College

How many of Veeky Forums in school? Post schools here. I'll start

College is hands down the biggest mistake of my life. Anyone who says otherwise is in denial about being scammed.

Depends on what you major in IMO. Engineering/medicine/business is almost always a good investment

i am not in school. i'm better off winging it on my own.

Finance and Accounting is all that matters here

Lib arts colleges gtfo

I'm not going to post my school, fuck you, but I am in nursing school.

no SJW or liberals here.

I am dropping out to just get experience in my field and work my way up.

College graduate, but have been NEET for years.
Ran into a few legal troubles and have been trying to get my life back together since.

>i'm stupid

That's your fault for not getting into a STEM field. Have fun weaving baskets underwater with your liberal arts degree.

College is practically free for me(EUfag), So all i'm doing in wasting 3 years of my life while occasionally learning something here and there. Win for me.

>i'm poor and can't afford to go

Master degree in banking and finance

Completing my MBA next quarter at the Foster School of Business at the University of Washington. Decided to work immediately after graduating high school instead of going to college and after 4 years ended up working at Boeing as a Technical Writer earning $118k even though I didn't have a college degree and been putting 50% of my earnings into crypto the past 5 years. Took advantage of Boeing's free tuition program after getting hired and had my entire undergrad paid for including all textbooks and materials and decided to just keep going. They recently castrated the tuition program quite a bit so it all requires approval now but I'll still continue taking advantage of it for as long as I can and maybe even go for my PhD.

aw now i feel bad, you made it sound like a decision you had control over. best of luck user

Bachelor and later (hopefully) masters degree in mechatronics engineering.

Where are you? US? Europe? Community college is pretty cheap in America. Do well in your community college classes and transfer to a state school

University of Texas at Austin business school

Anyone in San Jose State? I remember someone shilled Bitcoin in my freshman class in 2014 after it crashed.

Pajeet here

I’m changing college since mine is just terrible. Will be doing a distance learning program from an Indian college. I have a full time job in a large hosting firm(work from home), run a side business, invest in crypto/mutual funds/stock, train for marathons/weightlifting so I hardly get time for studies. If this is good then it may get me interested enough to study

There are good colleges near where I live but I don’t have time or patience to study for their super hard entrance tests

So you're bad at math?
Actuarial Science is the way to go if you're not a pussy...

Rice University , Electrical Engineering

Best ITT

I'm the LTC shill. Hope you held your bags

Computer Engineering. This was my safety school too feelsbadman.jpg

This used to be a cozy little university. Then over the last couple of years, leadership has changed and they've started focusing on "muh diversity muh lgbt muh college degeneracy stereotype."

Now we have ten times as many niggers here as we did in my freshman year, and I get all sorts of nonsense emails from the school every time Trump says anything, emails about how there are "safe spaces" (yes I know that's cliche but I swear I am not making it up) and about how there are counselors to help people with any mental anguish they may feel now that Trump is president. Man I used to proud of this school, because it's my community and it used to have people I recognized.

med school reporting in

>business major
>good investment
LOL

Physics

Im thinking of doing my mba as I will be graduating soon. Should I do a mba in Europe or the US?

> be German
> don't have to pay for education
kek

I dropped out of that shithole a year ago

>don't have to pay for education
>can learn anything you want
>still decide to go into a useless major

bcomm finance major

buy ADA btw, thank me in 2018

Medicine fag here. I dont know how people spend tens of thousands on retarded lib art degrees

UCSD in Structural

College is worth it alone for the connections, your fault if you only focus on studies.

I went to Georgia Tech. 1 in 7 alumni are millionaires. It's hard as fuck though. No easy majors to hide in which is why we suck at sports and why there are no women.

About the graduate from this school.

Erasmus University here

lmao
McGill here

Fordham here, graduating in a few weeks starting work at merrill lynch in january.

Im community college scum.

Never thought I'd see another person from Fort Wayne on Veeky Forums, hello brother. How old are you?

Bro, it is entirely what you make of it. Constantly better yourself and take opportunities. I know a ton of people in investment banking and they come from all sorts of backgrounds. Half the ivy leaguers in ibanking I know who are a bit older than me didn't last longer than 2 years because they never had to actually work for anything in their life.

I feel the same way, but I'm so close to graduating that it would be more of a waste to stop now.
Every day is torture though. Education keeps getting in the way of my education.

I am 26 years old.

are you using your rich dads money to buy your crypto?

That's the brilliance of the scam. Once you're in, and realize what a scam it is, you're stuck and basically have to keep going to justify the $ sunk into it. Brilliant scam desu. The fact it's institutionalized and romanticized in our culture the same way religion is makes it arguably the most brilliant scam ever.

DESU I feel it was worth it in the end but I absolutely 100% couldn't agree more with
>That's the brilliance of the scam. Once you're in, and realize what a scam it is, you're stuck and basically have to keep going to justify the $ sunk into it.
For some weird reason even people who understand sunk costs can't avoid going further with their education.

Fuck that's so true it hurts

UVA aka nova normie central

It really is, and even the people I know who have great jobs from college feel as if they could have learned more just interning/working for a year at low pay before being given their job. They almost all only fondly remember a drunken few nights but now that they have moved on they all want 3-4 years of their life back. The scam would deteriorate if large companies would just go back to training employees out of high school for long periods of time/have them attend some courses within the company. Idk but its gotta change cause it really is the scam of the century

the only regret i have in college is not fucking as many asian women as possible. i was such a dork. had many opportunities, but i smoked weed instead.

just LOL at people who go to private schools. public schools + scholarship or just learn everything online.

>the same way religion is
come on man, big pseud alert statement there. if you actually had an erudition in western canon then you would most certainly not think up such a stupid thing

you might know numbers but that does not mean you know everything

I'm not talking about traditional "regret", more like, "I could have done this work with less schooling"

You get it

What school?

I remember being told in my first year of college things like "It's okay if you change your major", "One more year of school is no big deal", "Don't worry if you fail a class". All lies to keep you in the system as long as possible.
The average US college student takes 6 years to get a Bachelor's now.

not poor if you marry me user!

ayy were at the same shcool

>Engineering

UCLA

I dream of soft, smooth Asian legs every day.

i go to this school as well

No I'm not an international student
Bought 20 btc in 2012

Ha, yea, well at least you had a functioning brain. Listen to this retardation.
>No guidance from parents or shitty school in the hood on what to do going to college
>Don't take year off to actually search what careers exist, maybe intern. (Like I said no guidance, drug addict mother, father not around) I literally just had good grades and extra curriculars, but no clue about majors and jobs
>Instead of reaching out to successful college grads, attend a liberal arts school with no major in mind
>End of sophomore year realize how fucked I am for job prospects
>Transfer to a business school and study finance
>Continue to get fucked at every turn, even so far as having to take a fucking theology course to "fulfill core requirements" (its a catholic school).
>Finally start taking ibanking, modelling, private equity, security analysis.
>Realize if the school allowed it I would have easily been able to take all these classes for my major in 2 years and not need "texts and contexts" or "philosophical ethics".
>Now graduating after the transfer added 2 whole years to my college education.

Sure I got a good job and will likely be happy, but I can tell you for sure I will always fucking resent the way I went about it and the school's endless tricks to extend what amounts to 3-4 semesters of work to reach competency in a field, into a fucking 8 semester marathon of nonsense.
Now I actually volunteered through my job to talk to high school students about their options, hopefully I can help them avoid my shitshow.

good shit on that W

nigga syracuse is an amazing school. great football team too

krannert?

haha whats up man! I go to FIU. Dade sucks dick tho, so does FIU

started there but switched to cs after a semester

Hell yeah boi
What are you studying?
Are you a former OAP bitcoin astronaut?
What's worse, getting JUSTed by Big Suze or by alts?

What was your reach? I applied to like 6 schools (lol). Had to actually get an advance from my boss to pay the application fees. If I remember correctly
Columbia (Waitlisted, then rejected)
NYU (Waitlisted, accepted, too much money
Villanova (Accepted)
Fordham (Accepted, free ride, attended)
BC (Accepted)
Hunter, Baruch (Accepted, safety)
I had no idea what I was doing lol and my drug addled mother basically pressured me to not apply to schools outside the city. I was never going to BC or Nova

Anyway my cousin went to syracuse and studied like fucking park and urban architecture or some dumb shit but actually got a really good job, its a great school

I'm in the same boat user, I transferred to another school for a year to study business until they told me how long it would take to graduate. Every class had a different prerequisite, resulting in a plan of about 6 semesters, each one with only 1-2 classes.
I just ended up switching back to my shitty meme major, at least I can finish in a reasonable amount of time.

What's your major?
what industry do you want to get into?
What school u go to?
Guaranteed none are as big of a deal as you think.

>What's your major?
Spanish
>what industry do you want to get into?
I want to start a software company. Already building the software but school gets in the way.
>What school u go to?
State school in California

Oh then fuck it, you’ll just pay some schmuck to do the finances eventually if all goes well. Not like u want to work for goldman

holy shit didn't realize this many soyboys went to my school. Faggots

REED COLLEGE WHERE MY BOYS AT

football team is good too.

who baruch here?
oh wait none of you. no one at baruch speaks english. i should’ve accepted fordham instead

Damn that is like the holy land

It’s a good situation here in Austin, but UCLA is unequivocally the best place as a college student to get tons of Asian ass

yo fordham soon to be grad here, literally no difference. In the time I was there I'd say asian percentage went from ~5-10% to like 25%. Also virtually no difference in quality of education. I can guarantee that. Nice as fuck campus though if you ignore the surrounding ghetto.

Heh I hope so user.
It's always good to vent about the past, but it's also best to try and forget it sometimes.
Hope we both have success in the future.

I'm studying Accounting at Desautels, you?

>What's worse, getting JUSTed by Big Suze or by alts?
I'm /comfy/ holding LTC and XMR since September. Big Suze is one stingy hag.

Still a good school kiddo. Chin up.

what's wrong with business :'(
I feel like its a good all encompassing degree to achieve at least almost a guaranteed decent median salary

As any fine Veeky Forumsnessman would, I only buy high and sell low.

i really wanted to go, but i couldn’t convince them to give me anything for aid. i would’ve taken private loans if i knew how shitty baruch was

College was a great deal for me. I had a scholarship. I will admit that anyone in there not on scholie is getting scammed, though. Half the classes are taught with lesson plans that are available online free of charge for colleges across the country, and a lot of professors tell students to turn to Wikipedia or online documentation as it pertains to covering newer material, especially in STEM. The only thing of value is the networking and being able to say you went to X school in a job interview. For all of that, you could go to a community college and spend one or two years at the big school after the fact. Or even go directly to grad school post CC if you have high enough GRE scores and can work some applications magic.