MTG EDH/COMMANDER GENERAL

No Regretti Edition

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface
magiccards.info

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/grenzos-gobbos-1/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/heros-gallery/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first for new PucaTrade layout is hideously overdesigned

FIRST FOR COMPETITIVE EDH IS AIDS

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/grenzos-gobbos-1/

Not mine.

Seems that way. Either its bogged down, or some script is not working, because I literally can't even navigate anything thats not a direct hyperlink. Literal shit.

New daretti is op as fuck, i need to get me one

RIP Ponzitrade

>tfw spellslingan to bullshit Fireball wins

I am never playing with a creature-heavy deck ever again

must be nice playing on easymode

>spellslinger is easy mode
Not him, but you're retarded. Unless your meta is heavy on the control / also spellslinger you're gonna get deathstomped by aggro creature decks

>edh
>aggro decks
Wut

>He doesn't know about the glory of Gruul aggro

Efficient U/B wincons besides Exsanguinate?

someone hasnt played edh much

spellslinger/combo is by far the most efficient way to play

palinchron+deadeye+blue sun zenith

Duskmantle Guildmage + Mindcrank

I know of it, it's pretty alright in low-powered casual metas. Or against retards.
>40
>FUCKING
>LIFE

Are double faced cards too much of a gimmick to work anywhere outside casual wannabe pro decks?

No

Traumatize + Mortal Combat

So I can roll up to the local cheeto moth at my game store with some werewolf theme deck and still have a chance?

You mean jank like this?

Ruric Thar is a really good werewolf commander.

I use give//take in newzuri, at worse its draw 3 for 6 but chances are i have plently of +1/+1 counters flying around

Oh you mean flip cards, yeah they are awesome, just remember to wear your fursuit to the lgs to make it even more awkward

I like you.

>they are awesome
>wear your fursuit
I'm getting mixed signals here...

I want to do a sort copy/clone werewolf thing and just duplicate a bunch of night forms.

True, but I was too greedy. Well, my over opponent played Niv-Mizzet, so the whole whole thing was pretty ridiculous.
I kinda hoped he would destroy the Sphinx.

BIG MEATY CREATURES

No he means double-faced cards, this is a flip card

Give//Take + Lorescale is great.

Get outta here that card is great

I've wanted to build a dega tokens deck for a hell of a long time, and now they've finally printed a good commander for it.

Conspiracy 2 Hype.

I made a Tromokratis EDH, I no longer have friends.

Im so confuz

He costs 8 mana in a non-ramp color

At least play Patron of the Moon for them sea monsters

I use artifact ramp.

So wait, does that monarch shit work outside of Conspiracy drafts?

I used to run Bound/Determined in my Cromat goodstuff deck. Pretty handy

Absolutely it does. Why wouldn't it?

I meant flip cards, like werewolves. They have no blank backface. The MTG rules refer to flip cards as Double faced cards so whatever.

I vaguely heard about it, thought it was some additional rule to make those drafts more interesting, then saw that Marchesa gave you monarch status and got excited about the possibilities.

So, as long as no one plays a monarch-making card, the monarch status doesn't exist, but when someone becomes the monarch, then that title can start bouncing around as people deal damage to each others, and this regardless of if they're playing draft, EDH, or Legacy?

I am legitimately excited about this mechanic and how it can potentially make EDH fags play more aggressively.

The worst thing about this format is that so many people want to build up a giant board and never attack anyone. They're afraid to do anything to anyone else

>So, as long as no one plays a monarch-making card, the monarch status doesn't exist, but when someone becomes the monarch, then that title can start bouncing around as people deal damage to each others, and this regardless of if they're playing draft, EDH, or Legacy?
That is absolutely correct, user. And Marchesa produces value either way, either through aggressive tokens or the card advantage inherent to being the monarch.

It will be nice if it makes people attack other people, but for some reason people don't realise how powerful card advantage is. So they'll probably go "Oh its just 1 card a turn, he can have that." and not attack. I wish wizards had put in a way to remove the monarch thing once its begun, but oh well no one ever said wizards was smart.

>Free card draw in mardu
>this is holy grail stuff right here
>its like finding a double cunted hooker

>new Daretti doesn't state that he can be your commander like old Grenzo does

New Daretti can hang out with me and Marchesa in Dega tokens.

tfw you cant play NuDaretti in old Daretti
tfw because he wasn't part of a commander supplemental he couldn't have the can be used as commander rules text
just

>people don't realise how powerful card advantage is
Only retards don't realize how powerful it is

Don't know if I'd call Marchesa a tokens commander but at least she can make a token like half the time I suppose.

The tokens she makes are just gravy. The free card advantage and manageable cost are both super relevant.

I was brewing a marduchesa deck that was mostly prison and boardwipes, just getting value generating tokens with Planeswalkers and etb token makers and a few janky combos, still testing it out

>someone elae is the monarch
>make tokens at upkeep
>flicker marchesa
>we monarch now
>collect free card
>repeat if they do it again
Wew lad

We're talking about EDH players here, it is implied that they're retards.

Point was I don't know if a good Marchesa deck is a tokens deck.

I don't particularly care if it's super competitive, user. It's going to be fun.

I feel like I have to put the black monarch cards into king macar because he's the king

Fuck you nigga I'm the king

When you use exponential growth to increase your creatures power, suddenly it becomes a lot less of an issue. Of course, you still have to deal with commander being a multiplayer format.

Whats a good spellslinger deck that is not Izzet anything, Wort, or Riku?

Dralnu

Jeleva

This. Xenagos aggro is probably my most powerful deck. 75% ramp, 15% removal, and 15% wincon creatures. It's not hard to go from an empty board state to 192 damage to all opponents the next turn. Also, Turn 3 Vorinclex is delish.

I was gonna say doesn't this count as izzet anything but he listed Roku seperate so whatever

Ceaterhoof decks can do this but I don't think most people think of them as "aggro decks"

That was my thinking.

so if i were to play her in my random legacy deck, for no reason, she reads draw an extra card on your end step?

Monarch works exactly the same in all formats with an eternal card pool. This mechanics work in one on one and in multiplayer. I don't know why this is so weird to people.

A ramp deck isn't "aggro"

its just a new feature, it add something we havent had before, a sort of drawing mechanic you cant get rid of after it starts. is a shame she and her cards that make you monarch all cost 4+

I play Wort combo and Xenagos aggro, depending on my mood. Gruul is my favorite color combo. What's your commander of preference for smashy smash?

i mean, most of the time its, "flood the board" cast craterhoof, and win.

Serra ascendant a 6/6 lifelink flyer for W vs craterhoof memehemoth for best edh meme
>GO

Mayael
White brings all the boys to the yard

>You ain't seen nobody with as much skills as me

Does anybody want to help me choose 5 cards to cut for my captain sisay deck?

im at 105

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/heros-gallery/

im trying to make the deck not too reliant on captain sisay herself, and have her be somewhat of just icing on the cake

>Aura shards support
Ayyy.

Yomijii looks super expensive, not really necessary.

Just picked up Patron of the Moon. What am I in for?

cool thanks for the suggestion, ill consider that, hes very win more, i love the art though

the crown is really good in a token build too, because once someone else gets the crown, they are encouraged to be attacked by someone else so that they can get the crown, which in turn frees up the board for your army too swing in, while also chipping away your enemy for you. the crown does a lot to politically manipulate the board in favour of the token hoard

>and now they've finally printed a good commander for it.
pic unrelated?

Moon furry persona

If I cast emrakul, the promised end and take control of my opponent.

Can I force him to cast and fizzle the doom blade from his hand at emrakul?

>he doesn't know about Slivers

No. You can't target Emrakul. Targets are chosen before spells are cast.

No, New Emrakul can't be the legal target of an instant, so.

You can, however, pop it on his creature.

Decklist pls

This new Grenzo is hella stupid strong

I like it :^)

He runs mono black:(

Thanks

Colorless stuff.

That could be a good way to cause people to scoop. Keep barking and talking about your fursona till they walk out the door.

he should have been boros colors imo

versus Mental Misstep

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks he's really good for Boros.

My Iroas deck has a new friend now :'^)

I have yet to play in a group that doesn't houserule Planeswalkers as commanders. Most Planeswalkerd are just too shitty, and the few that are broken I have never seen used

>Get up on the chair and howl at the ceiling when you draw a good card
>tell your opponent in what way you would yiff your werewolf cards if they were real
>have a stuffed animal on the table with a cum stained yiff hole

Magic: The Yiffening

Wort the Raidmother mah dude