Worst Primarch by far

Why was he so fucking angry?

Butcher's Nails

Yeah but couldn't he just like stop being a pissed off fag?

Imagine having a few pieces of metal in your brain. Presumably these pieces of metal also sound like your ex-wife. And step-mother. And most hated rival. And the sound of someone setting down their drink on the table instead of a coaster.

Probably something like that.

I always imagined that it made the noise of a child throwing a tantrum in the super market.

He had misshapen toes that he would stub on everything

Literally no.

>Why was he so fucking angry?
Because he was Angron.

I get he was angry but why did he have to be such a whinny bitch? For such a badass he sure bitched a lot

>did he have to be such a whinny bitch?
The ironing.

Zero growth towards emotional maturity like any of the primarchs and marines.

>whinny

Angron was a horse?

Don't bully Angron!

Because nobody else is getting anything done.

Angron was the worst part of the World Eaters though

>Recieved Butcher's Nails as a child
>Made to fight in the arena as a slave gladiator since he was a child
>Do this shit for years
>Finally lead a revolt against these faggots
>Literally as he is about to fight the most important battle of the revolt, the one that would decide whether or not your people would be free, dear old Dad basically kidnaps you in the middle of the battlefield
>Revolt's shit is wrecked, and Dad won't even let you have the common courtesy to die with your people
Gee faggot, you tell me

This. World Eaters were alright, then Angron came along and went to shit

He was a pussy. Russ and Jonson survived as infants on death worlds, what's Angron's excuse for being enslaved

People are smarter and more dangerous than fucking animals, go figure!

Yeah they produced Kharn and shit, how can you fuck up a legion that hard

Corax was also a slave.

He took over.

Angron is just a bitch-ass whiny faggot of a primarch. Guilliman was right about him.

I like to imagine the nails made him dumb as shit for a primarch, but he is easily the worst one of them.
And I love the World Eaters

"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."

But were they attacked by Eldar as babies?

Corax was not a slave. He crash landed on a moon used as a slave colony from the planet below

Konrad Curze swam through fucking magma as an infant.

It's what allowed the guys who implanted the butcher's nails in his head to do so, as he was too weak from choking elder to fight them.

>raised by slaves
>not a slave

Okay bud.

Angron is still the most utter failure as a primarch including even such perennial favorites as Lorgar, Alpharius, Night Haunter, and Magnus.

Eldar tried to assassinate him before any humans found him and he killed them.

Least to most Douchy Primarchs
Vulkan
Sanguinius
Magnus
Corvus Corax
Jaghatai
Horus
Ferrus Manus
Rogal Dorn
Roboute Guilliman
Alpharius Omegon
Lion El'Johnson
Fulgrim
Mortarion
Leman Russ
Angron
Perturabo
Konrad Curze
Lorgar

>Rogal Dorn
>Roboute Guilliman

Rogal Dorn was the literal definition of autistic, out-Autism'd by only the Lion and Perturabo

Guilliman isn't the most douchy primarch? Come on now.

>out-Autism'd by only the Lion and Perturabo
Perturabo? I'd say Mortarion was way more autistic. Though not Lion-level.

How in the Emperor is Jaghatai below Corax? Corax was a emo bitch.

> Daddy let him wreck the War Hounds Legion
> mfw

That actually WAS the point. He WASNT a slave, he was hidden and protected by the slaves that raised him until he was old enough to fight back.

Angron was forced into slavery and lobotomized. His story is very different from Corax.

Corax was sheltered from the harsh life, Angron was put through the absolute worst of it.

>Proceeds to get shit kicked in by Angron

>War Hounds
>Not the worst legion
>Literally the collared dogs of the emperor
I mean if you like being slaves with no dignity than sure I guess they are good.

that doesn't really make him wrong tho.

what does jumping has to do with that
do you just post russian reaction images without bothering to translate or crop

Because you're a terrible mayor

Better question; why would Emps give him a legion? Myabe cut your losses there, Big E. You were willing to let those other two go.

That's not Alpharius though.

who?

The former Primarch of the Alpha Legion.

>He took over.
Angron was in the middle of doing this when his dad cucked him out of his glory

Best backstory

If there was a single Primarch that had a reason to jump at the chance of rebelling, it'd be Angron, still mad however many years later over being denied the right to die along side his gladiator brothers on some backwater pit of a planet.

>Leman Russ
Russ did nothing wrong.

>Perturabo
Perty did nothing wrong.

To my knowledge the Butchers Nails were old Archeotech that was poorly recreated by the ruling class of the planet and used on the gladiator slaves. The Nails dulled all emotion to near nothingness except when in combat somehow, during which they made the gladiator feel a massive euphoria.

Due to the construction and implantation of the Nails they were impossible to remove by normal means. Magnus supposedly figured a way to remove the nails with psychic powers but The Emperor told him not too, in front of Angron.

If im wrong on any of this, please correct me.

lt me correct that

>eldar try and murder him literally as soo nas he got out of his pod
>first humans he met enslave and use the Nails
>forced to fight in the arena again and again against often impossible odds
>finally rebels
>knows he and his brothers and sisters will die but makes peace with that
>robed of his chosen death by the Big E
>only Primarch to not conquer homeworld
>shunned for his aggression
>the only reminder of his fellow arena fighters, the Nails, are banned from use
>on top of all that the Big E could have saved Angron and his fellow arena slaves but didn't because he had already made a deal with its rulers.

Angron was also the only one to ever call Big E out on his bullshit how the Imperium was just another form of slavery.

In the Betrayer novel the way it is desrcibed is a headache that even Astartes biology can't shrug off. The Nails literally 'biting' into the skull and only blood shed makes them stop.

It is essentially like having a massive migraine headache that you cant get rid of and everything just makes it worse until you kill something.

talk shit get hit

>Lorgar
>Most douchey

Dawg, Lorgar was one of the few Primarch who believed in treating the people right, and not just being a senseless warmonger.

Angron is the shittest name ever.

Lucas-tier naming.

How do the nails look anyway?

you forgot the iron person guy

hah yes I did. Though Ferrus at least gets a bit of a pass due to being a different language.

calling an angry fucker 'Angron' is the very bottom of the barrel.

yeah i suppose most the names are idiotic when translated from "latin"

Well it is 40k, it's never going to be high brow

Ferrus Manus
>Translated as Iron Hand
>Known for having iron hands
>Leads his chapter, the Iron Hands
>Rules with iron-fisted discipline
>The Iron Hands replaced their hands with Iron Hands to honor Ferrus Manus
>Did I mention he had Iron Hands?

Worse than Raven Raven the leader of the Raven Guard?

>Angron was in the middle of doing this
No he wasn't, the Battle of Desh'elika Ridge was a last stand and everyone knew it

Alpharius and omegon are huge douches. They Kill their own men because "le intrigue"

>Who is Jag'hatai Khan

Never heard of him. You're just imagining things.

I'd wager the 2nd and 11th primarchs were the worst considering they did something so atrocious that before they found Corax the Emperor had already fucking killed them.
Mortarion worst primarch, he couldn't even take what his planet dished out

It's a douche meter, not an autism meter, robot gorillaman told everyone else they had to follow his way of war or they were traitors.

>Vulkan above Sanguinius
Now yeah, it's true, but Vulkan would be nice enough to let Sanguinius have the top spot even if he didn't deserve it

Emps is actually pretty stupid.

Sanguinius will be a dick if the person deserves a dicking, look at how he treats lion El'Jonson

Vulkan will just turn he other cheek

Switch leman Russ and lion. I dont see Russ killing one of his own men so casually

Sangy would do the same, he was incredibly reluctant to claim the Emperor's place in the Imperium Secundus.

He read GW's rules and/or saw their prices

>Vulkan and Sanguinus get into a heated but even-tempered argument over who deserves the title of "Nicest primarch"
>They keep trying to give it to the other
>Kurze just watches, confused why he isn't in the running

Wait how did he treat Lion?

Can anyone explain how it is that Angron was at all close in power in any way shape or form to the other primarchs when he was almost certainly the weakest/not even a psyker

For all the apologizing for other primarchs and painting Angron as the worst, he was pretty much objectively sent into the worst conditions. Being an infant on a death world doesn't mean shit compared to being enslaved by an established, civilized oligarchy.

The emperor treats him like fucking garbage too, he doesn't give a fuck about him as anything other than a means of expanding his military conquest, and yet he's too much of an asshole to instead have just left him to die with his true allies.

Schrodinger's Angron: Yes he was a primarch-class warrior, but his presence wouldn't have even mattered.

If the emperor didn't kidnap him he likely would have ended up murdering the entire planet by hand with the plot armor they typically have.

No he would have died. This was an advanced planet with an organized military and some reverse engineered Archeo tech. Angron had some insane Gladiators and melee weapons. Yes he probably would have personally butchered thousands but they he was never going to win alone.

I don't know, I think it depends on what version of Angron in the lore you think is the most correct, because it honestly varies quite a lot.

I think Angron is at his best when he's still a constantly blood-mad kill-holic that nevertheless is a tactical master and overall genius when it comes to warfare. Given that, I don't think it's impossible to assume Angron wouldn't have just ender's-game'd his way out of the impossible odds. Certainly he had nothing to begin with but on the warpath during a full-scale rebellion what would have stopped him from taking the guns out of the hands of guys he tore in half and then using the superior arms of the military against themselves?

Either way he's clearly written to be as fucked-over-by-the-emperor as anyone. The explicit choice to not remove the nails really drives home the notion that the big E wasn't simply a bad father but a completely non-empathetic, and at times, myopic leader.

epic meme, smurfs am I right, lol XD

I figure he wasn't that stupid, but the nails had an adverse effect on his mental capacity. Physically I reckon he's one of the better off ones, beating Guilliman and Russ but he doesn't seem to have a lot going for him other than that.

Angron, his forces, his Legion watching from Orbit and the Emperor all recognized he was going to die in the last stand. His Rebellion was crushed and he was cornered into an area with no escape. It was the same rash and tactically unsound result Angron would get himself into with Russ later. Yes he was going to slaughter plenty of enemies but he was going to die. He didn't have support from the populace in his rebellions only his original gladiators and some other slaves would have joined and they would have been initially badly equipped and shit at fighting outside of the gladiators.

Angrons interactions with the Emperor are largely why I dislike him. His whole controversy is built solely on the Emperor being fucktarded with zero reasoning when it would be so easy to make his stance just as justifiable. He can't afford to lose another Primarch, the planet is highly valuable as an ally, he can't risk Magnus' sorcery fucking up Angron further.

He was insane and strong as hell.

Could Emps have in theory removed the nails? Or would it be a risk to Angron's life/brain he didn't want to take by trying? Or was it nothing but Emps being a dick and wanting to keep Angron the way he was?

As far as I know removing the nails would make Angron a drooling vegetable, though I don't see why the Big E couldn't use biomancy and his magical science to fix things. Maybe it's bad writing, maybe there's more to it.

As the setting makes Psykers more and more powerful the lore that came before hand gets dumber and dumber.

Just like force users in Star Wars

Yeah, it's pretty dumb.

>eldar find a little baby that is literally a demigod
>instead of adopting him they try to kill him
>they ruin the galaxy instead
Just imagine, angron the Striking Scorpion.

Angron internet defense force please... One of you faggots said that Gulliman getting beat by Angron because he was tired from kicking Lorgar's shit in was not an excuse. You're more hypocritical than Angron himself

How is Magnus not a douche? He literally orders his men to psychically set a wounded woman alight with warp fire and HAS A MIND CONTROLLED SLAVE who is withered and wasted from being used as a puppet by Fagnus

>cucked

Stop using this word you fucking fags, it has literally no connotation in this context

>If there was a single Primarch that had a reason to jump at the chance of rebelling
That would be Mortarion

So shouldn't Angron be a Daemon Prince of Slaanesh instead of Korne?

This. And everything with the Blood Angels being "blood" or "sanguine" and the Luna Wolves being more wolfy than the Space Wolves... Yet somehow they get a pass and the Space Wolves get shit on for their wolfiness

retard strength

Which legion was ruined the most by their primarch?

The Dark Angels

what is so hypocritical about angron?
he is the ralph wiggum of 30k, and saw the imperium for what it was.

World Eaters. Butcher's Nails were a mistake.
Thousand Sons close second.