Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Friendly reminder to tell us what 3pp your game allows if you need character building help.

Favorite monster edition! Tell us all about your favorite monsters. Any fun encounters you've experienced with them? Maybe it's just their culture you enjoy?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/iYhDNSTq (embed)

Please search for the unerrata'd content here:
web.archive.org/web/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Horror Adventures: imgur.com/a/r2TOH
imgur.com/a/odYOE

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

theworldissquare.com/feat-taxes-in-pathfinder/
youtube.com/watch?v=DokzmBQO5PM
youtube.com/watch?v=26xxQcGDjxY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'm making a dumb orc Elemental Flux-based Mystic and there's no way you can stop me, /pfg/!!

How are you weekend campaigns going? Excited for tomorrow?

Dark Folk/Caligni
I love Dark Folk to death and I've no idea why. I haven't used them in anything yet, but I currently have several opportunities to do so now and I plan on abusing them to the fullest of their smelly-sneakstabby ways.

Remorhaz
I always thought they were pretty cool.

Leshy are the best!

>Your basic cultural unit is a thieves guild
>Your ancestors used to fly before they pissed off a demon by being lazy fuckers
>Shiny stuff rocks
>You and your worst rival can and will go from a duel to the death to a seamless teamwork machine at the slightest outside threat
>You are your own sound effects machine, and Kenku pidgin involves sounds-as-concepts
>Disregard the constabulary, acquire dosh, stab schmucks

We are starting at level 7, so it only a few level away before Arcane Trickster get ahead in spell casting progression.

Well, considering we ended on a literal cliffhanger, I'm a bit concerned as to whether or not the vigilante and I are going to die in the first couple of minutes. Which would be a pity, since I kind of like how the two play off of each other, and it would make my guy look pretty stupid.

> Polymorph Familiar
> Your familiar retains all of its special abilities--

Does this mean my Faerie Dragon turn into Dire Tiger can still use breathe weapon and cast spell..?

Is that Tengu or another bird race?

I really like their aesthetic. Underground bandage people.

Found this in a drawthread.

Almost got my shit kicked in a 1-on-1 game that I just started. That would have been awfully embarrassing, but the GM knows the dice absolutely hate my guts.

Tomorrow I get to enjoy the aftermath of the fight we ended the last session on. I should really go watch some Chaika so I can brush up on my broken english and prep.

>Be me avg pathfinder player
>Play Small characters. A LOT
>Literally every single new game with this group I've rolled a very short or small character like a Kobold, Halfling or Gnome
>I think my group believes I have a smol person fetish
>I really just play them because the bonuses are very nice/I want to

What do?

>mfw the last 1v1 solo session I had with the DM ended in what might have been some kinky ERP

Tell them every time your size is mentioned that it has absolutely NOTHING to do with fetishes. And just to prove it, assert that you could totally have cute moments with other party members, and it wouldn't affect you at all.

Story time?
STORY TIME!?

Medusae, Basilisks, and Cockatrices.

I may have a problem.

The only problem you have is having such a hard life.

Just had mine a while ago.
Dealt over 40 damage to a dragon in one roll, with a hand-crossbow even.
I eventually shot it enough times it ran away
It was a good day.

why would you do that

Kenku came out in MMIII, and stayed with the rest of the Wizards IP stuff into 4E and 5E. Tengu were paizo's attempt to make totally not the same thing birbmen. Kenku have the better in-universe lore, tengu out-universe lore.

>Long ago, there were giant ass crows to go with the giant ass eagles and giant ass owls
>Rather than being friends to elves and shit like that, they were assholes
>The eagles and owls came to wreck their shit, but then had to rush back home as most of their eggs got mysteriously smashed
>A pure white crow showed up at the emergency convocation of "Not Getting Our Shit Fucked By Eagles And Owls", claimed credit, and said the price was just spreading the word of pazuzu
>Which the crows did
>For about twenty minutes before going back to being assholes, stealing shiny things, and shitting on people for fun
>Pazuzu finds out and is pissed
>Every giant crow born after that has arms instead of wings because demon lords get to make sweeping curses like that
>Fucking pazuzu
>Continue stealing things, being assholes, and birbing around

The Vilderavn is my favorite monster. Never encountered one because I don't GM and we aren't high enough level to fight one yet.

STORYTIME US YOU RAPSCALLION.

That's a pretty good backstory, not gonna lie.

Probably the Amarok. Giantass wolf that can literally drag your soul screaming into the night.

Go on...?

>said Pazuzu three times in your post

YOU

FOOL

It's gotta be three times in a row, user, there's no wa

Vicious stomp, improved trip and greater trip on an unchained monk, yes or no?

I have heard your call, young one.
And I have returned...

...TO FUCKING WRECK YOUR SHIT!!!

Yeah, that should work alright. Against the things that can be tripped, anyway, which, depending on your campaign, may be most of them.

Oh shit!!!

>mfw crossing my fingers that I can actually avoid that this time
>mfw it's probably going to happen sooner or later

There's not much to tell on my end for the first part, just typical level 1 bullshit rolls. I don't know how I manage to roll a 1 four times, but I did.

Second one I already mentioned in the thread a couple times. It ended with my homunculus shit-talking a young black dragon, then stabbing it in the eye.

>Favorite monster
ALHOON
L
H
O
O
N

But seriously. It's an Illithid, it's a Lich. It's an Ithillich. There's no better way to make your players go 'aw fuck'. And Illithid culture is wonderfully bugfuck crazy at the best of times.

Aside from one of our poor players being sick and having to leave the session early to lay down, it went really well! It was pretty much pure RP and exposition, but it set up a lot of the big twists, and we're starting the investigation in earnest next session, so the action should be ramping up.

Plus, the two nerds of the party made friends with some Cannith artificers, which I'm sure will end up being significant soon.

You might want to throw ki throw in there too

There's only one solution gentlemen.

>might have

How do you not know?

What do you guys think of feats?

You will not be prepared.

Yeah buddy, you think your hot shit?
Well I got 7 words for ye.
Beetlejuice
Beetlejuice
Beetlejuice
Hastur
Hastur
Hastur
Candlejack!

Do what you must birdbrain, I have already w

>what do you guys think of this broad and essential part of the game.

Please try again.

please story-time user?

I need a good story before I go to bed tonight.

Like the way they are implemented and shit. So many prereqs for anything

As a concept? Kind of nice-they represent tricks and abilities that can really change how your character works. I dislike that many good ones are tied into bulky, nigh-worthless trees, or are outright trap options, but the idea itself seems pretty sound.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

There's a reason I use
theworldissquare.com/feat-taxes-in-pathfinder/ in all my campaigns.

Favorite monster?

In my opinion it's a tie between the gelatinous cube and the owlbear. No monster is as good as a monster created by an insane, possibly high, wizard.

I also played as a wizard in a game where my dm allowed me to imbue sentience into pebbles like miniature earth elementals. Whenever my group was surrounded, I emptied my bag of holding full of them.

They're really good in other systems, where they aren't just numeric taxes and awful chains of prereqs for mildly useful abilities.

In Pathfinder? Oh, they're shit. Why would you even need to ask.

When the PCs come back from the war to the ruined capitol and find themselves confronting the Vilderavn in the king's chambers, does the Vilderavn kill the king in front of them BEFORE the fight or does it challenge them to combat for his life?

They're fey, aren't they? Assume the most dickish choice available.

They absolutely need to put the pre-reqs for the pre-reqs on those requirements list.

>Text-based campaign over Discord with DM for a minor separation from the group, basically a "we go our separate ways for a couple months doing our own thing" kind of deal
>My character is wandering the plains of the Linnorm Kingdoms hunting rare pelts to add trim to his armor
>Run into a beautiful blonde-haired woman begging me to help her just as a blizzard begins to pick up
>Trolls have apparently taken over her home and she needs a big, tough man to fix the problem
>I guess this is the quest tonight.gif
>She brings me to her cave
>Cave? Whatever
>Clear the cave of trolls, got to try out my slick new ZweiSent skills, was pretty dope
>She's overjoyed and implores I stay with her until the blizzard passes, she touches his hand and says something corny about how he should "stay somewhere warm" and it's "been a while since she's entertained a guest."
>He agrees, assume this fades to black and we call it a night
>He asks me OOC if I'm fine with continuing, I'm intrigued and agree
>She leads him to her bedchambers, a well-kept part of the cave with a roaring fire and long threads of fragrant flowers hanging overhead, she disrobes in fairly extensive detail (turns out the girl's a Huldra) and sits on the bed, encouraging him to join her and "pass the time."

An emergency phone call forced me away from the scene just as the heavy petting turned into full-on foreplay. That was last night.

Sorry if my definition of kinky is nowhere near yours.

>implying the King isn't another Vilderavn
My Lord, I fear the shapeshifters grow ever bolder

Challenges them for the life of the man on the throne who's a fey doppelganger, the king is long since dead.

>does the Vilderavn kill the king in front of them BEFORE the fight or does it challenge them to combat for his life?

Vilderavn are spiteful assholes that are willing to spread strife and discord even if they never live to see the fruits of their labor.

In other words, he kills the king if he knows the king is a just and capable ruler.

Why? You can't have Whip Supremacy without Whip Mastery, you can't have Mastery without Basics, and you can't have Basics without a Forte.

Literally *anyone* can take the forte, though. Even a Mage can afford to take a single weapon forte.

And since feat chains are *always* arranged alphabetically, they're always right next to each other for reference.

Qanon is that you

Because it makes it much easier than jumping from page to page to page to try to see what all you need.

>The GM literally asked you if you were okay with continuing
>Any idiot would know what the continuation of that scenario would be.
>Your post made it sound like the GM just dropped it on you unexpectedly.

Motherfucker, you tricked us.

He tells the party of the betrayer among them, with a sky-high bluff check and the king's modified memory to back him up.

Except as I just mentioned, with the exception of the Forte, *everything you need is right next to each other*

Feats are always arranged alphabetically so that they are immediately sequential, and NO feat has a chain longer than three feats or prerequisites aside from another feat (which will, again, be directly above it on the same page or the proceeding page if they're spread across two pages). There are no feats that require, say, Cleave and Dodge and Mobility and Iron Will. Feat prerequisites are significantly more lenient, with many feats having no prereqs at all. There are no level requirements, or feats that require an ability score higher than 13.

It's a shit-ton easier.

That's the thing with FC: That is the entire feat tree. Any other feat tree is a set of three or four feats. Those three feats mark the goodest you can be with whip tricks from that feat tree. Anything else is completely separate and doesn't require anything from that feat tree.

I can confirm that it is not QANON.

if you're getting it on with a mythological varmint, you best be expectin' some fun times hombre.

I live to disappoint.

QANON does love being pampered and treated like a pretty princess, though. But I don't think that's her fetish. I'm pretty sure her fetish is consentacles.

(and then kills the king after they kill their party member)

All I know is that getting it on with a Huldra has legitimate mechanical benefits, and they're one of the few races that a human can bang and leave the bedroom better than when they entered.

If you thought Guts just killed ogres and trolls, then you're a special sort of retarded.

Okay, just be cool.

Don't look at the hole, don't mention the hole, don't play with the hole.

She's got at least three other holes to entertain you with, after all.

>GM's face when a vilderavn starts an out of game fight and lasting distrust

They look like ogres and trolls to you?

I thought her fetish was sylphus

Berserk is a parody that doesn't know it's a parody, who cares.

Maybe it's sylphus getting it on WITH consentacles?

Special ed tree rejects were claiming Guts only fought against ogres and trollso.

It's almost like Berserk and Pathfinder are completely different universes with completely different aspects and expectations, and that one is a role-playing game and the other is a FUCKING COMIC.

Unrelated post is unrelated

Also, no one fucking said that at all last thread you projecting assgoblin

You sound like you're constipated. You should eat lots of fiber man, you don't seem healthy. And lose weight, you fast fuck.

She's gay and likes sylphus, princesses, witches, and tentacles. Clearly, her fetish is a witch summoning a tentacle beast for her sylphu princess girlfriend.

It's always nice to have things just being assholes to leaven out the heroic fantasy.

>Paladin adventures to right wrongs and fight evil
>Wizard adventures to strengthen their magic and depetrify a childhood friend
>Cleric adventures to spread the word of their master
>Kenku rogue adventures because eeey fuck you too buddy

Ease up on the shit pills you complete shitstain.

Any tip for Arcane Trickster?
Greater Invisibility + Touch spell work so far, but I'm not what will happen once enemy get true seeing.

If you think the setting from Berserk won't make a good CS then you need to btfo yourself from this hobby and get your diagnosis of autistic mongoloid confirmed.

You will die.

So...it seems you all haven't learned a goddam thing...

youtube.com/watch?v=DokzmBQO5PM

I"mm bacckkk!!!

Tell me /pfg/, which Inquisition would you say is better?
>Heresy
Or
>Conversion
Having a hard time choosing between them for my Inquisitor

Stop shitposting. You ruined one thread already, why continue to shut up another? Do you truly have nothing else productive to do with your life?

It is a Campaign Setting already, it's called Warhammer Fantasy

That is unlikely. I still have all the defensive spell like Emergency Force sphere, dimension door etc.

I need a way to deal those sweet sweet sneak attack damage though.

Flank.

Welp, time to watch the thread devolve into shitposting for another night.

No evil shall escape my sight!

I don't doubt you could do it, but I personally wouldn't want to play in it.

>Stuff happens
>Then things get worse
>More stuff happens
>Things get even worse
>You realise the party is pretty much just as bad as the things they're fighting
>Things manage to get even worse
>Next verse, same as the first

Other than that it would just be the DM describing mass quantities of gore and demoniac rape monsters.

What system is this, anyway?

Hope is an illusion, yes.

No it's more like this: youtube.com/watch?v=26xxQcGDjxY