Veeky Forums gifts

Hey, what sort of Veeky Forums related gifts would be cool to recieve or give? I'm asking because my dad wants to give me something for my 21st, and wants to get something special that'll last a lifetime (or basically one). I love almost everything Veeky Forums, especially warmahordes and tabletop roleplay but he wants to get something in between several hundred dollars and one thousand dollarydoos, and I can't figure out anything that is that expensive?
Help would be appreciated, but other than that, Veeky Forums gift thread?

Other urls found in this thread:

artisandice.com/order/mammoth-ivory/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Always thought these were neat, not really in that price range though.

These make sweet gifts, stone dice from norse foundry

Your dad wants to give you a memento from him about your hobby.
That being said, specialty dice or tabletop-related furniture are good bets, as they can be expensive while also lasting a while.

and be sure to be thankful that you have a father who loves you, user.

Yeah, I am thankful, and I want to make him happy by getting a present that I'll really like, if that makes sense? He's not great at finding presents, so he gets excited when he gives me something I really enjoy. I hope this isn't making me sound like an asshole who just wants free stuff, and I feel bad asking for really pricey things, but he insists on it.

Mammoth ivory dice are on the list for my bf's bday.
artisandice.com/order/mammoth-ivory/

Honestly I'd put consideration toward what you think you would use on the regular, but advise against something easily lost or ruined. Consider something tangentially related and practical- a new computer for instance would allow you a platform for pdf files and chats like roll20, but it also assists in other needs of your daily life.

A computer isn't really a good present for a 21st though, you want something that'll last a lifetime ... no computer will do that.

Fair enough. Then, maybe something related to the hobby? If you like figures, a good airbrush and workstation might be nice. If you enjoy LARPing, camping or cooking equipment fashioned after medieval designs would always win points. You might just need to think outside of the box of directly-related stuff is all I mean.

> wasting money on shit just because it looks pretty

Standard dumb-ass female. I'm not even surprised.

> geek chic

Disgusting

Get a knife OP. I know places that make great custom knives, you could ask for one of those for your 21st and it will last your entire life, and you can probably use it too without fucking it up. The best way to use it would be to slit your throat in front of your dad on your 21st birthday and watch the look of utter horror and nascent grief on his face as blood pours down your chest and you collapse into your birthday cake, utterly ruining that happy day, and your parents' lives.

off your meds today?

>being this much of a shitter
So anyone who likes something you don't is an idiot in your book, aren't they?
OP came here specifically for gift ideas that are Veeky Forums related, not a fucking knife

A knife? For a 21st birthday girft from a parent? There is literally no suggestion you could have made that would have been more retarded. Good chance your parents are also siblings.

Got daddy issues, huh?
Go use your GBP for more chicken tendies and adult diapers, you edgy pathetic cunt

How bout a bunch of miniatures to play ttrpg with and a mondo mat

>something special that'll last a lifetime
>several hundred dollars and one thousand dollarydoos
Large tattoo fits the bill, they come in Veeky Forums flavor too.

On more serious note, probably furniture. Piece made of solid wood with a good craftsmanship will outlive you. Cupboard or table.

Personally, if I had that budget now, I'd ask for a Brompton bike.

Is that a dice tower that doubles as a wooden box to hold your dice?

Or just a hipster dice tower?

Are you and your pop any good at wood working? It'd probably be a lot more special if you and your father MADE a gaming table together.

Plenty of design ideas and plans online, too. This user has a good suggestion if you like to do this kind of work.

Apparently it's the first option, I didn't even knew dice tower was a thing

>A knife? For a 21st birthday girft from a parent? There is literally no suggestion you could have made that would have been more retarded.

Explain how so? Knives are awesome and are a common gift as a show of passing into manhood. Although for nu male cucks like you it's probably something like an iPhone or a coffee mug. I bet that's what you got from your dad, huh?

I'm a man, how the fuck would I have daddy issues.

>I'm a man, how the fuck would I have daddy issues.
UR a fagget, that's how!

By being an edgy cunt on a post from an user looking for personal gift suggestions that his dad really wants to pay for and have last for life

Spam can of 7n10

Try for a table with a recessed center and a grid map of some kind.

Automatic Dice Roller
They're about $15 or lower. Put the lid on, press the button, it rolls the dice, take the lid off, nothing scatters, everything tumbled.

why the fuck would you need to put a lid on it?

Something like that isn't going to last a week.
Dramatic reveal?

What are you on about? knives are a great tool! I use one daily! Hell, i've got a selection of knives for different purposes and uses!

Look, This one is a a folding Husky-brand razor-knife. It holds a razor blade and is good for undoing tape and cutting cardboard. I don't care if i get it dirty or dull it, because it's intended for regular use in non hygienic scenarios.

And here's a Balisong, a crappy, chinese-made balisong, which I use to cut foam and insulation, because that is what it is best at.

And this is a wood-handled cheese knife, which goes alongside my cutting board explicitly for cutting soft cheeses so i may snack on them.

See? Useful knives!

Because some things are not meant to be seen user. The rift in probability from which the interdimentional tentacled horror that rolls the dice emerges would shatter your sanity.

If you paint minis, a really good set piece is a great gift. Nagash from warhammer 40k or the draco-lich are both really good models that are great gifts.

Mine has lasted pretty well.

Do you frequently host games at your place ?

If you do, investing in a nice wooden table would be nice.
Don't ask for leather though, or you're gonna want to ban all kinds of food at your games

I have told all friends and family only ever to buy me two things, boolits and whisky for special occasions and I will be honest it is awesome wife and close friends know me well enough to buy something I like in addition to the above.

I strongly recommend doing this.

It keeps the dice from flying out of the shaker.

Do you like chess? If yes, than a beautiful custom set is nice.
I guess you're not really into knives though I would second that idea.
If you're into painting minis than a pro set of brushes might be nice.
Maybe a drinking horn?
Be sure to tell us what you decide to get in the end!

>not rolling for a gift like a true fa/tg/uy
but why?

He has no table upon which to roll.

I'd be wary of getting something that will last a lifetime in Veeky Forums flavor. Clearly your dad wants to give you something of a symbol of your transition into adulthood, or whatever. It's important. And not that gaming isn't important, or that you won't still enjoy it fifty years from now, or it's too childish, I'm looking at what kind of games you'll be playing in that time.

Is there any chance you might switch systems to something incompatible with a gift you're looking at (maybe in 20 years wargaming has changed enough that you don't need a huge ass table? Or what used to hold all your minis doesn't work with all the new units they introduced in 16th edition)? How much use will it get? How easily will it be lost? Specialty dice sound fun, but that could easily be eaten by a pet, dropped into the pocket dimension under the sofa, etc.

A nice table or bookshelf would be a good investment, if you host frequently or would like to. You'll always need a place to put your stuff. Maybe a real nice set for a classic game you like, like chess, mahjong, go, whatever. A good tool set of some kind could be nice too (I'm not a wargamer, but I bet a real nice set of brushes would get good use over many years).

>40k
>40k
>40k

why the hell would you use a balisong to cut insulation? i would imagine the razor would work just as well.

>my dad wants to give me something for my 21st,
>and wants to get something special that'll last a lifetime
Get a gun. Useful, fun, and properly cared for it'll last longer than you and the value only goes up.

A knife is better for like, 13 or Christmas, not 21.

Are you and/or your dad particularly handy? Start making a table with him. For a thousand bux and the time you two sink into both designing and making it, it'd be both an amazing gift (from him to you, and you to him) and a pretty fucking nice table assuming you don't fuck it up. And even if you do fuck it up, you get to laugh about it together. This is why my family makes wargame terrain together, despite that we don't really play anymore.

Seriously, take a look at some youtube videos of custom gaming table builds. It's a fun project, not all that difficult, and you can make something that works exactly how you like and will last pretty well for not even a twentieth the price of a professionally made one.