Is your character evil enough to kill mr.rogers?

is your character evil enough to kill mr.rogers?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=P5vz6iwV38U
youtube.com/watch?v=yXEuEUQIP3Q
tao-games.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/HQRPG.1.0.1.pdf
youtu.be/epFtkbD6Fjo
youtube.com/watch?v=lX-NOMzv560
youtu.be/ZAttFerhtnw
youtu.be/On-at4ygtSc
youtube.com/watch?v=3-DsZMKYXzI
youtu.be/Upm9LnuCBUM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Isn't possible
Nerull himself could come to finish Mr. Rogers, and leave a changed god as Mr. Rogers explained to him how special all life, including Nerull's, was and that he knew Nerull could do better.
Mr. Rogers only died because he knew it was his time, and when he did he went quietly with the grim reaper.

Every time my character tries to do something evil, my DM conspires the world to make me end up saving orphans or some shit.

I don't even think Khorne could be angry around Mr. Rogers.

One of mine was, actually. Which is why the rest of the party murdered him in his sleep before he could rip their souls from their bodies. That was a fun game.

I don't think you read the question very carefully.
It's okay though, because we all believe in him, and we believe in you.

Are you sure that's correct? The question only asked if the character was evil enough to kill Mr. Rogers, not whether the character ever had done it.

Sometimes we all read the same thing and come away thinking different things. Sometimes we don't understand each other as well as we would like. But I'm grateful to you for being so polite when you talk to other people, because that makes everyone feel welcome in the discussion. That's a very special skill to have, and it's one of the many good things you do.

One would slit his throat without a second thought, and then animate the body, placing it in a dimly-lit room for others to find.

Evil enough? Yes
Skilled enough? OH heavens no.

Slaanesh once met Mr. Rogers. When they left they were wearing baggy pants and a sweater because they were embarrassed about being so exposed around him.

When Nurgle heard Mr. Rogers was going to visit him, he started cleaning up so as to be presentable.

I don't have one for Tzeentch...

Tzeentch entered a long, stable, relationship.

Tzeentch always told Mr. Rogers the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

"Nothin' personal, guv. Just business."

Playing a roguish thug, he wouldn't necessarily enjoy it, but if he was paid, he'd do it.

This is a skill granted to all life by Mr. Rodgers.
It is up to us to exercise it, Friend.

>actually prefacing murder with "nothin' personal"

He wasn't even born when that show aired, why should he care?

Also he doesn't even know who Mr
Rogers is.

Is called the generation gap my friends.

>mr.rogers
Literally who is this guy?

My friend, I'm not totally sure you read the question correctly. We can't all do everything right on the first try, and that's okay.

That's a very young character, the show only stopped airing in '01

There's also the potential for a cultural gap - non-americans might not recognise Mr. Rogers.

On the other hand he's pretty well known on the internet for being amazingly nice, so not knowing is your own fault

A paragon of good, come from an exalted plane to enlighten the children of an unworthy world that we might know the light within ourselves.

>so not knowing is your own fault
or rather,
but that's okay, it's always a good time to make new friends

>TFW Listening to this youtube.com/watch?v=P5vz6iwV38U while I found this thread

>khorne would be angry that people worship the emperor and not Mr. Rogers.

>Khorne is angry because Mr. Rogers died
>he was his biggest fan

>Khorne became sentient because the calmness Mr. Rodgers cause and exuded wavered for a moment when he died.

Who's saying it's prefaced and not while the dear old chap is bleeding from the gizzards?

>tfw Mr. Rogers is actually the most dangerous man in existence and God just needed his help fighting his enemies from beyond existence so he left us for the greater good of protecting his neighborhood

Yeah, I don't think any character is capable of taking him down.

He'd still forgive you.

Doubtful, considering that we're talking about the man who went up against the U.S. Congress, a black cesspool of corruption and deceit, and won, purely with his charm and goodwill.
youtube.com/watch?v=yXEuEUQIP3Q

It doesn't matter where the edge is.

Well, I mean, some places are stupider than others, but it's never NOT stupid.

No.

Mr. Rogers would probably reduce my grizzled old fighter to tears.

The last PC I finished a campaign with? Hell no, he was in a modern setting, he knew who Mr. Rogers was. He may have embezzled millions of dollars for secret projects and nearly killed the party, but he would NEVER hurt Mr. Rogers.

Well he's famed in song* to be undefeatable, so it's possible

*by which I mean he's in the novelty song Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny, as the winner of said Showdown

I don't think this is possible, but if it was then that Villain would leave as a changed man.
He would work himself to death, desperatly trying to repent, and go beyond all possible limits to save the multiverse at large.
All because of that man who, even as he prepared to kill him after making his intent known, smiled warmly as said, tears in his eyes, that he believes in him.

>tfw Norwegian, in my early 40s
>tfw our children's programmes were all Norwegian
>tfw never knew about Mr. Rogers until I was an adult
Feels bad man.

A man who had a children's show since the 60s through the 00s and was a segregate grandfather figure for every child lucky enough to watch his show between those years.

The word you were looking for is "surrogate" but that's okay. We all make little mistakes sometimes, and we're all here to help each other.

Not even Khorne would consider such an undertaking.
Mr. Rogers has powers beyond comprehension.

My villain IS Mr. Rogers. A man that believes that the group can do great things... if only they where properly challenged.

Alright. Who wants to make a feelgood RPG that takes place in the land of make believe? It'd mostly be for kids, but if anyone wants to run a Mr. Rogers Quest, I don't think anyone here would object. Besides, we'd be doing something good for once in our miserable salty lives, and live up to Mr. Rogers expectations of us in some way.

Here's a nice system. A 1d6 system easier than Savage Worlds Or FATE, perfect for kids(and Quests): tao-games.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/HQRPG.1.0.1.pdf

This is evil... and brilliant.

it's actually kinda fun playing a villain that LIKES the party. They think he killed a leutenate for failing to kill the party. He actually killed the guy for breaking orders and TRYING TO KILL the party. All the player's paranoid delusions are going to drive them batty when they realize who the BBEG is.

To create the ultimate Hope the fertilizer of despair must be strewn about the field that is the Realm.

Now your feeling me son.

My one true hope is to do a reveal scene like in Hot Fuzz. To see the jaw drop as a nice old man comes to calmly explain what's going on and how proud he is of them.

Good will triumph in the end, especially with the guiding hand of one who is thought to be evil.
When one fights for good whilst draped in evil one will come to a great understanding.
Mr. Rodgers is love.

>villain is testing the players the whole time in order to prepare them for a bigger threat
I like this idea actually

Keep this up and he'll end up a demi-god or something. All that poetry speak is given me ideas.

Khorne wrote a song for Mr Rogers under a different name about how he misses and loves him. youtu.be/epFtkbD6Fjo

Every head has a price.

It's ok if it's not "Pshh... nuthin personnel... kid".
Besides, it's more of a thing you say to make yourself feel better about killing Mr Rogers. Mr Rogers had forgiven you the moment he felt the knife.

Honestly I don't think so. I mean I've made some edgy, evil characters who have even gone as far as infanticide and meaningless torture, but if I picture them encountering Mr. Rogers I just see them getting really nervous and losing the will to do anything to him.

Yes.

Fred "The Orc Botherer" Nigels would probably just need a good reason.

something your edgy ass clearly could not afford.

One of the NPC I am using a lot could do it, if it was for a reason. A modern setting witch who lost her ability to believe in people but still has the ability to believe in select persons. She still believes in herself for example. She feels that positive outlooks make the world worst because they make it people can not see things for what they are. Because of those issues she views 'common' people as tools and toys.

Not really, but he can drop a rash.
youtube.com/watch?v=lX-NOMzv560

I typed out something unkind, but then I reconsidered. I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, because I know it doesn't feel good when my feelings are hurt.

When you make a character, do you try to make it original? Some people like that. Other people don't care, and it's okay if you're one of those people. Everybody is different, and I like you just the way you are.

No, he couldn't bring himself to it.

Well, I'm currently inbetween campiagns right now, but I suppose it'd be possible: my last PC had "killed children for the greater good" as part of his backstory (before you accuse me of being edgy, it was a military sci-fi horror game where most of the PCs were part of Containment Division for the United Colonial Marine Corps) so if he was ordered to kill him, he'd probably do it.

Then again, if Mr Rogers talked to him for long enough, there's a good chance he'd have a change of heart and do what's right - the whole party ended the campaign by going "Nuts to this" and escaping from the Corps (to be fair, they WERE about to execute our NPC Sarge and the PC Corporal for saving our team Psychic from douchebag Marines).

>The omnicidal rage priest
Nope.
>The assassin droid.
Maybe. Only because of his pragmatic streak and being programmed to get the job done.

Literally none of my other characters would willingly even bring a weapon into his house.
Shit, they'd take off their shoes and everything.
Even the half-orc barbarian with a loincloth full of scrying eyes would show some damned respect and dignity.

She has a Messiah Complex so hard she makes Superman look like a scheming pragmatist.
She would be incapable of killing Rogers.

Tazer gun and a pair of handcuffs on the other hand.

My character isn't even evil enough to kill people that are literally shooting at him.
Although he did once threaten to light a baby on fire but he was bluffing.

American actor had a show for children that promoted such a positive outlook on life that Fox News once attacked him for 'giving children false ideas'.
If you are not American and older then twenty, he means absolutely nothing.

Is in reply to

I still dont know who that guy is...
But yes.

Damn, I never watched this man, and this is still bringing tears to my eyes.

Was he really that effective, or am I just a wuss?

He was a effective man. Soothing, understanding, not afraid to touch on subjects like divorce but he handles it well.

He was a god among television and to be honest still is in my heart.

She's evil but she's not a murderer.

Effective. He was a good-natured, patient, charismatic man.

He lived in Pittsburgh and once had his car stolen. When the robbers realized whose car it was, they returned it and left an apology note.

When he was given a lifetime award, he went on up on stage to give his acceptance speech to an audience of hollywood and tv folks, and by the time he was done, all those slimy talk show hosts and cable news blowhards were in tears.
Every five or ten years, crooked senators tried to cut funding for PBS, our public broadcasting system which ran educational shows and things without commercials, to get more cash for their porkbarrel bullshit projects. (It was especially a target for right wing folks, as some of its shows were politically centrist, which made them liberal propaganda when viewed from far enough to the right)
When everything else failed, PBS would ask Mr. Rogers to go up to capitol hill and just talk to them. The most blackhearted, corrupt midwestern PBS-hating asshole politico relented under the simple kindness and empathy that Mr. Rogers displayed. When he talked about how important PBS was to America's children, you realized you had to be one mean son of a bitch to want to shut that down.

Mr. Rogers was what we should all strive to be. World peace is possible.

He's evil enough to try, just not powerful enough to succeed.

So, time to ask another question, then. Who here tries to be the person he knew they could be? Whose characters would be their own world's version?

Personally, the most evil character I had was a man who knew he did wrong, wicked deeds, and his soul was stained with innocent blood. That there was never an excuse for the things he had done, or redemption, but did not want to be this monster any more in a world that would give him no other choices. He never quite got there before the game ground to a halt, but he was planning to build orphanages and homeless shelters to reduce the pains he had felt before, in effort to keep others from ending up where he did-just unable to ever really stop killing or stealing. So no, he wouldn't be evil enough to kill Mr. Rogers unless he was given little other choice. But would his desire to change his ways, despite his lack of knowledge on where to even start, his desire to try and make the world even slightly better than the damage he left behind, be seen as good by Mr Rogers? Or too lacking?

My characters swing wildly between being pretty damn close and "I know you can do so much better."

Very close
>Warforged monk. Kind, selfless, and always looking for a peaceful solution, but can be stubborn and kind of petty when upset about something.
>Starship systems technician. Wouldn't hurt a fly unless it was to protect someone, main motivation is to get his family out of poverty

Needs improvement
>Stand user. Hotheaded and a bit to eager to pick fights, but a pretty decent guy with a strong sense of morality.

You're better than this
>Ex-highwayman. Paranoid, cynical, and prone to jumping the gun, also rude and occasionally slips back into his old ways.
>Disgraced ex-bodyguard. Blunt, cynical, and recently prone to violent anger after the death of a boy he'd taken as an apprentice.

Yes. Afterwards, he'd find out who reanimated his body and give them a long talk about respecting the dead. It's the right thing to do.

what funny is, this sounds like some chuck norris meme shit, but is actually true

It would have been dangerous for them to keep it once people knew that he had his car stolen. People would be looking for it.

well we have actual video evidence of
"Managed to convince congress to change their mind, with a song".
And "when given a lifetime achievement award, called for a minute of silence. And told the crowd he'd keep time".

The only way I'd kill Mr. Rogers is if I had to sacrifice him to save the world like Aslan.

He would've been, but he remembered when he was a boy, and this came to mind.

youtu.be/ZAttFerhtnw

It doesn't matter at all how evil a character is because the minute someone would try to kill Mr. Rogers this youtu.be/On-at4ygtSc would start ringing in their heads as he hunted them down to make them pay for their arrogance and unneighborliness.

youtube.com/watch?v=3-DsZMKYXzI
he couldn't do it

youtu.be/Upm9LnuCBUM His acceptance speech ruins me, every time
I hope if folks believe in a paradise that Mr. Rogers is there to welcome them to his new neighborhood "Your friends and family have told me so much about you and they missed you so much." If meeting Mr. Rogers is how you're greeted at Death's door then ibam okay with it. Also, my last character was a "cleansing light" kind of police officer in a horror campaign. No way in hell he'd kill The Fred Rogers

Fuck, I still miss Mr. Rogers. It tore me apart when he died. It still stings pretty hard.

I hope there is a Heaven because he deserves to be there.

Fuck, I didn't know the guys but he's amazing. What a nice man

Except for maybe your parents, Mr. Rogers was the only man ever to like you for you. Not only that, if you did something wrong, he'd be disappointed in you, no matter who you were, because he saw the potential for good in everyone.

A great man, loved by everyone.

My character would never kill him.
>Fuck, I didn't know the guys but he's amazing. What a nice man
Yeah. He's pretty great. The nicest man ever.

Mister Rogers would explain to my character why it was okay that i was choosing to do this, how he doesn't hold it against me, and he hopes i can make different choices in the future because i can be successful in anything i choose to do.

I would probably leave the table to go hang myself.

My bloodthirsty chainsword knight would probably spend hours in prayer with the priest, and only realize Rogers wasn't praying to the same God-Emperor weeks later. The Evangelion pilot would back down and cry like a bitch in a matter of seconds, and the dastardly cyborg supervillain would personally call upon the Samaritan Society and have his calamitous companions arrested if his they so much as joked about offing Fred Rogers. Nope.

Heh. I like your DM's style.

Why does this cut so deep.

My current character is a bastard of a noble house and an unapologetic conman, any meeting with Mr rogers would end in said character sobbing like a baby as he realises how cruel he has been to people, and would probably become a better person from it

Seeing as our last campaign ended because my character took two of the same super powerful artifact, and destroyed the entire material plane and possibly more killing us and everyone else. So, yes, but unintentionally.

>There was only one of them but we got two of them.
>Because we fucked with time travel and created a paradox.
>trying to keep us from fucking up by trapping a god in it in the first place.
>So we went back into time to steal it before we could royally fuck everything up.
>My character had Instant faked into a trade item spell getting us a second one.
>We then promptly fucked up even more so than previously thought possible
>We had trapped yet another god in the paradoxically obtained one.
>My character then inadvertently destroyed the universe with them.
>Because INT is know that if you smash two god souls together you'll destroy all reality and won't knock the souls out of the orbs in question if you bang them together.
>Wisdom is knowing better than to give it the old college try.
>My character was not wise.

TL;DR: My character took these odd little soul orbs with the souls of divine beings trapped in them (which we got stuck in there by accident) and decided that hitting them together was a good idea. It wasn't.

Man, my last character was based on Mr. Rodgers.

You caused an instrumentality level event on the very fabric of reality with nothing and no one to guide what happens? I have one word:Congratulations.

We are in 2016, take a look at the age some characters start their quest.

And Mr Rogers is basically unknown outside the US. Sure there are youtube videos but you are unlikely to find videos about him unless you are actually looking for him.

The only character I've every played who MIGHT have the ability to kill him, was a young, edgy, adolescent psychopath who enjoyed murdering people for the fun of it.

But, being a small child, even THEY wouldn't be true to character if they didn't take off their shoes, sit down on the floor, and listen to every word he says.

Right in the feels. The good, fuzzy feels. Thank you for this user, that warmed my heart