SS13: d20 digging through the archives edition

Rolled 7 (1d20)

byond://76.16.8.127:28014
or
byond://d20station.ddns.net:28014

BYOND Download link: byond.com/download/

To connect: Open BYOND, click the gear in the upper right. Click "Open Location" and paste in the IP above. Click "Ok".

Welcome to d20Station, a rule light, low moderation server filled with custom content.

>ADMINS WHERE IS D20 WIKI I DON'T KNOW HOW TO DO ANYTHING!
wiki located at
>robustvinyl.com/ss13/wiki/
Currently sorely in need of content.

>What the fuck is Space Station 13
A top down atmospherics simulator with a "whodunit" on top. Survive in the station and do your department's job, while fixing the problems that the antagonists cause.

>How the fuck do I play this game? I keep hitting myself with things.
Use OOC and ask someone for help on how to play. People will almost always help you get a grip of the game if you're polite about it, just don't reveal too much in-round information in OOC.

>Hey Veeky Forums station I...
We are a separate entity from Veeky Forums station, we just host our threads on Veeky Forums as the server was made by fa/tg/uys for elegan/tg/entlemen.

We occasionally run Dorfstation mode, a roundtype where the crew must build up from a bare-bones station. Dorf will be run less often then usual, probably on the first and/or last of every month now. Dorf is ran on a separate server, found at byond://76.16.8.127:28020

>How is this station different from [station]?
Join the server and read the rules and changelog (located at the top right of the game window). The changelog has been cleaned up to show changes starting from the base code of the /nt/ branch.

Code branch from NT (also named d20Station) is updated a few times every week with fixes and new content.

If you have a bug, contact an admin in-game or on the thread to report it.

Note: This is NOT SS13 general.

bump

4 people ready, get in here

How does genetics work on d20?

the real question is: why would you want tricord in a fresh clone?

No idea, but even if you did want it there's no reason to add it to the mix.

bump

If I just want to chill out and be an assistant or a bartender or something, is this the server for me?

sure, there's often slow rounds

yeah, that wouldn't be uncommon, we like slow, more relaxed rounds, we usually use them to build a megaproject or something of the sort.

bump

what

Why do I want to show her my mix room

that's someone's lady spessman dressed up as a nuke op of course.

haven't played ss13 in a couple years, any big changes i should know about?

Depends on the server.

what
Said, if you haven't played here for a couple years there'd be a TON of changes, I'd imagine other servers would be the same as well. Just check the changelog of the server you go on to see what's up.

we added arbitrarily fast rules for advanced wounds to medical because doctor mains are born masochists who can't have fun if they aren't under pressure to even mend paper cuts and anyone who isn't a doctor main is a pussy

that's the most recent large change off the top of my head aside from new genetics but feel free to apply the "this doesn't suck enough" mindset to basically everything besides the janitor, who has a space cleaner dispenser and a water backpack in his closet

just kidding it's not that bad ily d20

bump

>spessman take your kid to work day

>beepsky can move on space tiles just fine
What is this bullshit.

>Local hero saves the day
>ungratefull crew ruines everything
>traitor gets redtext thanks to local hero

Securitrons float dude.

Not even float, they manuever just fine on space tiles, they can go any direction they want. forward or backwards

little propellers of justice

Is d20 code open source? I want to run a private server

No it's not, it's closed source.

They definitely don't have wheels.

Beepsky and the pupper where my unsung heroes!
Thanks to them i did what i could to save the day and for that i thank them

Lame. I'm not really part of the community (I played a bit years ago, mostly scientist on ministation) so I wouldn't expect the devs would want to share it with me.

Which codebranch should I go for? I wanted to use d20 since it works well for lowpop and I wanted to do a LAN night.

Well, all the robots magically get tiny wheels when you slap all the parts on them, Beepsky rolls around.

I recommend any code base that's good for low pop. Don't do Bay, Bay is fucking garbage and only good for high RP, goon is probably only good for high pop. My recommendation is a Veeky Forumscodebase.

Why not ask to rent out d20 for a night?

Yeah that's what I was thinking. Maybe I'll poke around and see if there's any easy changes to make, I've always wanted to try byond dev but never really wanted to commit to the community. No offence.

Also anybody got tips for running the byond client on linux? I had it working awhile ago but I remember it being a pain. Here we go again!

I wonder who could be behind this post.

But d20 offers a great one-night pack for you and your best buddies, available this month only! You wouldn't want to robust on Bay, would you?

Most of the robots magically get tiny wheels.
Beepsky does not.

Looks like he gets little legs to me.

He's got 3 or 4 immobile landing/idling feet.

>tfw awake at 5 in the morning listening to power metal cause i cant sleep
kill me
learn to bump a thread shitlord

Doing good work while I sleep user.

Why not just play on d20 for your LAN night?

Bump

bump

bump

>see a borg
>tell it to state laws
>it buzzes then waddles off
>scientist comes out of toxins and quickly closes the door
>ask if they know its laws
>they dont
>borg comes back
>ask again
>borg does a bunch of beeping and buzzing
>scientist comes back
>borg flashes me
>get shot to death
>scientist blows up the station

>not killing it the very second it refused to state laws
you deserved it

yeah are you fucking retarded?
if i asked a borg to state its laws (a mercy i dont usually extend) and all it did was buzzed at me (the cuntiest of all the borg noises) then its done for and so is the scientist.
also
>scientist
>toxins
>borg who wont state its laws
>toxins scientist
you deserved to get scienced m8

>muh valids
Just because someone is doing something minorly suspicious doesn't mean you should just fucking kill and space them.

just because those black guys walking down the streets decked out in all red does NOT mean they are bloods so i wont bother to cross the street i mean im not a racist its current year.
play the game for longer than half an hour nerd.

>mfw I'm the toxins scientist in question
>mfw I've been playing for about a year and a quarter
>mfw I've been doing toxins the whole time
>mfw I don't even nuke the whole station usually

It's dead user. Let it be.

Good for you
just remember toxins is only good for two things,bombs and fires

>vaids
>when a borg is refusing to state it's laws

Of course, but bombs aren't exclusively for traitoring, just like anything else in the game. By your logic we should kill and space assistants for having glubs and makeshift weapons, or doctors for having harmful drugs or the circular saw.

dont bother arguing with the silijew
they have an eternal army of ten thousand white science knights to defend them eternal.
excellent twisting of my words goyim.
and not all bombs are for traitoring but all bombs are for blowing shit up which can be done regardless of being an antag or not
furthermore an assistant with glubs and makeshift weapons is bad enough but if they take the next step and start niggering then yes you stop them dimwit. and as for doctors having shit like that its iffy but the one thing strawmanfags like you always miss when arguing is this
CONTEXT
was the sciencefag threatening people?
was the greyshit breaking in to places and attacking people
was the doctor recently attacked and thus used those items in self defense?
friendly reminder that the person who keeps there eye out and stays on edge is more robust then the idiot with an armory in his backpack because the idiot wont know when to use his guns.

i'm constantly on edge, bb

wew, that's an old webm

kek
yeah irvan made an ASTV joke

no your shitposting at the other guy's shitposting about killing a guy with the armory in their backpack made me remember this, and i like remind people who's the most robust
aside from nernums, slare, gordon, kk, lee, tim, viktor, emiko, etc.

thats alot of weapons but spacelube and poly acid have a special place in my penis

also emiko is not robust

kek you shitlord
it scares me when people do this

Bump

>Objective #2: Have at least 1 friend: Fail.
Hahah what a nerd

>Be Katie White, mute assistant
>Slare is head of security
>Lee ends up fucking with him
>gunshots
>Lee has killed Slare and threw him into space
>think nothing of it at the time
>No engineers so I go help Tim set the engine
>notice there's a C20 magazine outside engineering
>tell this to Tim over PDA and log it in my mind
>Go around just being helpful
>decide to investigate further into the murder of Slare
>notice the rounds used to kill Slare were 12mm, C20 bullets
>bring this up to Chuggy and Tim
>corner Lee and try and get him, he manages to escape while cuffed
>chase after Lee knock him down and shoot him with my SMG he gave me
>search him
>no C20
>uh oh
>"Guess it wasn't his" Tim says
>He dropped an E-gun
>Chuggy grabs the egun and stuns us both
>Strapped into a chair while he spaces Tim
>He comes over to me and I manage to get my wirecutters out
>he tosses me and I drop them
>grab them again just before he spaces me
>in space now
>already badly wounded and my health is dropping fast
>snip my cuffs
>throw my wirecutters to get back to the station
>fails
>fuck
>put on my mask and throw my empty internals box away
>floating back to the station
>manage to get back inside
>down to single digit health
>health meter is blinking red
>running down the hall to medbay
>find Chuggy
>he's shocked to see me
>pull out SMG
>he pulls out mug bolas
>kill him before he can even try and throw it at me
>gib him
>break into the bridge and call the shuttle
>head down to medbay to get some medicine and see if I can find Tim's corpse
>go check outside medbay maint
>it's just sitting right there
>quickly suit up and break down the window and grab his corpse
>Speed clone him
>ghetto cryo him because cryo was deconstructed
>shuttle docks
>shuttle lands at centcomm
>Both traitors fail
>it was Chuggy and Lee
>MFW

bump

Yeah so I'm like sitting in a lobby all alone. Total noob but I keep seeing these theads and finally giving it a try. I'm guessing wait until the next round starts or what?

server's empty, wait a while till someone joins to show you the ropes. If no one joins just go do something else for an hour or two and hop back on.

I'll be here a bit, so maybe someone shows up and I've not gone AFK doing something else

the game quacks when someone joins or readies up.

>empty server
anyone around to play?

Rope so Lee can hang himself when someone says something mean to him when?

you can hang yourself with cable cuffs kinda
i know ive tested it
but i dont kill myself when someone is mean to me i kill them.

I think one of the cable coil suicide methods is "X is hanging themselves with a length of coil"

I just started playing ss13 recently. Veeky Forumsstation seems to be very active and popular. Why doesn't it have threads on this board, or any presence on this site for that matter? Did they get kicked out by the mods or something?

Veeky Forumsstation stopped being Veeky Forumsstation, the crew and admins eventually stopped including people from Veeky Forums as it became more and more popular and eventually I think a great big event happened and the station got renamed to TGstation.

>no neet euros or nocturnal burgers to play spacemen with

I'm here user

bump

bump

bump

>aiden puts up a force field around the whole station
>calls in like 5 meteor storms at once
>it does nothing
>mfw

>spend 800 cargo points and multiple hours to construct an array of emitters and field generators around the station
>queue 8 meteor showers
>meteors pass right through the fields

it even went around the tcomms sat

Did the generators get hit first?

No, the meteors just go right through the fields.

they've always done that but I agree its pretty dumb.
I don't think those shields even count as dense to objects either, just bounces mobs and singulos.

Do Shield Generators or Anti-Breach Shielding Projectors work?

bump

the anti breach projectors could do with being directional and costing a more proportional amount of energy for how much shielding they're providing with a high initial cost to make the bubbles, followed by a small upkeep to keep it steady. After that if the bubble gets taken down by something then it can take more energy to re-make it after a few seconds or so, so greytide can still bash through it with something reasonably robust if they want to

as for emitter fields they've always been spaghetti and have soley existed for spacing engineers, killing nuke ops, and failing to contain the singularity. They could do with being dense and giving just about anything a good zap and toss that hits it. If we could make the shielding more flexible for singularities instead of always needing to be a certain grid size, we could potentially make it so you can have a 3x3 singularity in a 5x5 area, but with a 1x1 tunnel of emitters open to sacrafice shit to singulo

I'd just drop and stop playing the game for months if that happened. I hate putting effort for nothing.

You know, why does the emitter field ALWAYS fail to keep the singulo in place anyways?

they need to be a weirdly specific dimension and the singularity's random stepping around has very specific checks for emitter fields, which is likely why the dimensions need to be specific. Usually though they run out of power because for some reason you have to shoot the stupid fields with an electric emitter beam to charge them instead of just wiring them up directly like it would make sense to

bump

>not how to come in security
wasted effort

Should sec get their own toilets? What about the cells?
I think perma has a toilet.

Any sec officer who lives long enough to have to take a shit is robust enough to squat over the tator and do their business there.