Dragonball Quest #83

>>Previous threads

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?searchall=dragonball quest

>>Information

This quest, as the title suggests, takes place in the world of Dragon Ball. You're playing as a nineteen year old man named Tofoo, and will adventure through the story of the Dragonball series alongside characters such as Goku, Yamcha, Bulma, Tien, and many others. Through your actions, you can make significant changes to the story, and perhaps even become the strongest fighter on Earth.

>Rules

At the end of each update you'll have ten minutes to vote on options. Write-ins are allowed, but I do reserve the right to veto them.

In the event of a draw, the option to receive the next vote wins

Rolls will be used on certain occasions, such as attempting a technique for the first time or attempting something extremely difficult. You will have three rolls, and if one succeeds, you succeed. There are no crits.

Rolls are made AFTER an option wins, not during the voting process

I hope everyone has fun.

>Current Saga

Dragonball Hunt

>>youtube.com/watch?v=z4-20yY_jcQ

Yay Som is back, time for intrigue

Things were supposed to be simple right about now.

The tournament's over. You were supposed to ask Bulma out, get Goku a girlfriend, be Krillin's best man, and maybe even find a student to train. Instead, you're searching for the Dragonballs once again in order to track down Piccolo.

That shouldn't have been too difficult, but as it turns out, the Red Ribbon Army is back, and searching for the Dragonballs again. And, you've run into a couple of thugs who were somehow able to knock Goku unconscious.

Now, carrying an unconscious Goku on your back, you follow the two thugs, who claim to be leading you to the king and queen. Hopefully, they aren't stupid enough to try anything. Your last little display should have told them how much luck they'll have against you.

"We're here," the bald man declares, stopping in the middle of the path.

>A. You don't see anything

>B. Ask if their hideout's hidden underground or something

>C. Tell them you're not falling for this crap

>D. Something else

>C.

>>C. Tell them you're not falling for this crap

"I'm not falling for this crap," you tell the bald man.

"He's telling the truth!" the dark-haired man snaps."Hold on."

The bald guy drops to one knee, drawing a circle in the dirt path with his finger, then drawing out a triangle inside of the circle.

The area within the circle suddenly collapses into a deep hole. The bald man stands back up, looking back at you.

"They're down here."

>A. Jump in

>B. Tell them to go first

>C. Push him in

>D. Something else

>>C. Push him in

>C. Push him in

>C

Wary of any sort of trick, you decide to make sure they aren't trying to get you to jump into a pit of snakes, or spikes, or something of that nature.

The best way to do that, as far as you can tell, is to shove the bald man into the pit. So, that's what you do, reaching out and shoving him into the dark hole.

You hear him grunt as he hits the ground less than two seconds later, so the drop probably isn't that bad. And, since you aren't hearing any cries of agony, it seems that this probably isn't some sort of trap.

You hop in after the man, the dark-haired thug right behind you.

The two of you accidentally land on top of the bald man, who groans in pain. His buddy gets off of him right away, but you do so in less of a hurry.

The light above you vanishes as the hole seals up, only to be replaced with torchlight which reveals a long, narrow tunnel stretching off into the distance.

>A. Follow the tunnel

>B. Tell the thugs to lead the way

>C. Knock the thugs out and continue down the tunnel (10)

>D. Something else

>C.
So I read all of CYOA Saiyan Quest, it was kind of all over the place but enjoyable and the archive didn't have all the threads like Frank vs Freiza or when he met Grandpa Gohan and Roshi. I can see why anons want saiyan waifus.

God damn.

I've never wanted to titty fuck a girl more than right now

ROLL

Rolled 9 (1d100)

Rolled 35 (1d100)

Rollin'

Rolled 47 (1d100)

Rolled 97 (1d100)

jesus...

Hey guys I improved all your waifus do you like it?

Not really

The dangers of being inspired by Shadbase

Well, these guys have done what you've asked, but you still don't trust that they won't betray you as soon as they get the chance.

As the bald man begins to rise, you knock him out with a quick blow to the back of the head before doing the same to the dark-haired thug.

With that taken care of, you continue down the corridor, the unconscious Goku still on your back.

You aren't sure at first if there is anyone else down here, but as you continue down toward the end of the corridor, you hear vibrations in the air that alert you to another living thing down in the pit with you.

There energy must not be particularly significant, because you can't sense it. All that you can tell is that they're moving, holding something in their hands.

>A. Rush in and knock whoever it is out

>B. Proceed ahead slowly

>C. Call out and ask who's there

>B. Proceed ahead slowly

>B.

>B. Proceed ahead slowly

>B. Proceed ahead slowly

>B and charge a Thunder Punch, to give some light and to have a move ready

Not sure whether the person ahead of you is friend or foe, you decide to simply proceed cautiously, slowly moving toward the end of the corridor, where the space opens into a sizable room.

As you approach, you begin to notice some odd smells. They don't remind you of any odor you've come across in your life. They aren't entirely unpleasant, but they aren't exactly nice either.

As you reach the entryway to the room, a feminine voice calls out to you.

"I know you're there."

Sneaking now revealed as a pointless exercise, you step into the room, finding the speaker waiting for you.

She's a young, attractive woman with pale skin and long black hair. Her green eyes study you with great interest, and her mouth is curled upwards into a smile.

"Well, you look quite strong," she comments. "And who is that with you? I take it my boys gave him a bit of the fumes."

>A. Ask who she is

>B. Ask where the king and queen are

>C. Ask what that stuff did to Goku

>D. Something else

>A. Ask who she is

>A then C then B, then ask if she has any food

>A. Ask who she is

Tell her we're pretty.

>A. Ask who she is

If Goku has brain damage you're in serious trouble. He really doesn't have a lot of brain power he can afford to lose.

Thus I think hearing the word food would rouse goku from his slumber.

"Who are you?" you ask the woman.

"Oh, I'm Morgan," she tells you, her voice pleasant. "And you are?"

"Tofoo," you answer, the word almost jumping from your mouth.

She giggles. "Well, nice to meet you, Tofoo."

Okay, something is definitely off, here. This woman seems entirely too pleasant, especially considering you just knocked out "her boys". If she had a part in the disappearance of the king and queen, she should be terrified of what you're going to do. Yet, she seems relaxed, playful even.

"Where are the king and queen?" you ask her.

She puts a finger to her chin, her brow furrowing as she seems to try and remember.

"The king and queen...ah, right, they're in the back room," she answers. "We usually just use that place to store supplies. We don't get many prisoners here, so we had to improvise."

She glances at Goku. "We should have something that can fix up your friend back there."

"What did that stuff do to him?" you ask.

"Oh, just knocked him out," she tells you. "Don't worry, he'll be fine. But, it's pretty strong stuff, so he'll be out for a few days unless I brew him up the right mixture. If you want, you can go in the back and see the king and queen while I get it ready."

>A. Ask why she's being so friendly

>B. Ask how she knows so much about these weird gasses and mixtures

>C. Something else

>C. Something else

Let's move a few feet to the left or right. This feels like one of those situations where we're standing on a trap.

Seconding

"Why are you being so friendly?" you ask, taking a step to the left.

"Well, you catch more flies with honey, and all that," she answers, giving a playful wink. "And really, if you're as strong as I think, you could destroy me if you wanted, so I figure playing nice is probably the smart thing to do."

She turns around, grabbing various items off of a shelf and setting them on the counter in front of her.

"That should be all I need," she declares.

"How do you know so much about this kind of thing?" you ask her.

"Well, my mom taught me all about it when I was a little girl," Morgan answers, retrieving a vial of red liquid and pouring it into a glass. "It's been sort of a family tradition for a long time."

She gets a hammer, and pounds what looks like a bunch of twigs into powder before putting it in the glass.

>A. Go see the king and queen

>B. Does that make her a witch?

>C. Did she make that gas grenade the thugs used?

>D. Something else

>C. Did she make that gas grenade the thugs used?
Then I guess
>A. Go see the king and queen

This

"Did you make the grenade those guys were using?" you ask Morgan.

"Hmm?" she asks, glancing over her shoulder. "Oh, yeah. I gave them two to take with them just in case. They're pretty simple to make, but the ingredients are rare, so we only had the two. One's usually more than enough, but you must be pretty good."

She returns to her work, and you decide to go see if the king and queen are really where she claims they are.

While Morgan hums to herself and does her work, you head for the back room she mentioned, opening the door to find a dark-haired man with a beard, and a pretty woman with long, brown hair.

Their hands are cuffed in front of their bodies, but otherwise they aren't restrained. You suppose that Morgan and her boys were pretty confident in their ability to handle the two monarchs.

"Who are you?" the man asks as you enter. "Another one of Morgan's dogs?"

The woman looks up at you with fear, and lets out a gasp when she sees who you have on your shoulder.

"That hair..." she says. "Goku?"

>A. Ask if they're alright

>B. You're here to rescue them

>C. Tell them that this is Goku, and he'll be fine

>D. Something else

>A. Ask if they're alright

>D. Something else

So why'd you capture these two? You didn't demand any ransom, so what's your angle?

>B. You're here to rescue them

Why did they capture you? What do they want?

You don't know that there wasn't a ransom

Just got here after missing out on like 4 threads. What did I miss.

"Yes, it's Goku," you tell the woman. "He'll be fine. Are you two alright?"

"Hardly," the man says. "This isn't exactly a vacation. And who are you?"

"I'm Tofoo," you answer. "I'm here to rescue you."

"Yep, you two are rescued," Morgan declares happily, stepping into the room. "Isn't that wonderful?"

"Why did you capture these two, anyway?" you ask her as she approaches. "What's your angle?"

"Oh, I wanted their daughter to bring a ransom," Morgan answers as she pinches Goku's nose, making him open his mouth so she can feed him the antidote. "But, she probably thought it was a trap, so she sent two warriors instead. I didn't think she had anybody that strong."

Goku's eyes open, and you feel him shift around as he gets himself off your shoulder.

"What happened?" he asks you.

>A. Ask what happened to him

>B. Explain what you learned

>C. Tell Morgan to release the king and queen

>D. Something else

We don't know if there was one, and we weren't told about one, so it is safe to assume there wasn't one.

You asked Bulma out, RRA is back, and you're looking for Dragonballs to help you find Piccolo

I retract this statement.
>A, C with please, and mention that her skills with medicine could help people

"I was going to ask you that, what happened to you?" you ask Goku.

"Well, I ran into these two guys," he answers. "One was bald, and the other had this dark hair. They threw some round thing at me, and it blew up, and then I woke up here."

"Yep, they hit him with one of my grenades," Morgan giggles. "Told you those were strong."

"Let the king and queen go, please," you say to Morgan, who giggles again.

"Well, that was polite. Alright, let me just get the key to their cuffs," she says, leaving the room.

"You know, you're good with medicine and stuff," you call after her. "You could help a lot of people."

"I guess," she admits, coming back into the room with a key in her hand. "But being a doctor sounds boring."

She unlocks the cuffs on the king and queen, then takes a step back.

"Goodbye!"

You and Goku leave the room, and head down the corridor, coming to the spot where you left the two unconscious thugs. The entryway in the ceiling opens up above you, and you help the king and queen get out before hopping above ground.

"Thank you both so much," the queen says. "We won't forget this."

The four of you start back toward the village, Goku walking behind you as the king and queen walk in front of you.

"You know, Tofoo, I'm still pretty bummed that we didn't get to have our match," Goku comments. "I was looking forward to finding out who was stronger."

"We can fight again sometime," you promise.

He nods, smiling. "Right, but who do you think's stronger?"

>A. You are

>B. He is

>C. You don't know

>>C. You don't know

>Based on our matches while training I'm not that sure.

Remove "that".

>C. You don't know

>C.

"With all our training matches, I'm really not sure," you admit. "We were always evenly matched, so I don't know."

"Well, let's find out."

You can feel Goku moving behind you, and spin around to see what he's doing, but before you even have the chance to realize what's happening, Goku slams his fist into your face, throwing you to the ground.

Rubbing the spot where you were struck, you look up at Goku, who is smirking in a very un-Goku-like way.

He throws a kick at your face, but you lean back and catch his foot, pushing it up towards his body and throwing him to the ground.

Goku rolls back, and the two of you get back to your feet. He stares at you with an amused and anticipatory expression, while you look at him in surprise and confusion.

"Ready to find out once and for all who's stronger?" he asks, adopting his standard fighting stance.

>A. Tell Goku now is not the time

>B. Ask what's wrong with him

>C. Charge

>D. Defend

>E. Something else

>A. Tell Goku now is not the time
God damn monkeys

>B.
Goku we can fight when we get back to the village, we have to make sure the King and Queen make it back safetly.

This, and mention there will probably be a celebratory feast.

Should link to

I know Goku is all about this shit, but this is super off even for him. Something in that brew the chick gave him to wake him up?

>E. Something else

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

>D. Defend, wait for an opportunity to counter

God Damn It Goku Now Is Not The time.

"What's wrong with you?" you ask your friend. "Now is not the time, we can fight when we get back to the village. First, we have to make sure the king and queen make it back safely."

The monarchs in question watch the exchange with surprise and nervousness, neither one of them saying a word.

"There'll probably be a celebratory feast, too," you add, trying to encourage your friend to act normal.

Goku gives you that odd smirk again, moving so fast that he vanishes from sight. You feel him get behind you, and spin, catching a punch in your right hand before answering with a kick to the gut that sends him sliding back.

Your friend clutches his stomach, but he chuckles to himself.

"That's more like it, Tofoo," he encourages. "We'll fight here, and when I beat you, I'll go celebrate without you."

He rushes forward, attacking with a lightning-fast series of punches that quickly forces you into a hasty retreat. Your defensive capabilities are still solid, so while h's able to drive you back, he doesn't land any hits.

You throw up a knee to counter his attacks, but he blocks it with his own, chuckling before jumping back and getting into his fighting stance again.

"I've been waiting a long time for this, Tofoo," he tells you. "I'm really going to enjoy this."

>A. Ask why he's acting so strange

>B. Bear Shout (90)

>C. Charge and attack (70)

>D. Defend and counter (65)

>E. Lightning Punch (95)

>F. Bear Claw (80)

>G. Refuse to fight him

>H. Something else

testosterone

>H. Something else
Just defend. Forever.
Refuse to fight him.

>A.
>G.

Goku snap out of it!

>A. Ask why he's acting so strange
>G. Refuse to fight him

This is stupid, even for Goku. Totally something not right going on here.

>H. Fuck off Ginyu, we haven't even met Raditz yet

>A, G, but keep our defenses up

>SOM giving us a valid reason to destroy Goku the filthy ape-man
Mfw

>C. Charge and attack (70)
We'll just smack some sense into him

In answer to his aggression and fighting posture, you drop into your defensive stance, readying yourself for any further attacks.

"Why are you acting so strange?" you demand.

"Hey, you wanted proof I could fight seriously," he tells you, frowning. "You robbed me of my fight with Piccolo because you thought I wasn't taking it seriously, that I couldn't put the fight above having fun. Well, I'm going to take this fight very seriously!"

"I'm not going to fight you!" you tell him.

This just seems to further anger Goku.

"Fine, then it'll be that much easier to destroy you!" he declares before rushing forward.

His mouth opens, and he fires a Bear Shout. You thrust your hands toward it, quickly channeling energy and managing to deflect the blast into the air just in time.

Doing so leaves you vulnerable, and he capitalizes on that vulnerability by getting in close and giving you a strong punch to the gut with his left fist. He follows this by leaping up, slamming his knee into your jaw as he does, and throwing you off of your feet as a result.

From his position above you, he kicks downward, catching you in the chest and sending you crashing to the ground, causing you to bounce before sliding a few feet and coming to rest in front of the king and queen.

Goku looks over to the two monarchs. "You should go home to Misa. Me and Tofoo might be a while."

The king and queen turn and run, and Goku holds a hand down toward you.

His palm begins to glow.

>A. Tell him to stop

>B. Deflect it (40)

>C. Bear Shout (40)

>D. Dodge and attack (80)

>E. Something else

Why are they keeping Vegeta so prominent in Super? His character arc is over? They benched Piccolo at the right time in Z, are Vegeta fans angry manlets just like him?

Remove Monkey

>E. DC to break his filthy monkey spine?

In answer to your final question, yes.

As for why he's staying so prominent; he's popular, and he's a saiyan

>B. Deflect it (40)

and then...

>A. Tell him to stop

This is stupid. If he can't even wait until we get King and Queen back safe, then something isn't right. Tank/defend until he realises how stupid he's being, or whatever shit the would-be kidnapper gave him wears off.

Or we could kill him. Then his stupidity won't get in the way. We don't even need him to fight Piccolo. And with gravity chamber training, we can beat Raditz.

ROLL

Rolled 90 (1d101)

I got it

Rolled 25 (1d100)

Rolled 33 (1d100)

Can the attack kill him or at least cripple him?

Rolled 45 (1d100)

Way to douche it up.

Goddamn it every time.

No

Good work, user

I keep forgetting Goku is tall now.

>>A. Follow up and keep hitting him (60)

>1d101
>d101
>101
>1
>0
>1

Fuck

Disregard

>A. Follow up and keep hitting him (60)
Let's beat another zenkai into him

Knowing an energy attack is coming, you roll backward, getting into a crouch and leaping off the ground, narrowly avoiding the blast, which strikes the ground beneath you.

The shockwave affects your balance as you rush toward Goku, letting him easily avoid your attack and catch your right arm as you throw your first punch.

Laughing, he spins and throws you back to the ground, creating a small crater with the impact, and also causing you intense pain.

"Not as good a fight I was expecting," Goku tells you, sounding amused. "I guess we know which one of us is stronger, now."

>A. Bear Shout (80)

>B. Charge up at him (85)

>C. Guided Light Shot (50)

>D. Fire Kamehamehas from your feet and launch yourself up at him (40)

>E. Something else