Deciphering a thing for a game

This was in my copy of Breakfast Cult which arrived today, along with this context:

"
ASPECTS

Durwood,
There’s something wrong with this file. The supplementary GAME OVER material is untouched, but someone has been through our friend X’s dossier and corrupted his personal details. Please look into this before our next meeting. Do not inform the Steering Committee about this.
— H
APPROACHES
Careful: A (+3) Flashy: C (+1) Quick: D (+0) Clever: C (+1) Forceful: B (+2) Sneaky: B (+2)
STUNTS

CM,
I think you’re on to something, this file definitely had something to do with it. Spoofing Foundation cred doesn’t fix the dossier though so we need more. I heard X stashed something in the pigpen and I don’t see it in these files, maybe they missed it? Get me a list of the best students to approach the pig problem and maybe we can solve this.
— J"

anyone here good with ciphers and the like?

Other urls found in this thread:

scottbryce.com/cryptograms/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

what you have there is the pigpen cipher, look good but insecure., just google it and it'll become easy

googling various pigpen ciphers just returns gibberish.

Try this.

That's diiiiick

Once you converted it into letters you can paste it into substitution analysis websites.

DRGWPAKGMXAOFAG
IFNAVXQCWJFL

GIDVXALYKJHPOZNRNP
OGMSIZHXALYIZDMWN

KRUNHHXOIYFTNJSJ
VNAFJDTWXCFBUWV

BNHCAPVBRIFPXHSNT
KHGVLUTTEPKOXMXB

KIBCQN
LFCQHZZ

Just tried this with transcription from No dice. Not even Vignere solver worked.

I mistyped the second last line should be

DRGWPAKGMXAOFAG
IFNAVXQCWJFL

GIDVXALYKJHPOZNRNP
OGMSIZHXALYIZDMWN

KRUNHHXOIYFTNJSJ
VNAFJDTWXCFBUWV

BNHCAPVBRIFPXHSNT
KHGVLUTTEPKOXMXB

EKIBCQN
LFCQHZZ

I'm using frequency analysis and trying to brute force it with quipqiup but I'm not having any luck.

My quess is there's a clue somewhere in the book, art or fiction.

If the final short two lines are a name, that could be a hint. HH, TT, and ZZ are the only double letters and they show up once each. The most common double letters in english are SS, EE, TT, FF, LL, MM, OO

OP, any sign in the book of cleartext phrases you expect in the ciphertext?

OK, this is kicking my ass.
It's listed in the index as "Weird thing"
Automated solutions don't seem to work, and no extra joy supplying relevant terms with double letters in the appropriate places (Occultar, Osservat, etc).

Looking at scottbryce.com/cryptograms/ this doesn't look like real text (at least, not in a simple substitution cipher).
Only three recurring trigraphs, even numbers of digraphs...

There's also anomalous digraph assymmetry, used to find E and H (as they often appear HE but rarely EH).

Either the ciphertext is hugely unusual or it's a complex cipher (and I have no idea what the key to it would be).

Any ideas on 11 letter words that could be the key to a Vigenère cipher?

It bothers me that the larger text is at the bottom. Is the image upside down?

I got my copy yesterday as well, and there's nothing. It's page 81 if anyone else has it.

Anyone else got any ideas?

No, plus what starts with a double letter pair?

No spaces nor punctuation. That "most common letter" should probably be a space. Punctuation might be optional...

Most common letter is N, two lines end in N

These are not accurate, fyi

I got

DRGWPAKGMXAOFAG
IFNAVXQCWJFL

GIDVXALYKJHPOZNRNP
OGMSIZHXALYIZDMWN

KRUNHHXOIYFTNASJ
VNAFJDTWXCFBUWV

BNHCAPVBRIFPXHSNT
KHGVLYXXEPKOXMXB

EKIBCQN