Age of Sigmar General

>resources
pastebin.com/6y3WjKs6

Let the tempest rage on edition

>General's Handbook is up
Who can convert it in pdf with hyperlink function?
Rough version is up, still waiting that kat uploader version.
mega.nz/#!DxJhhQRa!ObBJiQp43LJK2gC22ioeyXsMNU1_BjwyAR-sjeAoHJg

>OP image album
imgur.com/gallery/12eeL

Old thread:
What's next?

Off topic, deathwatch epub is up.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ob8A4AP0Fa0
dropbox.com/s/wqsx9u96fihqbz0/Warhammer base size chart V1.pdf?dl=0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Damn you for uploading it. I wanted to do it

Quick reminder that if you ebayed your brets after they got discontinued you're not welcome at the round table of bretonnia forums

Thanks,
Sir Pointsavedaos

Who /perry and firestorm miniatures/ here?

Who needs GW when you have historical ripoffs?

Because some of us have only official GW stores to play in and to say they frown upon third party stuff is... generous.

How do I play goblins?
What should I take?
What is good?
What is fun?

anyone have a fun gnoblar unit idea for my gnoblar armies ?

>What should I take?
BIG units
>What is good?
BIG units. Seriously, big Night Gobbo units buffed by a Warlord are cheap, surprisingly tough and deal incredible damage. If you don't like Night Goblins, take regular but buffed by a Shaman, not a Warlord.
>What is fun?
Fanatics and anything Squig

>What is fun?
The look on your opponent's face when your 60 Gobbos have the same save as Sigmarines at range and in melee they deny him his exploding 6s to hit.
And the look on his face when your Mangler Squigs leave bloody ruin in their wake, then die and kill a few more enemies with their death-throes.

Hey user, check out these new models I got from Forge World! Mind if I try them out in a 2k point game with you?

1,980 points:
80: Tomb Banshee
400: Mourngul
100: Skeleton Horsemen x5

Just a friendly game, 'kay?

I wanna buy some Wanderers, what's a wanderer list look at around 1000 points?

Here's your (You)

No.

Can you upload white dwarf weekly 131, 122, 121, 81 the original epub file then, I need them to complete my collection?

Would be interesting the play against

I will see If I have them after I returned from work. No promises

Buy a box of Glade Guard, a box of Eternal Guard and Araloth, ah, I mean a Nomad Prince.

Build 10 Glade Guard, use the remaining six bodies and the hood heads left over from assembling Eternal Guard and not Wildwood Rangers and make 6 Waywatchers (the oop unit, not the Hero). There, now you have
>Nomad Prince
>10 Glade Guard (Battleline)
>10 Eternal Guard
>3 Waywatchers (Battleline)
>3 Waywatchers (Battleline)
That's 440 points which you will use as the core of just about every Wanderers list. It has Battleline over and done with up to 2000 points.
After this it's up to you to decide whether you want to be a dick and use nothing but archers or add Rangers and Cavalry and only a couple more archers.

>Picture of a girl who has no friends and behaves so much like a bitch and a creep that she will never have any
Couldn't have picked a better pic for you if I tried, senpai

Oh, sorry, user! That was just the first draft of my 2k point list. Lemme go fetch my new one...

2,000 points:
160: Count Mannfred
80: Skeleton Warriors x10

Is this good with you?

Thx, senpai.

Okay, so you have 35 models in 2000 points. 30 of these 35 have about the same staying power as wet tissue.
So two turns in you probably have only 5 models left.
Another turn in and the fragile Manny is gone as well.
Congrats, now you have automatically lost the scenario in which you need 5 or more models to control an objective.
An unsupported Mourngul is also exceptionally unkilly as its bonus attacks cannot generate bonus attacks anymore.
It is also absolutely worthless outside melee and its movement makes it hard to flee melee effectively.
So yeah, I'd take that list on.

You come here showing us OP lists, but all you're doing is showing us lists of absolutely no value in the scenarios that come with Matched Play that, by their composition, show us that you have zero regard for other players or even for the game.

In fact, I beseech you to play this army. Please do it. Please pay Forgeworld 140 pounds, then go hunt down old Tomb Kings Skeleton Horsemen which on ebay probably go for twenty pounds apiece. Please pay a fortune for this army, which, as we discussed, is not actually all that useful, and then find out how nobody will ever play it because fielding more than 1 Mourngul immediately raises every single asshole flag of everyone in the store you currently are.

I'm not even sure what you're trying to prove here.
That the points aren't balanced? Congrats, we've been telling people that from the day the GH was announced.
That there are assholes abusing the points to play bullshit armies under a veil of legitimacy? Any passing glance at 40k will tell you that this has always been the case.
That you have no friends and want to drag everyone else down to your level? You're on Veeky Forums, posting smug anime girl faces and bullshit lists, so we know that already.

You're not even triggering anyone here. Ever since AoS came out, we've had some absolutely top tier baiting and shitposting in this thread and you aren't. You're not anywhere near top tier.

>An unsupported Mourngul is also exceptionally unkilly as its bonus attacks cannot generate bonus attacks anymore.
But that's not how it works.

careful there youre sounding pretty triggered
also "beseech"? what the actual fuck man

Pretty sure you can ignore objectives and go for the kill, can't you?

So, if I buy more brets from ebay or old stores in addition to the old stuff I already have they won't like me?

>ignore objectives and go for the kill

Depend on the scenario, you may need 5+ models to negate opponent objective. In AoS, pitched battles are mean to hold objective, instead of the kill(minor victory only).

So apparently this game is good now after the chaos that ensued last summer when it was released?
How boring am I for buying the Stormcast eternals starter?
You guys agree that the best addon for that is the game starter and Knight-Venator?

Also army theme youtube.com/watch?v=Ob8A4AP0Fa0

Yes, it pretty literally is. General's Handbook, Third Rule of One. Attacks generated by special rules cannot themselves generate additional attacks

If you could kill 2000 points of army with only four Mournguls, sure, but even if their attacks are good, they aren't nearly killy enough to rake in their 400 point price tag. They are absolutely amazing at never dying, but when it comes to killing stuff, a lot of things will leave a Mourngul in the dust. Never mind that there are a couple things that can in fact kill a Mourngul reasonably well, like massed attacks with good hit and wound rolls but no Rend, like Blightkings or Night Goblins or Gnoblars. You don't even have to worry about Mystic Shield on them because a) he can cast it only once per turn so you can simply focus on the Mournguls that aren't being shielded right now and b) the only caster in that particular list is infinitely more fragile than the Mournguls. Now if someone were to take Mournguls and buff them with Mortarch Mannfredo's excellent buff aura...

Nah mate, I'm chill as fuck, stretched out on my couch, petting my pooch. I used beseech because "beg" really didn't convey my level of "please do it oh mighty one" enough. The guy yesterday with the "hurr terrain does nothing" triggered me, this list dude just kinda exists.

You could also keep the skellingtons way back and murder everyone with the Mournguls, right?

>Yes, it pretty literally is. General's Handbook, Third Rule of One.
That's not "unsupported." And you're still making a crapton of attacks.

>keep the skellingtons way back
You can't keep skellies away from objective.

The best way to start Stormcasts is Start Collecting + Starter Set. If you want to add to that, a Venator and a box of Paladins is always nice.
Also, the whole Sigmarine hate has considerably died down especially once people actually understood the rules and found out that they are not OP as fuck after all, so nobody will shit on you for picking them.

>nobody will shit on you for picking them
I will shit on him, if he pick Hammer of Sigmar. ;-p

What I mean by unsupported is that the Mourngul could be infinitely better if you put a couple of buffs on him, like, again, Mannfredo's reroll Hits and Wounds of 1 or if you could somewhere find a flat +1 To Hit for him, then yes, he'd be devastating.
>still making a crapton of attacks.
eh, 8.296 damage at -2 Rend. For a 400 point model that's actually pretty terrible. Just look at what some Mangler Squigs can do while costing much, much less.

so I'm just starting to get up to date with age of sigmar, was a 40k player a few years ago but stoped and the shitstorm that AoS brought on kept me away, wtf happened to Slaanesh? and is he/she/it coming back or are they killing he/she/it off? Also, hows the ironjaws start collecting box as a first buy?

Yes, Slaanesh is coming back, probably as a part of the Aelf introduction storyline.

And it's good. Ironjawz are pretty great and the starting box is good value.

>listfaggot BTFO
>mournghoul meme BTFO
Glorious.

IronJawz are a really good army, that shit they can do is fucked.

Your post is as much shitposting as the post you a responding to. Stop it. This behaviour doesn't help the general.

Mourngul is a meme?

People fielding a lot of them is.

Usually alongside a lot of Nagashes. It was around more early on after AoS's release.

Thanks, I'm also trying to come up with a painting scheme, so anyone have any cool pics?
I think I want to use some gold them but just not lots of it...
Also I wish I could paint glowing effects like pic related

You who have stuck with GW may be able to answer this question better than WHG, so I will ask you as I asked them.

What evidence was there that Warhammer 8th edition was losing Games Workshop money in sales, stock, anything.

I don't want "well everyone knows", I've enough of that in 10 years of investor annual reports from GW.

But there must be something else out there, blog posts, insider information, Something.

Posted this in wip with little luck. Anyone know some good complimentary colours for me to use on the sand which will be on the bases? Bark is dryad bark, gorthor brown karak stone. Using sand on the base with some flock, vines and slate coloured with eshin grey.

For 400 points, it IS pretty sweet.

Not sure what problem you're seeing. These people come here for the delicious (You)s, that's their heroin. The ultimate answer to that is to give them a buzzkill like the post you are responding to. No actual reply, no mad, just a (You) they can't actually enjoy.

It accounted for less sale than the paint

You who have stuck with GW may be able to answer this question better than WHG, so I will ask you as I asked them.

What evidence was there that Warhammer 8th edition was losing Games Workshop money in sales, stock, anything.

I don't want "well everyone knows", I've enough of that in 10 years of investor annual reports from GW.

But there must be something else out there, blog posts, insider information, Something.

duplicate post, I apologise.

From what source.

The general package is, yes. But people see the model as be-all, end-all, which is not the case. It is incredibly survivable, but its damage output is lacking (for its price tag) and it doesn't help too much in all the new objective-based missions. It's simply incredibly fucking annoying to fight against because it's hard to actually damage the damn thing, it can heal what little damage you do to it and it dishes out massive negative modifiers to hit in melee. Which is generally a combination that makes a Mourngul perfect for trolling.

I wouldn't use contrasting colours on the base myself. The colours in the blue-green-brown triad all complement each other, adding more colours may spoil them and make them look too busy. Just plain sand or gravel will look okay with the brown bark, but won't draw the eye away from the models.

Very nice work, by the way.

Ignoring those who claim to have an inside line at GW, because most of those contradict each other so who the fuck knows, probably the closest we could get is what third-party stores were reporting as their best selling lines. Pic related is very typical of the years leading up to WHFB's death, 40k at the top, then some other games, with Fantasy not even in the top 5. But there's obviously big issues with that (it only says how games were selling relative to each other, there's no way to tell if a game made a profit or not from that; and GW has sales channels through its own online and brick 'n' mortar stores as well.)

What's kind of funny is stuff like pic related was held up by GW-haters as proof GW was dying for years with fanboys saying it tells us nothing, then when AOS came out it flipped with this sort of data being held up by GW-fanboys to prove it was a good decision while the -haters said it means nothing. I don't know myself, I'm just passing it on as it's the only non-anecdotal "evidence" I know of for how WHFB was doing.

It's the reason I ask in all honesty,

Everything seems to revolve around this one pivotal point that WHFB 8th was under-selling, or atleast, not breaking even on it's cost to sell.

But there is nothing tangible to back this up. GW maintain the hardest grip on their sales figures known to man, but they Have stated in the past when a system has needed to change (2010-2011 Annual Report, the move from 7th to 8th as an example).

I'm going to have to look up tournament numbers too, see if there's any correlation there. ETC, GTC, there's quite a number out there to peer through.

Thanks all the same though. If anything else comes to mind, I'd be happy to hear it

Tzeentch be with you

I'd add a Girlyman Blue glaze to the daggers to have some more blue to contrast the skin, but other than that, the paint job looks amazing.

Thank you
Was worried about a contrasting base for the same reasons, good to see it wasn't pointlessly. Thing is my sand is a dark orange colour which really doesn't match when unpainted. I could pick up some new sand and attach it on easy enough, but thought painting and drybrushing would give a better effect.

I've got a test base I did here, used the same shades as for the bark which doesn't work too well (I was hoping a sepia wash would differentiate it from the model). The ballast in the background is a good colour to use but the chunks are too big for the whole base really.

Know what brand/type of sand would work well? Or alternatively what earth colours would be good?

What the hell is going on in this picture?

How new do you even have to be

Natfka, recent post said it was sub 5% of income, less than paints and tools.

AoS is now 35% of income.

I find them good but lack of shooting makes some armies annoying to deal with.

Easily fixed by adding either archer grots or Bonesplitters.

What was with that guy with the hate on for the slann last thread? Is their any truth to what he was rambling about?

That was Carnac. He has a fetish for Be'lakor. The lizardmen killed him using rocks, he's still salty.

That... I don't belive anyone can be that petty or have that little a life that they would take time out of their day to kick a war gaming faction any time they are remotely down without reason

And yet Carnac exists.

Who the fuck is carnac?

Anyone know if there's a Square to Round base conversion chart?
I'd rather have all my army on the same shape bases, even if i have to buy Dominion ones

You don't have to believe in something for it to be real.

Offtopic:

Where's this deathwatch book? i've searched in the archive and in all the threads, can't find it.

This do anything for you?

>trusting anonymous sources from Natfka.
I bet you think those plastic thunderhawks are still coming.

I got it in a 40k general thread a day or two back. You sure you searched hard enough?

An errant knight of Bretonnia bring in a severed head of a beastman to the king of Bretonnia and his court as evidence of a Chaos incident. The court is in a shocked uproar on the matter.

Thanks i'll save it.
I'm a bit tired so my brain isn't working well though lmao

Searched harder this time, found it. Thx

Found this dropbox.com/s/wqsx9u96fihqbz0/Warhammer base size chart V1.pdf?dl=0

So assuming your pic is accurate i'm good to go
Thanks

is there anyone here willing to hook a guy up with measurements for the size of a Citadel Wood base (width at widest and narrowest point, and length) and possibly a top down photo reference? I'd like to try and make some of my own Wyldwoods but I'd like for them to be roughly the correct size.

I have my Grand Alliance Destruction Battle Tome, how comes those are the only books that aren't on the archive?

Do take a long, hard look at the OP. If you still think there's nothing there to put you on the right path, look harder. If that still doesn't help you, you don't deserve the epub.

Not digital, the people who have them don't want to ruin their copies justifying it as the book not having content for someone who pirates his books as the warscrolls are on GW site, (some of) the battallions are uploaded in photo quality and the fluff adds little to nothing.

Oh, well that explains didn't know there wasn't digital

Take a look at it. As you (should) know, the Warscrolls in there are all on the GW Website, free to download (except for Beastclaw and Bonesplitterz who have had an update since GA:Destruction came out). Then visit the webstore and, as an example, click the Firebelly and read the webstore flavor text, then compare that to the Firebelly faction flavor text from GA:Destruction. You will notice it to be almost the same. GA:Destruction also does not have ANY Warscroll Battalions in it.

To summarize, the Warscrolls and the fluff are both available for free online and that book in particular consists of nothing else.
And that's why they are not released digitally and why they'll never be in the pastebin.

The thing where you just take your grand allegiance faction buff if you play one of the 7 older Battle-tomes is only a rule that exists in a facebook post, right? or is it in the FaQ i forget.

Either way, i wonder if when those armies get their own traits, artifacts, etc will that rule be removed since the current generic allegiance buffs are very ill-fitting

E.g: Ironjawz shouldn't move 4+d6 that's clearly not how they were designed being slow heavy armor Orukks

Pestilens and Khorne isn't supposed to randomly hit on 3's or 2's sometimes, especially Pestilens with their passive reroll to hit on almost everything makes it wasteful

Flesh Eaters are supposed to die and then be restored, not have a constant 5+ death save making even ghouls hard to remove.

And of course stormcast and lizards don't seem to give a damn about bravery, so their Order thing is wasted on them.

Supposedly we're getting this book next month, anyone have further info on that?

Yes, it's a facebook post. From the official AoS Facebook page. Giving an answer after being prompted for clarification.

>E.g: Ironjawz shouldn't move 4+d6 that's clearly not how they were designed being slow heavy armor Orukks
Aha. So they were specifically designed to be so slow that they're always shot to death before they reach front lines? And the Ironjaws Battalion that's IN their Battletome and also lets them move D6" in the Hero Phase is clearly designed wrong. Aha.

>Pestilens and Khorne isn't supposed to randomly hit on 3's or 2's sometimes
Aha. Chaos isn't designed to randomly get bonuses.

>Flesh Eaters are supposed to die and then be restored, not have a constant 5+ death save making even ghouls hard to remove.
Aha. So they took summoning away but made the entire Death faction tougher to compensate, but this is somehow wrong when applied to Flesh-Eaters.

>And of course stormcast and lizards don't seem to give a damn about bravery, so their Order thing is wasted on them.
Aha. Stormcast, whose biggest weakness is their surprisingly bad Bravery, don't have any use for a Battleshock reroll.

Do you even play this game or did I just fall for the shittiest bait in the thread? Because you seem to not know a damn thing about anything you're saying.

Hilariously enough the handgunners lists from before will actually wreck this

I'm going to have my Ironjawz going 4+2D6 and you're going to like it

No, it really won't. It'll wreck the Skellies, but once they're dead, you'd wish you have Crossbows instead, because the extra shots from the Crossbows would help more against the Mournguls than the Rend they aren't affected by.

>did I just fall for the shittiest bait in the thread?

Well i unintentionally conjured up a masterful bait post it seems. I'm sorry i triggered you, user.

I was actually trying to drum up some discussion, but you're right, AoS general is just for shitposting, sometimes i forget where i am

Oh sure crossbows will do it better but you're already doing 7 wounds per unit to those mournghuls even ignoring your rend.

He wasn't killed by rocks but anyways...

Where is the apology. You lied in the previous thread and when caught you went quiet. Do you want me to screencap it and bring it to this thread? Say you're sorry now!

How about we leave arguments from previous threads in the past, yeah?

Posting the post chain from the previous thread. You see the shameful behaviour of a Serafag. See how he lies and projects on others. He cannot handle that someone is "talking shit" about his mary sues.

The Serafag when confronted with FACTS ran away tail tucked between his legs rather than admit that I was right. Such is their way.

Shameful. Disgraceful.

I will never stop asking for an apology.

No, I was happy to let go after I proved I was in the right. YOU guys dragged it here. You are the ones to blame. I will not sit down and let the Serafags prance around and act like they have the moral high ground when they are a toxic bunch.

You want big units. Minimum of 50. You want squigs. You want netters in those units to lower enemy hit rolls. Goblins are weak but in larger units they can wound on a 2+ with spears or stabbas. You want these massive blobs on top of important targets, with inspiring presence on them to ensure minimal loses. Above all, you want a mangler squig.

does a unit you want to summon need to be on the table for you to summon it ?

You're just trying to start an argument, and in my book that's shitposting. Just stop. Please.

Sounds like I have everything I need to jump in.

Square bases are still okay? Also do units all have to be kitted out with the same weapons? How many war boss / shamans would I want? Do I have to only use night goblin models or can I use normal and forest as well? Are trolls any good still?

I'll stop if they stop.

Don't start shit, and you won't get shit.

Chaos are gay

Get Ordered

t. Humans