MTG EDH/COMMANDER GENERAL

Black Female Ghostbuster Edition

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface
magiccards.info

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/in-the-wake-of-an-iron-wind/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/grenzos-open-door-policy/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/dreadful-dredge/
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh/variant-commander/704749-2dh-brian-weissmans-dralnu-lich-lord
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/aurelias-justice/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/08-11-14-trinkets-and-treasures/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/scientific-progress-goes-boink/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/offerings-of-blood/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/rise-forth-from-the-deep/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/roon-of-the-awakened-realm/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/that-which-is-best-in-life/
youtube.com/watch?v=A3J-kmC_FPc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Tell what's wrong with this deck

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/in-the-wake-of-an-iron-wind/

Not enough mono Black Tittays

I want to smash that pussy in my Karlov deck

Making her the slave to a ghost commander sounds hilarious too

What's some fun tech to toss into a Scion of the Ur-Dragon deck?

That card is worth $20 on Starcity Games.

The same price as the new Daretti

$5 more than Burgeoning.

$10 more than inquisition of kozilek.

$12 more than Burning Wish.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/grenzos-open-door-policy/

howdy, I didn't get any replies last thread, can someone offer any advice on my Grenzo deck? I get the general strategy but I feel like I'm missing something

The Legendary Dragons from Fate Reforged
Karrthus, Tyrant of Jund
Scourge of Valkas
Utvara Hellkite
Tyrant's Familiar
Debtors' Knell
Patriarch's Bidding
Frontier Siege
Prismatic Omen
Chromatic Lantern

Strongest feature is not her eyes

Is it budget? If its not it need more duals,filters,shocks,fetches,pains etc

It's budget. I'd like to not go over 200

No one wants to be the vendor that got burned with planeswalkers after JTMS

Anyone here run Dralnu? I'm looking for a fun B(/X) commander, and this guy looks like a blast.
Got a list? How relevant is the drawback? Lemme hear your thoughts.

what commander do you hate playing against the most and why?

Painlands are few dollars each, maybe a city of brass and a mana confluence, they are about $5 each and will help alot with fixing, and they all come into play untapped, you wont miss the life that much

Seems she might be pretty good in a larger game. And melee seems to stack, just like flanking.

I put him in the Sidisi dredge list. It's just now starting to come in so I can't tell you how he is in play

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/dreadful-dredge/ in case you are interested here is the list

That's probably why the new Lilly is so expensive. It's a fringe playable card at best, that's very powerful in standard/limited. I feel as if vendors artificially inflate the price of walkers because they're the noob's kryptonite, and the rich man's folly. Sure, I love me some Garruk Wildspeaker and UNLEASH THE KRAKEN Kiora, but I find most of them to be rather middling. Either they're extraordinarily expensive, very mediocre, and sometimes both.

This fucker. Theres a spike in my playgroup who threw all the money at a Xenagos deck that was extremely annoying to play against.

>I'm looking for a fun B(/X) commander, and this guy looks like a blast.

how was Dralnu your first choice?

Memnarch. Artifact decks are cucks. Though to be fair, I haven't dueled any of the really scary Commanders. My brother just has a Memnarch build that I can never seem to outpace before he gets his same five cards or so that win him the game.

>deflecting palm
>any sort of stax
>counter spells
He`s not that difficult to deal with, just save a counter back until he pops him, them watch Spike cry as it doesn`t get to resolve.

mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh/variant-commander/704749-2dh-brian-weissmans-dralnu-lich-lord

Brian Weissman pays that budget list. His drawback is mostly pointless (watch out for Blasphemous Act, though), and his upside is insane.

I've already got Sakashima. I don't need two Clone Armies.

God, why couldn't it have been 'a graveyard' instead of 'opponent's graveyard'

Nothing is difficult to deal with if you have a counter. We don't all play blue or have the right tools in hand all the time.

Flip Lilly.

>if anything dies, it flips
>oh gee, I might as well run things that I can sacrifice for free to have it flip
>and you get a +2/+2 zombie
>AND you can make me discard some bullshit
>AND AND I need to do 5 damage to that shit the turn it comes out or I risk the ultimate
>that you can't possibly get rid of for the entire game
>and of course he runs a pure discard package

Have you considered gitting gud and running more spot removal then? If you and the rest of the table have trouble dealing with fatties then you deserve to lose.

Xenagos isn't even competitive.

Oh, one last thing:
>it's monoblack, so it comes out turn three, every game, always, and usually flips the turn it comes into play

Spot removal is not the problem. I do as much threat assesment as I can during any game. I can't let everything slide in anticipation of xenagos. Its as if you don't understand how powerful green can be. I feel like I am talking to a retard.

Pretty much any UGX commander since they're always played by try hards. I hate to say it because yes UG can be fun but it always devolves into who can resolve some bs infinite turn wombo combo with e.wit

Spot removal IS the problem, along with counterspells and your stereotypical wraths. If you stop the first bundle of fatties, Xenagos tends to sputter out, because RG is pretty terrible at drawing cards.

Source: I play Xenagos.

do you guys play with the 21 damage commander rule, my group is 4 person small so it makes no sense to play that rule, I understand maybe with more people it understandable.

>this guy
user, the second the Xenagos player runs out of their hand, they're finished. If you can keep Xenagos off the board, and wipe the stupid non-hexproof bullshit they play before it comes out, you'll never have a problem. I play xenagos, and the second I run out of cards, I'm praying I hit something good. It doesn't help that most of the draw spells in Xenagos are 4+ mana.

>Source: I play Xenagos.
Poorly if you're running out of gas. You better be main decking some Greater good effects

No shit. Too bad most green card draw requires you to have a fatty out, except for Sylvan Library. The rest of them are awful topdecks after you run out of steam.

Harmonize? Mind's Eye? Recycle? Mirri's Guile/Top? Shoot if you get desperate you could even run Temple Bell or Howling Mine running out of gas is your fault user unless you just got hit by a Myojin

>Playing any of that stuff besides maybe top in a tuned, "Spike" list
u wat

>group hug cards in a tuned, "competitive" list
Yikes.

Brewing with new marchesa, i cant decide on the direction i want to take her, i was thinking prison/rapebears with boardwipes and just ping the opponents with 1/1's for 4 hours

Its turning into mono white with BR support, there must be a better way to run her

Anyone else brewing Marduchesa?

Thoughts on Etched Oracle or Monstrosity in a 5-color goodstuff deck?

I tried both and ended up removing them, but that was a long time ago and I don't think I gave them enough of a chance. I don't run many creatures in the deck and with this new monarchy mechanic I think it'd be nice to run a few more creatures in case I need to steal the crown.

Why do I not have this in my Vorel of the Hull Clade counters-matter deck?
Oh, because I didn't know about it.
Thank you.

just look at flip jace who sees play in all the formats , his price was $95~ at some point and now its less than a third of that, its just hype and sometimes it boils over too far and vendors love to price gouge when it comes to planeswalkers more than any other card type

Slime Roost

This goes on my Animar just because I like the ability

>counters-matter deck

I had to read this three times before I realized you meant that sort of counter. I wasn't sure what a "counters-don't-matter" deck would look like.

No problem!

>this rage for a monoblack deck that isn't stax

Play an enchantment, user.

I got mana for days, son.

There's also Disk and Stone. I ain't scared.

She contributes pretty well to a stax strategy too, I'd say. Her +2 hits cards in hand and her -X can snag Fleshbags or Mindslicers or whatever.

I actually took out the Smokestack and Contamination-like cards from my list because I was getting too much flak for it. Nowadays I just play for value and smack people with fat demons

>no doomsday
You're doing it wrong, user.

The R&D people didnt like the PW commanders because they felt PW commanders made the games last way longer. I've had games that lasted 3 hours and those were w/out pw commanders.

I said if you're desperate, besides running Temple Bell is damn good for politics, it's not like i said Rites of Flourishing.
I didn't realize that we were Weenie Hut Jr. now

Any Ishkanah players left? I know she's no longer the hot new shit, but I'm still brewing.

I want to do Delirium, Spell Mastery and Threshold. But I also don't want to do self mill (bit too much been there, done that).

My only real "tech" so far is Harrow, which fuels delirium by two on turn 3, so you may actually get to windmill slam Ishkanah.

Is this sort of thing feasible without selfmill or am I just gimping myself doing that?

>dive into the deep end and model some new decks after legacy / vintage combo decks
>no more battlecruisers, no more """fun"""
>they're so much better than my other decks
>all EDH content online is now irrelevant, and I can't go back to how I was

It's lonely at the top

Fuck you

Good reprints for EDH!

Gratuitous Violence is a fun card. I love it with shit like Zo-zu.

It's more fun playing with explosive decks

No, I think you have it right though I'd go minimal on creatures prior and use a combo or combos as your win con fueled by your double draw, though no idea what specific ones.

You or whoever else was the one who said the Xenagos player was a spike

RG spike? Wasn't me sir

Well that's a sweet design. basically you can keep making it monstrous to make it multiply?

Neat

New art isn't as fuckable but a power based Nykthos is pretty bonkers and even moreso tied to a ca engine.

I might get her for my Iroas deck. I usually like spreading the love, and with usually 3 opponents, that'd be +3/+3 for everything I control.

How tough are ya? I combo on turn 4 with doomsday... in Kaervek the Merciless.

Turn 4...

Whoa.. you're tough. You can go in.

>card draw your opponents can directly benefit from and keep you from benefiting from
On the other hand
>a significantly worse in a vacuum but exploitable Rofellos

The big problem is that you can't make a deck full of overcosted value shit like Rofellos or Azusa let you, but turning Giant Growth into Dark Ritual extra is pretty neat.

Well, more like Pyretic Ritual but still. Wonder if Heedless One or similar guys have a place with her. Besides elf lords.

>Deadly Designs
>1B, Enchantment

>2: Put a plot counter on ~. Any player may activate this ability.
>When there are five or more plot counters on ~, sacrifice it. If you do, destroy up to two target creatures.

Cute. Hopefully there are more cards like this.

12 mana destroy 2 target creatures, but your opponents can help pay for it? Why would they help if you get to choose the targets?

I guess it's one of those politics cards where you get people to team up

Accidentally posted in the dead thread. Ah well. Anyway, rate, hate, and masturbate to the case.

>Aurelia's Justice
Typical Boros Midrange/Goodstuff.
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/aurelias-justice/

>Trinkets and Treasures
Grixis Artifact Combo. Vomits out a shitton of artifacts and just tries to generate more value than my opponents.
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/08-11-14-trinkets-and-treasures/

>Scientific Progress Goes "Boink"
The man, the legend, the Weird Wizard obsessed with cloning himself (and /edhg/'s favorite deck of mine!).
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/scientific-progress-goes-boink/

>Offerings of Blood
A Stax/Combo Deck with a Vampire/Human theme.
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/offerings-of-blood/

>Rise Forth from the Deep
An Ocean/Exploration themed deck. Mostly Merfolk and big scary sea monsters. Ramps stupid fast, but fairly casual thanks to its thematic card selection. I do go infinite with DEN and Great Whale.
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/rise-forth-from-the-deep/

>Roon of the Awakened Realm
Landfall and manlands galore with Roon as a way to protect my most valuable assets. Fairly casual, but can be rather aggressive.
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/roon-of-the-awakened-realm/

>That Which is Best In Life!
Lovisa just wants to hear the Lamentations of your women and I just want to burn your lands. Designed for beginners as it's mostly about swinging and teaching people that MLD happens. Would like to add a thematic combo if I can find one.
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/that-which-is-best-in-life/

I was thinking along the lines of Multani and Masumaro.

Yep, politics. It's certainly not pushed enough to be playable but it's probably a cycle

Interesting take on Fiend Hunter here. At least it replaces itself (at the risk of opponents drawing cards).

Ding ding there you go

>fedora tier case
>over 50% of your decks contain blue
>fun for the whole table Possibility Storm shit
>Possibility Storm also in a deck that actually becomes worse with Possibility Storm
Have you ever considered suicide?

There we go, a monarch card that isn't completely unplayable outside CN2 draft and EDH.

>No return clause if he is removed.

Can't wait for the flicker shenanigans.

Oh shit I hadn't even noticed that

Put them ALL in jail!

The card is returned if the other player becomes the Monarch, even if Palace Jailer is not on the battlefield.

Are you sure?

But not if Jailer leaves the battlefield.
Good luck taking the monarchy when all your creatures are imprisoned.

Thanks boyo

>Have you ever considered suicide?
Wanna make a pact?

But in all seriousness, what do you run, user? What sort of decks that are fun for the whole family grace your tables?

So does Mishra actually do anything for your deck?

This poster is correct

The exile and leave play clause is all one triggered ability that occurs regardless of whether the jailer is in play or not at any point

Color identity and I run Possibility Storm and Blood Funnel. In short, not a whole lot, but I like the flavor of actually having an artificer at the helm of an artifact deck.

You use stuff like blood funnel and nether void and possibility storm to get Mishra triggers, it's fragile but it IS serious value

Yes.

You are wrong, the ETB triggered ability creates a delayed triggered ability that triggers when the opponent becomes the monarch. Consider the difference between Oblivion Ring and Stasis Snare.

Decks that don't take away interaction from the table or force arbitrary lol randumb rules on everyone that take extra time to work through.

>it's fragile but it IS serious value
I can vouch for the value part, but the crazy part about Possibility Storm is that it sort of protects itself by polymorphing any disenchant spells.

And then sometimes it just loses the game for you.

Post the color and general strategy that you find yourself returning to in most of your decks

>red
>tokens and reanimation

>black
>tutor for an answer to your board state

>Blue?
>Artifacts

>And then sometimes it just loses the game for you.
>tfw someone pops Mishra in response to casting Possibility storm
>Next player casts sakura-tribe elder and cascades into Bane of progress

>black
>graveyard shenanigans
Chainer, Karador, Tasigur, Daretti...

anybody watched the MTGGoldfish commander videos?

Tomer a best
youtube.com/watch?v=A3J-kmC_FPc

>opponent accidentally cascades into Possibility Storm from MW because he forgot to take it out when he replaced Riku
>playing Multani
>only have two Planeswalkers
>cast my Freyalise to flip into Garruk and draw 24
>only have like two instants in my deck
>as well as two artifacts
>turn an Expedition Map into Storm Cauldron
>wait two turns for everyone else to dump their decent shit in hand that is now worthless
>turn my Rending Vines into Krosan Grip
>remaining board state is a bunch of random crap and few lands while I'm ready to kill every player on the table with tokens and Overwhelming Stampede for 50

>red
>boardwipes

Blue for anything you could think of
>Control/Permission
>Card Draw
>Theivery
>Extra Turns
>Random Shenanigans