Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Friendly reminder to tell us what 3pp your game allows if you need character building help.

Would your characters consider suicide... or only murder?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/iYhDNSTq (embed)

Please search for the unerrata'd content here:
web.archive.org/web/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Horror Adventures: imgur.com/a/r2TOH
imgur.com/a/odYOE

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=369484
d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/sorcerer/archetypes/paizo---sorcerer-archetypes/wildblooded/mutated-bloodlines---paizo/empyreal
d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/sorcerer/archetypes/paizo---sorcerer-archetypes/wildblooded/mutated-bloodlines---paizo/sage
youtube.com/watch?v=tq4seuBFxIM
docs.google.com/document/d/1zXrG9NCkO1MKfMH8ryQLEfc87q2Oc40uewA1aB4-us8/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for quadratic casters

Bizarre house rules edition

myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=369484

As the GM, I strongly consider suicide every day of my life, but I always resolve just to murder the player characters instead.

>Drop Dead Studios recently commented they're kicking around a new martial combat and skills system

Spherecasters and Whateverwarriors, living in harmony?

One can dream

These aren't even bad, bruh.

Just a friendly reminder that, you can now play Paladin however you want.

Just don't forget to cast Protection from Evil and Protection from Chaos once or twice a day.

Spheres of War, they're apparently calling it, so Spherewarriors I guess?

Spheremartials

do you think sphere warriors would clash with gishy sphere casters the way initiators clash with regular gishes?

>Spheres of War

Aw. That seems a little on-the-nose. I was hoping they'd pick a different name for it.

Cry 'Havoc!' and let slip the Spheres of War!

What's a good gestalt for Kineticist?

Is 3rd-party on the table?

If so, then Psychic Armory Soulknife. Get all of your weapons to be Conductive and you'll be able to blast more effectively.
If not, Barbarian is nice because it boosts your CON (and your STR, if you're a Kinetic Blade attacker), Alchemist is also a strong choice with the added benefit of utility.

Nope. The Paladin's Code of Conduct isn't "Be LG.". It is "Abstain from committing evil actions or from being dishonorable." A paladin that falls doesn't necessarily stop being LG.

What's a good gestalt combo for something with high strength and wisdom?
I was considering druid with unchained monk but i don't know if style strikes work with natural weapons.

Cleric/Goliath Druid/Nature Fang Druid + Unchained Monk
Warpriest + Cleric
Warpriest + Hunter
Etc

Also can't forget Wis Sorc + Monk

I had a character coup de grace herself when a tsochari tried to invade her body and was on the verge of succeeding.

A coup de grace from a point blank revolver shot is effective at killing just about anyone.

Soulknife/Inquisitor

Think about.
You create a weapon, slap bane on it, slap whatever weapon enchantments you want and just fuck shit up.

>WIS Sorc
wut

They do not.

d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/sorcerer/archetypes/paizo---sorcerer-archetypes/wildblooded/mutated-bloodlines---paizo/empyreal

Feral Combat training

So you're telling me that there's options for the sorcerer to use any mental stat?

d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/sorcerer/archetypes/paizo---sorcerer-archetypes/wildblooded/mutated-bloodlines---paizo/sage

>Would your characters consider suicide... or only murder?

My ravenlord's bird once tried to kill herself on her master's rapier when her master got mind controlled, rather than serve her master's puppeteer.

Couldn't do it in time before the raven got ordered to stop and allow herself to be controlled too.
It was a pretty metal moment.

That's metal as fuck user. Tell me more of this Ravenlord.

>TFW I'm exactly that type of player
>TFW I'm a shit tier DM because of it, forget common shit constantly, much less able to make worlds detailed and remember it
>TFW my old group is somehow super happy with me, willing to play with me from across 2 timezones instead of IRL like we used to.
it's an uncomfortable feeling, but not an altogether bad one

Can you be a Succubus (male) using the DSP monster class?

>owl
>not raven

Ravens are objectively the best birds.

I am obligated to contend this assertion.

How does it feel to have a pleb tier taste in birds?

I dunno user.

Have you tried asking YOURSELF??

But my taste in birds is impeccable.

youtube.com/watch?v=tq4seuBFxIM

Posting objectively best bird

Objectively worst more like, it doesn't even have a beak!

... Yes? Why wouldn't you be able to? Succubi have gender just like everyone else.

Clearly nonsense, you're just raven

>rolled stats

If you're going to try to rig them for fairness, then why not just use point buy?

>tfw I let my mythic players roll a pool of 27d6 and assign them as they like, no less than 3d6 to a stat and nothing over 18 before racials

>forgot pic

>You start out with the following array:

>1: 12
>2: 11
>3: 10
>4: 9
>5: 8
>6: 7

>If at any point during this process, any stat would exceed 18, subtract excess and add it to the end of the following list.

>6, 4, 4, 2, 2, 2, 1, 1, 1, 1

>For every item in the list (including items added to the end) roll a d6, add it to the stat in the matching slot.

Gives you an average score of 13.5 regardless of what you roll, and will always end up with some sort of quite strong array.

Has anyone figured out the optimal use of the Vigilante talent that adds 1/2 your level to damage rolls if you use str for damage and dex to hit?

Unarmed Strikes, high Str and high Dex, deals more damage in the end than Deadly Agility would.

I had an interesting one where a long-term campaign I was GMing actually had a morally good player as a paladin, and he was really well liked both in and out of game. The campaign had started out honest enough, which involved a massive war between the forces of Apsu and Tiamat near the end.

Now I had subjected these guys to quite a bit, having let them know ahead of time that a chaotic evil goddess, I am attempting to personify her actions as realistically as possible, so there would be a strong deal of disturbing stuff.

When the war began, Tiamat's army had pre-emptived the entire kingdom, most of them had snuck in under the guise of refugees from other destroyed kingdoms, so shit hit the fan terribly quick. As I was describing things a few sessions after, the paladin snapped.

An alleyway had been stained with the blood and corpses of children mercilessly slaughtered by Tiamat's forces. Many decapitated. No rhyme or reason, other than Tiamat's own kind feeling all else were insignificant. These children were the same ones that the party had supported their homes and orphanages earlier, some of them known by name.

That day, my paladin player traded his moral code of conduct and righteous personality for one of vengeance. While the party was visibly affected, he was in and out of game the most affected by it. And I still remember the colossal fight between him and Tiamat's avatar.

He dropped it to zero HP, knelt on its chest, ripped her tongue out, all of her teeth one by one, cut off all her fingers, poked out her eyes.

He had the names of every child on his mind. Every soldier that fell in defense of that kingdom. He made Tiamat pay in blood for every life lost.

Could you explain this to me? I don't think I understand what you mean.

Yeah.

Sage bloodline lets the Sorc use INT.
Empyreal bloodline lets the Sorc use WIS.
Standard Sorc uses CHA.

Shame there's no STR or CON one.

It's a way to roll stats in a way that will always get the same average of stats, but still gives a good variance of arrays. The arrays will also be fairly strong (average of 13.5 instead of 10.5 like, say, 3d6 or 4d6b3's 11.5 or 12.5 [I can't remember which]).

What? The fuck?

What about Incubi? How can you be a succubus and male?

A tedious and annoying process that produces analogous results to just saying "fuck it, pick some big numbers for your important abilities and some solid ones for the others".

Succubi have genders and have had genders for years in D&D and Pathfinder. They're shapeshifters and have preferred forms.

Incubi and succubi are /different species/, embodying different concepts. Incubi are aggressive rape, succubi are deceptive rape/date-rape.

You roll 1d6 and add six to the slot in the array that corresponds to what you rolled. If you rolled 6, for example, your array is now 12, 11, 10, 9, 8, 13.
Then you roll for where to distribute the 4, 4, 2, 2, 2, etc. among them.
If you rolled a 1 then a 1 again, you'd take that 4 that would have gone to the 18 (12+6) you already had and stick it back on the end of the list.
If you roll nothing but ones, the other players burn you at the stake for your terrible luck, as usual.

Notably, incubi have free shapeshifting too, and will end up looking however they feel like.

Better than rolling a stat gen method that isn't guaranteed to give you decent stats, though.

>succubi are deceptive rape/date-rape.
Not quite. They're supposed to be actually seductive and alluring.

Seductive, alluring, disguised. And then they energy drain you to death. Fair enough though. The big thing is that succubi and incubi are different species, not male and female versions of the same species.

Why haven't you jumped ship from this piece of shit game yet, /pfg/?

Specifically to spite you, personally.

Because it's no better than DW. If I want rules lite nonsense, I go with FUDGE.

TRUE STRIKE
Casting Time 1 standard action
Components V
Cost 2 Int damage
Range personal
Target you
Duration see text

You gain temporary, intuitive insight into the immediate future during your next attack. Your next single attack roll (if it is made before the end of the next round) gains a +20 insight bonus. Additionally, you are not affected by the miss chance that applies to attackers trying to strike a concealed target.

When will there be more?
Make Pathfinder Great Again.

I dont understand, why does this guy keep posting this slightly modified true strike all the time?

>reducing your save DC by casting the spell
Um, no.

Because he's an idiot.

How can we make Charmed Life great again?

By making it the same mechanic as Divine Grace instead.

Veeky Forums, I need you.
Satyrs are a playable race in Pathfinder?

Is playing a psion worth it?

That's up to your GM.

The standard rule in PF for monster as PC race is that CR=(Level minus character wealth), though sometimes a creature may have NPC wealth. Every four levels they take in a class, they get a bump of one extra level to keep their DC's for class abilities up to par.

>Final battle tomorrow
>Almost out of spells
>Planetar NPC made me send my undead away in exchange for its aid
>Can't sleep even when I want to
>Probably be playing tomorrow twitchy and sleepless
>Under immense pressure that I will job it and bad end the group

I'm scared pfg

Homebrew of cultist, updated with comments:
docs.google.com/document/d/1zXrG9NCkO1MKfMH8ryQLEfc87q2Oc40uewA1aB4-us8/edit?usp=sharing

>5 first cultist rituals have been added
>Ritual of Shackling, Transgression and Weakening are supposed to be used to more easily capture people for rituals.
>Ritual of Infusion is a buff thats more just for the flavoring of cultist
>Ritual of Restoration is for those cults that want to have more options as a LG cult.

Feedback greatly appreciated.

>investigator joins the group
>we're investigating murders
>literally combing crime scenes for clues

episodes of CSI usually have a gunfight like halfway through right

Never heard of this (male) archetype. I don't think the Pathfinder system supports it. You might need Black Tokyo for that. I thought I saw that word used a few times there.

I think I've seen someone play a male character before, we laughed at his thing.

Haven't looked at the rituals, so I'll give you what I noticed from the previous draft.

The Mob ability does nothing mechanically and doesn't make sense fluff wise.

Cult Leader is comically useless as a capstone. Maybe as a tenth level ability as written, since I imagine the intent was to sack followers for rituals.

They should just have cantrips as normal, as the thought of murdering a dog to clean the mess from killing the last dog is really just too stupid.

The Talisman mechanic is binary in power, for the most part. With downtime, ridiculous. Without, near worthless. This feels like it should just be window dressing for standard spellcasting.

If these guys are going to be predominantly NPCs, why actually stat them as a class when they could just be Adepts with rituals? Again, the idea seems something that can just be reflavored on an existing class, rather than needing its own mechanics.

>STR sorcerer

>tfw no DEX sorcerer who is fluffed as using sleight of hand and trickery

>The mob ability does nothing mechanically and doesnt make sense fluff wise
The mechanics portion is that you will be requested to help the cult at times and that as you get promoted, you can request help from the cult. Fluff-wise, you're a cultist. Of course you're part of a cult.

>Cult leader is useless.
Fair enough, although intent was to have the cultist be going on adventures most of the time, meaning they'll have their own reseirvour of bloodstones which you can call upon.

>Should have cantrips as normal, murdering dogs to clean up the last dog
The cantrips cost nothing and take 5 minutes to prepare. If you need a cantrip immediately (like a combat cantrip), you should've made it a talisman.

>Talismans are binary in power
By downtime do you mean when cast or you need downtime to make them? The talismans are cast with a swift action, and i'd imagine it'd take at most a day to use up the blood points you have to make talismans.

>Window dressing for standard spellcasting
not sure what that means, but i guess that it should just be reflavored normal spellcasting? Half the point is that the class cant cast normally.

>If these guys are going to be predominantly NPCs
Not sure where you got that from, but for the purpose im homebrewing this, they aren't.

How can I best play a foxfire pyromancer in Pathfinder?

Depends. If you're going for fear, go Dread. If you're going for playful antics, go Illusionist (either wizard or bard). If your going for the doom and gloom horror of it, go Sorcerer.

Why are you making excuses when your class is bad?

These arent excuses nor reasons, i just cant think of a solution immediately

Get gud.

So I'm kinda new to the pathfinder system.
How should I go if I want to make a character that:
- uses firearms as his main weapon,
- is equipped with various gadgets (flashbang, smoke grenade, explosives, etc..),
- is proficient in military tactics and can lead a group

I mainly roleplay so I don't care much about min-maxing

What if the summoner class functions exactly like its 4e counterpart, in that your summons take your actions away from you.

Alchemist with a dip into Gunslinger, but mostly stick to Alchemist

What is Guts in PF? and what level?

Trench fighter instead.

Depends on if 3pp is allowed

Damn straight.

>Ordinary soldiers consider him to be "Fast"
>Wearing heavy armor
>Feat heavy build with lots of extra weapons
>Ordinary soldiers consider him to hit hard as fuck
>Good at sundering shit
lvl 7 two-handed fighter VMC barbarian with a large sized impact bastard sword most likely.

Sounds absurd that he's lowish level but he really is just a big fish in a small pond given his setting.

Armor of berserk is either Fighter 7/Alchemist 2 for feral mutagen or maybe we can even stretch it to fighter 11 VMC barbarian for animal fury rage power.

Thank guys

Both look cool but I feel the trench fighter is what I'm looking for. If my GM allows me to play with Reign of Winter I'll go with trench fighter, otherwise alchemist+gunslinger

Desperado (for the Arm-Cannon) Warlord with a few levels in Armored Hulk Barbarian

I'd say Barb5/Warl5

>why Warlord and not Warder
Guts ain't exactly booksmart. Plus he's been known to take extreme risks in combat, rely on his luck, and did lead troops as a Raid-LEader during the Golden Age. Warlord just seems perfect.

Dragonslayer and the Berserker Armor are artifacts, and said armor probably increases is effective Barb level for Rage while also giving him Diehard.

These levels seem impossibly low for what he's gone up against.

Do you have access to 3pp?

Like most anons say. The monsters he fights are "Routine" by golarions setting.

Those monkey dog men that raped the shit out of villagers? Probably just gnolls with some natural armor.

Those big motherfuckers that he struggles to kill? Just ogres or trolls.

Fucking level 3 fighters kill those things quite handily in Golarion.

He was even struggling to defeat what passed for a draconic bloodrager and had to pull out his deus ex armor to fight it.

Another thing to consider is that he uses mundane bombs, crossbow bolts and cannon shots to great effect all of which are laughably ineffective at higher levels of the game.

I know the new anime is your first time being exposed to Berserk, but I guess its a slight improvement that you arent creating who would win threads anymore.