Warhammer 40k General

Just Another Guardsman Edition

>Rules databases
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s) (Updated 8/11/18)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V8.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

blacklibrary.com/all-products/the-patient-hunter-ebook.html
battlescribe.net)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for COMBINED ADMECH CODEX WHEN

How do I make a good Night Lords force?

Codex CSM is pretty much raw trash, am I just gonna have to start dropping Forge World cash and hope local players will let me run 30k?

Yea I'll probably give them a army list and get an estimate. They've been super great to me over the years.

now I just gotta wait till next saturday to pick up my codex

I want to play Dark Eldar. How do?

There shouldn't be a problem as 30k marine armies are actually overcosted compared to equivalent 40k points costs armies so it'll still be a struggle but much better than using 40k chaos marine crap.

Buy Start Collecting box
Listen to hair metal
???
Profit

What's the verdict on Deathwatch Vanguard Veterans? Viable? I was wondering if the Corax transport would overcome their biggest weakness.

Alternatively, could I take Corax transports and shove my regular assault marines in them from a normal Space Marine detachment?

moar like
>buy start collecting box
>give up warlord every game cause archy has to footslog
>???
>quit shitshow of a "gaym"

So here is my starting list for Orks. Obviously they aren't great but I thought I could at least have some fun with them. Don't have a big collection but only playing with what is painted.

Did alright against space marines, definetly not the best at objectives. I am working on a Deff Dread and am thinking about dropping the boyz and just running another unit of gretchin.

I think adding one more box of bikers and then maybe getting some mek guns (make tear the boyz trukk apart like the picture I have seen).

At what point should I start a second CAD? I was thinking the bikers would be good with an HQ as well and perhaps be a quicker threat to distract from the MANZ.

Warboss w/ Mega Armour (135pts)
>Gift: Da Lucky Stikk, Kombi-weapon w/ Skorcha, Power Klaw, Warlord
Painboy (50pts)

4 Meganob w/ Twin-linked Shoota(270pts)
>Battlewagon

10 Boyz, 1 Nob w/ Bosspole(111pts)
>Trukk
10 Gretchin, 1 Runtherd(35pts)

5 Warbikers, 1 Warbiker Nob(148pts)
>Bosspole, Power Klaw

749/750

Ally/Run Corsairs.
I just won a match with a fluffy Corsair + DE+Haem list vs Decurion Necrons +CAD. I barely won, but I won by objective pts.

Is that all I need? I feel like I need more transports for my dudes.

Where is the Corsairs army list? FW?

So I got a old SM Razorback for $20. Should I use it as a rhino for my ill advised sisters repentia or make it a Immolator.

Yeah, Imperial Armour Vol 11(I think) Doom of Mymeara v2. It's in the mega link on the OP. Here's the list I ran.

Anyone play any fun games recently?

Non, going to try a 2k list of Blood Angels /w a Knight Titan next week.

Just got in my weekly 40k, with the good fortune to face off against my mortal enemy the Ork menace.

Unfortunately, my opponent only had a pretty savage tourney list with him - a 37 HP gorkanaught list complete with the 300 point stompa you get from the forgeworld loophole. I got predictably hosed within 4 turns without my own superheavy spam to counter it.

The game ended quickly enough, though, that we were able to try my barrel of monkies list against his same gorkanaught list - and that went quite differently.

Here's the board turn 1 with the baneblade proxying a stormlord in the center, and an atlas repair vehicle tucked behind it.

The complete list:
>stormlord
>20x jokaero, divided into 1 squad of 12 and 2 squads of 4
>Azrael
>Lord Commissar with Kurov's Aquila
>4x techpriest enginseers
>4x servitors
>Atlas

I played a really fun game not so log ago. I played Imperial guard vs white scars. My opponent deployed first but I managed to steal the initiative. So turn 1 after I moved my dudes I bombard his Warlord and his unit with a single wyvern. I somehow kill his warlord, and a bunch of other marine bikers. And when the shooting phase was over he fails his leadership and run off the board.
It was a fun game

And here's the result 15 minutes later. As soon as the gorkas entered multimelta range they went down one after the next. Three of them managed to charge in with 2 dying to overwatch, the third dealt 7 HP of damage which the enginseers promptly repaired back to full.

Game ended in 30 minutes.

The madman did it!
He actually did it!

I love camo knight titans. Not sure why but it just looks great to me.

thanks! just one shoulder left to airbrush and I'm done I think. Can't seem to get the right shade of yellow I want for the heraldry

played 2k daemons vs daemons, ended 15 to 5 in my favor. he out muscled me in psychic powers, gifts, and maybe in numbers but i was faster and fought better. i was pretty nervous but i guess my turn 1 charges really helped. warp storm didn't do much but did kill a plague drone champ in combat with some herald/daemonettes, said combat lasted all game as either side wasn't able to kill off the other. oh actually i managed to get +1 invul on the same turn i gave a unit i was trying to kill -1 invul due to grimorie. cards helped a lot, i really need to shuffle them more because i tend to get damn lucky too often.

the mad man, he actually tried it! actually i tried a Veeky Forums tactic today, trying boon of mutation on a bloodthrister but it was blocked

>relic armor
>4+/6++
I know it's not really their biggest issue, but Kabalite armour should really be a 4+, with the Armour of Misery (and a returned Ghostplate armour) being 3+.

maybe if your guys weren't about walking around in armor with more spikes then chaos or constantly giving themselves pain it could protect them better

I'm reluctantly going to play HoR kill teams tomorrow with my tzeentch demons.

Anyone have any experience?

>only use 9 of the 10 Warriors
OR
>run them as Trueborn in the Raider (as per recent FAQ, this is perfectly fine, and you can use them in any formation in place of Warriors)

The minimum squad size in either case is 5, not 10. If you're butthurt about having an "extra" dude then when you buy more Warriors you can just give him a weapon you wouldn't usually use (ex. Shredder) so you can stick to WYSIWYG if you decide to run it for fun, or you can just build him as per the usual and have an extra guy in case you need one. If you're butthurt about having 5 extra dudes then you're a retard since you can just put them in a Venom when you get around to building a CAD, or else make them another Trueborn squad.

tl;dr what a stupid criticism you have there m8

fuck yeah someone else with the same orky green dice as me.

hook, line and sinker bitch
;^}

How do I do with flyrant spam as Imperial Guard?

Luckily the other guy will probably read it and it has some potentially helpful info in it, bitch :^)

Double check the FAQ to make sure I didn't read the thing about Trueborn wrong, then run something like this as a starter

750 pts DE (748/750)
Purge Coterie
>Archon 135 (Webway Portal, Haywire Grenades, Blaster, Clone Field)
>Trueborn 185 (4x Blaster, Raider with Nightshield)
>Reavers 83 (Arena Champion, Heat Lance, Cluster Caltrops)
CAD
>Court of the Archon 125 (Lhamean, 2x Sslyth, Venom with extra Splinter Cannon)
>Warriors 105 (Venom with extra Splinter Cannon)
>Warriors 120 (Blaster, Venom with extra Splinter Cannon)

I was trying to make that as cheap as possible to buy models-wise so it has some non optimal stuff but it'd be a good start. Or just run Corsairs like the other guy said, but be warned that they actually overpay for a few things compared to DE and die about equally quickly (however they can shoot better and specialize more).

you know you could have just told him to take a venom for the archon at the very least withou getting tumblr-tier triggered babby faggot

>implying you have to be triggered to call a retard a retard on Veeky Forums
>implying you have to be triggered to type out a novel on Veeky Forums

lol retard_____________________________________________________________

Quit shitting up the thread goddamnit.

takes one to know one______________moron

now kindly stay mad ;^>

>Veeky Forums tells me that the Jokaero are harmless non-sapient aliens that are not a threat to humanity

>Jokaero turns out to be one the races the Old One created to fight the Necrons
>Horus names the Jokaero among the races that threaten humanity
>Now this picture related

Tegee lied to me.

>‘Meaning the warp. Why coin new terms for its horrors when we have a bounty of old words that might suit us just as well? We use the words “alien” and “xenos” to describe the inhuman filth we encounter in some locales. The creatures of the warp are just “aliens” too, but they are not life forms as we understand the term. They are not organic. They are extra-dimensional, and they influence our reality in ways that seem sorcerous to us. Supernatural, if you will. So let’s use all those lost words for them… daemons, spirits, possessors, changelings. All we need to remember is that there are no gods out there, in the darkness, no great daemons and ministers of evil. There is no fundamental, immutable evil in the cosmos. It is too large and sterile for such melodrama. There are simply inhuman things that oppose us, things we were created to battle and destroy. Orks. Gykon. Tushepta. Keylekid. Eldar. Jokaero… and the creatures of the warp, which are stranger than all for they exhibit powers that are bizarre to us because of the otherness of their nature.’

-Warmaster Horus.

Who is the Archon deep striking? Clone Field is a waste of points. Go Shadow Field or go home.

Why bother with the Lhamean? I'd drop it and the Haywire grenades for a second Blaster for that Warrior squad.

Don't take the upgrade sergeant for the Reavers, and I'd take either the Caltrops or the Lance.

>want to start Dark Eldar
>want to get into AoS
>Want to get some thousand sons for
>want to get stuff for SoB

Just kill me already

Wait for the release of the Shadow Aelves.

I'm doing Sylvaneth, though.

>want to start DKoK
>want to start Eldar Corsairs
>Want to get into AoS
>Want to buy Imperial Armor books
Why is this hobby such suffering?

How do chapter tactics compare for a non-specialized army? Don't have the right unit composition for any of the fancier formations so I'd have to stick with a CAD and have a fairly balanced unit variety.

Thinking of going IH just for Smashfucker and all that sweet fnp, although the only vehicle I have a dreadnought.

>Who is the Archon deep striking

Trueborn, although it's kind of a waste of points since they can (regular) DS already. Or am I forgetting some rule about the SC! formation meaning they can't do that? As far as Clone Field vs Shadow Field I actually agree but I can't bring myself to ever pay for it as DE again when Corsairs get it for basically half price. One bad roll the first time you get shot and you wasted 40 points for literally nothing.

The Lhamean and Haywire Grenades were both just trying to use up points tbqh. 2nd Blaster is an okay idea although honestly I find they're pretty overpriced if you only have 1 in a squad (ie in anything not Trueborn), since it doesn't add much to the "lol fuck you eat a billion poison shots" aspect of Venom Warriors. Your mileage may vary, this still gets debated on thedarkcity, or at least did last time I checked the site.

Upgrade sergeant for Reavers is an alright deal in my opinion. 10 pts for an extra attack (same HoW I guess though) and slight Ld bump can be useful so your tiny squad doesn't decide to run away after 1 guy dies. Caltrops and Lance are both there together because in smaller games I like to make units that can potentially fill more than one role (also because I figured OP would rather use everything in the box than end up with enough spare points to have to buy something else as well lel)

Anyway I don't actually disagree with anything you said, my point was mostly just that OP can get away with buying almost nothing to start with (ebay for 1 set of Warriors and some CotA units, plus 3 Venoms, = 750 pt list can be made).

Disclaimer: If anything I said is retarded it's because I never run mono-DE anymore, RIP 7e codex

Is there a reason that only IG use grav-chutes? Do they have a weight limit and so can't be used for power-armored soldiers, like space marines or sisters of battle?

>Alternatively, could I take Corax transports and shove my regular assault marines in them from a normal Space Marine detachment?
No Battle Brothers cannot go in each other's transports.

Power armored troops use jump packs instead

I'm putting together some vanguard veterans.

Do the lightning claws have to match? There are 4 pairs on the sprue, with each pair having the same emblem. Can I mix and match, or is that going against anything fluff-wise?

>Do the lightning claws have to match?
No
>There are 4 pairs on the sprue, with each pair having the same emblem. Can I mix and match
Yes
>or is that going against anything fluff-wise?
Tau players play full riptide wings and minimum fire warriors that's unfluffy as fuck, Do whatever you want .

It's a bit of a killer, isn't it? I feel like I'm being pulled in 10 different directions. It's maddening.

>be me
>play 40k, Malifaux, Xwing, and Warmachine

My wallet is in constant pain.

Why is tank shocking so toothless and awful?

Why is -literally trying to run people over with a fucking tank- not dangerous to them?

Because they'll move?

If I bring an Archon in a WWP with Wyches in a Raider with Night shields, can I jink and the assault the following turn? Can I flat out after I arrive?

And they won't move out the way if a Carnifex charges them?

A Carnifex is more agile than a tank is.

Tanks are slow as shit in 40k. Combat speed is only as fast as walking infantry. Cruising speed is as fast as running infantry.

A tank shock should work like a sweeping advance, different vehicle types would get different initiative values for the test, with faster types getting better Initiative. Obviously you shouldn't wipe the whole squad unless they all stand still and try to hit you but it should cause some damage if they can't get away fast enough.

Most vehicles in the game move faster than basic infantry to they should be able to run some over and not have them just dance around it.

This kit comes with two fully functional Harlequins, and I'm expected to just glue them onto it? Fuck that noise. Should I give them Embraces or Fusion Pistols? I've already got 2x6 with 2 Caresses and 2 Kisses each.

No, cruising speed for tanks is the fastest an infantry model could run under the best of circumstances, on average they move faster than them.

Do your models have to be equipped with what your list says they have?

Lets say I assemble and paint a squad of marines with bolters, later on down the road I want to use flamers for a couple of them.

Should I just get more minis and put some flamers in there this time or just roll with the ones I already have and say two of them have flamers?

Do people care about this at all or am I just assuming there is more autism than there is?

Actually slower than ideal for an infantry model. Many things run D6+3

Comparison. Usain Bolt can run 27mph. Let's consider that our "ideal".

That's slow as shit for a tank.

It's also an abstraction. Speeds are multiples of 6, even fast units are only twice as fast.

There's more and more exceptions nowadays, but the 6 for infantry, 12 for jump and bike, combat speed is infantry speed, cruising speed is jump/bike has been locked in since long, long before this level of rules bloat.

Tank shock is fine as it is, being able to control the movement of infantry is already good.

>Tau players play full riptide wings and minimum fire warriors that's unfluffy as fuck, Do whatever you want .

What?

I have seen art of multiple Riptides jumping into combat and there was no fire warrior in sight.

You pretty much have to have some way of identifying which members of a squad are carrying special weapons. Otherwise you could just go "N-no, the guy with the flamer was the guy at the back, not the one you killed last turn" Either make a flamer guy or find some other kind of non-standard model to use as a proxy.

For a game last week I used a melta guardsman to represent a Skitarii Vanguard with a plasma caliver. It worked because my opponent knew that that was what he represented.

"HAHA, now your infantry is wrapped around the sides of my tank, THE SECOND WEAKEST PART, I have humiliated you in a way you cannot ever recover from" *Takes melta to the face*

Or " haha nice objective you have there, a same if something were to happen to it." driving your tank directly into melta troops shouldn't be a good plan anyway.

>been into warhammer lore and painting minis for years
>decide to look into 40k
>always heard complaints about mini prices but never knew how bad it was
>look it up
>what the fuck
>also can't pick between like 3 armies

Fuck it, I'll just get new DoW and forget this game exists.

That's mostly art. Riptides really, really need support as a unit in fluff because the things are walking missile-magnets. There's lots of weaponry in the 41st Millennium that would happily murder a Riptide and its weapons aren't designed for swiftly dealing with multiple kinds of units.

So the squad who was wrapped around the objective move away a couple of inches, are most likely still within range of the objective and are probably obsec, so they retain control of the objective. Congrats. There should be some penalty to falling back from a charging tank.

I disagree.

In this story. blacklibrary.com/all-products/the-patient-hunter-ebook.html

A single Riptide faces an Admech division of 50 Leman Russes and a single Baneblade.

Guess who wins.

How bad is this list?

+++ Deldar B (999pts) +++

++ Dark Eldar: Codex (2014) (DE Realspace Raiders Detachment) ++

+ HQ +

Succubus [Archite glaive, Splinter pistol, Webway portal]

+ Elites +

Kabalite Trueborn [Kabalite Trueborn, Kabalite Trueborn, Kabalite Trueborn]
····Trueborn with Heavy Weapon [Splinter cannon]
····Trueborn with Heavy Weapon [Splinter cannon]
····Venom [Twin Linked Splinter Rifles]

+ Troops +

Kabalite Warriors [9x Kabalite Warrior]
····Kabalite Warrior with heavy weapon (up to 1 for 10 models) [Splinter cannon]
····Raider [Dark Lance, Nightshield, Splinter Racks]

Wyches [7x Wych]
····Hekatrix [Agoniser, Haywire Grenades, Splinter Pistol]
····Raider [Dark Lance, Nightshield]
····Wych with Wych Weapon [Two hydra gauntlets]

+ Fast Attack +

Reavers [2x Cluster caltrops, 4x Reaver]
····Reaver with special weapon (up to 1 for 3 models)
········Reaver jetbike [Blaster]
····Reaver with special weapon (up to 1 for 3 models)
········Reaver jetbike [Blaster]

Scourges [4x Scourge]
····Scourge with Special / Heavy weapon [Blaster]

Created with BattleScribe (battlescribe.net)

Its the same penalty as taking 25% casualties.

If I wanted to change my list up without building a new army I will just put some sort of ID tags on the bases when they are being used as proxies

thanks m8

There's also a story in which a single Drone Sniper kills an entire squad of Terminators by hitting them all with eye-shots.

If we were to take every single individual piece of canon as correct over logic then powerlevels would be all over the place.

>Friend gives me the sprues for the unit of bikers from Dark Vengeance he didn't use for $10
>Get so excited by the bargain that I rush to assemble and paint them and forget to prime them first
>mfw

They came out ok but I know they'll never be quite right.

What's better on raptor?
Bolt pistol or plasma ?

How do you forget that? When you try to start painting the lack of primer is kind of noticeable.

Awful. Your formatting is all over the place. You filled it with shit like "with heavy weapon (up to 1 for 10 models)" and "Created with Battlescribe (battlescribe.net)"

What the hell is wrong with you? Are you incapable of putting 5 seconds of effort into your post and actually cleaning it up in notepad before trying to throw it in other people's faces?

I spent so much time thinking about what color scheme I wanted that I just forgot and went straight to paint.

You don't even need notepad to clean it up, battlescribe has options that remove all the extra shit from lists and you can just delete the last line when posting.

If you were trying to make me less angry, user, you did not succeed.

smugScoria.gif

>forget to prime
>came out ok

Choose only one.

I've seen it done before, but "ok," is very much the key word here.

All the extra shit was turned off. It's usually formatted a lot better than that by default.

+++ Deldar B (998pts) +++

++ Dark Eldar: Codex (2014) (DE Realspace Raiders Detachment) ++

+ HQ +

Succubus [Archite glaive, Haywire Grenades, Splinter pistol, Webway portal]

+ Elites +

Kabalite Trueborn x5
Splinter cannon x2
····Venom [Splinter Cannon]

+ Troops +

Kabalite Warriors x10
Splinter cannon
....Raider [Dark Lance, Nightshield, Splinter Racks]

Wyches x 9
Hekatrix [Agoniser, Haywire Grenades, Splinter Pistol]
Hydra Gauntlets x1
....Raider [Dark Lance, Nightshield]

+ Fast Attack +

Reavers x6
Cluster caltrops x2
Blaster x2

Scourges x7
Blaster x4

Yes they can, just not at deployment.

I have bad news, you're probably retarded.

FAQ isn't official yet.

Tank shlick does D6 wounds at strength half of front AV, AP 15-front AV.

So ranging from S5 AP5 to S7 AP1.

There, you're welcome.

Still not great, but that's much better.

It seems you already fixed the issue of your splinterborn's venom not running double cannons. Other than that, you should drop the hekatrix and the haywire grenades since the succubus is already carrying them and you can only throw 1 in a phase (I'm assuming the succ is joining the wyches). That gives you wiggle room to squeeze a blaster into the splinterborn squad or the warriors. It's not the biggest boon, but it's something more than paying twice for something you can only use once.

So then you're looking at this...

>T1: marines hold their dicks and wait near your board edge, prone to getting shot.
>T2: Corvus comes on the board, marines get on
>T3: Marines can disembark only if the Corvus moved less than 6" in hover mode.

It's still a bad idea.

Yeah, nah. One word: Battlecompany.

We're all retarded sometimes friend

IDGAF, just posting the facts.

Free rhinos with Obsec is it's own idiocy and shouldn't be taken into account in balance/simulationist discussions because it's inherently outside the bounds of reasonable gameplay.