Pre-ET Warhammer Fantasy General

Warhammer Fantasy General: Nuln Spearman Edition

Link to Last Thread: Talk about all Warhammer Fantasy.
Keep End Times discussion to a minimum and keep AoS in the AoS thread.

>Thread Theme
youtube.com/watch?v=Ocm8QdNR_d8

Link to last thread:48765387

>1d4chan
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Warhammer_Fantasy

>Newbie Introduction to Warhammer Fantasy (Download, start reading at page 174 for the story and all the races)
mediafire.com/download/i330182xo9b1hsi/Rulebook (Hardback).pdf

>Third Party Miniature Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk

>List of Warhammer recommended proxies
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/

>Tomb Kings Range reborn!
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com
indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/

>Warhammer Wikis
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

>Resources (Armybooks, Supplements, Fluff, Crunch)
pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
www.pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
>Endhammer
1d4chan.org/wiki/Endhammer

>9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

>Total War: Warhammer
store.steampowered.com/app/364360/

>End Times: Vermintide
store.steampowered.com/app/235540/

>Mordheim: City of the Damned
store.steampowered.com/app/276810/

>Bloodbowl 2
store.steampowered.com/app/236690/

>Man O' War
store.steampowered.com/app/344240/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3tTHn2tHhcI
youtube.com/watch?v=ogTDa-vG2MQ
youtube.com/watch?v=XIPK09FmD_w
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The things is, Grimdark is Warhammer 40k's shtick.

Sure, Warhammer Fantasy is generally a gritty realist fantasy setting but the grimdark aspects are fairly new as far as design choice and setting disposition go.

It's more of a gritty, yet still humorous in a British 1980's sort of way, superior choice to dungeons and dragons.

Like choosing between Dragonlance and Ravenloft but without being raped by Hasboro.

youtube.com/watch?v=3tTHn2tHhcI

>The things is, Grimdark is Warhammer 40k's shtick.

For me, James Wallace's quote sums up the feeling of Warhammer Fantasy perfectly.

>Warhammer...isn't like D&D, and the monsters don't automatically carry gold and magic items. D&D is about quests for glory and riches; it pretends to be the same, but it's about the day-to-day fight for survival in a universe that hates you. If you don't finish each adventure worse off than when you started it, your doing something wrong. If you find yourself in a Warhammer adventure and not knee-deep in shit then duck, because another load is past due.

But at the same time it's not the "everything is always sad and depressing" grimdark that they tried to push later on when it saw success with 40k.

True that. Fantasy was fine showing us the moments of happiness and hope that they intersected with the horror, to both add depth as well as contrast to the setting. 'Rattenkrieg' highlighted that perfectly, I feel.

Any new developments for fa/tg/uys on the WFRP front? I've just introduced my group to it and had our first session on a TDBTW campaign.

How was yours?

I've gotten my girlfriend, two girls we know, and this guy in on the WFRP train for my campaign.

We've played three games so far with little continuity because I'm trying to introduce the setting and aiming for dramatic effect.

>We've played three games so far with little continuity because I'm trying to introduce the setting and aiming for dramatic effect.

Aww, that's a great idea. I should have gone that route. Well, live and learn. Might intersect their current game with relevant snippets for them to play through, now that you've gotten the idea in my head.

Game is going well. They're looking at it as fairly generic fantasy, and I'm introducing them to the specifics in small steps to let it grow on them.

Cool.

Yeah; so far we've hit,

>Marienburg in a sort of mafia intrigue story
Introduced Tileans, Estalians, court-politics, and street politics; also the tremendous size of the setting.

>Unamed city with twisted nobles and the dwarven road through the mountains to a karak
Introduced Dwarven culture, chaos cultists, and chaos taint.

>Outskirts of Sylvania investigating a disappeared village
Introduced Vampiric taint, the idea of ghouls, and the influence of undeath

Now that they're fairly knowledgeable about overlying themes in the setting I'm going to start a campaign and introduce bits and bobs from their introductory games as tidbits.

I've found that relying on horror/suspense is a great way to get people that are iffy super-involved.

Also counting down quick from 5 during quick scenes to force them to make decisions keeps the tempo up.

I'll bump with some of my OC Brets

OC?

'original content' i.e i painted 'em

Rog.
Have you branched out to any actual modeling?

I got some green stuff in a warhammer trade but I've tried to use modeling putty before and it comes out like squished playdoh.

Never made my own creations in green stuff. Mostly use it for patching up bad mould lines

Look up MicroSet&MicroSol. Gloss coat before and after transfers.

Anyone have any ideas for Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay Scenarios they'd like to see?

[highly disciplined rattling]

[depressed rattling]

Anyone do any cool Host of the Eternity King army conversions/paint schemes?
like not-so-dark dark elves fighting shoulder to shoulder with edgier high elves and shady looking wood elves?

>Host of the Eternity King
>Not shoehorned ET shit
Pick one.

>ET even being relevant to the thread

But honestly if you want something interesting try building a woodelf or high elf army and adding small things like dark elf weapons.
Then add a small token dark elf force but maybe with some wood elf/high elf bits.

It could be a small band of dark elves that have decided to forge their own way and the idea of cultural diffusion through weapons is ancient.
I think it's dumb to mix all three armies at once as it's just not something easily believable.
Hell, even having even numbers of two factions is kinda off.

If you want you could pull a "US-in-Iraq" scenario and have a small number of dark elf or high elf leadership and a big number of wood elf mooks.
Kinda like US Army training cadre helping to mobilize hordes of Iraqi police and national guard.

>Tristan le Troubador

>Bertrand le Brigand

How much did these rarities cost you on ebay or bartertown or wherever you picked them up?

So this part has me wondering, it mentions a Sungod using fire to fight Daemons.

In the Dwarven Armybook, 8th ed, it mentions Caledor the Dragontamer coming up the coast of the badlands to hunt Daemons/find the source of their invasion.

Now wouldn't it make sense for primitive humans to call a Dragon Riding Fire wielding High Elf a Sun God?

Sauce on the pic?
Check the writers for both pieces of fluff and see if there's any continuity.

It makes sense but unless it's the same writer or two writers that are known to associate with each other's works it could just be GW-asspull coincidence.

page 14 of the 8th ed KANGZ armybook.

and 7th ed Dwarf Armybook under "The Elves" altough after reading it again, it's only mentioned as "the Lowlands" and as such I'm not that sure about it anymore.

nah,Ptra is propably just Asuryan

A brett knight trying to win the heart of a very burly Empire Lady.
He not only has to beat up all of her foppish brothers in duels but also has to win a fist fight with the lady herself
And no one wants to do that with German women

What?

Bought them probs 5 yrs ago on ebay, when prices weren't ridiculous.

Thanks, never knew about those products, these are quite old now, painted them 3-4 yrs ago. Fallen off the painting wagon recently, cant work up the enthusiasm to get back into it.

You drunk mate?

I know ET is haram here, but and i'm still not 100% sold on their fluff, but I still think Eternity King armies open up some cool modeling opportunities.
I was also thinking you could fluff them by saying they are a historical force that is part of Malekith's intial rebellion, so they haven't gone full Druchii yet.

If the nehekaran gods were anything else, I'd say they were Old ones. A flying chariot matches the description of the lizardman deity of war tlanxa, whose spear Kroq-far uses. Someone using a device like a hand of the gods would definitely seem to primative man to be a god wielding the power of fire.

Butnt prefer the 8ed and (trigger warning) ET interpratation that the various gods of the pantheons were actual beings who reside in a place between the mortal world and the realm of chaos. Ptra must have been one of he most powerful gods since he was actually able to send down immortal heralds as late as during Nagash' first appearance. I wished could have seen more of the non-chaos gods divine servants though, even if they were much rarer than chaos daemons

Anyone wanna make a Warhammer Fantasy discussion skype group?

For Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay, lore discussion, 9th age, etc...

no

I dunno man. There's been plenty of Endhammer in these threads and it fucks with the Eternity King a little.

Ain't nobody wants to hear those cheetos crunching. And ain't nobody here got ArchWarhammer's sweet, sugary Norwegian, halting-speeched voice.

no

Nice dubs.

I actually hadn't read any of the eternity king stuff from EndHammer.
Care to elaborate?

I thought that Tyrion and the High Elves broke away from all that?

>Ain't nobody wants to hear those cheetos crunching.

We need to follow TES general's example and have these threads only on weekends or something. You run out of shit to talk about having it every day.

Yeah.
But idk if I could go an entire week without talking about Warhammer on Veeky Forums.

Even if I can't talk about it every hour of every day.

Does this ship moves by these beams?

the ship propably moves by magic,beams are an attempt to bring it down

Empire can build ship mechas but can't produce more tanks.

Take off the Pony shirt and we'll talk, bro.

Thanks.

Endhammer tries to finesse the Eternity King situation and thread the needle. Malekith is Phoenix King, but most of the High Elves reject this situation when the end of the world doesn't actually happen (what with Valten winning, as was destined!).

So, Tyrion and Alarielle leave the forests of Athel Loren and try to find a new life in what remains of Lustria (broken archipelagos which were once mountain tops) and the other High Elf ports and forts throughout the world.

However, some High Elves remain (namely, Imrik and the Dragon Princes of Caledor, the folks who helped Malekith win), both out of ambition and because the other High Elves no longer like them very much.

This allows people using the Endhammer setting to still treat the elves as three different factions, but if someone WANTS to run Eternity King, they can do so under the guise of the few high elves who remained with Malekith.

Mainly because they're the ambitious, cruel, human-hating types like Imrik who would consider making war on Bretonnia/Tilea/Estalia and reclaiming the old elf colonies of the Old World as a new homeland.

I am not sure why steamtanks are a big deal when Empire has literally flying castles

They are compact, you could move them in cities. Why the hell they can't just power them with magic shit, and empire wizards are kids when compared to elves yet they can build this.

Floating castles and crazy boats feature a lot in art, but are never models/talked about in the fluff, really. I assume they're just the artist's flair.

>I'd say they were Old ones.

Just no. The Old Ones screwed off once Chaos came. The Nehekaran were warp creatures that were drained by Chaos and Nagash killed the guy in charge of the Underworld by channeling the souls of dead on him from his own underworld.

>Butnt prefer the 8ed and (trigger warning) ET interpratation that the various gods of the pantheons were actual beings who reside in a place between the mortal world and the realm of chaos.

Mom, user is attributing things to 8th ED and ET that were never there.

Remember that Taal domain was in the Warp/Realm of Chaos. In End Times Glottkin, you see an event where Nurgle personally visits Taal's realm and BTFO him.

If we really reach back in the fluff you see that Drachenfels was using "magic" before chaos even existed.

He was such a huge asshole that he literally drained life out of the other neanderthals he was with.

What if this sun God was just the biggest cuntface in Nehekara and it infused him with powers?

>If we really reach back in the fluff you see that Drachenfels was using "magic" before chaos even existed.

Goddamnit, user. The Realm of Chaos has no time. The Chaos Gods always existed.

Furthermore, there were civilization and races who used their own form of magic before the Old Ones came. The fuck up with the gates only made it easier for guys to use magic due the fact that the world is being saturated by two massive Rifts to the source of all magic.

>What if this sun God was just the biggest cuntface in Nehekara and it infused him with powers?

More likely that they were rogue warp entities that were spawned by the gateways destruction. The fought off the daemons and choose the desert humans as their servants to sustain themselves.

This is more likely by the fact that the Khemri Gods were weakened by the rising power of Chaos.

>visit's Taal's realm

More reasons why End Times was written by fucking retards.

Why didn't the other warp entities kill the 3 chaos gods when they were weak?

They were weak enough when the warp gates opened that Drachenfels made them pay a daemon tithe of soldiers.

Why wouldn't Taal have his own realm in the Realm of Chaos? Dude is warp entity.

Drachenfels is barely canon.

The Chaos Gods were never weak and they are Four. The other Warp entities still from them for they are the source.

And who says that they didn't humour Drachenfels like they humoured Be'lakor and Archaon?

>And who says that they didn't humour Drachenfels like they humoured Be'lakor and Archaon?
I guess.
After all he was killed by an actor with a holy mallet.

>mfw Night Goblin faction mod
youtube.com/watch?v=ogTDa-vG2MQ

Because we arent allowed to like anything about End Times.

youtube.com/watch?v=XIPK09FmD_w

I thought Taal was a normal God.
When did he become a warp entity?

I really hope they're going to add squigs in at some point, feels like a massive omission for the greenskins.

End Times.

End Times tried to shrink the world too much.

It attempted to suck the mystery of older magics and non-warp-influenced Gods right out of the entire setting and make it all GamesWorkshop copyright-able.

That shit was for roody poo candy asses my dude.

I know, hence... End Times is bogus. Endhammer is what you need.

Id say they were old ones as opposed to fucking Caledor riding a dragon, damn you don't have to sperg out about everything

In Glottkin they called it the realm of dreams. It probably was the warp, but it's never explicitly stated as such and you could have easily interpreted it to be a sort of subsection of the realm of chaos based more around individual winds of magic saturating the mortal world. Which would help to explain why Ereth Kihal and Morr got destroyed when death got ripped out of the vortex

Steamtanks would be a big deal if there were a lot more of them, but only having 8 is pretty ridiculous. They aren't that impressive if going up against anything better than chaff, and get destroyed pretty easily in the lore.

Endhammer ideas:

The elves don't seem to really be doing much beyond following the End Times story and losing Naggarythe/Ulthuan.

Who likes the idea of Imrik and Fenrir trying to convince Malekith to launch a crusade against the broken remnants of Tilea to recover the old Elven colonies? Fenrir launching raids of his own accord, even against Bretonnians?

why fuck around in the Old World (Which is connected to the Chaos Wastes by land) when you can create a new and better Elven Kingdom in Tor Elithis, far away from the norscans, humans, skaven and any organized Chaos.

Plus: far away from the vortex, which means the new Elven faction would experience a baby boom.

On top of that, it's pretty much the next best thing to Ulthuan.

when you overlay this map you'll notice Elithis is completely clean of chaos taint.

1. Yes, I like this idea. We had no High Elf fluff-masters-general earlier. So, Tyrion/Alarielle and Malekith/Imrik are racing to occupy Tor Elithis?

2. Only issue I got is that this removes the elves from the action with the other factions.

first off I wouldn't put Tor Elithis in direct dispute.

second, If we have to give them something, I'd give the Turtle Islands and the Citadel of Dusk to Tyrion/Alarielle and Tor Elithis and The Gates of Calith to Malekith/Imrik.

Fortress of Dawn and Tor Elassor are either disputed or could remaind neutral ground, that would be good for some RPG material.

They are not necessarily out of the action since both sides have interests in keeping Athel Loren as a base, and the reclamation of Elven Ruins in the old world could also be a thing, there's plenty of land up for grabs.

Malekith could prove his worth as universal ruler by helping the Cathayans and Nippons against Grimgors lot and the Chaos Incursions.

Plus The Dark Elves should feel right at home at the Gates of Calith.

Need to add: The Elven Factions having their home islands/ capitals out of harms way is a good way to keep them mobile in a setting.

Having them cling to a few settlements in the old world doesn't fit the premise of warhammer elves at all

>Goddamnit, user. The Realm of Chaos has no time. The Chaos Gods always existed.

Are you the same sort of person who argues that Slaanesh always existed, even though we know the specific event that caused its existence?

Or that Solkan and the other Law Gods never existed?

>Drachenfels is barely canon.

YOU'RE BARELY CANON.

I mean, ffs - RPG supplements, novels based on him, recurring mentions throughout the older fluff. Drachenfels was basically proto-Nagash.

I don't know elf fluff because I don't usually care about pointy ears.

What's all of this Gates of Calith, Turtle Islands, etc.?

>After all he was killed by an actor with a holy mallet.

He was BTFO by Sigmar.

Then an actor with a holy mallet crushed the twisted remains a few hundred years later.

>Wow look at how many gods WFB has it's really cool-
>Nope, nope, all the same gods.

How do followers of Nurgle feel? Like, do they actively suffer forever and just don't care or are they truly numbed to everything around them?

Apparently they're just numb to the pain and feel it as a loving embrace.

At least according to 40k lore.
Not a whole lot on Warhammer Fantasy aside from some gross cultists that die pretty quick in the books.

I enjoyed the thread where a guy was asking if those flying mechanical skeletons were real.

In my headcannon and on my table (as I am forever GM) they are very often crazy masochists embracing different aspects of their many diseases as a "loving embraces", "kisses" "feeling his warm breath", "being overfilles with his love". They feel pain in the fullest and they start to love it. It's not even that magical, it's more about embracing Nurgle/going completly crazy. You gradually "learn" to extract pleasure from the pain as you go deeper and deeper into the madness. Ofcourse there are many aspects of it but that is my main aproach.

Well thats terrifying

That feels more Slaaneshi to me. I'd prefer the idea that they're just numbed to it - they don't feel they can change the situation they're in, so they just accept that they're going to feel various horrible pains, and it just builds and builds.