Warcraft Lore and RPG Discussion

Tauren are Awesome Edition

Discuss the lore of the Warcraft universe and its potential uses in TTRPGs

Last thread:

Arakkoa Sunwalkers.

Illidan didn't deserve to come back. Garrosh does.

Makes more sense than tauren sunwalkers

Sunwalkers make plenty of sense. They're arguably some of the most justified race/class combination additions in Cataclysm.

sunwalkers being paladins are about as close as you can get to sun druids without adding another spec

they had to add another paladin race, and it doesnt make sencse for trolls, orcs, goblins, and i would say that undead / tauren are about as reasonable.

Racial Ability Ideas That Don't Suck, go.

I don't see why they didn't just make Paladin classes for anyone that had priests. Since Paladin orgins were just priests/clerics trained for war, or knights trained to use divine magic.

Any other race could do that.

Every Meme For Memeself
your gear scales to the max PvP item level no matter what level or equipment you have

Who Argent Dawn here?

>Undead, Orc, Worgen, Goblin, Night Elf and Pandaren Paladins

NOPE

cos gnome, troll, goblin, nightelf, and pandaren priests make no sense

I kind of wish they did Forsaken instead. I feel like it would've been easier to justify and feel incorporated within the world, having it be Forsaken who use a power that makes them feel uncomfortable while doing it for the greater good. Change Guard "Where's My Trainer" dialogue to reflect on the fact that the Forsaken as a whole don't -love- Paladins, and that'd pretty much be all you need.

Like how Spell Breakers in Silvermoon tell Hunters that their backwoods asshole trainers are in the Farstrider Lodge; and how you should join a proper profession.

Have a Forsaken Guard make the assumption that you're a fallen Scarlet Crusader or Knight of the Silver Hand, make a mockery of you "Light certainly saved you didn't it? Pathetic how you cling to it even now" type of remark, and then point you towards your class trainer. Give a Sir Zelik type order character for Forsaken alongside Leonid for the Argents, and you'd have a decent addition that doesn't look out of place in every single paladin outfit.

There's a few Forsaken Paladins.

Pandaren Shadow Priests probably do.

gas the forsaken race war now

Gas the Horde.

sup Mal'ganis

>troll
Same deal as with tauren sunwalkers, no race-specific thematics

>nightelf
They have priestesses out the ass, technically they should be channeling Elune

Knights of Elune would be kinda cool.

I can only think of one in the Argent Crusade, and he's not actually a Paladin.

Who are the others?

Troll priests who channel the Loa train to wreck face. Fluff 'em differently and they're mechanically paladins.

Night Elves worship Elune, and Tyrande was already a priestess that was in battle. Call 'em sentinels and you have NE Paladins.

Not much different from Blood Knights and Vindicators.

There's Sir Zeliek (who had no control over his own body and was barely more than Kel'Thuzad's puppet, spent every single second in horrible agony, and actually thanks the players when he is killed in Naxx), and that's it. The Argent Crusade has a few undead in its rank (like Leonid Barthalomew), but they're warriors, not paladins.

>Knights of Elune

There's one in Legion, she's a Holy Paladin. One of the Pallies' Champions.

Yeah, but she's probably overshadowed by the fact that pallies also get a holy dreadlord.

tauren druids, who wear plate armour and channel the power of the sun to fuck shit up

tauren druids. realise just doing stuff with the moon is exactly balance, wear plate armour, channel the power of the sun to fuck shit up

This is why I take a 'you can play any race/class combination, but you better have a damn good reason for being an ogre paladin' stance for campaigns.

But the advantage of tabletop games is that I can tailor NPC interaction to the party in ways a videogame never could. So being a statistically improbable combination won't go without comment.

>What's the issue?

The issue is that they look nothing like a goblin on steroid.

>Tauren Paladin discussion
Last time I thought about them was this comic.

I think "alchemically mutated" is several steps above "on steroids"

There's a night elf pally in legion if I'm not mistaken.

I think being a fat ogre copycat with a uglier aesthetic to fit the goblin's starting zone theme is not what the goblin alchemists wanted

Importing workers is expensive and they can't rely on trolls for all their muscle.

Hobgoblins are not workers, their only use is being bodyguards or your personal bank bitch.

They could've used ogres for that, like, you know, they used to fucking do.

Instead the art department of blizzard had a shitfit and wanted some snowflake ogre variant.

You think ogres are cheaper to import to an far away island?

Think like a goblin, not a player.

>industrial pizza cutter

Ogrimmar Style is objectively the best pizza

Eh, I'd hardly call the giant, fat Jew look "snowflake ogre"

>Orgrimmar style
>not Silvermoon style

When you've had pizza come straight out of an Arcane-burning oven... mm. There's just nothing like it. Thin crust, olive oil, fresh ingredients, and magic.

Can't be worse than Zul'Aman style. The cheese is great but elf-fingers? C'mon, those don't go on a pizza and you know it.

>not based 'ge 'za

And don't even get me started on Ironforge Deep Dish. Don't get me wrong - hearty, thick sauce, great cheese, but you can never finish one in the right amount of time and either it gets cold or you get full.

>Crossboard shitposting

Go home Veeky Forums, you're drunk.

But I don't want to go

Plus the guys cooking it never wear beard nets.

I dunno, Tinkertown Experimental can get weird sometimes.

One time I found one rigged with a mind control device. To this day, I still sing that dumb song whenever I encounter a Naga.

I don't go there for the pizza. I go there for the gnome serving girls.

I'm okay with peanut butter and banana. I'm okay with deep fried peanut butter and banana.
But just the thought of mayonnaise and banana makes my stomach churn.

Just for you two.

Anyway, on the actual topic of WoW lore, some of the lore that legion is bringing seems fun. Aldrachi seemed pretty cool, shame they're all extinct.

Aldrachi? Was there a realm where they could only be truly killed, too?

No, they were just that badass.

No, but it took Sargeras to actually kill their king so that's pretty fucking rad.

This is why you don't eat goblin cooking!

>Goblin cooking
>No explosives

This is more like murloc cooking

I've seen Jack's cooking get posted a lot. Is he genuinely autistic or something? It's hard to imagine someone who does as much cooking shit as he does STAYING that utterly horrible at it.

Don't know, but I consider myself an amateur chef and watching him is inspiration. To never cook like that.

So since we're on a Veeky Forums tangent, who's the best at each kind of dish in Azeroth?

I imagine Trolls are great at seafood, but Orcs are better with red meat.

Perhaps it's due to them looking like goats and whatnot but I always imagined Draenei make some amazing bread.

Trolls do red meat better, being cannibals, Orcs do pork the best.

pandaren have spent 10000 years perfecting their cooking. They're probably best at most things

>goats
>being good at making bread
[desire to know more intensifies]

Take a movie scene and substitute in appropriate Warcraft characters.

>>Jaina: You know how I feel about this. They're animals.
>>Khadgar: There is an historic opportunity here.
>>Jaina: Don't believe them! Don't trust them!
>>Khadgar: They are dying.
>>Jaina: Let them die!

It just gets more and more horrifying the longer it goes on. I couldn't finish watching it.

PLEASE tell me no one actually eats that!

>Orc
Roasts and barbecue
>Tauren
Game in general, pine and cornbread
>Troll (Darkspear)
Seafood
>Undead
N/A
>Blood Elf
Hipster/gimmicky food
>Goblin
Fast food bursting with calories
>Pandaren
Noodles
>Human
Lamb dishes, salads, cheese
>Dwarf
Hearty stews and soups, brewing
>Gnome
Molecular cuisine
>Night Elf
All natural non-GMO organic superfoods
>Draenei
Dumplings and hard candy
>Worgen
Yorkshire pudding, crown roast

Someone made it for someone to eat. Someone paid to eat this.

People like this are the reason everyone thinks all of us in Burgerland are insane.

We are, but it's the wrong reason to think that.

50 countries can only pretend to be one country for so long.

I have a friend who raises goats and apparently they eat a shit ton of grain since I help him haul the stuff around at times.

>>Undead
>N/A
More like Fear Factor. Do the cooking dailies in Undercity.

>Pandaren
Pandaren love food so much that there are entire sub-skills to represent them.

goats have a reputation to be biological lawnmovers.

>Old Gods and/or their servants
>the less said about what condiments they prefer to put on souls, the better

I know they eat everything, but I just connotate grains and goats after hauling heavy ass bags around for those cunts.

We use them to get rid of Kudzu as well.

>get rid of
>implying the Evergrowing Blight can be destroyed or even contained

Submit to your new lords. It will hurt less, in the end.

>Undead

>Some chefs complain that our beloved Undercity doesn't boast the ingredients to create truly fine fare.
>Such mewling little cretins. Delicious delights abound!
>Gather some of the rank, slimy Sewer Caps growing in Undercity's northwest sewer line and return them to me.

>These smell absolutely wretched. Perfect!

What in the nigger fuck christ was that black thing?

A fly, most likely.

you don't want to know.

>a real human bean, and a real hero
-Warden Stillwater

Strike me down with all of your hatred and your journey to the Dark Side of the Force shall be complete!

It's got electrolytes!

It's what Botani crave.

If you where to make WoW 2 with only AU Draenor factions, what would they be and what are the divides?

Like the people on AU Dreanor itself? Easily the Horde vs Draenei all over again. Make the Arakkoa a neutral race with the ability to either befriend the shadow or the sun ones.
Everything else is just kill trash that do dick things like Saberon and Gronns. Have rising Ogre Kingdom be the big bads.

It started bad and then it just got worse and worse...

I'd suggest botani somewhere in there, but I must face the fact that they're all pretty mindless.

Breakers vs Primals

Which Warcraft race would be the most open to racemixing?

Elves. They're near humans and all the Windrunner sisters have been HUMANED at some point or another.

Don't Orcs have the highest number of named half-breeds, though?

orcs

Orcs so far. Half Dranei and Half ogres are already running around.

I think the question was 'open to', not necessarily how often it happens, meaning how accepted the offspring are. I'm pretty sure mok'nathal are outcasts when it comes to orcs and ogres like real life halfbreeds are.

>outcasts when it comes to orcs and ogres like real life halfbreeds are.
When the fuck did real life half breeds become outcasts? We elected one president.

Politics is a different game. I'm mixed and both sides of your family treat you very differently, even contradictory at times.

And his hair's grey twenty years early.

Being Obama is suffering.

>Leoroxx, Rexxar's father, states that "being born a half-breed does not make you Mok'Nathal"

>Devote your life to TEH LIGHT

>Defeat Arthas the Lich King

>Die after BBQed by Gul'dan despite begging The Light to save you

>Get turned into a DK, the very thing you spent your life fighting

Why is The Light such an asshole Veeky Forums?

It's a stressful job no matter who you are.
And you can't say or do anything without some pundits intentionally misrepresenting it and saying you're a disgrace to America.

Didn't the DKs fail to resurrect him?

Dat holy ground.