In-game Racism

What are some of your favorite ways to represent racism in game?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KjHclWPVij0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Racist jokes.

A half orc half dwarf boy runs home from school one day and asks his father, “Daddy, am I more orc or more dwarf?” The dad replies, “Why do you want to know, son?” “Because a kid at school is selling a horse for 50 gold and I want to know if I should talk him down to 40 gold or just kill him and take it.”

People visibly turn pale, refuse to serve, spread rumors, and chase them out of town. For me, I've always given in-game racism a very good reason, because in D&D the racists have a point.

If orcs have been raping and killing regularly, Ye Old Village is going to regard half-orcs with fear and disgust. If you're a dark sorcerer and you don't hide it, people will be scared shitless. If you're a tiefling with obviously demonic features, people will think you're a demon and get the holy water out.

Yeah, that's one thing I've always done for my players. I've had one where a woman is about to be burnt at the stake, and they rush in to protect her.

As it turns out, she IS a witch.

Genocide.

That's a fun idea.

How about some ideas for slurs?
I have an upcoming enemy who has it out for elves. Other than calling the male of our party a lady I don't really have and ideas. Mostly just need something to taunt the party with.

I backstab the pickpocket the nonwhite characters

Elf ears on a string.

In this setting, are witches a separate thing from respectable magic-wielding heroes available as player characters or are magicians in general bad?

Awesome. Got more?

What about player driven racism? Example, I despise elves, so would a penalty to interactions with them be acceptable or even benefits in combat?

I know that could get out of hand, but I'm talking very minor things for in combat.

I remember I had a rumor spread in my game that consuming elf flesh would give you immortal life. The result was dozens of elves being hunted down and murdered so that their corpses could be cooked. Young female elves around the age of 20 were considered the best because they had "the most years left." Eating the ears was the most popular way of doing this. The elves fought back of course, increasing the hatred against them. Eventually elves would be kept in cages and packed in like sardines, and there would be breeding facilities where elves were forced to fuck as much as possible, and the bottom 10% of childbearing females were killed graphically and brutally on the sacrificial altar to remind their fellows what happened if they did not produce enough babies. Elf-flesh was a slow-turnover trade, like producing fine wine, and

Knife-ear is pretty standard fare. Try to come up with something based on their longevity? Is there a horrible thing they've done in the past? Relate the slur to the history of the elves. If they're pacifists in general, call them honorless, or somesuch. Attack their deities. Worshippers of a dead god. If they don't act in response to the plight of other races, call them dolls out something, indicating they're incapable of acting on their own will. You need stereotypes about them.

This is heavily setting dependent, but for example the word "nigger" is derived from the romance languages' word for "black". So if there are more languages in your setting other than muh common you could have a slightly changed version of the dwarven word for "blond" or "yellow" as a slur against elves.

"Spook" is also another slur targeted at blacks, presumably because they would spook you at night since they're harder to notice and you might bump into one. Sounds like a pretty good slur for a dark elf or tiefling.

Bestial races and their kingdoms are not recognized by the other races as true kingdoms because of the belief that they lack intelligence, organization and any aptitude for order and discipline.

>Penalty to interactions
Maybe if your character acts like a racist dick towards elves, but being racist doesn't always show during conversations.
I would rather give a racist player some penalties to their cultural knowledge concerning elves. Combine that with RP'ing like a racist and the downsides will start snowballing fast.

>Benefits in combat
Nah, being racist doesn't make you hit harder. You could say you're more on your guard for attacks, but I figure you'd also know less about the race's culture.

I see you've evaded your ban yet again.

>What stops the elves falling out their trees?
>The ropes around their necks.

>How do you stop a half-orc from drowning?
>You don't.

>What's long and hard and has pointed nears?
>Nothing!

>using RL racist slurs for fictional races
>using RL racist slurs at all
Come on, man.

The child-eating, demon-worshipping type.

how does a 20 year old female elf have more years left than a same-aged male elf or a younger elf

Your kind will be first in to the camps.

I see Virt is back.

>Knife-ear is pretty standard fare.
Knife-ear? Well la-dee-da, don't we have fancy names for tree-fuckers?

widely accepted. anti-racism is a too modern concept to be plausible for me in many fantasy settings.

hatred CAN make someone fight harder

I always preferred tree-fuckers to knife-ears personally, but it depends on the age level of the game.

He always was

It could work as Favored Enemy type thing, assuming you're in full on race war-mode.

>its 2016, come on!

I'm playing a racist elf and I love it
"You want to hire a prostitude? Why?! You humans can copulate with anything. Just get a dog or something."

>anti-racism is a too modern concept to be plausible for me in many fantasy settings
That depends on the setting

In your average kitchen sink high fantasy there are too many races that live too close to each other for us to be able to draw parallels with RL race relations from a period when 99% of people went their entire lives without ever seeing someone with a different skin color

Anyone got more racist fantasy jokes? My orc barbarian PC loves those

Tree-fuckers being for the 12 year olds, right?

>the bottom 10% of childbearing females were killed graphically and brutally on the sacrificial altar to remind their fellows what happened if they did not produce enough babies

Wait elfs can coltrrol if they will have chhildrens or not?

In D&D they're called Hags, and are not human. Makes for a bit of confusion when you're trying to differentiate between them and female warlocks.

I hate the cheesy, over-the-top societies that universally fucking go out of their way to assault outsiders as if they have nothing better to do.

My NPCs are, with rare exception, racist in a realistically tight-lipped manner. They just get impatient when dealing with other cultures (as one is want to do) and treat strangers of the same race with only slightly less trepidation than strangers of another.

>TFW White supremacist whose drinking buddies are an old Crip, a flaming homo, and a (naughty) Muslim.

>too terrified of black people to banter properly with them
Who's the racist now?

Nah man, that's all roleplaying as opposed to mechanics. Rather than a numerical penalty, you'll just face consequences when you say something racist or offensive. "Well King Knifeear, you're welcome for saving the forest, but we better get out of here before you guys start having another one of those elven sex fiestas I've read about." Now you've got to use Diplomacy, Bluff, or further roleplaying to get yourself out of an awkward situation.

As for combat, target elven enemies when you can, and stay away from elven allies if they havn't proven that they're "not like other elves". If anything, you're looking at tactical disadvantages as your prejudices get the better of optimal targeting. "Sure I should probably kill that cleric before he heals something or casts a paralysis spell or what-have-you, but that sneaky cloaked elf bastard over there probably has magic too. I better go strangle it out of him before he turns us into trees or something."

Also, important side-note here. If your character's racism is getting in the way of the rest of the group's fun, knock that shit off. Yes, it can make for some fun roleplay moments. Maybe that elf king will point you guys in the direction of an actual sex fiesta, but if you just pissed off the quest-giver right before you got rewarded, your friends might be a tad bit pissed. Also, be especially wary if you've got an elf in your party. Party conflict makes for some awesome roleplay, but can turn south super fast. Remember, "It might be what your character would do, but you made that character."

Honestly, it's more likely that their kind will be herding other people into them.

Gonna need sauce on this since I got nothing from reverse image search

Don't get your hopes up, the elf ears are a crude shop.

Jesus Christ, Virt. Just leave us alone.

Humans are just stereotyped as massive whores, regardless of gender, creed color of their skin or, you know, actual slutiness. After all, if you see a half orc or half elf or half dragon, chances are the other half is human.

Hey, let's be fair now.

Orc and elves are one thing, but that other half of the half-dragon could be practically anything. The only reason half-humans are more common is because dragons are themselves pretty rare.

And also because taking long naps on huge piles of treasure is a good way to wake up murdered. Dragons, man.

centaurs

"Only reason why you humans are such good diplomats and emissaries is because lying is the only way they can cope with reality"

We usually don't have it in our games.

A couple of characters have been ELF STRONK and I think one ran a game with HALF-DRAGON STRONK

you dont want it, you think you do, but you dont want it.

It's a lovely story about the life of a dairy cow. From birth to slaughter.

>dairy cow
>slaughter
Maybe this is me being dumb, but I don't know if those fit together.

Celia from OOTS claiming her being called an airhead was a racial slur was pretty amusing. I'm not going to spend the time digging it up.

What do you think happens to the brunt out dairy cows?

Well, what happens with a dairy cow when it gets old / used up and can't give milk anymore?
Waste not.

Oh, I think I know which one your talking about man. That was dark! (I'm not if that matters)

Cow got old.

Dumb horseface poster

Er, I wouldn't think that old cow meat would sell that well? I thought you were supposed to kill them in their prime.

Leather and animal feed such a pet food or in France fed to other cows, typically not used for human consumption,

In Shadowrun, the preferred epithet for elves is "dandelion-chewer".

They still feed cows to other cows? What about mad cow disease‽

Bit odd since dandelions ain't that bad. A tad bitter, but pretty tasty.

>in France
>typically not used for human consumption
In Eastern Europe, they typically are - sausages, meatballs, meat loaf, etc. pretty much everything that comes in ground-up form is usually made from second-grade meat. Because it's cheap.

Only bones, hooves, sinew and skin are used as animal feed.

Bad wording, they are not used for actual cuts of beef but instead are used for ground chuck.

Once, my character - a human necromancer - encountered two drows. And it was his first time seeing/interacting with those, so he started called them niggers and refused to interact with them further.

I find it extremely telling that the majority of these racist slurs are aimed at elves. What's with the inferiority complex, Veeky Forums?

what the fuck

> this "and" at the end

Are you sure you just aren't an elf in disguise?

Okay, I'm not into guro but now I really want to check it out now to see how fucked up it is.

Nevermind, I found it. It's by ShindoL, you guys could've said at least that much

Guess what is put in industrial food ?

Elves?

Nope. In almost all countries, old dairy cows go for slaughter and end up in your fast foods or bolo sauces.

Humanity fuck yeah.

Even better when the main enemy of the Humanity fuck yeah sect/country/ideology isn't other races but humans who tolerate other races.

Elfdom or orcdom fuck yeah work too, of course.

Sweet Jesus it was really good, how couldn't I like it?

No racism in my games, no humans after all. Rest of the races hate each other's guts though.

It takes either a peculiar deviation or some serious desensitization to enjoy ShindoL's works.

For everybody else, there's Milk Party!

I'm just a massive pervert into most kinks, except guro, scat, vomit, sounding, and diapers

>It takes either a peculiar deviation or some serious desensitization to enjoy ShindoL's works.
This is why you only read the ShindoL stories about crippled girls. For some reason they're the most vanilla.

You know I hate elves as much as the next guy.

but this is a little to far

How does a virgin cow produce milk???

Because if you want realism, there's the other thing.

I made a form of racism for my setting

Basically religious freak elves who follow a nature goddess show up out of fucking no where in the modern day no one really saw it as a threat but they were spreading around a new age religion to convert humans in their ranks that actually gained a shitton of followers due to the motto of "All are welcome" but they arent really the big part of my setting the only big thing that the goddess has done was was fuck over a combined military force by turning them all into beastmen/Fantasy creatures centaurs,orcs,werewolves,bugmen and Orges forcing almost all of them to be depressed veterans or mercenaries trying to make it by due to their own countries abandoning them they might be scumbags to many but they have a deep brotherhood with the other mutants even if they are from different countries.

So once proud humans who were just following orders get fucked by both sides the nature goddess who was spreading her religion as "Everyone is welcome expect those icky mutants :D" and then the the soldiers own leaders "official" word is that they all were KIA in the battle and the mutants are just science experiments released by the elves.

>or in France fed to other cows
It doesn't happens, because it's illegal.

>except guro, scat, vomit, sounding, and diapers
First of all, sounding?

And a second of all most of those things are in ShindoL.

The Deep Gnomes in my setting are essentially slaves working on plantations. I didn't even intend for this to be a thing. It started as OOC jokes and gradually just became a thing somehow. Now it's an important plot point

>In Shadowrun, the preferred epithet for elves is "dandelion-chewer".
That's a terrible slur. It's seven syllables with several pauses in the middle of it. Slurs need to be sharp and to the point, not long and meandering.

Black people don't like being called niggers and spooks by white poeple user.

youtube.com/watch?v=KjHclWPVij0

Sticking things in your pecker hole.

Proper banter and racial slurs are too completely different things, man. It's one thing to say we like fried chicken, it's a completely different thing to call us all lazy cotton-pickers.

ShindoL may draw some shit I'm not into, but the rest is damn great.

>Why is the bear the only animal in the forest that don't have pointy ears?
>Because they are the only ones that don't let the elves fuck them

SHOTS FIRED

Oh! One of my characters Does this, it's even part of his backstory. He's recently expanded to orcs and goblins!

Ever see those guilt trippy documentaries on how horrible the food industry is to livestock? It's kind of like that. Like milk party, the cow is a 10%, but the atmosphere of the work is completely different than milk party.

I'd never call a black person a nigger or spook.

Mostly because I live in a good area and have a tech sector job. Every time I see a black person they are a delightful novelty like the time someone brought a pygmy goat into the office.

There are cases of mammals producing milk without getting pregnant. I wouldn't be surprised if it was somewhat natural for a milk cow.

On second thought "kind of" is probably under selling it.