/bbg/ Blood Bowl General - Finals Edition

Because surely we can't go through another thread before they finally play their match.

Also Secret Round 2 deadline tonight, Round 3 should commence shortly.
plasmoids.dk/bbowl/Bloodbowl.htm
1d4chan.org/wiki/Blood_Bowl

The latest rules, the CRP (aka LRB6):
marmeladov.com/BB/LRB6.pdf

Stunty Leeg handbook:
fumbbl.com/files/Stunty_Leeg_Handbook_v1_0_1.pdf

Veeky Forums FUMBBL group:
fumbbl.com/p/group&group=9828&op=view

Veeky Forums Stunty Leeg group:
fumbbl.com/p/group&group=10178&op=view

Veeky Forums Secret League group:
fumbbl.com/p/group&group=10393&op=view

IRC Server: irc.fumbbl.com
Port: 6667
Channel: #tg

Steam Community for Blood Bowl 2:
steamcommunity.com/groups/tgbloodbowl2

Cknoor's tutorials:
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLSJ6kwwJv4Nr-Ky1PaFZys50S7zewio1O

Previous thread: →

Other urls found in this thread:

fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=883797
fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=848819
hitbox.tv/video/1121683
fumbbl.com/p/notes?op=view&id=3359
fumbbl.com/p/notes?op=view&id=2692
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Rolled 4 (1d6)

gfi or regen or whatever

dead

season 5 when

wood elf catcher got +ag for his first skill, does this change how i skill him? or just give him the usual

Take the +ag and pray the fouls don't kill him.

>finals today
>literally nobody cares

a good way to kill the league
season 5 when

Kind of hard to get hyped for the match when neither of the coaches give a shit enough to even post in the thread about it.

DEAD

I have finally gotten around to making the placeholder for the portraits in case I wanted to try out the portrait method for the SL Obituaries, which I may do later because I finally got the new Vampire and her lore, and now I need to update a lot of shit.

No rush my man, Secret Season is just a fun thing to try and hold people over.

>bottom rung secret coaches last seen 2 days ago
>cutoff was 10 hours ago
>no round 3

"No grace periods" - crab 2016

crabs true colors are showing.

>People trusted Crab

>wah wah
>wah wah

Better call Mauled, I'm sure he'll contact Nuffle so he'll sort it out

I'm EST you idiots, cut-off is in 3 hours.

Just to point how to bad this bait it, 10 hours from it wasn't even Monday for USA time zones.

Seven days to play your game, crab picks the days. No one said in a row.

First game of Round 2 was on Monday, so the last day is Monday.

First game of round 1 was on monday and you wanted to 'pull the plug' on sunday.

That was a week ago, but circumstances change things. If you have a problem with me just PM me so the thread doesn't have offtopic stuff wasting space.

>The past is the past please forgive me
>Seven days, from a certain point of view
>Discussing my management of the secret league is offtopic and a waste of space
>Delete this

Hilarious

It is offtopic when all you are doing is nitpicking, you try to shit on me every thread because I have near infinite free time and always reply. I can make a pretty safe guess you aren't even in the secret league, but if you are I know who you are.

Knowing what 7 days actually are, especially if you're going to be strict about it, isn't nitpicking or offtopic

7 Days are from when the first game of a round was played. The first week post was because both the coaches had a match planned and said that was when they were gonna play it.

I will also point out if people want me to take them seriously they should send me a PM. Because I'm assuming the past 9 post and mine are just shitposting.

1 hour till we get over with Season 4

And then I go to vets and stomp until i drop.

more like more than 4 hours

I was excited to get it over with and forgot how time works.

will you engage them in maximum ogredrive?

ROUND 3 IS LIVE, Marr takes the win for posting in the thread since neither of them have been on in 2 days or PM'd me.

You better believe it.

If you get some spp-hungry tryhard team in your first round i'm gonna be so fucking mad unless it's me of course

My snots are all dirty nigglers, especially camel that duoble niggler, so bash em in while i ogre ball with my 2 break tackle and 2 guard and my one killer ogre destined to die sometime soon.

Is there any way to delete retired teams?

>retired some teams before they ever played a single game
My retired teams are just littered with garbage now.

Rolled 5 (1d6)

Gfi

It is finally time

fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=883797

And a link for those interested.

Time to stick another trophy on that logo.

Finally, after this seemingly endless season 4 we got to the end. Congrats to Quickslithers.

So, before season 5 dawns, what are the fellow coaches and possible newbies going to play that season?

I'm playing wood elves:

fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=848819

Figured I'd let you hurt my players for a change.

>fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=848819

>inb4 magical AV7 and perfect APOs

Quick name your 3 favorite pieces in any order. Mine are Wardancer, Warpstone troll, and Pelf blitzer.

Pro Elf Catcher, Skaven Blitzer, Chaos Ogre.

marauder, underworld stormvermin, vampire

Slann Blitzer, Chaos Beastmen, Goblin

I am ready for elf season

Dark Elves not allowed

Eternal Underworld rep present

Frog Catcher, Underworld Blitzer, Tomb Guardian

Yeti, Werewolf, Kroxigor

Is there a kroxigor that gets mutation chance? Then that kroxigor.

Probably the closest you get is Chaos Pact Ogre.

Those are really nice, who makes those?

Noob here, looking for some advice on my Skaven team (BB2).

Sitting at about 1250 tv with 13 players, is it worth taking another Linerat? They're very fragile so it would help but is 14 players just too many when it come to TV bloat?

Also, currently for 1 thrower but are they really worth taking? It seems like the Gutter Runners can probably do the throwers job just as well, especially once levelled. I was considering cutting mine and getting a Linerat instead.

13 is a good number to stay at for bloat v backup. I would keep the thrower because he has sure hands but many coaches don't run thowers because GR are already ag4 and you get 4 of them. Another thing to consider is that if your storm vermin are not getting any TD, you are doing it wrong.

13 is already too many for the TV you're at.

Suggestions on how to develop a Nurgle warrior who is already ST5 and Block?

I just rolled doubles for my next skill.

Now usually it's a case of grabbing Dodge to stay upright, but for an ST5 guy, that is not making best use of his starting stats.

Also, you know how slow Nurgle warriors level up, and Dodge ain't exactly going to help with that.

So should I ignore the dubs? Take Tentacles? Take MBlow to win SPPs faster and get Tentacles/Guard? I would have an almost undefeatable wall as my Beast already has guard, too.

If you have an ideal build for this, post 'em.

Blodge Tentacles Stand firm. Maybe Guard/ Mighty Blow later for good measure. You might as well get rid of the beast after that.

Hadn't actually thought of scrapping the beast, but that's not a bad idea. It'd certainly be a lean team for Nurgle. But I kind of think you need the Beast to properly function - especially against runny dodgy teams.

Blodge seems the conservative choice, and I'd usually opt for that. But it will be a slow grind up to 51 SPPs for a warrior without a single kill skill....

Conservative pick is tentacles, long-term pick that i would take on dubs is sidestep.

Thanks, I tend to score with my Gutters most of the time so I'll have to try and get the ball to the Storm Vermin a bit more.

Benefits of sidestep over stand firm or dodge, though? I had a look at it but for Nurgle, I was thinking that preventing the other team going forwards (stand firm) was probably more valuable than repositioning my roadblocks...

Dodge means nothing if they have tackle. I just prefer sidestep to stand firm because i can choose push on an uphill block and mark potentially more pieces or just have a better postion going down then the square am in. Having sidstep makes sideline screens safer too.

No one is going to use their tackle blitzer to block a st5 piece.

Ah, okay. It's definitely personal preference - I would prob go Stand Firm in this case. As user says, you're unlikely to find too many Tackle players taking on a ST5 warrior and, on the same note, I am not going to often find him out by the sidelines waiting to get shoved out of bounds, either.

But is everyone mostly agreed I should straight away opt for a positional / control skill like tenties/SStep/SFirm, rather than a kill skill that'd get me more SPPs quicker?

That is my main problem. I will massively slow his progression without a kill skill, and I don't want to take a control skill thinking it will be awesome, only to regret it.

Well you have 7 other GSM players, having one annoying, supporting piece isn't bad. I don't like when people think every piece on Nurgle/ Chaos has to be clawpomb.

Having St 5 and tentacles is enough to make any team cry with a BoN also in the wing. Road blocks are just that remember, nurgle teams especially have it easy with the added DP FA skills on warriors and the beast.

Agree with this so much. I usually build one pestigor into ClawPOMB and two warriors into MBlow Claw. Too much focus on armour breaking and injuring usually means your team is not actually developed enough to get itself into position and hit the opposition otherwise!
I think you could be right here user. Tenties it is, I think.....

Don't put SPP on stormvermin, you need those levels on your linerats.

Did anyone here watch the Blood Bowl Comfy stream that someone did as part of the "never ending comfy" of the 2016 Veeky Forums Summer Elite Cup?

>Blood Bowl Comfy stream

here is the recording of it.
hitbox.tv/video/1121683

first match is Veeky Forums vs /co/

For those who are curious about the records of Season IV and the All-Time Records, I have placed them at fumbbl.com/p/notes?op=view&id=3359

I will add them to the main page later.

Guess who's back with a new player?

I didn't know this was even a thing. If I had time, I would watch it.

>Cowboy Tanktop still has 8 records

It will only be a matter of time before he loses all of them. It will take a while before that happens though.

And while I am here, here is the Obituaries at fumbbl.com/p/notes?op=view&id=2692

For the Playoffs section, the two Bonobos are from a rookie team and thus count as rookies. The other players are vets.

>fumbbl.com/p/notes?op=view&id=2692
>LogicsFate has died twice

Secret matches where

No timer until the first one is played :^]

>tfw no troll gf

Mangletoof is here for you

pic related

I might bring the fumpers back purely to take that record off of Tod

I don't want a gf that's only there for an hour and because I paid her.

With how much they RS it you can get 4 hours out of them!

Thinking Frug's won't suffer through another season to keep it.

Rolled 3 (1d6)

gfi

dead

the deadest, now when will tooby pay christer to resurrect poundinator?

Rolled 1 (1d6)

regen

Are people able to sign for season 5? And if so, where? I would love to sink my teeth into the Veeky Forums league again!

I was the coach of that pathetic excuse of a Ogre Team a Season or two back. Now that I've brushed up on my blood bowl skills, and have finished college for the time being and am able to post in the thread again; I wanna get in on this action

Apply a team to the league and wait for Mauled to open sign ups. Then you just message him saying you want to play.

Season 4 just ended, so give it probably 2-3 weeks before sign ups begin

Glad to have you back man

Thank you, and glad to be back. And I promise to put on a better showing, using a weapon I gained from my humiliating losses of yesterseason.

I'll be using my salty, salty, tears

I was gonna play Humans at first, but I want to give Chaos Dwarves a try.

Keep up the Round 3 stall lads.

gantherouge?
And like some anons said, like 2-3 weeks before the next season. Mauled mgiht be away right now anyway afaik.

Art imitating life.