Konflict 47

So, am I the only person stoked about this game? The minis range is shaping up nicely and I love the BA ruleset as its easy as fuck to just dig into and get going. That said I guess BA/K47 general?

Picked up a US starter when they dropped and I'm pretty pleased with it.

The rulesets really good, a genuine improvement on vanilla Bolt Action IMO.

The problem with K47 is the grognards and rivet counters will not give it the time of day because of the sci-fi elements but those same sci-fi elements are also too light for the regular wargamers out there.

I really hope it does well.

It's almost a complete rip-off of dust except the models look stupider and the rules will probably be worse.

>I haven't read the rules, or the background. I am making assumptions based on superficial similarities because I am a fuck wit.

Go to bed Paolo.

From what I've read of the Bolt Action rules, both games have very similar rulesets. The background is almost exactly the same, except less fleshed out, and the models look exactly the same. These don't appear to be "superficial".

Game has been out for less than a month let's give them time besides Dust is dead deaddead.

oh hey, I was right. There are nazi zombies in konflikt as well. ho hum

I'm being judgement till we get more models out that said the Nazi werewolves look baller

I'm excited. I love the BA rules and sometimes I want crazy super science shit.

I'm planning to go full on Wolfenstein with my SS army, though maybe keeping the original camo.

I'm also probably gonna ignore Konflikt's lore, since it's pretty retarded (not as much as Dusts though). I was thinking about having some German deserters dressed up in pesudo Volksarmee gear, so a mix of early war Germany uniforms and late war Soviet equipment.

Yeah, I really don't fucking get why people always have to give Nazi's hammer horror monsters in any post-45 WW2 scenario.
Secrets of the Third Reich was exactly the same as well.

Wait, did Gear Kreig ever do that?

On the plus side, its not run by Parente, which means it won't be killed off because people like it better than his board game version.

Tbh the traditional uniforms look better then that rubber gimp suit

it would appear so. 15mm nazi zombies straight from their site. Though it's a different scale, so I'll give them a pass.

I swear, at this point the only post-45 WW2 game I even know of not to do this was that test game Spartan Games of all fucking people were displaying at Salute this year when they should have been concentrating on Halo Ground Command.

But you know, Spartan lol.

my beef with this game would be - with Gates of Antares that also uses the BA rules why bother with this at all ? Clearly worlord will pump much more cash into antares (also i think it will sadly go of the market very fast)

I think they figure it'll loop in players of bolt action and those that fell out of dust honest I hope like hell it does well.

Number of reasons. First, there's the belief that Nazism is tied with the occult, which has been around forever. Second, it attracts fantasy gamers. Third, its an easy way to create a visible difference between factions. Historical gamers don't mind, but a lot of casual gamers want to be able to identify themselves and their army from others, and having unique gameplay from another helps with that. And finally, more of a narrative point, it helps push the bad guys further into the realm of being 'the other', so you can sympathize with them less.

Personally, I like the Nazi occult stuff. I just wish more games would go over the top with it, Red Alert style. Dust kinda went there, with stuff like the super gorillas and such, but I want full-on armored war bears, chrono tanks, and Nazi witchtroops.

It's a popular troupe.

Thankfully you don't actually have to field the Zombie troops or monsters as part of your army.

I mean they're looking to have were wolf and manbat troops which is pretty fun. That said I'm curious to see what the soviets get.

Yeah, with gravity guns, werewolves, and vampire monsters, Germans look fun as hell. But the Allies seem lacking, and all we know about Soviets is they are getting heavy troops and a "Terror Squad".

I think it looks interesting, and I'd be willing to give it a shot. Watched some playthrough and unboxing vids, and I liked the models.

That said, I miss Dust Warfare. God that was a fun game.

Its some "Theory" that if the nazis won the the war or got some breathing room in there science departments that they would make some weird shit

Soviets get werebears to answer the nazis werewolves with and genetically engineered superwomen with ak47s.

I remember dusk had a weird combination of straight traditional war game and grid placement rules.

Did it play okay?

it played perfectly fine really, the biggest issue I found was it was too much on the fence about what it wanted to actually be. It was designed like a boardgame but could be played like a wargame and sorta lacked in both areas at times.

Except the rules aren't shit, the models aren't goofy, and the company isn't run by an imbecile.

But hey, they both have pulpy WW2 stuff. Totally a copy. Dust invented that.

GoA is pure sci-fi. K47 is Weird War. Very different settings, and for the most part, K47 is mostly WW2 stuff with extras.

some of the walkers were pretty nice really.

so scoping out the con images posted it looks like the Russians are getting sound cannons for their weird weapons. I'm curious how they're gonna play on the table, also I'm kinda glad we haven't had any super apes as that shit gets kinda old quick and really turned me off of DUST

The K47 ones are pretty great. I found the dust ones unimpressive. Kinda like steampunk stuff, you know? It's after the aesthetic, but kinda looks arbitrary and groundless, and excessively chunky in places. K47 stuff looks more like real equipment for the most part.

It's pretty much the exact definition of superficial.

What annoys me about the whole "Nazis are the occult faction" schtick is that they always tag it on to Hitler.

IIRC it was Himmler that had a boner for the occult stuff while Hitler found it to be pretty silly.

The fluff should be that Himmler spearheaded the occult stuff while Hitler went along with it just because it was effective.

Funnily, that's how it works in Wunderwaffen which I just read.
Except Hitler ends up being mindcontrolled by Himmler.

See, I can get behind that.

Fuck you, gorillas with giant robot hands is why I paid attention to Dust in the first place.

then go play AT-34 oh wait, that's dead too.

Fucking Parente.

He's almost as toxic for an IP as GW is.

I'm all for bashing Geedubs but they are far from IP poison.

Paolo is unchallenged king of wargaming industry poison.

what else has he killed anyways?

As far as I know he's only actually killed 2 games, AT-43 and Dust.

Thing is he's killed Dust about 3 or 4 times at this point.

that's impressive in its own right really.

At-43 also contributed to the death of Rackham so I suppose if you felt especially malicious you could blame Paolo for the death of Confrontation and Cadwallon as well.

Its been a bizarre transformation with Dust. There was Tactics, which was Paolo's baby, then Warfare came out with a pretty solid ruleset. That got killed (although they still provide stats for it in the form of pdf's, though they're abitch to find on the website). Then they go and make Dust Battlefield, which is like the bastard child of Tactcs and Warfare and is a hodge-podged mess.

They're still releasing stuff for Tactics (and they're pretty good models, actually), but Warfare is, by and large, completely dead. Which is too bad.

Has anyone here played Wehrmacht 47? It's an alternative history wargame but without anything supernatural, just based off of everyone's plans if the war continued past 1945

The thing I like about Konflikt or Gear Krieg over DUST is that there are more options. It's not just Axis, Allies and SSU. You get Brits, Japanese and other countires which adds a lot more diversity to the game.

Thing that always bugged me about DUST was that if I wanted to do Brits there wasn't even so much as a special rule to make my forces fill any sifferent from any other Allied players' force.

No. But you've got my interest.

That the one that uses mini's like GHQ's wee little tiny infantry and tanks? I remember seeing something like that, where Germany had things like E-50's and the like.

Anyone know if there's any copy of the rules floating around yet?

From what I've seen in the playthrough videos, it looks like it plays exactly the same as Bolt Action, aside from the special rules on the new models.

The Idea is a complete rip off. But it will be sucessful because bolt action started as a board game, expanded to a wargame with simple rules, fucked up with production, changed supplier, fucked up with kickstarter (3 years and counting?) and now it has a new ruleset and its starting over. Konflikt uses a lot of bolt action minis and expands on the already famous bolt action ruleset that sells itself and its highly praised. Too bad for Dust...been there with them since the original core box and sold everything when the kickstarter came out. Awesome cheap models at first, now its mostly superhyper fans keeping it alive. Did not even get to see the aliens.

Dust has those, it just never released them as mini factions inside the big ones do to the major screw ups.