Horus Heresy General /hhg/

The Fist That Choked The Hydra Edition
Holy trinity Sub-Edition
Alpharius is dead. That's all folks.
Red Books Links:
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww2.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fs15Jqk1t%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23!Jx1UGCTI!vMJN89z7p8tiEC7YOAj477g6RxDtJ7culVLF3q3godg
HH Book 6 - Retribution PDF:
mediafire.com/download/8aqx9j3a8erqv8d/The_Horus_Heresy_Book_6_-_Retribution.pdf or
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fkat.cr%2Fthe-horus-heresy-book-6-retribution-pdf-t12199249.html
HHG FAQ - pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016) - forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
Other official downloads: forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads#horusheresy
HH Rules:
Age of Darkness Army List: mediafire.com/download/f0c2pnieoijyrqk/Legiones Astartes Age of Darkness Army List.pdf
Mechanicum Taghmata Army List: mega.nz/#!LFwTjQ7B!mF0eVOY8P1MPT0a-QSXypXo_ZfskhYynD41PrkaTbD8
30k/40k Rules: mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!EVh0GZZS
30k/40k Rules and more (torrents): kat.cr/usearch/"Forge World" heresy user:epistolary/
30k Black Library: mega.nz/#F!0RlxDZQC!qAu9BaubWa3KeihJRmOcsg
Strawpoll links: strawpoll.me/10558764
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/download/waavg7n83sjedn7/praetorian_of_dorn_john_french.epub
mediafire.com/download/dug3tei16g1scd3/Conquest01.zip
mediafire.com/download/35xdzy6yqqdftq1/Conquest02.zip
mediafire.com/download/31g2a1k661gz345/Conquest03.zip
mega.nz/#F!k18hBIYI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First from last thread

ya, Scars and Thousand Sons atm are the most borderline

Would like to see some Traitor Ultramarines doing close formation squad stuff. Also possibly working with WB then murdering them in the back because of what they did to Ultramar and blaming the loyalists they were both hunting.

Traitor Salamaders I imagine as WB with daemonfire flamers and shit.

I have no idea what Traitor fists would be like.

Loyalist NL would probably just hitchhike and murder traitor planets then get a ride when a ship showed up.

Istvaan III. Also a short story w/ Angron killing them then talking to a loyalist praetor

Is there something like the helmet designations for IW?

Gotcha
I liked that reversed-alliances legionaries we had a long way ago.
I think not.

I like to share stuff. And Inferno is a long way away. So hopefully this will carry everyone through until then.

mediafire.com/download/waavg7n83sjedn7/praetorian_of_dorn_john_french.epub

Your pic-related is beautiful.

>I think not.
Dang it.

You're a good user.

So, carrying on from the book, what would the psychological patterns for the rest of the legions be, now that we know the Fists' to be "If in doubt, camp."?

>I have no idea what Traitor fists would be like.

>Everything our father built is crumbling all around us
>All kind of traitors, xenos and abominations plunder the unbarred fortresses, their defenders long dead. Did we really hold on for nothing?
>The Politik one tries to neuter the legions, claiming it's for the sake of safety.
>WHERE WERE HE AND HIS SONS WHEN THE EMPEROR NEEDED HIM THE MOST?!
>Our crusading brothers sail forth to reclaim what is the Emperor's. They have the right idea, but their methods are too lenient.
>IN BLOOD OF TRAITORS OUT BLADES BE SOAKED!
>Walls failed us, by our true blades will the Imperium endure -- sitting idle was a fool's errand.
>Heresy grows from idleness, and those who do not fight are traitors as well. Men, women and children, only when their hands are painted crimson with the traitors' blood can they earn a place in our father's Imperium.
>By the blood of the Traitors! Over the skulls of the witches! Blood and Skulls shall free us from this bastion of lies!
What would you like to call them? Crimson Gauntlets?

We had a glimpse of traitor Ultramarines... somewhere, or maybe that was a peak at mortarion slipping down the slope. Empirical and a scientific approach to using the warp is how'd they go about it, so combined warfare with a fourth dimension

>Crimson Gauntlets?
Where have I seen something similar before...

question: building a FW flyer for the first time (a Caestus, specifically) and the flyer base hole feels too shallow to hold up the model on the flyer base...is this intentional? does FW mean for it to be glued on? or should I magnetize it with something else

Been playing some 1500pts matches for some time, going to place a order to Forgeworld next paycheck to expand the army and finally make it 2500pts.
I have 2 lists, but nearly the same, but wondering which is better, as the primary difference is the choice of my Flyer.
Wondering if a Thunderbolt or Lightning is better. Leaning to the 2 Lightnings.

30k Solar Auxilla 2500pts

LIST 1
HQ - 275
275 Auxilla Tactical Command Section, x2 Grenade Launcher, Dracosan Armoured Transport, Demolisher Cannon, Flare Shield

Troops - 560
230 Veletaris Storm Section x2
330 Dracosan Armoured Transport x2, Demolisher Cannon x2

Fast Attack - 420
210 Thunderbolt Fighter, Ground-tracking auguries
210 Thunderbolt Fighter, Ground-tracking auguries

Heavy Support - 860
310 Infernus, Chem-Inferno, Armoured Ceramite
275 Malcador, Demolisher Cannon, Siege Armour
275 Malcador, Demolisher Cannon, Siege Armour

Lord of War - 385
385-Knight Paladin with Rapid-fire Battlecannon and Ocular Augmetics

LIST 2
HQ - 245
245 Auxilla Tactical Command Section, Grenade Launcher x1, Dracosan Armoured Transport, Demolisher Cannon

Troops - 560
230 Veletaris Storm Section x2
330 Dracosan Armoured Transport x2, Demolisher Cannon x2

Fast Attack - 400
200 Auxilla Primaris Ligntning, 2x 2 Kraken Penetrator Heavy Missiles, Battle Servitor Control
200 Auxilla Primaris Ligntning, 2x 2 Kraken Penetrator Heavy Missiles, Battle Servitor Control

Heavy Support - 910
310 Infernus, Chem-Inferno, Armoured Ceramite
300 Malcador, Demolisher Cannon, Siege Armour, Flare Shield
300 Malcador, Demolisher Cannon, Siege Armour, Flare Shield

Lord of War - 385
385-Knight Paladin with Rapid-fire Battlecannon and Ocular Augmetics

>Dark Angels
Terran: When and doubt, archeotech.
Caliban: When in doubt, burn down the forest

>Emperor's Children
Bitch I'm too fabulous for doubt

>Iron Warriors
When in doubt, take stock of who is expendable and clarify the doubt using said stock

>White Scars
When in doubt, go fast.

>Space Wolfs
When in doubt, get with the pack

>Imperial Fists
When in doubt, camp

>I have no idea what Traitor fists would be like.

Like Black Templars but for chaos, everything has to be done to a certain impossible standard that only them can achieve and everyone else is an absolute failure deserving of death and they are constantly punishing themselves to cleanse even the slightest mistake.

A good portion of the 30,000 years making this was spent procrastinating through playing Bloodborne and it shows. Rate, hate, offer advice on improving it, ect.

Sure he was emperor, because he was adopted by the previous emperor. Basically the same with girlyman. If they count for being leaders of their systems when big E found them, so does the edgelord

When in doubt, go forward.

So, after the next BaC box makes everyone and their dog stock up on MkIIIs, what's going to be the new Best Power Armour? MkII? V?

I wish we had confirmation that the new BaC box will be MKIII, because I would have an erection lasting 2-3 months until release.

mk7

mk8 isnt cool anymore since deathwatch have it

I already converted most of my last BaC to mk5-alikes with a big mix of pauldron marks, bonding studs and helmets, still deciding on NL or WS

Bear with me while I double tap the horse on the ground, but does anyone have the description of Janus on hand? Because we have the statue of Alpharius wearing a crested helm and leaning on a spear...

join the club
Will end up seeing if i can find some other people getting it so i can trade breachers for assaults for more destroyer conversion fodder

Do we have Book IV: Conquest done by Scanon, or is the photographed one the only available?

>what's going to be the new Best Power Armour?

Mixed armour.

But its going to be whatever the crap you like, personally Im making my IF seekers with the GW tactical squad kit plus Mk IV chests I had lying around and the Mk VI chests that come with the kit itself. Mixed armour is the best armour.

photo one is the only thing in Rules data base from 40k General, so I think that is your best bet

My gods, they've made Angron understandable!

That's what I was afraid of, I've searched everywhere but only found that one. Thanks.

Fuck that shitty photo one. A lot of effort went into replacing it, and I'd rather the crappy version disappear into the wastes of the internet. Have these.

mediafire.com/download/dug3tei16g1scd3/Conquest01.zip

mediafire.com/download/35xdzy6yqqdftq1/Conquest02.zip

mediafire.com/download/31g2a1k661gz345/Conquest03.zip

Blessings upon ye!

Doing the Emperor's work, user

Have never used or faced either flyer, but List 2 I like more.
The Dracosans don't need the Flare Shields, the Malcadors do. Lets face it, they are going to be bigger targets, and they do more work for the army.

Just for clarification.

Is Omegon the more loyalist acting one or Alpharius. In terms of the horus heresy series current track record and not supremely unknowable and unrevealed schemes.

Wouldnt that be a twist. One is a loyalist the other traitor

Yes.

And now either the Loyalist has to pretend to be a Traitor, or the Traitor has to pretend to be a Loyalist.

Omegon is the loyal one.

To be honest, I always thought it would be cool if the AL were split in two, one loyal and one traitor. Both sides would be wary around them due to infiltration on both sides, sowing the seeds of distrust and furthering their plans. Maybe even having Omegon reveal himself to the others, or perhaps have himself be known as Alpharius and say that the Alpharius leading the traitors is a fake. Or even revealing himself by saying he's Alpharius, but to distinguish him and his loyalist half of the XX Legion, to be called Omegon and the Omega Legion.

Sorry, I'm tired right now, apologies if this is illegible.

>Mars was a cauldron of war. Fire wreathed its orbits as the Imperial Fists tried to keep their fingers clamped over the wound next to their heart. The rebel forges hurled rockets and mountain-sized shells at Terra. Ships tried to break orbit, sometimes alone, sometimes in swarms that rose from the polluted skies like iron locusts. Only the efforts of Camba Diaz and his blockade fleet had kept the anger of the Red Planet’s spite at bay.

Mountain sized shells? That is just silly.

>not using relativistic weapons the size of a mountain

I'm so tired that I'm imagining myself as a XX legionnaire having no idea whose side I'm actually on.

Only the best from the best planet

During the Age of Strife we had to make some rather "questionable" things to teach alien raiders to stay away from Mars, and well, we never got rid of them.

This is your commander.

I'd trust him. He looks like a capable fighter and leader. Lead me to potential glory to earn for Humanity and the Emperor.

Not only is he not bald, he has facial hair!

That's a beard? I thought it was granite glued to his face.

I have to wonder if that pattern was planned in advance, or just a happy accident.

Where can I get a copy of Watchers in Death? My googlefu hasn't turned up anything since KAT.cr went down.

Alright I bought it because i am impatient and you guys were unhelpful.
mega.nz/#F!k18hBIYI
if someone could add it to the mega in the OP link that would be helpful.

key?

>She thought she saw a glimmer of what might have been admiration in the crystal edges of his thoughts. She bowed her head. What moved within the mind of such a being? Rogal Dorn was not human. He was not even transhuman, as his gene-sons were. He was a different order of being, a being who moved and spoke like a man, but only shared those qualities with humans in the same way that fish and men both had blood and bones. He did think and feel, and those thoughts and feelings shared something of the shape of the human equivalent. They flowed and crackled and burned over the surface of his mind, their depth fathomless, and their subtlety impossible for her to grasp. But they were there: anger, sorrow, pain and hope, each of them a thunderbolt to the spark of a human’s emotion.

>In many ways he was closer to a human than he was to the warriors of his Legion. They shared his blood, but their minds had been cut to their purpose, instincts sliced away, emotions selected, discarded and the remainder reshaped. They were limited creatures. Dorn was not; he was humanity expressed in grand and terrifying transcendence.

>She had reflected that perhaps she alone of all mortals was in a position to understand that. She saw not with her eyes, but with her mind, and no others of her kind had stood so close, through so much, as she had to Dorn in the last years of darkness. Sometimes she wondered if it was the same for his brothers. If she looked at them, would she see the same power circling their souls like a crown?

If the Primarchs are utterly inhuman, then what are they?

The Emperor's warp-crafted children. Beings made to help guide humanity and to defeat the enemies of Man.

Fusion of nature and warp

geno five two podcast predicted another primarch death! they got it wrong though, they said it was Corax

‘It was not only the Priests of Mars that the Emperor made bargains with to build His empire. In the early days of His rise there were others. Many others. My kind were one of those who He brought to heel and used. The Luna gene-cults had something that He needed, just as the Saturnine Ordo did, and the Jovian Void Clans, and the Mechanicum. The others made weapons and armour and ships, and supplied armies. We, though, helped Him create the means to conquer not just the Solar System but the galaxy. He created the warriors of the Legions, but the means to increase their numbers were limited. In time He would have built gene-forges with greater capacity, but He did not have the patience. So He looked for those to help Him. He looked to us.’

>‘And you refused,’ said Kestros.

>‘Refused and paid the price for our defiance. Your kind came and taught us the Emperor’s capacity for mercy. Once that was done, we took the only choice that remained to us. We helped Him build His dream of war. We took His mysteries and all of the hardy half-feral stock He could drag from the hell-holes of Terra and the ruins of His wars, and made warriors to conquer more worlds in turn. We bought survival by making the weapons by which He would kill others. We turned your kind from armies into Legions.’

>Archamus heard the words and thought of the banners honouring the Luna pacification that still hung in the halls of the Phalanx.

>‘The Seventh were amongst the first to grow strong from that bargain we made.’ Another cold smile. ‘To the conquerors go the spoils, as they say. The Seventh, the Thirteenth and the Seventeenth, all the high and great Legions of later years– the most favoured, the largest and the most honoured... If other Legions had come to conquer us then perhaps they would have been the ones who others envied.’

>Kestros’ eyes glittered.

>‘That is–’

>‘Irrelevant,’ said Archamus. They both looked at him. ‘Tell him the rest, mistress.’

>She shot Kestros a sour look, but carried on.

>‘We had a hand in all of the Legions. Not their creation, you understand, but their growth. We are not their father, but we raised them up, created and refined the means of their multiplication. We were allowed to divine the effects of the twenty strains of gene-seed, and helped match it to stock that would allow it to bear greatest fruit. We helped to speed the processes that took you from human to legionary. And we brought millions of you into being. We know you all, because we were there when you were all infants still searching for identity. In a sense we are your surrogate mother.’

>‘But the Twentieth Legion was not expanded in the early years of the Crusade. Their full foundation was decades later,’ said Kestros. ‘You cannot know their nature, because you did not help in their growth.’

>Andromeda’s smile did not shift.

>‘If you say so,’ she said.

>‘Thank you, mistress,’ said Archamus softly, and both of them looked at him. ‘You are correct. We are hunting the Alpha Legion, here in the Solar System. We do not know what they intend, how many of them there are, or how to find them. That is why you are both here, for insight and for strength.’

>Andromeda smiled.

>‘Tell me everything.’

The Emperor is a DIIIIIIIIIICK!

The Praetorian of Dorn audio book hasn't been shared has it?

Just checking before I might consider buying it.

literally who

Nah. Hasn't been shared.

He is the Praetorian of Dorn

Oh, cheers.

If this one's real, it's a little lame because we haven't seen much of Alpharius at all. Alpha Legion fans and players still don't know what his goals are, how much he believes what the Cabal told him, etc.

>geno five two podcast
Horus heresy podcast? I haven't heard of them, gotta check em out.

Would you scavenge with this guy?

No that tech looks like shit

Dorn is scary.

Where is the pic from? The new Dorn book?

Yep.

I just picked up their first episode last night for a long drive.
lots of hobby related chatter.

My headcannon has always be crystal clear to me, and basically like yours.

Alpharius is the traitor, and Omegon the loyalist and he tries to play doible agent in the traitor AL until he becomes Janus.

We have several stories in the AL book, with one saying Alpharius (in this case Omegon) had been found by Empy after being abducted by aliens yadda yadda, hence why he is the loyalist one, whereas Alpharius was found by Horus, the old story about the small flotilla fishing Horus' flagship, and that's why he became traitor.

Basically they were not found at the same time, nor by the same people, and that means a lot.

Beings that Humans can't imagine or understand. And so they call them gods.
They're the product of a combinationof thr best science there was and the best psyker magic there'll ever be, of course they're inhuman.

Read ADB, he always does a good job at making SM and Primarchs feel more than human.
Hell, in The First Heretic, a blind girl can "see" Lorgar, as a being of golden light, because she feels his aura.

He looks Berserk! and ugly

That's actually a pretty cool text.

It can also be interepreted as a justification for why the Primarchs would sometimes be so goddamn autistic.

Has anyone played the campaings in the HH books?

Particularly the 3rd books skirmishy survival seems tempting, and it is sufficiently low-mini count to be good starting point for collection as well.

Dorn vs Alpharius. (In a war of Words).

Who do you think won?

So I was looking at the Characters progression stuff and I was wondering:

How do you guys manage to actually make long term stuff with that? I mean, the chances of a Character surviving several battles in a row are slim, and if he dies, well no progression anymore.

Maybe I've missed something? Do you guys roll a die to decide if he actually died in the campaign, or if he's just incapacitated?

This is an Alpha Legionaries. There are many like him but he is an Alpha Legionaries and also he is Alpharius.

The ultramarines would never stoop to gangbanger thoughts
Ayyo HOL' up lemme a traitor shoot you traitor ass cuz what you did to ma loyalists

Alpharius was kinda right i feel, though he gives in to the determinstic fate of his genes too easily.

Why is the axe on the skull upside down
Is it so you'll be in combat and you'll be facing emperors children
And they're all like, why is upside down why don't you perfect things like we do, you're a fucking artificer

Dorn vs Alpharius. An actual fight.

RIP in Pizza Alpha-dawg

If it's a campaign I'm probably playing with friends so we can home rule extra saves and stuff, or if his corpse is recaptured and then pay points for bionics and fell no pain, and if he fails that you get a dreadnought of your choosing for the same price as he was
Siphoned parts of a millennia old being given life
Why are the huscarls not a special unit
Archaeotech can be black hole cannons that time travel ships so they don't have to fire again, logic is never an issue
Peace be upon you
Mk I obviously
Just order 'armour through the era's 50 times and run them with pariah armour
Like brassy user is
Unless this is a RPG in epic scale I really don't see the point in a generator, people will pick
>the one they got off eBay
>the cheapest one
>the best one ((atrapos))
Magnetise, because if you glue it on it'll be hella to transport
Why is there only one ork in that photo and dust craters appearing, dos the orks get double 6 for scatter or something
Blessed be his name, for he wrongs the father to please his sons
Thank you brother for that scan
Unfortunately not brother
You should have read betrayer

considerijg how we talked of 40k dreams in the last one, I had one this morning
>Walk into main hall of ship (never found out what legion I was)
>white scars commander talking with someone
>he brought along a new recruit
>spend 10 minutes talking to him about the battle plan
>then spend an hour trying to figure out how to pronounce his native name
Bloody mundus planaenens why can't they learn high gothic
And then I woke up

Well when everyone is preaching that theirs is the empire to join when you're the only one that will bring humanity upon its chosen path of webway psykers then you've got to crack a few eggs and legs

>Alpharius ded

Wew

Pretty ballsy move by BL to kill off a primarch like that, it's a good thing that the AL got two.

So this means that it has to be Omegon who died at Eskrador.

Love this short.

As I said in the last thread, Omegon will pull a Magnus and go look how loyal I am, I'm letting you kill me, (but then in praying to the emperor for resilience he'll get some Nurgle power accidentalty)

>Magnus and go look how loyal I am, I'm letting you kill me,

Magnus did not let Russ kill him. He fought to the end for his life.

Emperor bless you, user.

He wore MkIII
See you space Primarch...
People forget that the Selenite fleshwrights were a horrible cult that turned the peace delegation into screaming flesh soup inside their ship.
They were lucky the Emperor was impatient and needed their help, lest He had increased His own manufacturing capacity and wiped those degenerates from the galaxy.

there will be a new BaC box?

Post your painted legionaries.

He blocked the diviners vision, shut off the defence grid, and all the other stuff that meant prospero could just be attacked and then let countless sons die along with the spire guard
That's what I meant
But then when everyone including Ahriman is about to be spent he intervenes, fights Russ for abit and then teleports away
That's what I meant, he wanted to prove his loyalty and let tzeentch's plan be undone but eventually gave in

And just to check the flesh change was just them becoming spawn right

Rumours say they'll be one
Either
Mk 3
All iron armour
Breachers and assault marines
Breachers will be white dwarfed into 40k as its supposed to be monthly and a return to the glory days of codex approved ( can't remember the exact name ATM)

The alternative is
Still mk 3
But one unit of custodes
One unit of sisters of silence
And just tactical marines

Although the second is unlikely as it sells to one army in one time frame, whereas calth sold to 17 legions

Magnus fucked up trying to warn the Emperor, and then fucked up trying to meet his demise. And then fucked up by becoming a willing pawn.

You're forgetting the More Credible rumour that it's going to be repackaged Calth MKIV, MKIV Assault Marines, and possibly MKIV Breachers because fuck you and your hopes fr a brighter tomorrow.

This could be justified simply by how wonky MKIII is and how hard it would be to produce a decent plastic version.

Who hasn't Lorgar bantsed?

That's from betrayer isn't it?
But still while the emperor not telling everyone about the webway project would make sense as the navigator houses would kill him, it makes sense to at least tell Magnus to make no psychic intrusions, and Magnus would have had some books on the webway to help surely

Sanguinius
Mortarion
KHANNNN!!!
Pertuabo
Alpharius
Omegon
Big Emps (starting a heresy is not funny)

>But...victory...

That's what you get for being a filthy traitor, traitor.