Shinobi Quest #32

Shinobi Quest #32

This quest takes place within the lands of the Five Great Shinobi Nations (aka Narutoverse) starting roughly around the beginning of the original series. The world of this quest remains similar to the original, with slight but notable differences in certain areas, based upon the passage of time from a single slightly altered event.

(It’s a goddamn Naruto Quest, you bastards. Have fun, participate, and write in when you feel inclined. Most of the outcomes of this quest will be determined by you, the players. Critiques and questions are always welcome, as my knowledge of the weeby shit is not all encompassing.)

pastebin.com/WiPdCqLH

Previous Threads: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Shinobi Quest

Last thread, Tsuki Norihime and her allies entered the revamped Training Area #44- the “Forest of Death”- for the second round of the Chunin exams. Though they arrived later than another team, Team 7 and their allies decided to investigate the “Castle” regardless. Sneaking past the enemy shinobi, the advance team of Tsuki, Hinata and Nori was able to locate the scroll inside of a hollow tower atop the castle. However, as they did so, explosions from below- likely caused by Shikamaru’s traps- announced the arrival of something else….

Yaaay!

Awww yis, time to ninja

BEST GIRL HYPE

Although you don’t see the detonations, sound is unmistakable. Something has triggered Shikamaru’s explosive tags- and there are still enemy shinobi below.

Hinata and Nori look to you for direction- what is your course of action?

(Choose one.)

1. Hurry down and assist! InoShikaCho is down a member and will need help!

2. Leave them for now- you need to worry about the Shinobi team below you in the castle.

3. Have Hinata go scout out what’s going on below.

Looks like you posted a picture of the wrong sister

>3. Have Hinata go scout out what’s going on below.

>1. Hurry down and assist! InoShikaCho is down a member and will need help!
>4. Lament lack of lewds and cool cats from kumo
But really oh boy non-lewd genin quest

WE GOT YOU HOMIES

Have hinata use her Byakugan to see if we need to go help them out. Grab the scroll regardless with a shadow clone.

>3. Have Hinata go scout out what’s going on below.

Hopefully we can either avoid the team in the castle, or get them involved in a fight with whoever just showed up.

We already have the scroll.

Please don't be orochimaru...

>Have Hinata and Nori help Shikimaru's team
>We'll sneak back into the castle and spy on the other team

If we have to fight them we can practice afterglow in a battle

Hurrying down to assist!

Writing.

I hope it's Orochimaru.

We can kinda negotiate with him, at least.

Broheim we're saving Stellar for the finals (or the prelims of Round 3 if we need it).

We can kill them team if they aren't konoha ninja

the only way we will survive orochimaru is if we impress him, and even then he'll probably give us one of those cursed marks.

Are you retarded? We're willing to kill for our village but we're not murdering peeps in the chuunin exams.

>killing enemies before they can become stronger and kill our ninjas
How is that retarded user?

The part where we don't want to fuck over all diplomatic relations with the country we invited to do a joint chuunin exam with?

And the paper that every team had to sign, you don't make people sign that if they aren't expecting it to happen user

There's a big difference between a liability of injury or death paper and going out of our way to slaughter an entire team. Legally we'll be fine, but the sand ninjas visiting and the sand hokage aren't stupid.

That paper was worth nothing diplomatically. I'm not against killing the Sound, but I don't think we'll need to. A good alpha strike with mind control and shadow puppetry can cripple their ability to attack.

Don't you remember Gaara LIQUEFYING multiple teams and getting away with it like nothing happened?

Or how EVERY ninja skill is about murdering people? People would think we're a psycho if we went around hunting down victims to murder or executing prisoners, but killing someone in a fight is almost expected.

That said, Afterglow is our trump, we shouldn't bring it out until we have to. Don't forget this is a battle of endurance as much as speed. If we dump all our chakra now we might have to stop and rest instead of blitzing the tower.

>They attacked us first we just defended ourselves
>Can't prove us wrong

“We have the scroll- let’s go!” You say, directing your team forward.

The three of you run to to the edge of the castle’s top tier- it descends like stairs into the forest below. You can faintly the smoke from below- you need to hurry.

Skipping between tiers is easy for all of you, and within minutes you’re near ground level. What greets you, however, is not a team of genin, as you expected.

Choji seems to be wrestling some sort of giant serpent! Through sheer strength alone, he’s holding the snake’s jaws agape- at his feet, you can see Ino, unconscious. Shikamaru is nowhere to be seen.

Tsk. As strong as Choji might be, you doubt he’s more than a tasty snack for such a beast. Do these things live here naturally? Or-

No, now isn’t the time to study it.

You-

1. Engage the Snake with you team!

2. Engage the Snake with Nori w/ Hinata on recon duty.

3. Hinata knows about snakes- have her do something about it!

>1. Engage the Snake with you team!

>3. Hinata knows about snakes- have her do something about it!

She's a Slytherin right?

>2. Engage the Snake with Nori w/ Hinata on recon duty.

>Hinata knows about snakes- have her do something about it!

3. Hinata knows about snakes- have her do something about it!

Parseltongue.

2. Engage the Snake with Nori w/ Hinata on recon duty.
Put a kunai into one of its eyes and it will hunt easier prey.

We can take down a snake. Hinata needs to keep our backs covered.

Oh god it is Orochimaru what do we do.

Would Orochimaru choose a Hyuga over an Uchiha? Should we worry about Hinata's snake stuff?

Depends on Wargle, user. Also, aren't summoned creatures completely loyal to their master?

Its weird. Hinata was in the exam too and has no curse mark

but orochimaru never even considered her

I don't even think they were ever in the same panel

Snake stuff is fine, the problem is the asshole snakes that Orochimaru uses. Having Hinata on recon means she'll have an eye open for sudden snakemanlady attacks.

Man lady?

Ladyman.

But Orochimaru has no reason to be her. The only reason he intervened in the exams was to get Sasuke's eyes. But there are loads of Uchiha around now, he could just gank someone in an alley somewhere.

There is another possibility, depending on where Nagato is. The Rinnegan is unique, and the chance to cause an all-out war in the center of Konoha so he can steal it is too good to pass up.

He wants to get Tsuki's bloodline thing that he might have helped make.

the being that can use any bathroom

Engaging with Hinata on recon.

Writing.

>nb4 mom was one of his weird ass agents.

> ass agents

an entire ninja discipline dedicated to clandestine covert operations focused on buttocks

Where do you think Kakashi learned his special jutsu?

You rang?

Shinobooti

Thanks for that user, I'm having a really shitty week and that's the first time I've laughed in days.

Twerk no Jutsu Tsuki pic when?

By which I actually me Guy and Lee.

Jiraiya missed his true calling

Don't have that but I have tsuki in green jumpsuit coming in soon.

It better be bedazzled.

Trust in Larro

Who?

“Hinata! Watch our backs!- Nori, let’s go!” you shout, taking off towards the giant reptile.

Nori keeps pace with you- the glow of her chakra chains visible in your peripheral vision.

The great snake’s eyes shift slightly as you approach- but Choji, for his credit, holds the beast in place.

Nori bounds off to the left, while you take the right side. It’s single large bulges as it follows your movements- In response, you fire off a few kunai in rapid succession. Two hit their mark- burying themselves in the creature’s left eye. Nori must have done something similar- the creature roars in pain- rearing it’s head backwards, launching Choji into the air.

You can see Nori’s glowing chain extending as the creature rears back. There’s a flash of yellow as Nori takes off- Shunshin?

All you’re able to see is the glowing chains winding themselves around the creature’s head- pinning it to a nearby tree. Nori, using her body as an anchor, is wrapped around a thick branch, holding the creature in place.

“Princess! Kill it! Finish it off!” your blonde teammate shouts from above you.

You can see the snake’s softer underbelly presenting itself as a target- how will you proceed?

1. Roast to a crisp with a fire technique!

2. Utilize one of your new lightning techniques!

3. Utilize your taijutsu training- flaw the monstrosity with your swords!

>1. Roast to a crisp with a fire technique!

Make it a big one!

>3. Utilize your taijutsu training- flaw the monstrosity with your swords!

>2. Utilize one of your new lightning techniques!

As much as I'd like to gut the creature, we're better off using jutsus.

It's Tsuki's most advanced ninjutsu, right?

>2. Utilize one of your new lightning techniques!
Wait when did Minato give us the swords?

doesn't reveal anything new incase someones watching.

Bleh, flay, even. Need more caffeine.

I know it's not a Hydra but it's still a snake.

Burn baby burn.

Tried and true, roast snake.

You just have some standard blades from your training- not the Kiba.

I wonder if we can get the Kiba before the finals in the 3rd round.

Spit roast incoming!

Writing.

Lewd?

I can't remember but I thought the conditions were, Don't use them on people from Konohana and don't use them during the tests.

probably not. because chances are we'd be using them against konoha nin.

Ah that makes sense. Oh well.

Let me just call up one of my buddies, we'd love to eiffel tower sum pretty liddle ghourls