This means dice towers are ok

This means dice towers are ok

>Ancient roman dice tower used in the playing of dice games. 4th century AD, found in Germany

1. Of course dice towers are okay, if you want to use them.

2. Why would some random ancient Roman using them affect whether or not they're okay?

Taking "they did it in Germany at some point" as a qualifier of things that are ok, we're setting up some nasty precedents...

Have to say, that looks pretty awesome.
The stairs at the bottom are a nice touch.

Longevity, tradition, or history does not determine a thing's appropriateness.

But then again, why would dice towers not be okay? Especially ones that well built like pic.

Although also makes a good point.

Why would dice towers hypothetically not be okay, given a lack of historical precedent?

>if it's old, that means it's not cancerous shit

Nice logic, retard. As expected of a towerfag. Kill yourself.

What kind of group refuses to use dice towers? They're just kind of clunky to carry with you

I've had some people not want me using mine because "the dice will get stuck inside and it'll be more of a hassle than its worth,".

That won't even be an issue just so long as I don't mash twenty dice inside the tower at once like some kinda mongoloid though, but I'm also not about to start an argument over inane bullshit like dice rolling contraptions.

>towerfag
>kill yourself
>retard

/v/ plz leave

You're reeeaaaaally trying to force your gay "/v/ plz leave" meme, aren't you?

Please leave.

>people just want to force memes
>all things are memes

/b/ plz leave

>HURR DURR LE EPIC MAYMAY
>I SHORE TOLD HIM XDDDDDDDD

Again, kill yourself you retarded fucking towerfag.

>"/board/ plz leave"
>not a meme

You can't be this stupid.

It's not a meme. It's telling people to go back to their board.

>against forcing memes
>forces towerfag meme

Wew lad

recommend me a dice tower, OP.

Not even the original guy, just someone casually noticing that someones going from thread to thread and making fairly identical posts.

What's weird about them is that they're absolutely nonsensical. /v/ is a video games board that really hasn't had a negative stigma for years. Trying to associate random posts they don't like with /v/ is just silly.

>/v/ is a video games board that really hasn't had a negative stigma for years.
You're kidding, right?

Just went back there.

Still shit.

I'm at a loss to think of any historical German activity that wouldn't improve the world through its revival.

Not at all. /v/ has a wide variety of opinions, and is hardly a place that can be condemned in a blanket manner. There's also no need to continue on and reply with some unfunny exaggerations.

And, if you're whole issue is about wanting "/v/" to leave, you should probably spend your time shitposting in the The Elder Scrolls General and the Warcraft General, instead of trying to associate random things like disliking dice towers with a diverse video games board.

I remember reading about a document found in the Roman catacombs from around 17 B.C. Apparently it was written by a GM that got pissed off as all hell at his party for doing stupid shit, until one guy came along with a dice tower and just kept rolling 20's. From then on it spread into the general RPG scene in Rome.

I think you're new here and don't understand /v/ is the second most hated board on the site after /b/.

the habsburgs mate

did you see what their chins looked like towards the end?

Inbreeding.
Paganism.
Catholicism
Protestantism.
Communism.
Capitalism.

>implying

I said there was no need to reply with some unfunny exaggerations.

Who are you even trying to fool here?
Where are you from, tumblr? Are you upset because /v/ discusses video games that have male protagonists positively, or something equally petty?

Actually, don't bother answering. Just don't reply, and in fact, stop posting altogether about your weird /v/ hate, and focus on the actual board topic, which happens to be traditional games.

>DELETA
>LVDITE

Religion isn't necessarily bad, but we can save that for /pol/.

Nice try Hans.

I wasn't suggesting that it was- okay, maybe I was- but mostly I was angling for the fact that he probably doesn't approve of all three of those at once.

Kill yourself, nazi

The funny thing about Merkel, is that she's so desperately distancing herself from being Hitler, she ended up horseshoeing into a nega-hitler.

>Silence the Germans! There must not be voices of dissent! Long live the glorious moslem race!

>I have no idea what I'm talking about, but I will L I T E R A L L Y bend over backwards to compare people I don't like to Hitler, even if I have to go all the way around

c'mon, at least be smart and compare her to uncle joe

>Not making your own

What, you didn't hear the news about how she's been locking up people posting 'hate speech' on social media, or how she only allows news outlets uncritical of her recent immigration policies? Or that she's accusing the german nationalist party of being the return of actual nazism for the mere opinion that maybe these muslims need to be extensively screened in case they might be terrorists?

>she's been locking up people posting 'hate speech' on social media
There is no free-speech in Germany. Never was. Especially if it sounds like incitement of violence.

> how she only allows news outlets uncritical of her recent immigration policies?
Trump does the same regarding the media outlets who are biased against him.

>she's accusing the german nationalist party of being the return of actual nazism for the mere opinion that maybe these muslims need to be extensively screened in case they might be terrorists?
That wasn't Merkel. That's the German 'Left'

This, dice towers are a-ok imo as long as they look good and don't clash with the theme of the campaign.

If someone puts a giant janky piece of plastic shit in the middle of the table during our game it's annoying, like, just roll the dice. If someone brought /that/ to a game, I'd be really into it.

>LEGO

>that feel when you curbstomp the picts so hard you make a commemorative dice tower

This.

Admittedly, our table could use replacement, so when rolls happen, there's a lot of cracked die. We could really use a tower, but I'd probably toss it out the window if it was some putrid pink spire or something

There are some pretty cheap lasercut flat pack towers which don't look too bad if you like that lasercut wood look.
Even better if you know someone with a router or lasercutter you could just make smash together a dice tower model or find one on like and get it cut for you pretty cheap.

>Communism.
>Captalism.

brother?

Sorry, friendo. Nice in theory, but again, just putting down two things that I figured he was opposed to at least one of.

Capitalism sucks and is extremely problematic but it IS the best system we got. Pretending it's flawless is dumb though.

>Invading Russia during winter
>ok

goddamn it you fools