multiple times, succumb to formula, and in the overall rendered the character himself a little monotonous. But basically no one has been reading Golgo13 for the whole of its publication. For the 5-10 year span that any given reader has had with Golgo13 as a serial, it has managed to remain a solid series of stories.

Sonny Chiba played him in the live action movie, so no, they don't.

the greatness of the manga is just how big they go onto detail on how Golgo succeds

Golgo himself is a bland character, but it's really more about the stories around him and how he affects them

plus the payoff is usually really good since Golgo is always pitted with absurd challenges and he always needs some elaborate plan to succed against them (Instead of being just a long range version of one punch man)

the gist of Golgo is the creative ways he solves problems like managing to outfool an automatic targeting system by fighting it on a slope where the drop distance of the bullet will be different

Or killing a politician using a one shot plastic gun so he can safely dispose of it by tying it up to balloons and still be able to pass it trough metal detectors claiming it's a toy

So asian batman, aka shit.

Sonic wishes he was on Golgo's level. The human eye can at complete 20/20 vision see about 30fps. That's about 13miliseconds before visual stimuli occurs. Golgo13 is only human and will not process the information this fast or move his fit muscular arm for the gun as fast as 13miliseconds, but in a previous episode I believe it said he pulled out his sidearm in about 1.3 seconds. But this is a misnomer because we know Sonic is clearly faster than any handgun's trajectory. So he'd never catch him in time.

HOWEVER... Golgo would do his research about Sonic before the kill, and Eggman could definitely make it worth his while. From there Golgo would instigate Sonic by kidnapping Amy. She'd be in no real danger as Golgo13 only kills his assigned targets. But Sonic would be busy worrying about Amy, untying her, and in that small window of opportunity untying her and picking her up to move her out of harm's way, Golgo has about two seconds to shoot Sonic. Doesn't even have to be a precise shot just fast enough to leave him unable to move at chili dog speeds.

To perhaps give him some better odds, he makes sure to shoot Sonic while wearing his sunglasses to lower the glare of Sonic's ridiculous speeds. Lower resolution may actually work better in this case for Golgo to dinstinguish Sonic's blue blur from his general surroundings.

Golgo13 kills everything.

Even time.