>the last one
>the one no one had the courage to tell to shut up
>the one no one was able to tell you that you were obnoxious
>everyone was too shy to let you know
>you look down at your bag of cheetos
>you look down at your orange hand
>and ask yourself
What do?

Presumably if I'm a That Guy I don't actually give a shit. Carry on being a dickhole, I suppose.

Stop to take a moment to appreciate how the other players and GM have put up with your shit. But stay in the group and slowly, over time become not That Guy. Start with the little things. Pay attention to the rest of the party more, actually listen to them, you know? Stop cracking lame jokes and doing stupid stuff just for the keks. Eventually, after everything has changed, you will be That Guy no longer. After all, anyone can change, and with enough time, even a highly improbable occurance becomes certain.

>Chopsticks for cheetos.
>Only speak 1/4 times you think of something so funny, or random or retarded or relevant
>Shower before you go and wear normal clothing
>Make no statements on any current events

How do you even define "That Guy"? I've yet to see a solid definition. It's just some abstract term you guys sling around.

I'm not entirely convinced you nerds actually work up the social nerve to play TTRPGs. You just get on here and talk about it all day. You on fucking Veeky Forums of all places, pretending to be elves and shit, while trying to convince everyone here you're these paragons of human behavior.

That depends on what it is you actually did. That Guy is a behavior and behaviors can be changed.
That Guy is the guy in a group who does not get along with the rest of the group, usually by being incourteous or impolite. If that's not a satisfactory definition for you then you can fuck yourself because that's the best definition there'll ever be.
>You on fucking Veeky Forums of all places, pretending to be elves and shit, while trying to convince everyone here you're these paragons of human behavior.
First off, I don't think anybody's pretending to be paragons of anything. Second off, who told you anything on this website was true in the first place, and why did you trust them?

Stop being That Guy.

>start gaming with friends who have been doing it for years
>never roleplayed in any capacity before so I'm horrible at it
>constantly ruining moments because I don't know what to say
>start worrying that I'm That Guy and that they're letting me stay because they don't want to hurt my feelings
>voice my concerns to the DM
>tells me to stop reading That Guy threads because it's making me insecure and paranoid
>tells me not get freaked out when roleplay falls flat because the only stuff anyone actually remembers is the good shit
>tells me we're bros and I'm there because they want me there
I don't deserve these people.

Is this the part where you sabotage what little relationships you have as a self-fulfilling prophecy?

Nonsense.
If you really were That Guy:
a) you wouldn't notice
b) even if you noticed you still wouldn't give a shit

Seems more like you're the guy who browses without playing. That or you're just a massive cunt who goes onto random boards to complain

No, this is the part where user brings a pan of brownies to the next session as a tacit way of thanking the GM for being a bro.
I know that feeling. Doing something nice will make you feel a little more secure and let the GM know that you're thankful.

Here on Veeky Forums we don't bring brownies.

Not since that one /k/ meet-up...

How can you let your hand get that nasty with the powder coating? I like to eat crunchy Cheetos with only two fingers, and I'll use a toothpick for puffs
I hate the feeling of having gross hands

Begin the healing process and become a better man.

I had that realization too late, one of the good players ended up leaving because they wouldn't kick me out. I healed slowly over time and the group says I'm not nearly as bad as I used to be, but that player who left never came back and won't even talk to me. For the record I didn't cause any kind of storytime-appropriate big dramatic scene, it was just lots of little things built up over time, bitching about minor details way more than I should have and not letting things go when other players or the GM made mistakes, etc., and the player got fed up and stopped talking to me.

Take advantage of your early insight and improve yourself before something bad happens to the group, user.

>Roll20

user, legit question. Someone on Veeky Forums once said that it was a good idea to use R20 to play with friends, but a horrible idea to do it with strangers. Is this true?

That's some bullshit. Let Veeky Forums educate you in the most fabulous way possible.

perfect for my /mlp/ bretheren

thanks Veeky Forums

Half true.
I found a few really good groups with it.
But I also found a few...bad ones.
Though usually you can tell if you want someone by wether or not they leave a well thought out reply or a
''Tanx u cool'' when asking to join.

Hey look, it's that guy

Remember: every group has That Guy. If you look at you group and can't identify That Guy, then it's you.

Remember: This user is wrong.

That Guy detected.

"That Guy" is the guy in a group who spoils the fun of the rest. If the whole group is having fun, there is no That Guy, Q.E.D.

True. We prefer to bring milkshakes.

They just haven't told you and That Guy never realizes he's That Guy on his own.

The Aristocrats RPG!!