Warhammer 40,000 general

Don't reply to bait and/or trolls Edition

>Rules databases
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s) (Updated 8/11/18)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V8.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

How do you outfit your tactical sergeants?

What you working on Veeky Forums? Play any games recently? Planning on playing any games soon?

You can take a Dthirster that is exactly 345 points, check the rules in the book it comes in for daemons.

Nothing or usually a combi-plasma.

So is most of the crunch for Deathwatch.
>terminator captain loses all options
>watchmaster doesn't have them in the first place
>chaplains inexplicably can't take jetpacks or bikes, despite that being the one role they are good at
>still no special ammo for terminators, but bikes get it
>gun options for dreads cut down
>vanguard vets can't take off their jump packs
>black shields are a big deal; only one unit gets them
>Killteam rule is at best awkward
>meltafists for regular termies, but not for characters
And the list goes on...
Yes, veterans are a very powerful and versatile unit, but the rest of the codex is a fucking mess.

yeah but could it 1v1 a landraider?

>Orks are a melee race!
>I2

Seriously user, what do you think the D-thirster is?

The bloodthirster of insensate rage?
You know, the one with the strength D axe?

>What you working on Veeky Forums?
Space Marines
>Play any games recently?
No.
>Planning on playing any games soon?
...no.

Meltabombs, maybe a combi-melta or -plasma if I'm feeling saucy and I've got the spare points.

That's fine.

>s6 rending is good
>cant even glance a land raider
pask confirmed scrub

user, just stop it.
I don't know what your obsession with the land raider is, but you and that other autist who couldn't help but reply to you completely shit up last thread. For the love of all that is holy, please fuck off. It's just spam at this point, and even milhouse was less forced.

>What you working on Veeky Forums?
MT
>Play any games recently?
Tonight, three little scenarios using start collecting boxes, good fun but some awful rolling.
>Planning on playing any games soon?
Tuesday night at GeeDubs beginners night, as fun as they are you never seem to get much done because it's normally a six way free for all and it takes ages to get a game turn done.

Are you feeling saucy now?

so it cant 1v1 a landraider?

im not surprised, there are few who can.

>Working on
Right now nothing but I'm juggling ideas for Darkstrider and Shadowsun kitbashes
>Recent games
Against my buddy whose starting the game again with Black Templars. Played one against him with some Khornate CSM I had, 1K points. Was so fucking fun and incredibly close. Us playing two bullheaded armies, we kept going until the very last man, ending it with a very close loss to me at Turn 9. Only thing he had left is a Captain with 1 wound and a Razorback with two hull points. The last unit i had was a single hull point Rhino.
>Any games soon?
Same guy either Tuesday or Wednesday. !.5K with my foot Tau. This is gonna be sweet as it can go either way. I have outflanking goodness but he has a very aggressive playstyle and mechanised crusader fuckers. I can't bloody wait!

>cant even glance a land raider

How much of a faggot am I if I paint Blood Ravens

Well this thread is off to a terrible start.

Anyways, Veeky Forums, GW has decided to add a new named charecter to your favorite codex. And, for some reason, they've decided it will be based off one of your dudes.
What's their name, stats, cost special relic/weapon (because every special charecter has to have at least one) and back story?

If you like, not at all.
Nothing wrong with painting and playing armies/models you like. It's one of the major points of the hobby.

Extremely

Depends how many bits you include from other chapters.

I like you, user.

Thanks, I guess.

You're a pretty alright guy.

I want to paint my IG army after 252nd Conservators and make my Company Commander look similar to General Vance Stubbs, though I may limit myself to what wargear I can actually take.

Just basecoated a DW vanguard squad. Promptly ran out of leadbelcher spray halfway through the left arms. Also painting yet another knight for my household. My first knight warden and my future baron. Still trying to come up with a design for the heraldic shield.
Had my first game in like three months this weekend. That flyer expansion is shit-awful, like, holy fuck, it drags out the game past any reasonable point.

All of them.

A Tempestor Prime rocking that 70's and 80's squaddie tash. Stats don't matter he's already won the lottery of life.

Speaking of which, did anyone notice this guy in the new Deathwatch minis? Is this the first example of an official GW Blood Ravens mini?

"Spade Guy" - I modeled one of my vets carrying a melta to have a E-tool on his back - somehow he always seems to go against all odd in close combat, holding his own against OTT characters. Today, for example, he rolled 10 4+ armour saves against a group of Chaos Ogryns - in the past he's killed warlords on his own, won whole games by tarpitting and been a general madcunt.

WS5 BS4 S3 W3 T4 I3 A4 LD9 SV3++

IWND, Eternal Warrior, Preferred Enemy (Warlord), Counter Attack

Digus Maximus: x2 str, when charging against more than 3 models gains Rage

>Is this the first example of an official GW Blood Ravens mini?
It runs in my mind they've done one before, but I can't seem to remember anything about it. ,ight have never happened.

Honestly, I'm suprised they don't have some more blood ravens minis. Would have been a great way to cash in on DoW and DoW2. Perhpas with rountree in charge, we'll get some special minis to coincide with DoW3.

>Orks are a though race
>No invuln

>Orks are a shooty race
>Bs2 wih guns that cost the same as space marine equivalents

>Is this the first example of an official GW Blood Ravens mini?

Not too sure but it made a great White Scar Librarian

For my Ravenwing

Sgt Alan "Al" Opeesya

his glorious shiny head serves a beacon to deep striking reserves.

Shouldnt orks get preferred enemy against everything, seeing as they love fighting

They dont have a single rule to reflect their love of fighting

Post pics bruh.

>tfw I can't find the shoulderpad on ebay

>They dont have a single rule to reflect their love of fighting

Yeah there is, when they fight eachother they get REAL FIRED UP!

Still a WiP so not too worth posting. I just took his chest, head and sword arm and slapped him on a Dark Vengeance Bike.

DELETE THIS

Too soon, user, too soon.

I don't get it :(

Someone asked the FAQ guys if it was a misprint that Ork boyz are strength 3 but hit themselves at strength 4
The FAQ guys basically responded with "Nope, they're really fired up xDDDDD"

When orks lose on their table, whatever its called, some sort of leadership thing they fight and kill each other. When they do this they have S4 even if they are S3. In the FAQ the reason behind it was because they are all fired up from losing.

I just vomited a little bit...

orks are S4 on the charge so it makes sense they'd have S4 when charging their own unit

Don't they get that from a formation?

Is the shoulder legit Blood Ravens? Does it have the teardrop shape and the raven head?

furious charge, man

unless they lost that? I don't think they lost that

That actually pisses me off.....

All Ork units have it by default in exchange for lowering the strength all basic Orkz by one.
It's a hang over from the days FC doubled your I, which is why they're also I2.

So you could say that your really fired up? :^)

[Unintelligible Screeching Worm Noises]

Yeah until I scraped it off to be more Ravenwingy.

>3 Enginseers together in squad with total of 4 Servitors
>2 in base contact with one tank, one with another
>Repair 2 vehicles with the same bonus to repair rolls

Can I do this or do I need to spend another 40 points per Tech-priest to repair multiple vehicles?

The Priest and Canoness ride with the Repentias.

+++ Penitent Rush (1499pts) +++

++ Adepta Sororitas: Codex (2013) (Combined Arms Detachment) (1499pts) ++

+ No Force Org Slot (56pts) +

Ministorum Priest (56pts) [Bolt Pistol, Power Maul, The Litanies of Faith]

+ HQ (120pts) +

Canoness (120pts) [Bolt Pistol, Power Axe, Rosarius, The Mantle of Ophelia]

+ Elites (163pts) +

Repentia Squad (163pts) [Mistress of Repentance, 6x Sister Repentia]
··Sororitas Rhino [Dozer Blade, Storm Bolter]

+ Troops (300pts) +

Battle Sister Squad (150pts) [2x Battle Sister, Battle Sister with Flamer, Battle Sister with Heavy Flamer, Repressor [FW]]
··Sister Superior [Bolt Pistol, Boltgun]

Battle Sister Squad (150pts) [2x Battle Sister, Battle Sister with Flamer, Battle Sister with Heavy Flamer, Repressor [FW]]
··Sister Superior [Bolt Pistol, Boltgun]

+ Fast Attack (380pts) +

Dominion Squad (190pts) [4x Dominion with Meltagun]
··Dominion Superior [Bolt Pistol, Combi-Melta]
··Immolator [Dozer Blade, Laud Hailer, Twin-Linked Multi-Melta]

Dominion Squad (190pts) [4x Dominion with Meltagun]
··Dominion Superior [Bolt Pistol, Combi-Melta]
··Immolator [Dozer Blade, Laud Hailer, Twin-Linked Multi-Melta]

+ Heavy Support (480pts) +

Penitent Engine Squadron (160pts) [Penitent Engine, Penitent Engine]

>Don't reply to bait and/or trolls Edition
It's just like AoS generals although I dunno if they're still a thing.

You will never become a SPESS MAHREENS ADVANCE!

Aureliano Alatriste, Chapter Master of the Brazen Gryphons
Type: Infantry(Character)
WS d3+3
BS 5
S 4
T4
W6
I d3+2
A d3+1
LD 10
Sv 2+
Special Rules: And They Shall Know No Fear, Chapter Tactics (Iron Hands), Eternal Warrior, Feel no Pain, Independent Character
>Accursed Torpor
Some of Aureliano's stat values are randomly determined at the start if each player turn. Roll a single d3 and apply the result to all stats.
>Singular Magnificence
This model cannot join units or be joined by Independent Characters. This model cannot be transported in a vehicle unless explicitly stated otherwise. This model cannot run or go to ground.
Warlord Trait: Rites of Battle
Wargear: terminator armor, iron halo, locator beacon, chainfist, orbital strike

Artefacts of Monarcha (relics):
>Excelión, the Sun's Warmth
This blazing spear is the badge of office for the commander of the Brazen Gryphons.
S+2 AP2 Melee, Two-handed, Deflagrate, Shred
>Bastion Desafiante
This palanquin mounts a number of ancient defensive devices granted by the Brazen Gryphons closest AdMech allies and is carried into battle by the chapter master's personal honor guard.
This model may re-roll failed armor and invulnerable saves. In addition, at the end of the close combat phase roll a die for every model in base contact with this model; roll two dice instead if the model is a vehicle or monstrous creature. For each 4+ the unit that model belongs to suffers a S8 AP2 hit with the Concussive special rule. If this model fights in a challenge do not roll for the models involved in the challenge.

FC never doubled your Initiative, it merely added +1. And Orks had shitty melee stats even before they got FC, too.

>New

Kill Team Cassius have been out since March in Deathwatch overkill.

Also, yes , it's the first official GW Bloodraven.

Exterminator Tank Commander Evanson - 190 points
Must be accompanied by 1-2 Leman Russ Exterminators.
Grants all Leman Russ tanks within 6" Tank Hunter and Shred against skimmers and Eldar Jetbikes.

Deployed to constantly repel Craftworld and Dark Eldar forced Evanson's tank squadrons to adapt to the fast-moving xenos. He made a name for himself after achieving victory, dueling Fire Prisms with his Exterminators after the company's Vanquishers fell. With each repair or replacement tank he harasses Tech-priests to allow him to fit additional Autocannons using the hull and sponson weapon mounts.

Have any of you guys seen as Azrael from the last thread he seemed kind of mad.

Vanquisher Tank Commander Gears
WS- BS4 Str- T- HP3
150 Points+usual tank upgrades costs
May take 1 additional Vanquisher: 150 points+ upgrades
>Special Rule: Prepared for anything!
Gears' unit carries both vanquisher, and battle cannon rounds and may switch between the two as he sees fit. Additionally, his smoke dischargers may be fired twice per game.

Gears is notable for his brief stint on Armeggeddon, during which he frequently found himself fighting off commando ambushes. He has learned to surprise the enemy by keeping anti-infantry shells for what is generally considered an anti-tank gun. One ambush too many has driven Gears to attach extra smoke grenades to his vehicle for quick escapes.

Damn! You beat me to the punch! Also your's is better.

I'm playing with the idea of adding a breacher team to my army, despite the fact I'm 99% sure it's the stupidest fucking idea to send Fire Warriors within farting distance of space marines. Do you run them, lads? How would you recommend them be fielded, if at all?

>Leman Russ tank with both Battle Cannon and Vanquisher rounds
When I built my first tank I wondered why you couldn't have access to both shooting profiles since the barrels were just different lengths. A tank commander that could run off with both rounds sounds great! With a Lascannon that's 2 Anti-tank shots or fire the cannon for melting a group of MEQs at a good range.

>vidya

with an overpriced devilfish they might do something
if you just want cheap bodies stick with pulse rifle strike teams

Devilfish and Guardian Drone. I'd run multiple, and purchase the upgrade for the Devilfishes to Overwatch, and have the multiple squads nearby to benefit from each other's overwatch and survive until next turn with 4+ and 5++.

Sorting through a large lot of old shit I got the other day, who are these guys?

Thank you. I heard having a team in a devilfish be boosted to within 5", unload them and the drones off the transport, shoot and then thrust move the drones between the target and the breachers to be a good save from getting charged (and you'll only lose 2 drones instead of a breacher squad).

You can only pull this once though, unless you completely mulch your target. I feel vespid might be a lot more viable the gun's profile though, and considering the steep price for a devilfish, might be more economical too.

Eversor, Vindicaire, some sort of IG sergeant or commander? Kinda looks like a skinny Creed.

L - R: Eversor Assassin, Vindicare Assassin, no idea

Eversor, Vinidcare, genseed carrying dude when a starter box had ultramarines and tyranids.

Vidya as a BR name has been a thing for a while.

Those assassins are just worthless, you should send them to me so I can uh, dispose of them properly...

But jesus christ, what the fuck is that one-piece manlet model? Can't tell if that's supposed to be a fluffy beard or some weird collar, and his weapon is just bizarre.

Shh, you're ruining the sly reference.

Cringeworthy

Thanks guys

(;

If y'all don't mind spam, I have a couple more pictures of models I'm unsure of.

These guys have the GK pauldron, but I've never seen them before and I can't find them in the Codex. Who are these guys?

>working on
May repaint my Inquisition Crusaders since I made them when I first started.

Also need to get 2 more Rhinos and a few Marines for a Stormlance Battle Demi Company.

>games
Played against a footdar/aspect list today, 1500 points. We played Eternal War, the one where you roll randomly for how much objs. are worth and try to kill Fast Attacks.

My Plasma Cannon Devastators struggled to get much done. I had a bunch of tac squads and ran Raptors tactics to scout them up the middle and had Scions drop on his Night Spinner (?) with 2 Jump Pack + combiweapon Librarians with them (not the greatest use of points but I had to bring the list up to 1500). They took off 2 HP and I focus-fired his Banshees. They managed to wipe a tac squad though.

Honorable mention to Coteaz and his space monkeys who roasted some deep-striking forge world aspect duders when they tried to charge their Chimera.

I got 2 VP for FA kills, 3 points from Objs. He got Linebreaker and FB + 5 Objs. so he won, 7-5. Was a fun game.

>planning
I hope to play a lot of smaller games and Kill Team things. I'm gonna build a bigger list for 1500 and 1850 but I honestly dislike sitting at the board for so long.

Remember when scouts didn't look like complete shit?

Crichton!

Here's some Necrons. No clue who the guy on the left is. I'm assuming the one on the right is a generic or named Lord, but the Flayed Ones-esque claws threw me off

I THINK the ones on the sides are Psycannons and the ones in the middle are Incinerators.

That's a wraith and a necron lord.

The guys in the back seem to be some kind of Black Templars, generic Marines for all of them except some named guy I'm unsure of on the left. Then the guy up front- is he a GK of some kind?

Left is an old Wraith, right is generic Lord

Guy in front is the Black Templars' Emperor's Champion.

emperors champion and sword brethren

BOYCOTT GEEDUB UNTIL NEW ORK CODEX

So whats after deathwatch, any rumors?

Sounds like someone's been S4'ing their own army.

Oh you're right, it doesn't look so bad when paitned actually, and the gun has a more Imperial skull and wings on the other side which cancels out a bit of the generic sci-fi look.

Yeah they're just old GK with psycannons. DL an old codex, maybe even the Daemonhunters codex, and you'll find them.

looks like youre pretty fired up

Final picture for now since I don't want to spam/shit up the thread, just thought I'd post these awesome models I've decided to keep.

Awesome old Servitors, Corteaz, and two kickass Chaplains. I'm pretty sure one or both of them are Black Templars which I'm not a fan of, but the old sculpts are too beautiful for me to care.

I also got a fuckton of SoB, nids, SM/CSM/Black Templars, and necrons in the lot too. Life is good.

Genestealer cult Dex I'd believe. Don't know when however. All I know is that Inferno comes out next year, and IA14 is somewhere between late this and next year. Probably wrong on the latter.

8th edition AKA age of emperor

REALLY FIRED UP