Warhammer 40k General

No Thread @ 5AM Edition

>Rules databases
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s) (Updated 8/11/18)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V8.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/shared?ci=-FGyBomjv9M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

first for the best chaos god

>living in the central timezone
What a fag. I bet you're a podtard.

Why do so few factions have Interceptor and actual anti-aircraft units?

>podtard.
wut?

Sorry some real jobs start early, what based timezone do you come from?

Is it safe for me to take Deathwatch veteran squads with 4 frag cannons, or will I be as bad as those Riptide spamming fuckwits?

Also, when can we expect to see Deathwatch data files for BattleScribe?

>8 S6 templates with Rending
>Is a Lascannon at 12"
>Is a Superior Autocannon up to 24"
>Can take a DT that can deep-strike very safely
You tell me, user.

Please do. They're the new meta and you shall be their herald. Embrace the power, unlike that /pol/tard from last thread.

are space marines so top tier that you can do basically anything with them and still have a good list?

>5AM
It's 12 you twat. Fucking yanks I swear

Yeah, just don't go doing that for every squad. Not everyone in real life is going to be autstic about an overcosted deathstar.

Its 7 you uncultured swine.

Noobfag here who wants to get into the novels. What would you guys recommend would be a good starting point?

Yes and no. SM is powerful now mostly due to formations and decurions. Running a regular cad though is fairly mid tier to top tier depending on how you min-max. Hell, if you try and gimp yourself you can even build a list that orks could go against and not auto loose turn 1-3

What's the best way to represent preheresy thousand sons in 40k? I don't mean in model sense, but rather which Codex would be best? Sadly, I think it might still be CSM just because of the number of sorcerers. Ironically enough, Grey Knights might be good, too.

Sup Veeky Forums

I'm bored right now and thinking of starting a fandex for fun. The premise I have in mind is Be'lakor has gathered a legion of his own and is making a bid to ascend to a full blown chaos god. I have an idea of who the other HQ's in the army would be, as well as some cool special units and what not. Is this a good idea?

First few Gaunt's Ghosts if you want a good detailed perspective on the 40k setting both during war and during moments of civilian life between deployments. Its the series that has molded the current terms used today in every codex and rulebook like dataslate, Promethian, colour coded security levels, etc...

Its also hailed as the best relatable novels if you served at all in the Army. It really captures the perspective of a human soldier and interactions of a unit really well.

30k thousand sun list? It is quite literally pre-heresey codex wise.

I more wanted to use them in 40k not 30k, so I was wondering which 40k book would make the best counts as.

You can use it in 40k if you really wanted to, its just the point scaling and how fucked up 40ks meta is will make it pretty low to bottom mid tier at best. I guess codex Spacemarines with one of the badab special chapter tactics would work too.

For grounded and accessible, I'd go with Gaunt's Ghosts.

If you are familiar at least with space marines I'd give Graham McNeill's Ultramarine and Iron Warrior novels.

You can go anywhere from there. I'd recommend the Caiphas Cain books, most of the stuff Dan Abnett writes aside from Gaunt and Aaron Dembski-Bowden's Horus Heresy and 40k novels if you can tolerate the smirking redhead female support character that's in every fucking story he writes.

As an aside, why is it that so many warhammer fans seem to have served in the army?

You really underestimate how many nerds are in the army.

>tfw was gonna join the Royal Marines but was too lazy to maintain the necessary level of fitness
Jdimsa

favorite loyalist chapter?
pic rel

pic rel

Awooo.

I might actually buy some Dark Eldar today. The insane spiral never ends, but I need a plastic army for a change.

I'm going to use a succubus and a unit of wyches. Just kill me now.

Best way to start with $200? Preferably less, but shooting for 1000points

Time to acquire some relics.

ok

We dindu nuffin

We wuz wizards n shit

WHERE ARE MY SOLID SHELLS?

DO I HAVE TO PAINT MY FIST ARM SILVER, IS THAT IT?

space wolves are pretty cool
i like their dreadnoughts

i like 1k sons a lot but i also wish they had done more with their lore.
"a bad thing happened, whoops it was tzeentch. so then they were bad guys"

Yea. They're my favorite chapter/legion, but they had a shitty series of events.

>constantly shit on cause psykers
>constantly dealing with mutations
>all other legions hate them
>Mag still tries to warn Big E
>fucks up bad
>real bad
>goes home for punishment
>Horus gets pups to kill them

I mean, fuck. Why did they help Hours again?

We all know they are getting squatted and turn into a super secret female space marine chapter that hunts psykers and heretics.

You know speaking of Blangle dreads, I have yet to find a reason to use my Libby dread's force weapon.

S10 is already instant death to most things.

Not to toughness 6+

Monsterous creatures?

4 Ordo Xeno Inquisitors with Rad grenades charging is more powerful than Insta death. They remove models from the table just by charging before any attack has been done.

Also, if someone manages to do that they deserve to win.

Is this viable?
Deathwatch Black Spear Strikeforce 1850pts

Command:
Librarian - 70pts (Divination)(Warlord)
- Mastery level 2 - 25pts
- Dominus Aegis - 20pts
Total: 115pts

Auxiliary:
Venerable Dreadnought - 125pts
- Assault Cannon - 10pts
- Heavy Flamer - 10pts
Total: 145pts

Core:
Aquila Kill Team;
Veterans - 110pts
- Stalker Pattern Boltgun x5 - 25pts
Terminators - 40pts
- Assault Cannon - 20pts
Bikers - 30pts
Sub-Total: 225pts

Furor Kill Team;
Veterans - 110pts
- Deathwatch Frag Cannon x4 - 100pts
Terminators - 80pts
- Heavy Flamer x2 - 20pts
Dedicated Transport: Drop Pod - 35pts
Sub-Total: 345pts

Furor Kill Team;
Veterans - 110pts
- Infernus Heavy Bolter x3 - 60pts
Terminators - 40pts
- Cyclone Missle Launcher - 25pts
Dedicated Transport: Drop Pod - 35pts
Sub-Total: 270pts

Strategium Command Team;
Chaplain - 95pts
Veterans - 110pts
-Power Weapon x2 - 30pts
- Infernus Heavy Bolter x1 - 20pts
Vanguard Veterans - 50pts
- Lightning Claws x2 - 10pts
Dedicated Transport: Corvus Blackstar - 180pts
- Blackstar Rocket Launcher - 15pts
Sub-Total: 510pts

Armour:
Land Raider Redeemer - 240pts

Total: 1850pts

Which dread is best dread?

Every dread is special in their own way user.

Except twin autocannon dread. Fuck that dude.

DO YOU LOVE ME BROTHER!?

There is no 30k list yet.
Libby Conclave Codex Space Marines. Deathwatch with Libbies in every Kill Team.

That's an anvilus autocannon. Those are cool.

Especially as they come with two other weapon mounts, whilst a two autocannon dread is stuck lumbering around being useless.

puños carmesí

youtube.com/shared?ci=-FGyBomjv9M

Generic Burger chain commercial we're showing at my cinema in Sweden.

I'm kinda impressed honestly.

A significant chunk went Loyalist to form the Blood Ravens. We just don't know much about the Legion post-Prospero.

>Is it safe for me to take Deathwatch veteran squads with 4 frag cannons, or will I be as bad as those Riptide spamming fuckwits?
It's safe. It's powerful, sure, but it costs as much as a landraider, yet it isn't nearly as strong or deadly as most other units in that same points range.
It's nice sure, but not anything game-breaking. Now, if this was an option for something like chimera vets, THEN it would be gamebreaking

>I have yet to find a reason to use my Libby dread's force weapon.
It deletes Tyranids even harder than normal Dreadnought power fist

Had a hearty kek. Thanks user.

Let me put it this way Anons; What would you rather have?

Option A) A squad of 5 vets with 4 Frag Cannons, 3+, no invun and no CQC weapons for 285pts,

Option B) A squad of 5 Terminators with 5 Assault Cannons, 2+ 5++ and power fists for 300pts?

Put the terminators in a killteam and combine them with mission objectives for re-rolls to hit and wound/penetrate and you are laughing.

Frag-vets

I've been retarded. It's 245pts for the squad and a pod. I still stand by that the terminators are better.

Any suggestions on how to improve this?

Tidy up th eplacemen tof the text "boxes", do some L-R formatting on those samnity percentiles, don't have random linebreaks, fis the shitty scaling and stretching of images.

this, and remove all the underlined text while you are at it, that looks like shit.

Or at least underline certain parts, not everything.

if everything is underlined, nothing is.

Thanks guys.

Rolled 1 + 1 (1d2 + 1)

So Deathwatch is the "remove units from Deep Strike" army?

So how are these Deathwatch dudes turning out to be? I'm heading to Korea for a year and don't want to lug my entire collection with me, so thinking of getting the boxed set for it's low model count and cool looking models.

Marienes with more expensive toys, killy formations instead of free shit and obsec.

Haven't you been listening? They're the most OP thins ever. For the basically nothing cost of a Land Raider you get 5 vets with "the most OP gun evar", a 12" Lascannon. Oh, and some neat flamers.

In all seriousness, they're really pretty cool, but not overpowered. I say go for ot

So fun. Much interplay.

A two shot S6 Rending Flamer is pretty fucking retarded. The two shot Lascannon and super autocannon modes are just gravy

So I killed the Nightbringer with a bunch of hormagaunts. He was tarpitted with some warriors, so I charged him with a unit of 10 with toxic sacs, giving me 30 attacks to hit on 5 and wound on 4. Landed 8 wounds and he only saved 3. I lol'd heartily, because it was a 1000 pt match and that dick brought the Nightbringer and a tesseract ark.

I love that model.

>that one chaos marine in the bottom left that just decides he's had enough of these damn 2+ saves and is going home for the day

is there a tabletop scene in South Korea?

It should be thatway though. Lore wise deathwatch is a small , highly equiped killteam based operations. It would be silly of they all just had regular space marine weapons while having less models.

What are Decurions?

Space Marines are already hyper elite.

A two shot S6 Flamer is retarded. That's a Flamer that can ignore any armor in the game and can penetrate a Land Raider. And it gets two damn shots. The cannon is Grav-tier shit.

Well, I felt it was an accomplishment.

Just noticed too, you have miss-spelt debt as debet. Fix that.

> He brought the Nightbringer and a Tesseract Ark
> You call him a dick

Really? I envy you, user. I envy you your ignorance of how dickish Necrons can be. He brought two of the worst units in his book - the only weaker ones being the Deceiver, Transcendant, and Obelisk.

>is there a tabletop scene in South Korea?

There's literally ONE game shop that's in Seoul, but I never visited when I was there last. I'll be about 3 hours from Seoul. There was a small gaming scene on base when I was there from 13-14, but nothing too big.

Giga-formations, named after the first one to exist. They are detachments made up of other, smaller formations, theoretically trading flexibility for power. Mono-lists already existed, however, so defining what the most powerful thing is simply defines what the mono-list is for the army.

I have a black templar army and want to add some overwatch since I like the customizable models (I already made some kitbashed ones a few years ago using the sternguar veterans kit)

what would be some reommended units to add as an ally force to my space marines considered I am more into casual play nowadays?
can I actually ally their decurion?

>Space Marines are already hyper elite.
Like every other 4x4 army.

I am waiting for the MEGA folder to finish decrypting. Is the new Deathwatch codex in there? Since KAT went down, I don't know where to find all the GW stuff any more.

Correct. It's silly to say that Deathwatch are too elite to same weapons as regular Astartes, when regular Astartes use the same weapons as Guard despite being significantly more elite.
>inb4 moron that can't follow the conversation says something about lasguns

Please enlighten me to the ways of necron cheese.

>Decurion
Plus one or more of the following.
>Canoptek Wraiths
>Destroyers
Decurion alone is too slow, but still retard durable.

>not just calling them meq

it might be worth it to ask around the US bases since i know a lot of military guys like 40k. i think overseas they don't typically do tabletop due to space limits but rpgs tend to be popular everywhere.

Yeah, but you don't have 1000 men deploying. You usually have 5-100 at most. These are the best of the best from every chapter

Destroyers. 24 inch s5 ap3 s3-shot guns, which reroll failed to-hit and to-wound. Wraiths with Reanimation Protocols, Beasts with init 5, strength 6, and 4 rending attacks each, with a 3++/4+++. Warrior Spam, with 20 man blobs of models that simply do not die to anything short of anti-tank fire, and even then have a chance to return d3 of them to play a turn. General overall durability, in a game where that's rare.

I'll admit it can't play at the high levels, where everything turns into rocket tag and durability doesn't matter, but it's sort of a gatekeeper of same - if you can't beat Necrons, you certainly can't beat a Good List.

4x4 sounds better.
also makes them out to be tools

Guardsmen don't use the same weapons at all. A lascannon/heavy bolter has to be mounted on a tri-pod yet a space marine can fire them by hand.

Some named characters have been strong enough to carry heavy bolters, Space Marines just find it easier.

What would make deathwatch special then? Lore wise they have the cutting edge weapons reserved to them by the inquisition. You can find SM weapons everywhere but only Deathwatch has clearance for their equipment. it would be silly to not give them anything other then standard equipment that a rank and file marine would get.

That's a really cool cosplay.

Well he does field a pack of 6 wraiths. And uses that one detachment to grant them resurrection or whatever.

I think I need more hormagaunts. I'm really impressed with how they performed.

>That's a Flamer that can ignore any armor in the game and can penetrate a Land Raider
No, the flamer can most certainly not pen a land raider. At 12" the other firing mode can, but even then it's only got a 1/6th chance to pen, the same chance a bolter has at glancing a land speeder.

While the chances of it penning a Land Raider are monstrously low, it still very much can due to how Rending works.

And yet, they're the same in gameplay terms, despite the MEQ being a considerably more elite platform.

Lasguns can fucking damage riptides, they are so fucking broken. Especially with frfsrf op bullshit and ignores cover orders.